Feuer Zug

The Great Pumpkin - fuel tank & loading facility

With Halloween coming, it was time to build the "Great Pumpkin". This liquid fuels loading facility is build predominantly from 64 orange brick separators.Over the years, I've accumulated quite a number as one can see. An internal bracing structure is used to hold the brick separators in position. This structure is modular, so each time I acquire 8 more brick separators, I can increase the internal supports vertically by 5 plates. Maintaining the proper ladder length will be another issue entirely. Maybe if I get enough of the dark turquoise brick separators, I can do a stripe in the tank.

In addition to the bulk tank, the facility has a guard shack, office, and a shade over the piping. I believe the guard shack came from a Batman LEGO set, but I added the Octan sign. The Octan truck is a City set. Everything else is hand built for this piece, including the DOT-111 tank car ("upgraded" to DOT-117 specs, link to the thread at bottom).

51562231757_d9062f00d5_z.jpg

51562231787_a92fc1efd0_z.jpg

51563711664_b3e2fb0578_z.jpg

[51563269398_9992b2a1d3_z.jpg

Edited by Feuer Zug

awesome use of all those seperators you have gathered over the years! very creative

On 10/8/2021 at 12:04 AM, zephyr1934 said:

That's brilliant!

Thank you.

20 hours ago, Paperinik77pk said:

Genial way to use the bricks separators!!! Great! :thumbup: :laugh:

Have to do something with the huge collection of them.

17 hours ago, ivanlan9 said:

Most amusing!  Good on you!

Metta,

Ivan

Thanks.

16 hours ago, Toastie said:

This is a fantastic idea and much more so realization!

The Great Pumpkin ... since 40+ years I am in love with the Peanuts ... any chance that Snoopy will be there as well? (https://www.flickr.com/photos/lego_bro/33358243273)

Very cool!!!

Best wishes,
Thorsten

Nice Snoopy build, but sadly, he won't be. The best I could probably do is Spencer from the Hidden Side.

16 hours ago, M_slug357 said:

@Feuer Zug It just needs a lil green sprig at the top :thumbup:

We'll see...

14 hours ago, XG BC said:

awesome use of all those seperators you have gathered over the years! very creative

Thanks. Now and then, one sees somebody do something with them. This is my idea.