starwarsfan66

[MOC] Endar Spire from KOTOR (6000 pieces)

This is the Endar Spire from the beginning of KOTOR (Knights of the Old Republic) that I designed. It is quite an iconic ship and it's an absolutely massive model at 6,000 pieces. This was probably my longest project that I've ever worked on. The only one that comes close to this in terms of the 'time it took to design' would be the C-9979 Landing Craft which was around 5000 pieces. 

So this model is actually a lot more structurally sturdy than one might think. There is a massive technic "skeleton" that is reinforced by a lot more technic, bricks, plates, inverted slopes, etc. And the stands help to keep the model up and distribute the weight of this massive beast. The head itself acts as a frontal stand. It aligns perfectly on the ground with the other 2 stands which ensures that it stays nice and sturdy on display. 

51562840073_bc4c13f3af_z.jpgendar spire2 by Rendili Bricks, on Flickr

51563281839_2220a734a1_z.jpgendar spire image taking by Rendili Bricks, on Flickr

51561802792_ce72cc865c_z.jpgendar spire image taking_2 by Rendili Bricks, on Flickr

51561805012_b6f607d2d5_z.jpgendar spire_8 by Rendili Bricks, on Flickr

51562839393_de0747f44b_z.jpgendar spire_6 by Rendili Bricks, on Flickr

51562594811_ecd481350a_z.jpgendar spire_5 by Rendili Bricks, on Flickr

51563284939_c8a02a485f_z.jpgendar spire (white) by Rendili Bricks, on Flickr

51563523135_74a32878d9_z.jpgendar spire (white - orange) by Rendili Bricks, on Flickr

The interior:

There are 5 "rooms" in this hammerhead cruiser. The largest room is in the back. This is where you first wake up in the KOTOR game and meet Trask Ulgo. The second room is kind of like a bridge of the cruiser - lots of chairs for computers. The third room is the escape pod entry, where there are 3 escape pod entrances. The fourth room is a cargo room/hallway. The fifth and smallest room is another smaller cargo bay. 

It is also possible to remove the sides walls as seen in one of the images. 

And color swapping is quite easy as well. I made 2 versions. A light-bluish gray one and a white one. I also did some color variations like orange, yellow, and dark blue just to see what they would look like. 

Here is a link for the instructions and parts list if anyone was curious: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-89244/RendiliBricks/endar-spire/#details

Let me know what you all think!

I need this!
And now I want to play KotOR again :grin:
Then again, I've been wanting to do so ever since the remake teaser trailer :look:

In any case: A great ship, and the interior is incredible, very recognizable :sweet:
Great job!

Regards,
Mitch

1 hour ago, CF Mitch said:

I need this!
And now I want to play KotOR again :grin:
Then again, I've been wanting to do so ever since the remake teaser trailer :look:

In any case: A great ship, and the interior is incredible, very recognizable :sweet:
Great job!

Regards,
Mitch

Thanks! I still have to finish playing the original KotOR before the remake