VBBN

REVIEW | 10294 Titanic

Set Rating  

95 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this set on a scale of 1 (lowest) to 10 (highest)?

@VBBN can I ask you for lengths of each individual section? I'm looking into display options and it turns out the only way I can display this set and have it dust-free is by keeping it separated

On 10/20/2021 at 11:51 AM, Alpha Draconis said:

@VBBN can I ask you for lengths of each individual section? I'm looking into display options and it turns out the only way I can display this set and have it dust-free is by keeping it separated

Section 1 is about 17 inches, section 2 is about 15 inches, and section 3 is about 20.5 inches. (Though bare in mind that when you take the third section off, the internal engines stick out a bit - they add an additional 2.5 inches, so the third section could be a max of 23 inches

15 hours ago, VBBN said:

Section 1 is about 17 inches, section 2 is about 15 inches, and section 3 is about 20.5 inches. (Though bare in mind that when you take the third section off, the internal engines stick out a bit - they add an additional 2.5 inches, so the third section could be a max of 23 inches

thank you!

What a hell of a set to review. So big. Definitely not a task for a beginner. Happy to see the awesome job you did with this one VBBN!

Finally got to see the ship in person - it's as wonderful as advertised! If you're still on the fence after a solid review like this, see if you can't see the set in person. This may honestly sway you if you have the chance to see it. Thanks for a good review, VBBN.

I've just finished the first section, and have found one parts mistake. In Step 294, there should be two short strings for the stays on the forward funnel. My set has one short string and one long string. I'm hoping there will be an extra short string later on in the build -- maybe a short where there should be a long. Fortunately it will be an easy fix, since I just need to pop the top of the funnel off to fit the string later.

If I do end up submitting a missing part request, the short string is currently OOS on Pick-A-Brick, so I hope they have some set aside for missing parts.

Peter

2 hours ago, petero said:

I've just finished the first section, and have found one parts mistake. In Step 294, there should be two short strings for the stays on the forward funnel. My set has one short string and one long string. I'm hoping there will be an extra short string later on in the build -- maybe a short where there should be a long. Fortunately it will be an easy fix, since I just need to pop the top of the funnel off to fit the string later.

If I do end up submitting a missing part request, the short string is currently OOS on Pick-A-Brick, so I hope they have some set aside for missing parts.

Peter

The same thing happened to me, I got two long strings for the second funnel, but I got replacements from the Lego missing parts section, hopefully you can do the same.

Thanks TKP. Apparently LEGO's packing bots have trouble distinguishing between the two. It'll be interesting to see what I end up with!