Sign in to follow this  
A_Goodman

[MOC] 6265 Sabre Island Reimagined

2 hours ago, A_Goodman said:

This is my reimagining of the Classic Pirates set 6265 Sabre Island.

Another fine reimagining, Mister Goodman!

You've got the 2009 red bricks combined with 2015 Soldier flags - but are they custom torsos I spy?

image.png

Very nicely built. I like the rock with the different plants and the palm tree. The tower with a battlement at the bottom and at the top is of good architectural style.

Great reimagining of that set! I really like the tree and the vegetation details (both green and brown) among the rocks. Well done! :thumbup:

Can we get a better look at the boat?

And that would make a fine fort for someone were you to post in it the BoBS forum (especially if you replaced those bluecoat soldiers and flags with some other color). :pir-grin: 

21 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Great reimagining of that set! I really like the tree and the vegetation details (both green and brown) among the rocks. Well done! :thumbup:

Can we get a better look at the boat?

And that would make a fine fort for someone were you to post in it the BoBS forum (especially if you replaced those bluecoat soldiers and flags with some other color). :pir-grin: 

Agreed - would love to see this in BoBS! Great build

Very nice recreation of this set👍 

I like how you used the brown bricks to show the exposed clay in the construction of the actual tower. Your sea rocks/shore line cliffs turned out very nice as well.

Again, great work:jollyroger:

On 10/5/2021 at 4:34 PM, Mister Phes said:

but are they custom torsos I spy?

Thank you so much! and they sure are, I always imagined blue coats as french so I though why not haha

On 10/8/2021 at 9:30 AM, Capt Wolf said:

replaced those bluecoat

Thank you! I will definitely get some more photos of the boat when the build makes its way to the BoBS forum and I absolutely agree, I think Green will look much better don't you? hahah

On 10/12/2021 at 6:51 AM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

You have successfully teleported Sabre Island into the year 2021!

I so greatly appreciate it! Im very glad you think it still honors the original set

1 hour ago, A_Goodman said:

Thank you! I will definitely get some more photos of the boat when the build makes its way to the BoBS forum

Looking forward to it!

1 hour ago, A_Goodman said:

I absolutely agree, I think Green will look much better don't you?

Exactly the color I was thinking! :pir-grin:

3 hours ago, A_Goodman said:

Thank you so much! and they sure are, I always imagined blue coats as french so I though why not haha

According to the LEGO History: LEGO Pirates article on LEGO.com, the blue coat are indeed French.

Alongside the Pirates are Governor Broadside’s blue-coated troops whose task it is to fight the Pirates. These forces are based upon the French navy and marines of the colonial era and are known as ‘Imperial Soldiers’ by fans, though they are explicitly identified as ‘Governors’ in some countries.