MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, ArrowBricks said:

75338 or 75343 the rumoured trash compactor quote set? 

AFAIK 75343 isn’t a set number for this year. 
 

75338 is supposed to be $45 USD, and was rumoured to be the Advent Calendar, but there are conflicting reports on that. I’m pretty sure the Trash Compactor is rumoured to be 75339 though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

AFAIK 75343 isn’t a set number for this year. 
 

75338 is supposed to be $45 USD, and was rumoured to be the Advent Calendar, but there are conflicting reports on that. I’m pretty sure the Trash Compactor is rumoured to be 75339 though. 

Sorry I’ve had a stinker, I meant 75342. 75340 is the AC. 
 

75343 exists because it’s the number of the Dark Trooper helmet.

Edited by ArrowBricks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Presumably “Do or do not, there is no try” and either “One thing’s for sure, we’re all about to be a lot thinner” or “What an incredible smell you’ve discovered!” will be the quotes for Dagobah and the Trash Compacter respectively.
 

Both sets come out in May correct?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

75338 or 75343 the rumoured trash compactor quote set? 

Dagobah set is 80€ with a 20x50 baseplate.

Trash Compactor has a 20x20 baseplate. So 75338, a 90€ set, definitely ain't it. 75342 seems very likely. A 40€ price fits it perfectly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Dagobah set is 80€ with a 20x50 baseplate.

Trash Compactor has a 20x20 baseplate. So 75338, a 90€ set, definitely ain't it. 75342 seems very likely. A 40€ price fits it perfectly.

Yeah I meant 75342. Cheers, I agree. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The JP T-rex set has an 18x50 baseplate, so that's pretty close to the same footprint as the Dagobah set.  If the Dagobah set is as good as the JP set, I can't wait to see it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Totally agree — if the Star Wars vignettes come anywhere close to how good the JP T. Rex Breakout is, I’ll be extremely happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, icm said:

The JP T-rex set has an 18x50 baseplate, so that's pretty close to the same footprint as the Dagobah set.  If the Dagobah set is as good as the JP set, I can't wait to see it!

My guess is that it'll be Yoda's hut on one side of the baseplate with some trees/foliage above/behind it, and then on the other side, a build of the swamp with part of the X-Wing sticking out of it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

My guess is that it'll be Yoda's hut on one side of the baseplate with some trees/foliage above/behind it, and then on the other side, a build of the swamp with part of the X-Wing sticking out of it.  

It was already described months ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just seen a phase 2 Cody on insta. Looks fairly legit but I’m skeptical of any blurry images :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

New minifigures for (probably) Star Wars just leaked.

I have no idea what these are. 

One is just The Rise of Skywalker Finn. If that means we’re getting another Rise of Skywalker set I’d be ecstatic, but it very well could just be the old figure. I’m not sure about the other character. Maybe it’s a background alien, maybe from another theme. 
 

Edit: The 2nd fig might be from Obi-Wan Kenobi, which would explain why I don’t recognize the design.

5 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Just seen a phase 2 Cody on insta. Looks fairly legit but I’m skeptical of any blurry images :laugh:

That looks like it’s probably a custom meant to look as close as possible to what a Lego one would look like. I’m 99% sure it’s fake.

Edited by QuiggoldsPegLeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Just seen a phase 2 Cody on insta. Looks fairly legit but I’m skeptical of any blurry images :laugh:

for me, the visor is a dead giveaway that this is a fake. There's also apparent a mismatch of print stiles on torso, helmet and legs and rank insignia's missing. I know Lego can be sloppy but I don't think they can be this sloppy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Yeah, that figure is from Lightyear.

I was hoping we'd hear something about an Obi-Wan Kenobi set...

Doubt we will get one maybe until September, this type of thing is exactly why. Not worth the risk. 

Just a little thought on my behalf too here. Do we reckon the small command station in the minifig pack can be stored in the Gunship? That’s like 30-50 pieces removed by not needing a speeder 

Edited by ArrowBricks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2022 at 9:45 PM, Stuartn said:

Just as I predicted: commander Cody is splattered over pictures of the ATTE rumour on IG. . . I can’t wait for this to start up again 

"Its like poetry, it rhymes" - George Lucas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

New minifigures for (probably) Star Wars just leaked.

I have no idea what these are. 

I mean, the droid (which as it turns out is from Lightyear, not star wars) was a bit hard to recognize, but Finn? It's just Finn. Not sure why he's there, though. Might be a TROS set coming, he might just be there for reference or something.

2 hours ago, Whovastron said:

Just seen a phase 2 Cody on insta. Looks fairly legit but I’m skeptical of any blurry images :laugh:

It's a high quality fake. My guess is someone used pad printing or decals to get the orange bits on the clone private torso from the new accesory pack, then used a clearly fake helmet. Lego's not going to make a helmet QUITE that oversized, and they aren't going to miss the rank insignia on the printing if they were to make one of these figures. 

59 minutes ago, ForgedInLego said:

"Its like poetry, it rhymes" - George Lucas

"Jar Jar is the key to everything"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I mean, the droid (which as it turns out is from Lightyear, not star wars) was a bit hard to recognize, but Finn? It's just Finn. Not sure why he's there, though. Might be a TROS set coming, he might just be there for reference or something.

For whatever reason there's been some figure leaks this year where there's random, completely unrelated figures in the pictures.  When the Quarren figure leaked earlier this year, there was also a 2015 Pirates minifigure off to the side.  The manner in which pictures leak continues to perplex me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2022 at 1:04 PM, The Stud said:

Presumably “Do or do not, there is no try” and either “One thing’s for sure, we’re all about to be a lot thinner” or “What an incredible smell you’ve discovered!” will be the quotes for Dagobah and the Trash Compacter respectively.
 

Both sets come out in May correct?

To my knowledge, the three quotes sets should be releasing in May (Trench, Dagobah, and Trash Compactor). 

And if I remember correctly, "One thing's for sure, we're all about to be a lot thinner" is the final quote for that set. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The latest pictures of the palace (leaked from Amazon) look good.

I think it’s a definite buy for me.

I’m just hoping there’s a way to expand on the set - like they did with the last palace and Rancor sets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lomis said:

The latest pictures of the palace (leaked from Amazon) look good.

I think it’s a definite buy for me.

I’m just hoping there’s a way to expand on the set - like they did with the last palace and Rancor sets. 

I'm definitely impressed with the new pictures. They seem to have kept a good depiction of the outside (even without the dome and with the tower being a bit shorter).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, lomis said:

The latest pictures of the palace (leaked from Amazon) look good.

I think it’s a definite buy for me.

I’m just hoping there’s a way to expand on the set - like they did with the last palace and Rancor sets. 

Yeah the new pictures make it look even better. I'm excited to pick this set up. I 100% agree, I hope they plan to expand it. Like I've said before, they could easily make a $20 set of the Bacta tank room that can connect on top of the throne room as the roof appears designed in such a way to allow for this possibility.

I missed out on the last Jabba's palace though I thankfully have the Rancor pit so I'm really looking forward to getting Boba's bigger and better version.

Edited by ToaDraco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.