MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

33 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Fennec's helmet says hello.

Touché :tongue: It'd still be weird to keep something like that exclusive to a buildable figure though

Me in 2020, when someone hoards all of the 501st battle packs 

"I can bring you in warm, or I can bring you in cold"- The Mandalorian

:yoda::vader:

Hopefully Lego continues to make Star Wars battle packs for a long time

The Luke and Dark Trooper set looks pretty good

Edited by Flaming Bricks

53 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Fennec's helmet says hello.

Well Fennec is a major character who’s bound to show up more in both the Bad Batch and Mandalorian/Book of Boba Fett, so it’s hardly the same. We’re definitely getting her helmet in Lego again. And like Brickbob Studpants said, it would be weird for a new character mould to be exclusive to a buildable figure.

You know how we made a 501st battle pack happen?

Let's make a Grogu battle pack

His cuteness can kill any evil sith lord or cruel bounty hunter in the galaxy!

5 minutes ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

Well Fennec is a major character who’s bound to show up more in both the Bad Batch and Mandalorian/Book of Boba Fett, so it’s hardly the same. We’re definitely getting her helmet in Lego again. And like Brickbob Studpants said, it would be weird for a new character mould to be exclusive to a buildable figure.

What are you guys talking about? A buildable Fennec Shand helmet?

What's next, a buildable Cad Bane helmet? You could turn around and use that for Indiana Jones

3 hours ago, Redroe said:

Pretty sure brickfanatics just updated their Retiring Set 2022 list to include it and posted it as a headline. And though its popular, it has been sat at discount in several UK sellers for a good long time.

Interesting, that seems early but does make another version more plausible.

25 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Any idea which movie that Jedi Starfigher is from?

The Promobricks article mentions Episode II, not sure if they’re confirming that or speculating, though.  I think Obi-Wan’s does make the most sense, though, as we’ve only gotten his Ep II fighter twice, and the last two Jedi fighters (both Delta and Eta class) were both Anakin’s.

1 minute ago, Kit Figsto said:

The Promobricks article mentions Episode II, not sure if they’re confirming that or speculating, though.  I think Obi-Wan’s does make the most sense, though, as we’ve only gotten his Ep II fighter twice, and the last two Jedi fighters (both Delta and Eta class) were both Anakin’s.

Okay, thanks for the small info on Jedi Starfighter. it only grabbed my attention since I have been waiting for Obi-WAN’s starfighter from Epi II and I’m hoping it would be that one. Obi-Wan is my favorite character. I still ahve the original (first) starfighter somewhere. 

30 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Considering that it includes Taun We, a Kaminoean, it's hard to see it being anything other than AoTC Obi-Wan Jedi Interceptor. 

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I‘m talking about the minifig-scale one that’s rumoured to be included. They surely wouldn‘t create a new mould just for this set, if there‘s another one they could easily insert it too, right? :laugh:

The source said they didn't know if it was brick-built or a new mold...and there've definately been times that a new mold is exclusive to one set. If anything, a molded BD-1 would be more indicative of 

Spoiler

future fallen order sets than anything TBoBF, I can't imagine they would have given BD droid info to TLG far enough ahead of time for them to design a new set off it's inclusion. It's possible they'll retroactivly put one into a future set, but I don't think they would have done this with TBoBF in mind.

I'd love to be wrong, but I don't think it's indicative of a BD mold appearing in a set based on another medium besides fallen order.

14 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

The rumor is that it's Obi-Wan's delta 7 with a kaminoan.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Considering that it includes Taun We, a Kaminoean, it's hard to see it being anything other than AoTC Obi-Wan Jedi Interceptor. 

Gotcha, thanks. :)

1 hour ago, Flaming Bricks said:

You know how we made a 501st battle pack happen?

Let's make a Grogu battle pack

His cuteness can kill any evil sith lord or cruel bounty hunter in the galaxy!

What are you guys talking about? A buildable Fennec Shand helmet?

What's next, a buildable Cad Bane helmet? You could turn around and use that for Indiana Jones

No, it’s about the fallen order droid figure in the statue set

11 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

No way is the 408 piece set Jango’s Slave One. Boba’s has 593 pieces. Misinformation and awful speculation all over the place! 

Yeah I straight up ignored that one, there's no way that would be the case unless it was a 4+ set. The shrunken. Boba's version could barely fit him in it and there's no way they're going to give is Jango's and not be able to fit kid Boba in it too and the fact that this set will have fewer pieces than even the tiny Firespray, forget it. I do hope we get Jango's Slave I soon though but I'm hoping for something more along the lines of the anniversary Slave I.

Just as I predicted: commander Cody is splattered over pictures of the ATTE rumour on IG. . . I can’t wait for this to start up again 

14 minutes ago, Stuartn said:

Just as I predicted: commander Cody is splattered over pictures of the ATTE rumour on IG. . . I can’t wait for this to start up again 

Fantastic. Now we just have to wait for the inevitable melt downs and rants when it doesn't happen. 

19 minutes ago, Stuartn said:

Great... I feel like someone needs to remind people that Cody wasn't really in Episode II... That seems to be quickly forgotten.

1 hour ago, Stuartn said:

Great...

Now, because Instagram "leakers" feel the need to speculate on this (when the set is, like, 90% going to be AOTC instead of TCW), there will be a huge overreaction on the internet because nobody makes it clear what's clickbait speculation and what's actual rumors.

3 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

Great...

Now, because Instagram "leakers" feel the need to speculate on this (when the set is, like, 90% going to be AOTC instead of TCW), there will be a huge overreaction on the internet because nobody makes it clear what's clickbait speculation and what's actual rumors.

Yep. Expectations will be warped to an unrealistic state and then when Cody is inevitably absent from this wave, the scorn will be rampant. Not that he couldn't be included in some set we don't know about, but I have zero expectation to see him this summer at this point.

2 hours ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Great... I feel like someone needs to remind people that Cody wasn't really in Episode II... That seems to be quickly forgotten.

Yep, ponds and Rex are the only named commanders that we know of that was there I believe 

Edited by Displayedaction

7 hours ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Given that we are seeing the Jurassic Park Quotes set tomorrow, how likely do y'all think it will be that we see the Star Wars ones soon?

Jurassic World: Dominion just started its marketing campaign, so it's understandable they are revealing the sets.

Star Wars ones have nothing to do with it.

Lego will probably make an inaccurate looking Commander Cody buildable helmet before they make the actual minifigure.  

Or they put him in a $500 set :laugh_hard:

1 hour ago, ArrowBricks said:

75338 or 75343 the rumoured trash compactor quote set? 

AFAIK 75343 isn’t a set number for this year. 

75338 is supposed to be $45 USD, and was rumoured to be the Advent Calendar, but there are conflicting reports on that. I’m pretty sure the Trash Compactor is rumoured to be 75339 though.