MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

This list is getting too good to be true. They're doing a niche set idea on a game they've refused to touch, we're getting an AT-TE and Cad Bane's ship, and we're getting a Kaminoan in a cheap 30$ set? 

1 minute ago, Flaming Bricks said:

I usually trust what PromoBricks says ever since I've been reading their yearly set descriptions, they usually all come true. I hope they're not wrong this time, because the wave of SW sets sounds promising. Has PromoBricks ever been wrong about something before? I thought they've always had a strong track record :yoda:

I have no idea if they have ever been wrong but mistakes happen. I'm being cautiously optimistic, I've been burned by hype far too many times in my life :laugh: I'll believe it when I see it

Boba Fett's Palace looks er...

.... OK. It was going to be a no brainer because my love of Jabba stuff is well documented, but now i'm not sure. Tessek looks ace, and I need a Fennec but Rystall is a bit of a disappointment (I'm already eyeing up dark red torsos on BL) and the Gamorrean looks, from the grainy image, to be identical to the older ones rather than bare chested like the BoBF duo.

I like how nostalgic it appears for the 2012 Palace though. Some nice detail in there too.

Remember when I said that another Jedi Syarfighter sounds boring? Scratch that. It sounds amazing now with out first Kaminoean minifigure!

Man, LEGO is really acknowledging AoTC this year, and I love it. Even tho it's my least favourite Star Wars movie, I love most of the designs in this movie, especially Kamino.

There's also so many sets left! They didn't even tell us about half of them. I really need Obi-Wan Kenobi and Andor ones. I also hope we'll get Jango's Slave I.

4 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

. I also hope we'll get Jango's Slave I.

Amen brother.

14 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Remember when I said that another Jedi Syarfighter sounds boring? Scratch that. It sounds amazing now with out first Kaminoean minifigure!

Man, LEGO is really acknowledging AoTC this year, and I love it. Even tho it's my least favourite Star Wars movie, I love most of the designs in this movie, especially Kamino.

There's also so many sets left! They didn't even tell us about half of them. I really need Obi-Wan Kenobi and Andor ones. I also hope we'll get Jango's Slave I.

Same, I agree with like everything you say here. AOTC is easily my least favorite Star Wars movie but it is also the Star Wars movie I have the least sets for. Come to think of it, the only AOTC sets I actually own are three of the 2018 Jedi/Clone Battle Pack and the 2017 starfighter with hyperdrive (plus the 2013 Padme figure I have from Bricklink as well as those three new Clone Command Stations I have on backorder). It'll be nice to bolster that part of my Lego Star Wars collection, especially if we are getting a new AT-TE and Gunship. Those 2013 versions are some of my white whales and came out before I became a Star Wars fan. 

Also, I'd prefer a new Bounty Hunter Pursuit over another Slave One/Firespray. (A recolored version could be cool but I was already hesitant to get the 2021 version since I own the UCS. I don't know if I need three versions of this ship.) If we're getting Obi-Wan's Starfighter anyway, Lego could just omit him here and throw in Jango if they want to have all the main characters from the film available.

Edited by The Stud

It would be cool to get Jango Fett's version of the Slave l, but Lego would never be able to call it Jango's Slave l. Maybe they could call it Jango's Starship instead, just like what they did with Boba's ship recently. Lego and Disney wouldn't want the term "slave" used in their products, it makes sense. If that is the case that we get Jango's ship, could we get a young Boba Fett minifigure or a Kaminoan? 

12 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I also hope we'll get Jango's Slave I.

Agreed, maybe 75334? The only problem is whether you will be able to fit both Boba and Jango in a "starship" sized Slave 1

2 hours ago, TBD said:

Btw has that brown alien (Nikto or Weequay?) actually been mentioned in any of the rumors so far? I’ve seen 2 G guards rumored mostly instead.

Yeah, a month or two ago the rumor changed from the other figs being 2 pigs and 2 hunters to a pig, weequay, dancer, and squidguy. I think it was when the squid and dancer figures leaked online.

BoBF finale was alright, but it's got a great set that can be made from it. You know the one.

As for the rumored sets:

Starfighter for $30 is rough if it's a delta-7, kaminoan figure nonwithstanding.

I'm very happy there's a new AT-TE and it's $100 if true. I'll probably get this. EDIT: Forgot about BD-1, that's an S-TIER set and I'm 100% getting it, so we'll see if the AT-TE is good enough to warrant getting a second big set. Even if the BD-1 set has no figures, as long as the build is solid, it'll be an incredible set.

Cad bane's ship is...an interesting choice. To have a set based off a ship from bad batch, with not too much screen time, and one that really doesn't need to be that big (I mean seriously, this could have been $80) is rough. Who would it even have? Bane, Todo, Omega, and Fennec? For $160 they're gonna need more figures than that.

I almost wonder if promobricks got fed bad info from someone, maybe became victims of that new leak-stopper lego hired. Cad bane's ship is just such an odd choice that goes against what lego tends to do (being from an animated series, which lego tries to be VERY cautious about), and why do we know there's a kaminoan in the delta, but nothing about any of the other figures in any set? That seems suspicious.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

This list does sound a bit too good to be true, but the 2021 list also did and it turned out pretty great.  So I'll be cautiously optimistic about it because it's from Promobricks - but I'll put extra salt on my lunch just in case.

Really happy with this list so far! Cad Bane’s ship is definitely based on the Bad Batch, it’s fantastic that Lego is willing to assign a flagship set based on an animated show again.

We have to be getting at least 1 Kenobi (show) set surely? I can understand Lego passing on Andor this year as it airs quite late in the year, but there has to be at least one set for Kenobi I would think.

Amazing that there are still quite a few sets we don’t know about  :excited: The fact that BD-1 comes with a moulded mini figure has to mean more Jedi: Fallen Order sets are on the cards.

17 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Yeah, a month or two ago the rumor changed from the other figs being 2 pigs and 2 hunters to a pig, weequay, dancer, and squidguy. I think it was when the squid and dancer figures leaked online.

(Fuzzy) pics are up!

I can't tell if it's a Nikto though. I hope so. As a non-CW Nikto is loooong overdue.

10 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I almost wonder if promobricks got fed bad info from someone, maybe became victims of that new leak-stopper lego hired. Cad bane's ship is just such an odd choice that goes against what lego tends to do (being from an animated series, which lego tries to be VERY cautious about), and why do we know there's a kaminoan in the delta, but nothing about any of the other figures in any set? That seems suspicious.

LEGO does throw out some seriously weird ones sometimes. Cad Bane's ship is definitely a more sensible choice than the Bounty Hunter Gunship from TCW or the Wookiee Gunship from Rebels (which they made twice despite it having literally 6 seconds of screentime), although it's also a much larger set than either of those.

I missed out on the last AotC Jedi Starfighter, and if it includes Taun We then that may well be a day one buy. Finally a Kaminoan!

If the AT-TE and gunship predictions turn out to be correct then this could be an expensive summer...

These sets sounds great, though I am surprised at all the AotC sets, my wallet will be very miserable if this wave pans out. I really hope these set rumours are true.

51 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

BoBF finale was alright, but it's got a great set that can be made from it. You know the one.

As for the rumored sets:

Starfighter for $30 is rough if it's a delta-7, kaminoan figure nonwithstanding.

I'm very happy there's a new AT-TE and it's $100 if true. I'll probably get this. EDIT: Forgot about BD-1, that's an S-TIER set and I'm 100% getting it, so we'll see if the AT-TE is good enough to warrant getting a second big set. Even if the BD-1 set has no figures, as long as the build is solid, it'll be an incredible set.

Cad bane's ship is...an interesting choice. To have a set based off a ship from bad batch, with not too much screen time, and one that really doesn't need to be that big (I mean seriously, this could have been $80) is rough. Who would it even have? Bane, Todo, Omega, and Fennec? For $160 they're gonna need more figures than that.

But Cad Bane has more recent relevance than Bad Batch…

Man, this poster alone makes me excited for potential sets. Can't wait to hear about them, and I hope it's sooner than later.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

2 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Man, this poster alone makes me excited for potential sets. Can't wait to hear about them, and I hope it's sooner than later.

An Obi-Wan figure stood in the centre of a 16x16 tan baseplate. I'd buy it.

8 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Well hot damn. :pir-love:

2 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Just thinking out loud here. 

If I was Lego, surely I’d have made a Gunship the $160 and Cad Banes ship like $140. 

Seeing as how the set number/price for the AT-TE is up in the air, I can't help but wonder if the Cad Bane set is listed for the wrong one perhaps. It'd make a lot more sense, especially with how risk averse Lego has been to doing sets for the animated shows since the Rebels underperformed sadly. *sigh*

Promobricks theorized that the $529.99 set could be the Geonosian Arena if Lego keeps to this new 'no exclusive figures in large sets' policy (where's that cheap Snowtrooper Commander?). At the very least, we know TLG reduced costs on the Daily Bugle via releasing many of its minifigures in smaller sets. SO let's take a look at the rumored wave and speculate on which figures could overlap:

Set

MBS Count

MBS Minifigure(s)

Jedi Starfighter

Kenobi (Kaminoan omitted; unlikely for an arena)

Jango's Starship (?)

Jango, Boba

UCS Gunship

Windu (both sets would be expensive but this still makes it 'non-exclusive')

AT-TE

Geonosian, Droid, SBD, Anakin, Padme

Jan. 2023 Duel Set (?)

Yoda vs. Dooku (speculative future set for the theory)

Arena

11+3=14

2nd BD, 2nd SBD, 2nd Geonosian

That's 14 figures. Add-in 2x brick-built Droideka = 16. That could be easily increased by more Separatist goons, Clones (which I omitted), and/or TLG could beef up the appearance of their character lineup on the top of the box by including the creatures. That's without characters from other mystery future sets, too, such as the speculated on Gunship. Poggle, Gunray, and more Jedi would be welcome additions...

I'm not saying this 'proves' anything - Of course, Hoth could be viable based on this method. A Death Star lineup could be assembled at almost any time, any year (outside of Tarkin). Endor could still happen, too, if there's a wave of sets next year (which happens to be the anniversary). I'm just saying that the wave does, indeed, appear to open up a small window of possibility for a MBS Arena without exclusive minifigures. 

The list isn't too good to be true yet, because Promobricks themselves presents over half of it as their own speculation. It quite literally might not be true, and they haven't presented it as true.

Cad Bane's ship is kind of a left field surprise, but then again without new films it makes sense that LEGO is leaning more heavily into what new Star Wars content there is, from the shows. Shame that it's such a random, not very interesting design and unimportant ship that has no reason to be a very large set. And if it is from Bad Batch, and is the only set with Omega... ugh.

People are actually still excited for Obi-Wan after the utter mess that has been the Star Wars shows thus far? At this point I expect half the show to be flashbacks to Obi-Wan's childhood, then insert an episode about Hayden Christensen building his castle on Mustafar and chilling with Palps where Obi-Wan doesn't appear but Palpatine mentions Grogu out of the blue, then a finale episode where Obi-Wan fights a giant sand monster we've never seen before. Fin. Hopefully there are some cool things for sets though.

7 minutes ago, Pedilego said:

Promobricks theorized that the $529.99 set could be the Geonosian Arena if Lego keeps to this new 'no exclusive figures in large sets' policy

Personally, I'd prefer Kamino, and as a Kaminoan fig is confirmed, its at least possible

1 minute ago, ForgedInLego said:

Personally, I'd prefer Kamino, and as a Kaminoan fig is confirmed, its at least possible

Would the Kaminoan be a brand new mold? I'd suspect we'd get other Kamino sets then someday

23 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

People are actually still excited for Obi-Wan after the utter mess that has been the Star Wars shows thus far? At this point I expect half the show to be flashbacks to Obi-Wan's childhood, then insert an episode about Hayden Christensen building his castle on Mustafar and chilling with Palps where Obi-Wan doesn't appear but Palpatine mentions Grogu out of the blue, then a finale episode where Obi-Wan fights a giant sand monster we've never seen before. Fin. Hopefully there are some cool things for sets though.

I mean, TBOBF is the only Star Wars show that I’d consider to be a dud so far, for Disney+ anyway. Both seasons of The Mandalorian were fantastic in my opinion, and aside from Resistance, I’ve really enjoyed all of the animated content in the past couple years. (Though The Bad Batch did take some time to grow on me.)

Also, the showrunner Deborah Chow directed two of what I consider to be the best episodes of The Mandalorian, Chapters 3 and 7, so it’s got that going for it. I’m honestly far more interested in more shows than Lucasfilm doing more movies at this point. Even though I enjoyed Rogue One and Solo, I don’t care about more spin-off films (like what Rogue Squadron seems to be) or any other saga-related stuff that half the fanbase will just end up incessantly hating and complaining about.

Still crossing my fingers that that Inquisitor ship from the concept art will be one of the $100 sets this summer.

Edited by The Stud