MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

That Dark Trooper Attack looks absolutely amazing!
A must have, indeed :wub: 
As @TBD suggested, I might get two, to get more Dark Troopers :sweet: 

Regards,
Mitch

42 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

I'm not going to give my hopes up but man I would LOVE to get another Rancor, especially if it's in a new color. They're by far my favorite Star Wars creatures and its such a shame the LEGO  molds of it were only used once(not counting the recolored hands used for LEGO Batman Movie Killer Croc).

It is. And I have to say as cool as some creatures/animals look - other than big cats and horses - non of the newer animal molds have good articulation. This is very weird, considering that older molds (elephant, monky) had like the maximum articulation.

I think the only thing that could get me invested in the newer sets is indeed a Rancor made from the same pieces as the old one (as it does not look like we'll get new helmets for either of the Mandalorians).

Dark trooper pack: as cool as the corridor and Luke look - it's just crazy how Lego bumped up the prices there and with similar sets. I get some increase due to inflation, bigger parts and how desirable the figs are. But we have gotten battle packs for 15€ with cloth pieces, shoulder attachments and several exclusive new molds at once as well as a similar piece count. Again: more quantity and quality for less than half the price.

Great new Luke figure but I refuse to go so far for this price. This should not be over 20€, maximum 25€ because of larger pieces.

Like with 18+ sets higher prices are fine -  if they'd put new molds, printed arms, dual molding or printed pieces instead of stickers. Like: ok these details cost money in production which are less important for the big market, so a smaller group of fans is willing to pay a bit more for them. But 40% price increase? As the quantity of pieces is not such a great cost factor, at least they could make those kind of sets bigger. Like a bigger trench for the Hoth sets or a bigger build here (the elevator could have used that).

3 hours ago, AD_Bricks said:

I keep rewatching the part of JB’s review of 75324 at the part where he looks at the back of the instructions and covers up most of the palace with his hand and trying to see as much of it as possible, and whenever I watch it I think I see a rancor of the same design as the 2013 (which I am familiar with as I have owned that set for many years) but when I look at it closely in slo-mo it doesn’t look like a rancor. Does anyone see what I mean, or agree or disagree?

I can barely kinda see it but I think a full-on molded Rancor would be too much to dream for in this set. We’re already getting seven minifigs in a $100 set, most of which are new and a lot of which will include new molds. While the reported PPP ratio doesn’t seem particularly great, it just seems like “too good of a value” to have a giant molded Rancor included as well.

I’m still calling that the unknown $60 TBOBF set releasing in June will somehow include a Rancor, whether it be a Rancor Pit that connects to the Palace or some other build.

I’m definitely getting multiples of that Darktrooper set. That Luke is amazing and of course you can’t have too many Darktroopers. What an amazing set, I’m so happy they made this

3 hours ago, manumi said:

Has anyone noticed that in the box art, the dark trooper figures have backwards torsos?

You're absolutely right. At first I thought they had changed the torsos from 75315 : Imperial Light Cruiser. But that doesn't seem to be the case at all.

The Dark Trooper set looks great! And much bigger than expected with only 166 pieces. The price though... Still need to get one of these, but i will wait half a year or so...

Edited by Yperio_Bricks
typo

14 hours ago, The Stud said:

The Final Duel figure would have been okay, though a lot of us are sick of getting that same exact one since 2015. Allow me to put my tinfoil hat on for a second, but I can’t help but wonder if we’re getting a ROTJ set this summer so Lego can reuse this new figure. (Fingers crossed for MBS Endor.)

While I’d love to join your MBS ROTJ tin foil hat theory, Luke’s outfit is slightly different between Return of the Jedi and the Mandalorian, so he required a new print that shouldn’t be used in any ROTJ sets. (In the start or ROTJ he has the grey Jedi Robe looking overshirt and no belt buckle, in the end of ROTJ he had a black belt buckle, and in the Mandalorian he has a silver belt buckle and a more Jedi-robe looking shirt.) Granted it looks like Lego has used silver as the colour of his belt buckle in the past, so they could re-use this torso for a late-ROTJ set despite its inaccuracies in both buckle colour and shirt style. They definitely wouldn’t re-use the pants though, since Luke never wears a black cloak in ROTJ, only a brown one at Jabba’s Palace. 

Edited by QuiggoldsPegLeg

Looking at the pictures the Dark Troopers do seem to be identical to the Imperial Cruiser version. I was worried they'd use printed armor instead of the neck piece or something else to differentiate the figures like they did with the Praetorian Guards battle pack. But that doesn't seem to be the case.

For those concerned about the price, I'm sure Lego is thinking if people are willing to pay $30 for 1 Dark Trooper on Bricklink then they'll have no problem paying $30 for 3. Oh, and you get a bonus 150 pieces to go with them! That doesn't justify the high price. But it's enough to get me to go buy multiples of this set.

2 hours ago, lomis said:

Estás absolutamente en lo correcto. Al principio pensé que habían cambiado los torsos del 75315: Imperial Light Cruiser . Pero ese no parece ser el caso en absoluto.

Check the part codes in the video instructions, and the codes correspond exactly to the existing ones, so it is completely the same minifigure. The second hand market this month will be burning trying to sell dark trooper for 15 or 20€ :-))))

The Darktrooper set is certainly my favorite Star Wars set of the year thus far, I don't even like the scene that much but the set itself looks great. As others have noted, the price is pretty terrible, but it's cheap enough that I won't feel too ripped off if I just buy one or two. Plus it'll definitely go on sale sooner or later, and once it's 20% off I think the value will be there for sure.

3 hours ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

While I’d love to join your MBS ROTJ tin foil hat theory, Luke’s outfit is slightly different between Return of the Jedi and the Mandalorian, so he required a new print that shouldn’t be used in any ROTJ sets. (In the start or ROTJ he has the grey Jedi Robe looking overshirt and no belt buckle, in the end of ROTJ he had a black belt buckle, and in the Mandalorian he has a silver belt buckle and a more Jedi-robe looking shirt.) Granted it looks like Lego has used silver as the colour of his belt buckle in the past, so they could re-use this torso for a late-ROTJ set despite its inaccuracies in both buckle colour and shirt style. They definitely wouldn’t re-use the pants though, since Luke never wears a black cloak in ROTJ, only a brown one at Jabba’s Palace. 

2010s Lego Star Wars would care about this difference, but 2020's Lego Star Wars just released an 800$ set with Luke in the wrong jumpsuit and a 350$ set with a Phase 1 clone with Phase 2 printing sooooo.

The Dark Trooper Attack look excellent! Yes, it is pricy, but I really like the diorama with the corridor and elevator. It’s so generic that it can be reused with other characters to make different scenes. Moreover, if you buy multiples of this set, you can easily make a longer corridor, an ISD hangar, etc.

A YouTuber called Brickwolf who reviewed the dark trooper attack early said (as a reply to a comment asking him to show the palace in the back of the instructions) that it looked great and he would be able to show the palace in 15 days. Correct me if I’m wrong but I think that’s the day that the last BOBF ep comes out, however I might be wrong cuz of timezones. Anyway, reveal date confirmed!!!

Edited by AD_Bricks

So all these German guys have Dark trooper sets that they are showing that is not yet revealed by Lego but they have to wait for permission to show the back of the manual? This is next level sausage brick teasing from these fellas :laugh:

16 minutes ago, AD_Bricks said:

A YouTuber called Brickwolf who reviewed the dark trooper attack early said (as a reply to a comment asking him to show the palace in the back of the instructions) that it looked great and he would be able to show the palace in 15 days. Correct me if I’m wrong but I think that’s the day that the last BOBF ep comes out, however I might be wrong cuz of timezones. Anyway, reveal date confirmed!!!

I think its a week after the final episode. Its a 7 episode series and ep. 6 releases tomorrow

8 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’m definitely getting multiples of that Darktrooper set. That Luke is amazing and of course you can’t have too many Darktroopers. What an amazing set, I’m so happy they made this

I know, it's so cool! I'm getting one for sure, maybe 2. This was the best moment I experienced "live" for SW so to speak (I'm too young to have seen the OT and PT in theatres). It's such a great scene, and I think it's represented very well. 

Yeah I actually can't believe it hasn't leaked by now, but then again LEGO does come down very hard on LAN members that leak, and if they've only sent the set to German ones then it would be a narrower pool to look through for a culprit if a leak did occur.

Then again, it's also ridiculous they haven't just revealed the set given it should be based on something everyone has seen!

3 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Yeah I actually can't believe it hasn't leaked by now, but then again LEGO does come down very hard on LAN members that leak, and if they've only sent the set to German ones then it would be a narrower pool to look through for a culprit if a leak did occur.

Then again, it's also ridiculous they haven't just revealed the set given it should be based on something everyone has seen!

LEGO seems to always do this, the most hyped sets get revealed last it seems...of course, there is some personal opinion baked in there. 

9 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Looking at the pictures the Dark Troopers do seem to be identical to the Imperial Cruiser version

There seems to be a difference in the belt printing on the torso. The cruiser version has compartments on the belt while the new one has a plain black band. A grille is also visible on the first while it is left out on the second. Its unfortunate especially if you already had the cruiser version.

Australian pricing has the Dark Trooper set at $49.99...... Previous US $30 sets sold here for $45. That's adding insult to injury. I get that the set was never going to be US $20 - it has similar part counts to the duel sets but two more figures - but an extra $10 price hike is rough. Lego really needs a price point between $20 and $30 for sets of this size. And to whoever sets the Australian prices - tell 'em they're dreaming.

37 minutes ago, Stuartn said:

There seems to be a difference in the belt printing on the torso. The cruiser version has compartments on the belt while the new one has a plain black band. A grille is also visible on the first while it is left out on the second. Its unfortunate especially if you already had the cruiser version.

The box art and promo pics have a mistake where the torsos are backwards, but the actual production figs are correct, like the ones in JB Spielwaren's video. They are identical to the light cruiser fig.

6 minutes ago, MaximillianRebo said:

Australian pricing has the Dark Trooper set at $49.99...... Previous US $30 sets sold here for $45. That's adding insult to injury. I get that the set was never going to be US $20 - it has similar part counts to the duel sets but two more figures - but an extra $10 price hike is rough. Lego really needs a price point between $20 and $30 for sets of this size. And to whoever sets the Australian prices - tell 'em they're dreaming.

I definitely agree Lego needs to have $25 USD sets, especially with the price hike for Battle Packs.

And this is probably due to inflation, but if you compare this to the 501st Troopers set (also $30 US) there’s no contest to which one provides the better value. Both have 4 minifigs, while the 501st set has 2 battle droids and 1.7 times as many pieces. Granted many pieces are small, but the 501st builds are clearly better value for your money.

3 hours ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

LEGO seems to always do this, the most hyped sets get revealed last it seems...of course, there is some personal opinion baked in there. 

Well, this Dark Trooper set is pretty hyped, and it's not dead last!

17 minutes ago, MaximillianRebo said:

Damn. Some of the retailers like Kmart that set prices below RRP will have it for less though, but now this means that even at those ones it probably won't be below $45 or $40.

LEGO did used to do $25 in the Star Wars line, but maybe that was as long as 10 years ago now.

59 minutes ago, MaximillianRebo said:

Well that just made my Lego day worse. 50 dollars for 160 pieces!! That's 31c a piece. They're not dreaming, they're delusional (though I appreciate the Castle reference).

39 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Damn. Some of the retailers like Kmart that set prices below RRP will have it for less though, but now this means that even at those ones it probably won't be below $45 or $40.

The Lego City Fun at the Beach is $49.99, but is $39.99 at Kmart, same goes for some Mario sets too, hopefully the Dark Trooper set follows this pattern. $10 more than Americans isn't too insulting.

Edited by Stuartn