MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

4 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

Honestly, I think the snowtrooper is one of the best figures they've ever had in a foil pack. With exactly one exception (Bespin Luke), the foil packs have always been battle pack troopers or cheap, common versions of main characters. The snowtrooper is at least one that there's a huge demand for right now as people try to fill out their AT-ATs.

But there's already a perfect battle pack out there for getting the new snowtrooper, so it takes away the chance to feature a new build. Personally I prefer the old snowtrooper style although it might not fit as well in the AT-AT because of the integrated backpack. 

1 hour ago, 1340cc said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Could Din Djarin's hotrodded Naboo N1 starfighter be one of the rumoured sets? $50US 75334 or $40US 75342?

I’d say it’s a safe bet.

Spoiler

The only other set idea I had would be a duel with Viszla along a walkway. An N-1 with Din, a few droids and Pelli Motto should be likely though.

Still no accessory packs for Australia. The odds of getting one could be 725 to 1.

2 hours ago, AD_Bricks said:

I was literally just gonna say that, lol. I do hope so! Debating with myself about whether to go out and buy myself an old version of the spoiler as I don’t have one yet, or wait to see if one of these sets is one. What do you guys think?

I'm going to wait personally. It has to show up at some point. In fact, I'd say it's pretty much inevitable. It's just a matter of when. 

Even tho I really disliked this episode, I am in love with this starship.

Can't wait to see what the 70€ June set is, and if we'll get more TBoBF sets this year other than that one.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Even tho I really disliked this episode, I am in love with this starship.

Can't wait to see what the 70€ June set is, and if we'll get more TBoBF sets this year other than that one.

Spoiler

Can I ask why you disliked it exactly? I thought it was easily the best episode from TBOBF (even though there was no Boba) and gave us important world-building and reintroduced arguably the most popular SW character in this era of SW. Also it sets up a bounty hunter V. Pike syndicate finale really well. Also, the episode gave us a bunch of new set ideas that Lego hopefully jumps on.

7 hours ago, AD_Bricks said:

I was literally just gonna say that, lol. I do hope so! Debating with myself about whether to go out and buy myself an old version of the spoiler as I don’t have one yet, or wait to see if one of these sets is one. What do you guys think?

Spoiler

I'd say do it, if they're not too expensive, I have the 2011 model and it's one of the sets that I have on almost permanent display (although I am a TPM apologist).

Speaking of which - wow, there was a lot of references to that film (alongside a lot of other SW content)! Cool episode, but I doubt Din's new N1 (N2?) would be one of the BoBF sets. Unless it came with Boba and/or Fennec, I doubt there'd be anything to tell it apart from just another Mandalorian set. That said it could be one of the unknown ones, but I'd rather have another standard N1 at this point.

I don't think it's very likely likely that sets based on anything spoilery from this episode will be coming in the next wave. That isn't how they've ever operated; they're super conservative about what goes into production ahead of releases. That ship is certainly a strong candidate for a set, but there'll be a couple of months of lag time at least.

Keep in mind, after literally every new episode someone has ventured it could contain the inspiration for our still unknown BOBF set. Maybe it's from this episode, or maybe it's from one still to come.

I think we'll definitely get the N-1 at some point, but I feel it's more likely going to be a Mando S3 set.  At that point, it'll no longer be a spoiler (since I assume the show isn't coming until the fall?) and they could either do it as a Force Friday release in the fall or hold it until next winter's wave.

Spoiler

i can see the n-1 possibly coming soon. I had heard multiple rumors that he was gonna be piloting it, so toys already being in production doesn’t snt seem like the most unlikely thing. I would love for it to include a BD unit as it doesn’t nt seem like we will be getting any fallen order sets any time soon. Peli, pit droids, treadwell, r5, and maybe some jawas could also appear ear. I could also see a little side build of her spaceport

What I want the most out of this episode is

a BD unit 

:wub: After they skipped Fallen Order, I thought we wouldn't get another opportunity anytime soon, and now here we are...

Just do it, you cowards!! I need an army of them :grin_wub:

8 hours ago, Paul11283652 said:

Still no accessory packs for Australia. The odds of getting one could be 725 to 1.

They were in the authorized stores last week, but limited to 1 per customer so I didn't bother. Gave up and ordered a few of the rebel packs from Bricklink. Not proud of myself for paying a markup, but I need rebels for the hoth battle scene I am building around my UCS AT-AT. At least that seller did have some other minifigs I wanted at pretty good prices.

4 hours ago, kidtheboss611 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Can I ask why you disliked it exactly? I thought it was easily the best episode from TBOBF (even though there was no Boba) and gave us important world-building and reintroduced arguably the most popular SW character in this era of SW. Also it sets up a bounty hunter V. Pike syndicate finale really well. Also, the episode gave us a bunch of new set ideas that Lego hopefully jumps on.

The episode itself was great. I really loved what they did, especially all the starship scenes. The only moment I disliked was Mando talking about making amends for removing his helmet, that contradicted his whole journey in Season 2.

The thing is, it doesn't belong in The Book of Boba Fett. Not only doesn't it add anything to the story, but also the climate is completely different from what we've seen so far. It's literally just a The Mandalorian episode. It could've easily been the first episode of Mando Season 3. The series has been so closely focused on Boba himself, and he didn't even appear in the episode. This series has only 7 of them, so it's even more frustrating. 

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

What I want the most out of this episode is

Reveal hidden contents

a BD unit 

:wub: After they skipped Fallen Order, I thought we wouldn't get another opportunity anytime soon, and now here we are...

Just do it, you cowards!! I need an army of them :grin_wub:

YESSS! Exactly what I thought too!

Hopefully we get sets for the announced next Star Wars Jedi video game. I still need that Cal.

I think they misjudged the quality and content of Fallen Order and by the time they realised how popular it was, it was too late to Plan and design a line. I get a sense from the EA announcement that the Jedi series may have a totally different setting and cast, they didn’t stay fallen order series.

if they do go back to cal, bd1 and crew then I’m pretty sure this time around we can expect at least a official stinger mantis set.

as for the latest episode. Loved every second. I don’t know how to do spoiler tags on my mobile but did anyone catch the name of the ...?

Edited by LDigital

39 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Hide contents

The episode itself was great. I really loved what they did, especially all the starship scenes. The only moment I disliked was Mando talking about making amends for removing his helmet, that contradicted his whole journey in Season 2.

The thing is, it doesn't belong in The Book of Boba Fett. Not only doesn't it add anything to the story, but also the climate is completely different from what we've seen so far. It's literally just a The Mandalorian episode. It could've easily been the first episode of Mando Season 3. The series has been so closely focused on Boba himself, and he didn't even appear in the episode. This series has only 7 of them, so it's even more frustrating. 

The way I see it, Din is kinda lost with Grogu, and doesn’t really have much of a stake in Bo-Katan’s mission, so he went back to his comfort zone (his covert) and their doctrine. The changing of his world view from Season Two of The Mandalorian hasn’t completely set in just yet.

I believe this Boba Fett show was originally just six episodes anyway, so I don’t really mind getting what is essentially an extra, early episode from Mando Season 3 here; though I do hope the next two episodes are Boba/Fennec-centric.

This was definitely my favorite episode of The Book of Boba Fett so far and up there with some of my favorite Mandalorian episodes. It didn’t do a ton of favors for the overarching storyline of this particular series, however, but I honestly don’t really mind.

As for possible Lego set discussion, I’m still expecting some sort of Rancor based set for the $70 TBOBF slot in June.

I’m expecting Din Djarin’s N-1 Starfighter to be a set that coincides with Mando Season 3. Maybe in January 2023?

Also, the desirability of the Armorer’s Forge set has probably grown even more after this episode lol. I’m still a little ticked that the Armorer’s actress posted a very spoilery image before I could watch the episode though.

I’m also hoping for a Lego Mantis with the Fallen Order sequel/spin-off news. It’s the one major Star Wars property not to have gotten any Lego sets in the last couple years and I really loved the first game. Fingers crossed that it’s the $160 set this summer, though I really doubt it. Maybe next year…

Edited by The Stud

Spoiler

Cool ship but the thing is.. I think it's a poor replacement both for the show and as a Lego toy. Firstly: where the heck would you put anything? Like this thing doesn't even fit more than 2 backpacks I think not to mention any bounty or whatever :pir_laugh2:.

But yeah it is a sure Lego set for future waves: just unfortunately the Naboo starfighters were never well executed in Lego form. The silver aspect aside; some areas are just too thin for a stable Lego playset. For what they can do I think designers even did the best possible.

12 hours ago, AD_Bricks said:

Spoiler

I'd hold off. You'd have to replace most of the yellow parts and make some other mods, to the point that buying the original set wouldn't even be all that helpful. And you never know, maybe they'll surprise us and the set, whenever it shows up, ends up having some metallic silver or even chrome parts.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

12 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:
  Hide contents

Cool ship but the thing is.. I think it's a poor replacement both for the show and as a Lego toy. Firstly: where the heck would you put anything? Like this thing doesn't even fit more than 2 backpacks I think not to mention any bounty or whatever :pir_laugh2:

It not being able to fit any bounties is the entire point: Din only returned to bounty hunting because Grogu was his moral compass and now that he's gone, he falls back into old habits. It's all he ever knew after all. The astromech pit is obviously designed to hold a certain foundling 

:grin: 

Pretty sure Mando S3 will be about him accepting the duties that come with the darksaber and becoming Mand'alor, mirroring Boba's rise from bounty hunter to leader. 

12 hours ago, Paul11283652 said:

I’d say it’s a safe bet.

Hide contents

The only other set idea I had would be a duel with Viszla along a walkway. An N-1 with Din, a few droids and Pelli Motto should be likely though.

The accessory packs are in the physical stores here, just not out on LSAH. I got myself a clone one from my local store as soon as I could. 

5 hours ago, The Stud said:

though I really doubt it. Maybe next year…

Come on, let's keep a little optimism here.

"

Every LEGO Star Wars set confirmed and rumoured for 2022

The new year is almost upon us, so here’s an updated list of every LEGO Star Wars set confirmed and rumoured for release in 2022.

We already know a few of the LEGO Star Wars sets coming to shelves from a galaxy far, far away (well, Billund) in January, but plenty of rumours are already going around about sets launching throughout the rest of 2022 – all the way up to summer.

Adding to the two Hoth sets, two accessory packs and one Mandalorian Microfighter coming our way next month are reportedly another wave of LEGO Star Wars helmets, more 18+ display sets, a brand new Ultimate Collector Series model and at least two sets based on The Book of Boba Fett.

Here’s everything we know about LEGO Star Wars in 2022 so far…

The list of confirmed LEGO Star Wars sets for 2022 includes the return of the battle pack in two different formats – as a regular set (with a price bump), and as a blister pack. We’re also getting a brand new variant of the AT-ST, the 150th BrickHeadz and another Microfighter. Three of these sets will sit very nicely with the newly-released 75313 AT-AT for an ultimate Hoth diorama, if your budget stretches that far…

A total of 22 more LEGO Star Wars sets are currently rumoured to be on the way across the rest of 2022, staggered across March, April, May and into the summer. The list below represents everything we know about these sets so far, pulled from various sources including Promobricks and Instagram (hence the differing currencies).

You can click on individual sets in the list to find out more about each one. Notable highlights include 75329 Death Star Trench Run and 75330 Yoda’s Training, both of which are said to be 18+ display sets in the vein of 75296 Darth Vader Meditation Chamber, and 75341 Luke Skywalker’s Landspeeder, which is reportedly our next UCS set.

75323, 75331 through 75340, 75342 and 75343 are all rumoured to be launching in the summer, but we only have prices for those at the moment (if that). The most expensive set of the bunch, 75331 – which is said to retail for $529.99 – will likely be a new Master Builder Series set, following on from 75222 Betrayal at Cloud City and 75290 Mos Eisley Cantina.

"

Edited by SophyQ

On 1/22/2022 at 5:14 AM, The Stud said:

Looking back at the Summer 2021 rumor list from last spring, this year’s summer wave does look a fair amount larger. I suppose it makes sense: for starters, there’s the elephant in the room with COVID. Also, 2021 was a fairly small year for mainstream Star Wars all things considered. There was still The Bad Batch, Visions and lots of interesting stuff going on in the books/comics with The High Republic and War of the Bounty Hunters, as well as the first Boba Fett episode at the very tail end of the year, but I’d argue that most of those things were not particularly mainstream or viable for Lego products.

Comparatively, this year looks pretty big for Star Wars, with 4-5 shows coming to Disney+, tons of announcements coming from the first Celebration in three years and a good amount of video game content with the long-awaited release of Lego TSS and rumors of Fallen Order 2 dropping at the end of the year or early on in 2023.

Good points all in all! Last summer was one of my all-time favourite waves that made me feel like Lego were really listening to what people wanted from this theme. They’re finally starting to embrace making sets based on new media and I’m all for it.

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

…you’re messing with us, aren’t you :tongue:

Cue Hawkeye’s ‘Don’t give me hope’ line :laugh: If this really is a hint, I am most excited!