MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Stefanisimo said:

So it seems that the Theelin is Rystall Sant. Do we have any ideas as to which hairpiece will Lego include for her or will it be a third new mold? I can't seem to think of anything that would be close enough.

<snip>

Well the Theelin isn’t confirmed to be Rystáll Sant, but it looks just like her. Same with the Gran in the Mandalorian looking like Ree-Yees and the Quarren looking like Tessek.

The $70 Book of Boba Fett set could definitely be a 

 

Rancor Pit

which would explain the low price per piece, and be roughly in line with the price level.

If it is, I’m guessing (depending on how much info Lego is given) the minifigs would be something like:

 

 

Boba Fett, Danny Trejo, and maybe a Gamorrean and/or Krrsantan

Edited by MKJoshA
Please don't quote pictures

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So many cool new moulds! It’s always wonderful to see classic aliens get representation in Lego form.

Though this looks more like a Mando S2 set now, it would still be nice to get an updated Boba figure. I can see that being the main anchor point for this being considered a BoBF set even if the overall cast of figures isn’t extant with the show. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When there's this much overlap between the shows, it's not going to always make sense to try to clearly classify sets as one or the other. To take a recent example, this is like how Bo-Katan's Fighter came out with the whole wave of Mando stuff and is clearly intended to tie-in to that, even though the direct source for the set is the TCW version rather than Mando itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, hachiroku said:

Have you seen this piece? I think we will see it used in a new Falcon, either 4+ or a regular set scaled down like the Slave 1.

https://brickset.com/parts/design-92832

https://brickset.com/parts/design-92847

 

Yes I had already mentioned the upper piece but I hadn’t seen the lower piece. They wouldn’t be for a scaled down set though. They’re the same size as the current pieces just better shaping.

 

17 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

For a long time it was rumoured we'd get just two helmets out of Mando, Luke's Red 5 helmet and the Dark Trooper, but a month or two ago it was confirmed that all three would be on their way, by most of the usual reliable sources IIRC. I'm not sure where any set number disparity would come from, but it wouldn't be the first time similar sets have had numbers out of sequence.

All I can see is 75343 an 18+ US$60 set in March. The only mention of a dark trooper head is from the same source as the republic fighter tank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great to see all these new aliens. The aliens :wub: are the most interesting part of Lego Star Wars sets for me and i'm really looking forward for the sets to be released.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ForgedInLego said:

If we do get a new mold for her I bet it'll be one of the soft rubbery hair pieces

I could definitely see that. It would also maybe explain why the leaker didn't have the piece available as these tend to be in their own little bag so maybe it's produced and packed elsewhere. Just a theory, who knows.

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

How about this one in red? It's not perfect, but probably one of the few existing ones that could work

29634.png

That could indeed work! It might even be the best match available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally, a Quarren mold. Wanted one ever since they were put into Battlefront 2015. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This honestly is shaping up to be a pretty great set if they handle the throne room well. I'd love to see a solid Sail Barge set alongside of it so that the figures can be replaced with Jabba's crew, but I don't know if that would happen, in part even just because of the Leia issues with a set like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

I guess the more accurate term would be 'Big' Fortuna :laugh:

I’ve been hearing “Bib Chungus” :laugh:

Anyone have any idea what the black minifigure on the left of the image with the Quarren is? Or is it some other piece that isn’t a figure? Also, it could just be some random thing in the photo that has nothing to do with it.  

Edited by AD_Bricks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, AD_Bricks said:

Anyone have any idea what the black minifigure on the left of the image with the Quarren is? Or is it some other piece that isn’t a figure? Also, it could just be some random thing in the photo that has nothing to do with it.

not sure exactly which picture you are talking about, but I have seen a pic of a regular dark trooper to the left of the quarren

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ForgedInLego said:

not sure exactly which picture you are talking about, but I have seen a pic of a regular dark trooper to the left of the quarren

Ah ok, I only saw the Quarren in a cropped picture with that dark trooper on the left. Thanks for clarifying that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

I guess the more accurate term would be 'Big' Fortuna :laugh:

My personal favorite has always been Wide Fortuna, as a callback to the wide vader memes.

2 hours ago, Gontron said:

Finally, a Quarren mold. Wanted one ever since they were put into Battlefront 2015. 

Same here. This mold is fine, I prefer this sort of printed face to the hyperrealistic attempts with some of the older molds.

38 minutes ago, AD_Bricks said:

I’ve been hearing “Bib Chungus” :laugh:

Anyone have any idea what the black minifigure on the left of the image with the Quarren is? Or is it some other piece that isn’t a figure? Also, it could just be some random thing in the photo that has nothing to do with it.  

In the full image it's a dark trooper. Likely the parts snatched here included a dark trooper from the Luke Vs dark troopers set.

 

You guys are right, it's definately a theelin with Bib's lekku. I'm kind of surprised we're getting an exotic dancer figure, but I suppose we did get oola before, and this outfit is considerably more tame. Is the Quarren just some corrupt official or something? He doesn't seem the bounty hunting type, I would say he's a middle manager type like Greef was, but since he may be the same as the one in jabba's palace I'm guessing there's an 800 page novel of his exploits somewhere I just haven't seen yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

My personal favorite has always been Wide Fortuna, as a callback to the wide vader memes.

. Is the Quarren just some corrupt official or something? He doesn't seem the bounty hunting type, I would say he's a middle manager type like Greef was, but since he may be the same as the one in jabba's palace I'm guessing there's an 800 page novel of his exploits somewhere I just haven't seen yet.

There is a tale. Probably Tessek. A Quarran that runs away before Fennec can shoot him. In legends he because one of the Bomarr.

I like Bib Chungus. Just put his head of Killow's bigfig.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So now I'm curious - were the leaks wrong and Boba/Jabba/Bib's palace comes with seven minifigures (Bib Fortuna being previously unknown?  Because there's no way they'd just label him as "generic crime person" or whatever, and he's definitely identifiable) or is it still six minifigures and one of these that leaked is coming in another set?  

I know in the past there's been sets that end up having more figures than the unofficial leaker descriptions of them say (for example, the X-Wing last year was originally described as coming with Luke and R2-D2, Dodonna and Leia were total surprises until the pictures came out, and the TIE Fighter used placeholder minifigure silhouettes from the Landspeeder, prompting this huge discussion about what minifigure could possibly be included that has short legs, until someone figured out that it was a Jawa), so it seems more likely that there's just a seventh figure and that's it, but I guess I just want to see if anyone can shed light on this or knows for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Paul11283652 said:

All I can see is 75343 an 18+ US$60 set in March. The only mention of a dark trooper head is from the same source as the republic fighter tank.

I seem to remember Landino or Falconfan said as much in their Insta stories (albeit without set numbers), but I'll let them correct me here if I'm wrong.

4 hours ago, AD_Bricks said:

I’ve been hearing “Bib Chungus” :laugh:

I like this one :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

This honestly is shaping up to be a pretty great set if they handle the throne room well. I'd love to see a solid Sail Barge set alongside of it so that the figures can be replaced with Jabba's crew, but I don't know if that would happen, in part even just because of the Leia issues with a set like that. 

I thought Disney renamed the Leia costume from Jabba sail barge, I remember seeing it in one of those 2D youtube galaxy of adventures miniseries, and that was recent. Of course, they could just not include her. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AD_Bricks said:

I’ve been hearing “Bib Chungus” :laugh:

That‘s the best one thus far :laugh_hard: *steals it*

2 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

So now I'm curious - were the leaks wrong and Boba/Jabba/Bib's palace comes with seven minifigures (Bib Fortuna being previously unknown? 

My guess is that the entire description was wrong and there‘s no Rancor included :shrug_oh_well: If so, the info about the Gamorreans is probably wrong as well and there might be only one (or none)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those aliens are mostly generic anyway. But I really wonder if they update - at least - Bobas helmet. The sand green looks so bad on the new suit in my opinion -> I even reuse the old style helmet; also in it's proportions it looks way better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like if Lego, did Jabba's palace like they do with Hogwarts, where you have multiple sets to combine, I think they did that kind of thing with the palsce back in 2000s SW sets. 

Edited by Mr No

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Mr No said:

I would like if Lego, did Jabba's palace like they do with Hogwarts, where you have multiple sets to combine, I think they did that kind of thing with the palsce back in 2000s SW sets. 

That's basically how I'm expecting the new palace set to be where you have the option for it to be Bib Fortunas then have Boba come in and take it. Especially the figure selection is accurate. Kinda like how there was a Millennium Falcon set that could be converted between OT and ST.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Paul11283652 said:

Yes I had already mentioned the upper piece but I hadn’t seen the lower piece. They wouldn’t be for a scaled down set though. They’re the same size as the current pieces just better shaping.

Current piece is 8 stud wide. This one is 6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Clone Trooper Accessory Pack and Ahsoka Brickheadz is currently live on LEGO.com US and I believe Canada too. Rebel Hoth Troopers hasn’t gone up yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact that Lego created a new mould for a Quarren figure when they easily could’ve made a Weequay figure from the same scene is encouraging. I’m hoping it’s a hint that the $530 set might be a Sail Barge, which would be absolutely amazing. 
 

Now the Sail Barge might only need 2 or 3 new moulds*. (For J’Quille and Saelt-Marae, and maybe an Ishi-Tib) There are 8 or so old moulds that they’d need to bring back, but I’d think that bringing those back would be cheaper than designing an entirely new mould. (The old ones being Jabba, Bib Fortuna, Salacious Crumb, Leia’s Hair, Lando’s Helmet, Ree-Yees, Max Rebo, and the Gamorreans)

Edited by QuiggoldsPegLeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

The fact that Lego created a new mould for a Quarren figure when they easily could’ve made a Weequay figure from the same scene is encouraging.

Now if only they made both... but that would surely be too much to ask for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

Now if only they made both... but that would surely be too much to ask for.

Definitely something for the future, that is for sure. 

I just wish the Quarren had a cape, because it really doesn’t do the character justice. 

Edited by ArrowBricks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.