MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

7 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

Spoilers for Episode 3

Hide contents

I wonder if one or both of the bounty hunters could be members of that street gang?  I feel like there's a high chance that they're either human or humanoid, because if it were a Trandoshan or Aqualish (or, like, Krrsantan), we probably would've known due to the fact that they use a mold.  Even if the pictures were blurry, it'd still be clear that it's a molded head versus a printed one.  At this point, there's only, what, four episodes left, I can't really see them introducing a ton of new bounty hunter/thug characters, so I feel there's a good chance those characters might be coming.

I really hope not! I liked the episode well enough, but not that part of it so much. 

It would be especially grating when a better option is literally right there in the same episode. 

although personally, now that we've seen Krrsantan IN Boba's throne room, I'm a bit more hopeful that it will be him

I still think the bounty hunter we‘re talking about has a decent chance to appear in the Throne Room set. The issue is that we don‘t know how the leakers arrived at the conclusion that the remaining minifigs are “two bounty hunters“. Did they see a prelim or was it just a description in the first place? What strikes me as odd is that we don‘t have a description of the set itself, which could mean that nobody has seen actual pictures :shrug_oh_well: Or they did see prelims, but the minifigs were all placeholders and both unknowns were merely labelled as “bounty hunter”.

Either way, it may be little more than wishful thinking, but I’m not ready to rule that character out just yet :laugh: And if it’s indeed him, that would leave us with the question who the other character is

Another thing to consider is that Boba’s Palace / Throne Room needs a real hook in terms of minifigures. I’m assuming Boba will be updated as his TBoBF outfit is significantly different, Fennec is already available in Gideon’s Cruiser but could have a hairpiece this time, and two Gamorreans are of course most welcome, but I can see these two additional unknown minifigures being the real draw of the set. Like most of you I’d love for it to be the Bounty Hunter you’re all talking about because it’s just screaming for minifigure representation. 

I appreciate the fact that TBoBF is already getting two sets by June, frees up space for the summer wave!

Temuera Morrison has confirmed in an interview that the Slave One has now been renamed to Firespray Gunship :classic: Called it  :tongue:

It’s a much cooler name anyway

They hardly refer to his ship as “Slave 1” on screen anyway. It’s such a non-issue. I’m sure a bunch of people will still get up in arms about it though. 

I enjoyed yesterday’s episode but I’m worried about the direction, storyline and overall quality of the show as a whole. Still, I think there are some interesting character designs, locations and vehicles we could get in sets at least, so even if the show ends up disappointing, we could get some cool Lego stuff out of it.

Edited by The Stud

20 minutes ago, The Stud said:

They hardly refer to his ship as “Slave 1” on screen anyway. It’s such a non-issue. I’m sure a bunch of people will still get up in arms about it though. 

Oh, they will. Some dummies on YT will milk this nonsense for weeks on end :snicker: Good thing YT has re-enabled the channel “blocking” option. There are only two good SW youtubers anyway

9 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The issue is that we don‘t know how the leakers arrived at the conclusion that the remaining minifigs are “two bounty hunters“. Did they see a prelim or was it just a description in the first place? What strikes me as odd is that we don‘t have a description of the set itself, which could mean that nobody has seen actual pictures :shrug_oh_well: Or they did see prelims, but the minifigs were all placeholders and both unknowns were merely labelled as “bounty hunter”.

This is true, so I suppose hope is not lost! 

I do think that this character would make the most sense as one to include in the set, as they'd be a bigger draw than some of the other options for sure.

6 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Temuera Morrison has confirmed in an interview that the Slave One has now been renamed to Firespray Gunship :classic: Called it  :tongue:

And everyone here was insisting “it’s just so you can find the toy on the shelf” smh. Why can’t Disney leave Star Wars’ legacy alone???

13 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

And everyone here was insisting “it’s just so you can find the toy on the shelf” smh. 

I was insisting that it may get renamed for the show, and it did :tongue: Since the ship hasn't shown up yet, there may also be a story reason for the change. That would fall in line with where the show is headed: Boba re-inventing himself and creating a new path for himself, starting with his metaphorical rebirth by escaping the Sarlacc. It's all very intentional

13 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Why can’t Disney leave Star Wars’ legacy alone???

Yes, the legacy of Star Wars has forever been tainted because they changed the name of a hairdryer-shaped ship which has never been uttered in any of the movies :poke:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

1 minute ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I was insisting that it may get renamed for the show, and it did :tongue: Since the ship hasn't shown up yet, there may also be a story reason for the change.

Yes, the legacy of Star Wars has forever been tainted because they changed the name of a hairdryer-shaped ship which has never been uttered in any of the movies :poke:

Make fun if you want, at least try to understand why some people care. For 40 years basically all we knew about Boba was “he’s a bounty hunter who flies the slave I”, now apparently he’s not a bounty hunter and he doesn’t fly the slave I. All for some megablocks real world political semantics that nobody was complaining about (the only slave related complaints I saw directed at Disney were when they filmed a movie next to literal slave camps). This is not the first time Disney has messed with a beloved character’s history for no reason and it won’t be the last. This whole exercise just goes to show that even with people who care about Star Wars at the helm of content creation the studio will still meddle wherever possible. 

2 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

All for some megablocks real world political semantics that nobody was complaining about [...]

That's just an assumption. They've never stated anywhere why they changed it, and as I've said, there could be a story reason. I suggest waiting for the season to end before jumping to conclusions :classic:

With the $500 set been an 18+ set I could really see it been order 66 Jedi Temple maybe? 

EDIT- Based around that scene with 501st clones, I don’t mean full scale Anakin killing younglings. 

Edited by Legoman123

27 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

With the $500 set been an 18+ set I could really see it been order 66 Jedi Temple maybe? 

EDIT- Based around that scene with 501st clones, I don’t mean full scale Anakin killing younglings. 

Kinda doubt LEGO would do that scene if they made a temple. At least I doubt they would market that as the scene for it, though I could be wrong. 

I could see them making a Jedi Temple at some point though, perhaps with some characters from that scene (Anakin, Yoda Obi-Wan, 501st, etc.), but I doubt they would make a set with a feature being "kill the younglings with Anakin" haha

In all honesty, if LEGO ever decides to make a UCS with microscale aspects that isn't a large ship (like the SSD), I could see them doing the temple, with perhaps a small minifigure interior (or a microscale one, which, as much as many wouldn't like, I think could be done really well). But I don't know if we'll see a proper temple otherwise considering the scale. 

58 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

That's just an assumption. They've never stated anywhere why they changed it, and as I've said, there could be a story reason. I suggest waiting for the season to end before jumping to conclusions :classic:

It’s not an assumption, no jumping to conclusions, we knew this was coming 6 months ago and anyone who’s been paying attention to Disney and Lucasfilm’s corperate politics knows exactly why they did it. Let’s be real here, this a show that won’t even show a little bit of blood when someone gets a chunk of flesh bitten off of them. No way they’ll mention slavery, let alone explain why a ship isn’t called slave anymore. 

47 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Kinda doubt LEGO would do that scene if they made a temple. At least I doubt they would market that as the scene for it, though I could be wrong. 

I could see them making a Jedi Temple at some point though, perhaps with some characters from that scene (Anakin, Yoda Obi-Wan, 501st, etc.), but I doubt they would make a set with a feature being "kill the younglings with Anakin" haha

In all honesty, if LEGO ever decides to make a UCS with microscale aspects that isn't a large ship (like the SSD), I could see them doing the temple, with perhaps a small minifigure interior (or a microscale one, which, as much as many wouldn't like, I think could be done really well). But I don't know if we'll see a proper temple otherwise considering the scale. 

I suppose, but we could get a few key rooms and a few extras we didn’t see (living quarters etc.  We got the Death Star after all

9 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Oh, they will. Some dummies on YT will milk this nonsense for weeks on end :snicker: Good thing YT has re-enabled the channel “blocking” option. There are only two good SW youtubers anyway

Hence why I try not to engage with Star Wars fans online for the most part. And one of those two good Youtubers are Star Wars Explained. :tongue:

3 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Make fun if you want, at least try to understand why some people care. For 40 years basically all we knew about Boba was “he’s a bounty hunter who flies the slave I”, now apparently he’s not a bounty hunter and he doesn’t fly the slave I. All for some megablocks real world political semantics that nobody was complaining about (the only slave related complaints I saw directed at Disney were when they filmed a movie next to literal slave camps). This is not the first time Disney has messed with a beloved character’s history for no reason and it won’t be the last. This whole exercise just goes to show that even with people who care about Star Wars at the helm of content creation the studio will still meddle wherever possible. 

I’d estimate that the vast majority of the general public didn’t know the name Slave 1, and I’d even wager that a lot of them probably didn’t even know the name Boba Fett until recent years. I think that this internet narrative that Disney is actively trying to micromanage Lucasfilm and make things worse is laughable. Watch any behind the scenes content from the last few years and Lucasfilm clearly shares the same level of autonomy as, say, Marvel Studios.

2 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

I highly doubt it. I really don’t think Lego had any D2C prequel sets in the pipeline before they knew how well the UCS Gunship would sell, so a $500 set a year later would likely be too soon. There’s also little chance Lego is ever going to do an Order 66 set in my eyes. I think we could maybe see a D2C Jedi Temple like way down the line, but not before Lego does new MBS versions of other OT locations after how well the Cantina sold. (I’m on board the Endor speculation train personally.)

Also, people are starting to find the Ahsoka Brickhead at Lego Stores in the US, so keep an eye out if you’re looking for one.

Edited by The Stud

Given that Lego often likes to put conflict within individual sets, I'm guessing the unnamed 'bounty hunters' from Boba's Palace will be antagonists rather than allies.

Spoiler

Hopefully that means Krrsantan as he's the only named bounty hunter to appear so far, although it could also be the assassins from episode 1, or the Nikto swoop gang, neither of which are bounty hunters, but wouldn't surprise me if they're put in there to give Boba people to fight against.

5 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

And everyone here was insisting “it’s just so you can find the toy on the shelf” smh. Why can’t Disney leave Star Wars’ legacy alone???

Most of the "disney is disrespecting the legacy" stuff I don't really see, such as Luke in TLJ (I don't really like his characterization, but it was just a story element that didn't work for everyone, I don't think it was some intentional slight), but this one really annoys me simply because there's no logical argument in favor of it. The only one's I've seen are "the word slave is bad", to which I say...that's absolutely nonsensical, there are many dark things in SW like slavery and death (and we have to start looking at other ship names then. Marauders did some really messed up things to civilians of towns they pillaged, does that mean we need to rename the havoc marauder the havoc shuttle?) or the nearly as illogical "firespray sounds cooler", to which I say megadeath ultrascourge bird of prey sounds cooler than millenium falcon so it should be canonically renamed.

11 hours ago, The Stud said:

Yes, I am upset about this, they're changing the name of an iconic ship for an extremely dumb reason.

4 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

No, I really can't see them doing another prequel UCS/MBS so soon after the gunship, which is clearly a set meant to test the waters for prequel appeal. I'd say 2023 is the earliest we'd see more prequel UCS. 

I also can't see them ever doing an order 66 temple. Even if they didn't include any younglings, it's depicting a pretty dark scene that I can't see lego replicating, even in a 18+ set. 

1 hour ago, MaximillianRebo said:

Given that Lego often likes to put conflict within individual sets, I'm guessing the unnamed 'bounty hunters' from Boba's Palace will be antagonists rather than allies.

Hide contents

Hopefully that means Krrsantan as he's the only named bounty hunter to appear so far, although it could also be the assassins from episode 1, or the Nikto swoop gang, neither of which are bounty hunters, but wouldn't surprise me if they're put in there to give Boba people to fight against.

I agree. I don't know if that particular gentlemen would have been provided to lego far enough in advance for them to include him in the set, but I hope he was. I still lean towards it being the assassins, because I think specialized molds would have been mentioned, and I can't see a situation where the person who saw the set or whatever recognizes that the figures are bounty hunters but not who they are or any specialized molds.

21 hours ago, ginja said:

I think you have your subcultures mixed up. They were clearly based on mods. Almost too obviously so.

Wait, I've only heard "mods" used in relation to moderators, and they didn't exactly remind me of MKJoshA. You mean like people who modify their cars?

14 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The article/s that said this is just trying to get clicks. By the time you read the quote from Temuera Morrison it’s clear that he wasn’t saying it’s new name is the “Firespray”, that’s just what they’re referring to it as. The Slave I’s model in universe is a Firespray-31, and has been for years, so that’s why they’ve been calling it that. As many people have made clear, Slave I is still it’s canonical name, Disney just prefers not to use it in marketing for obvious reasons. They know they can’t officially change the name without decanonising the (I admit few) Clone Wars eps it was mentioned in. I hope this clears it up, I keep getting annoyed whenever people just believe random articles about it. I don’t mean to cause any negativity with this post, just want to let you guys know.

This is not to say whether I support them changing it or not, I don’t want to create any more argument, I just want to explain what actually happened so that everyone arguing over it can stop.

Edited by AD_Bricks

9 minutes ago, AD_Bricks said:

The article/s that said this is just trying to get clicks. By the time you read the quote from Temuera Morrison it’s clear that he wasn’t saying it’s new name is the “Firespray”, that’s just what they’re referring to it as. The Slave I’s model in universe is a Firespray-31, so that’s why they’ve been calling it that. As many people have made clear, Slave I is still it’s canonical name, Disney just prefers not to use it in marketing for obvious reasons. They know they can’t officially change the name without decanonising the (I admit few) Clone Wars eps it was mentioned in. I hope this clears it up, I keep getting annoyed whenever people just believe random articles about it. I don’t mean to cause any negativity with this post, just want to let you guys know.

You're not alone.

And it's not really a gunship.

Its a patrol/attack craft.

From Kuat Drive Yards in-fact. (Yep the same people who made the Star Destroyers)

The Firespray part is the class designation - likening to the YT-1300 Corellian Transport which is the designation of the "Millennium Falcon" - there's been other YT-1300's - the Sabra (sp?) from X-Wing Alliance for example.

Its why I refuse to listen to the rumors these days.

Bottom line - its the Slave I - pure and simple.

(Ships are a thing of mine)

1 minute ago, Kage Goomba said:

You're not alone.

And it's not really a gunship.

Its a patrol/attack craft.

From Kuat Drive Yards in-fact. (Yep the same people who made the Star Destroyers)

The Firespray part is the class designation - likening to the YT-1300 Corellian Transport which is the designation of the "Millennium Falcon" - there's been other YT-1300's - the Sabra (sp?) from X-Wing Alliance for example.

Its why I refuse to listen to the rumors these days.

Bottom line - its the Slave I - pure and simple.

(Ships are a thing of mine)

I wouldn’t say that it’s the “Slave I - pure and simple” since it isn’t exactly simple as they are avoiding calling it that, but yes, I agree. I dunno why Temuera Morrison called it a gunship lol, but he’s just an actor so his word about it isn’t exactly 100% definitive either. One of the people working on the show may have just called it that and he thought the name was changed properly, but to me it didn’t even seem like he was saying it was the new name, he said something like “that’s what we’re calling it”, which isn’t that clear.

1 minute ago, AD_Bricks said:

I wouldn’t say that it’s the “Slave I - pure and simple” since it isn’t exactly simple as they are avoiding calling it that, but yes, I agree. I dunno why Temuera Morrison called it a gunship lol, but he’s just an actor so his word about it isn’t exactly 100% definitive either. One of the people working on the show may have just called it that and he thought the name was changed properly, but to me it didn’t even seem like he was saying it was the new name, he said something like “that’s what we’re calling it”, which isn’t that clear.

Fair point - but then I'd pull a "who gives a crap what Disney says" - Bobba Fett's pride and joy is the Slave I

What amuses me is there's a Slave II - manufactured by Mandal Motors (if you're thinking Mandalorian? ding ding ding!) A pursuit/enforcement ship.

Last seen in use during the "Dark Empire" graphic novels - something Disney stomped like a cockroach with its infernally stupid new timeline (totally not bitter)

Point being - they are making a molehill out of a mountain over the name - whose to say he didn't have more than one ship in his arsenal.

7 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

It’s not an assumption, no jumping to conclusions […]

Well then please link to a statement addressing it :tongue: Otherwise it’s just an assumption based on what you think their supposed agenda is

5 hours ago, The Stud said:

And one of those two good Youtubers are Star Wars Explained. :tongue:

Indeed, and the other one is HelloGreedo. Those two are the only level-headed SW Youtubers I’ve ever come across.

I swear, if I ever find a time machine, I go back to the late 70s and convince whoever came up with the original name to change it to “Maclunkey One” and then return to see the same discussion as today :laugh_hard:

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Wait, I've only heard "mods" used in relation to moderators, and they didn't exactly remind me of MKJoshA. You mean like people who modify their cars?

They were a sort of British young bikie gang in the 60s, known for their fashion sense and mopeds(?) I think they rode.

Edited by Stuartn

13 minutes ago, Stuartn said:

They were a sort of British young bikie gang in the 60s, known for their fashion sense and mopeds(?) I think they rode.

Correct:

adee499e245c3785be9274137091f3c5.jpg