MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

1 hour ago, lomis said:

What about the bounty hunter that brought in the Gamorreans in Episode 1? 

It's possible, but we tend to get more major characters in sets based on new media. Seeing how the character we're keeping in the spoilers was shown in the show, he will clearly have a more major role later, and if I had to guess I'd say it'll be him and a bounty hunter we haven't seen yet, such as (in spoilers so I'm not accused of spoiling the show by saying a character ISN'T in the show yet, or by suggesting characters that I have no information on whether they appear in the show or not but think it would be cool.)

Spoiler

Bossk or Cad Bane

On 1/5/2022 at 9:32 AM, Childish_Landino said:

All five of the accessory packs that released last year did not release the day they were announced to. The Harry Potter one from last year was announced to come out on June 1st but actual went live on July 4th. 

Damn... if that happened I would be really pissed since I redeemed most of my VIP points for a $30 discount just for these packs, but if they delay it for more than a month then I will just have to use it on something random before it expires. Why couldn't they warn us beforehand?

10 minutes ago, BigA_7 said:

Damn... if that happened I would be really pissed since I redeemed most of my VIP points for a $30 discount just for these packs, but if they delay it for more than a month then I will just have to use it on something random before it expires. Why couldn't they warn us beforehand?

I'd recommend contacting their customer support and they can reverse it. I did this once in 2020 when I bought, accidentally, the in-store one vs. the online one. They gave it back to me without a problem. 

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

He's got to be, right? The set said "bounty hunters" and we haven't seen any in the trailers. Not a huge spoiler either, since 

Reveal hidden contents

If you don't read the comics you've got no idea who the kriff he is and he just looks like a cool wookie bounty hunter.

That's a good point tbh, although personally I'd always rather err on the side of caution with these sorts of spoilers. 

Anyway, I certainly hope so. Especially if paired with one of your other suggestions. But getting two random no-name assassins seems equally, if not more, plausible to me. 

17 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Wow, this really was my favourite piece of Star Wars content ever. 

I hope they release smaller sets down the line, not just ones in 100-70€ price range.

Gives renewed hope for a moulded Bantha one day...

I'm sure if it proves popular we'll see smaller sets ala the Mandalorian.

Not sure if the rumour of a Rancor in Boba's Palace is looking good now after this episode. Still looking forward to my bondage Gamorreans though.

3 hours ago, SEmrys said:

That's a good point tbh, although personally I'd always rather err on the side of caution with these sorts of spoilers. 

Anyway, I certainly hope so. Especially if paired with one of your other suggestions. But getting two random no-name assassins seems equally, if not more, plausible to me. 

Oh yeah, no I think it should be in a spoiler tab here, since these are die-hard SW fans, but in terms of being in a set, I think they'd be fine letting the lego group see concept art of the character or whatever and have a set with him out beforehand. Definately could be the assassins too, especially since it said "two bounty hunters", meaning it's possible the two could be identical.

20 minutes ago, TeufelHund said:

Not sure if the rumour of a Rancor in Boba's Palace is looking good now after this episode. Still looking forward to my bondage Gamorreans though.

I think the rumors claim moreso that 

Spoiler

A rancor escaped captivity after ROTJ and attacks mos espa, with boba trying to stop it and riding it at some point

so I wouldn't give up on it yet.

6 hours ago, Prometheus87 said:

I'd recommend contacting their customer support and they can reverse it. I did this once in 2020 when I bought, accidentally, the in-store one vs. the online one. They gave it back to me without a problem. 

Thanks for the advice, I will try it towards the end of the month.

5 hours ago, TeufelHund said:

Oh there's gonna be a Rancor. Just not yet.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Oh there's gonna be a Rancor. Just not yet.

My money‘s on a grown-up Muchi :laugh: 

The new episode was great, but left me with a question that has bothered me before, but now more so than ever: Where is

Rotta? Is he save? Is he alright?

:grin: 

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

My money‘s on a grown-up Muchi :laugh: 

The new episode was great, but left me with a question that has bothered me before, but now more so than ever: Where is

Reveal hidden contents

Rotta? Is he save? Is he alright?

:grin: 

Imagine 'him' turning up, haha it is a question that has bugged me for years. 

There’s already some stuff I want from TBOBF in Lego form, but it’s going to be a real challenge for Lego to balance covering it, Kenobi, Andor and The Bad Batch all this year, not to mention sets based off the films or things other than the shows.

I just noticed that the helmet of Luke will have more than 150 pieces less than the Darth Vader one. I hope it won't look too basic in comparison.

5 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

Imagine 'him' turning up, haha it is a question that has bugged me for years. 

There has to be a reason he hasn‘t reappeared since his debut :shrug_oh_well: Maybe they want to save him for something?

12 minutes ago, The Stud said:

There’s already some stuff I want from TBOBF in Lego form, but it’s going to be a real challenge for Lego to balance covering it, Kenobi, Andor and The Bad Batch all this year, not to mention sets based off the films or things other than the shows.

I think 2 sets for Kenobi and Andor each plus one for TBB S2 would be satisfying enough for a start :classic:

1 hour ago, The Stud said:

And Mando S3, although assuming that airs in December I guess they'd be part of the winter 2023 wave.

1 hour ago, Sam27 said:

I just noticed that the helmet of Luke will have more than 150 pieces less than the Darth Vader one. I hope it won't look too basic in comparison.

I mean...it's hollow. They aren't gonna put luke's face under it, which would make sense for it being less parts.

8 minutes ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

And Mando S3, although assuming that airs in December I guess they'd be part of the winter 2023 wave.

Do we even know if it's STARTED filming yet? IIRC TBoBF was almost DONE filming by the time it was announced.

5 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Do we even know if it's STARTED filming yet? IIRC TBoBF was almost DONE filming by the time it was announced.

Yes, they started filming in September. They may even be finished by now, or nearly so.

6 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I think 2 sets for Kenobi and Andor each plus one for TBB S2 would be satisfying enough for a start :classic:

Good enough for me, I wouldn’t be mad if we get another Disney+ centric wave for Star Wars like we got this last summer either!

Also, I built my second Snowtrooper Battle Pack tonight and I have to say that it’s so nice to have old fashioned battle packs again. (501st set and other army builders notwithstanding.) The $20 price is definitely a tough pill to swallow; fortunately, I have a couple Christmas gift cards that make me feel less guilty about buying multiples.

On 1/6/2022 at 3:08 PM, The Stud said:

They honestly could give the Bad batch one big set like a AT-TE or a Nu class Attack shuttle which should be enough to cover most of the main characters/villains we haven’t got from the show yet.Other than rampart, crosshairs squad and some shinies are really it for villains.Omega and another BB member’s a given pretty much unless we miraculously get a howzer.

Edited by Displayedaction

I could see a Nu-class Attack/Transport Shuttle over a LAAT for one of the higher price points. Add in Hunter, Omega, Crosshair, two Crosshair Clones, and Admiral Rampart and you would have a solid line-up (though I REALLY wish we'd get a Clone Commando soon). 

One of the biggest draws of the Bad Batch is the time period allows for Lego to give us Clone Wars vehicles without having to market them as vehicles from a show long finished. Not to mention an excuse for a Republic-era Y-Wing with Rex  - a highly desirable character that has been requested for a long time. 

I am so excited to see the set names for this year’s summer / 2HY wave, it looks like a substantially bigger wave than what we got last summer. The Summer 2021 lineup felt like a much needed course correction for Lego Star Wars and I’m hopeful this summer wave will outdo that with a healthy mix of stuff from Kenobi, Andor, and Bad Batch. It was around this time last year that the Summer 2021 list leaked out.

I wasn’t particularly impressed with Episode 1 of TBoBF, but the second episode has made me a believer! We better get a new Boba figure.

Edited by T21Typhoon

43 minutes ago, T21Typhoon said:

One of the biggest draws of the Bad Batch is the time period allows for Lego to give us Clone Wars vehicles without having to market them as vehicles from a show long finished. Not to mention an excuse for a Republic-era Y-Wing with Rex  - a highly desirable character that has been requested for a long time. 

I am so excited to see the set names for this year’s summer / 2HY wave, it looks like a substantially bigger wave than what we got last summer. The Summer 2021 lineup felt like a much needed course correction for Lego Star Wars and I’m hopeful this summer wave will outdo that with a healthy mix of stuff from Kenobi, Andor, and Bad Batch. It was around this time last year that the Summer 2021 list leaked out.

I wasn’t particularly impressed with Episode 1 of TBoBF, but the second episode has made me a believer! We better get a new Boba figure.

I know, we need a more accurate helmet for the new boba! I still don't think we'll get more than one or two BB sets since, well popular, it wasn't as explosive as the mandalorian, or even clone wars S7. I do think we'll get SOMETHING if for no other reason then what you mentioned, that they can essentially just do a ROTS vehicle and have the figures be BB figures.  I'm pretty excited for the new list too, I'm hoping there's a proper ion cannon or shield generator, as well as for more BOBF and something, anything for Kenobi. 

Also, I noticed that the side of the snowtrooper battle pack box has this shield-shaped image with some snowtroopers on it, which is also on the interior flap of the AT-AT box. Nice bit of correlation, and cool to see that it really is intended as an expansion pack. The paid DLC so to speak! :laugh:

1 hour ago, Paul11283652 said:

Did anyone in Australia manage to get a Snowtrooper battlepack last night? It’s already sold out on Lego.com.

The Auckland NZ Lego store has had them since Saturday so I got mine from there. Wasn't going to bother with lego.com as the AT-ST and M1000RR I ordered on Jan 1st are still in warehouse and haven't shipped.

11 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Also, I noticed that the side of the snowtrooper battle pack box has this shield-shaped image with some snowtroopers on it, which is also on the interior flap of the AT-AT box. Nice bit of correlation, and cool to see that it really is intended as an expansion pack. The paid DLC so to speak! :laugh:

I noticed that on the AT-ST box as well. I wonder if the art was done by LEGO's graphic designers or if it was supplied by Lucasfilm? I wouldn't be surprised to see the same shield appear on Hoth themed Star Wars products across the board.

8 hours ago, Paul11283652 said:

Did anyone in Australia manage to get a Snowtrooper battlepack last night? It’s already sold out on Lego.com.

Took no chances this year, ordered 6 the moment they dropped last night (along with the Ahsoka brickheadz). Probably should have just stuck to 2 at that price but I needed to reach the free shipping threshold somehow.

5 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I noticed that on the AT-ST box as well. I wonder if the art was done by LEGO's graphic designers or if it was supplied by Lucasfilm?

It was 100% supplied by Lucasfilm. I remember seeing this exact snowtrooper patch on another website where I was looking for a real-life snowtrooper helmet. However I can't, for the life of me, remember where exactly I saw it