MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Recommended Posts

On 8/4/2022 at 12:15 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

Yeah, exactly. Only a few of the parts aren't standard, and only some variants have printing. Hence why I say it's roughly a 2-1 ratio of B1 to minifig.

That sound fair. If Lego produced a battle pack with 4 clones and a battle pack with 8 droids and they both cost $20 I'd feel pretty happy. 

I feel like the closest thing we've had to a true droid battle back is the Battle of Saleucami 2014

Edited by Zap Rowsdower

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Zap Rowsdower said:

That sound fair. If Lego produced a battle pack with 4 clones and a battle pack with 8 droids and they both cost $20 I'd feel pretty happy. 

I feel like the closest thing we've had to a true droid battle back is the Battle of Saleucami 2014

Ach, y'all youngsters here who don't know your LSW history! The very first battle pack ever, in 2007, was 7654 Droids Battle Pack, which had four B1s and three SBDs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A BD BP would be incredibly pointless nowadays :tongue: The 2007 one at least introduced SBDs in a new colour and made them available for the first time since the OG Gunship. Now they’re so widespread it’s comical

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

A BD BP would be incredibly pointless nowadays :tongue: The 2007 one at least introduced SBDs in a new colour and made them available for the first time since the OG Gunship. Now they’re so widespread it’s comical

I could see some harder to get variants like Geonosis camo, security, or commanders adding value to the BP. Not to mention several droids like Magna Guards, SBDs, and Commando Droids are harder to come by now (especially since B2 legs tend to fall apart/snap). I think a straight up remake of the 2007 one with a commander replacing one of the regular droids and a Magna Guard replacing a B2 would do well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

A BD BP would be incredibly pointless nowadays :tongue: The 2007 one at least introduced SBDs in a new colour and made them available for the first time since the OG Gunship. Now they’re so widespread it’s comical

SBDs would make it a huge draw. We haven't had any in 7 years (I think because lego know how easily they were breaking but didn't want to spring for new molds).

Also, I think the whole conversation was more conjecture about how much of a figure a B1 is "worth"

8 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

Ach, y'all youngsters here who don't know your LSW history! The very first battle pack ever, in 2007, was 7654 Droids Battle Pack, which had four B1s and three SBDs.

I may be a youngster, but I studied my 2010 lego star wars visual dictionary, and I would kill for a remake of that pack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FYI for those looking to get a deal on The Scythe in the US, it’s shown up at some Costco locations for 20% off retail. I’ve also seen some people finding The Bad Batch Attack Shuttle there for even bigger discounts, so be sure to keep an eye out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The Stud said:

FYI for those looking to get a deal on The Scythe in the US, it’s shown up at some Costco locations for 20% off retail. I’ve also seen some people finding The Bad Batch Attack Shuttle there for even bigger discounts, so be sure to keep an eye out.

I've seen posts on Reddit of people getting Boba Fett's Palace for stupidly low prices from Costco.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How much do we think the UCS razor crest will be in the UK. I'm tempted by the idea ( though seeing the thing will obviously affect my choices) but I need to budget, I've never bought a set that expensive before. Only this year did I buy my first over £130.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Stud said:

FYI for those looking to get a deal on The Scythe in the US, it’s shown up at some Costco locations for 20% off retail. I’ve also seen some people finding The Bad Batch Attack Shuttle there for even bigger discounts, so be sure to keep an eye out.

Darn! Costco does get a couple sets at discount but you never know what they will be. I may need to return my scythe when it arrives! And save some Cash!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Stud said:

FYI for those looking to get a deal on The Scythe in the US, it’s shown up at some Costco locations for 20% off retail. I’ve also seen some people finding The Bad Batch Attack Shuttle there for even bigger discounts, so be sure to keep an eye out.

Hmm...I always assumed they all got the same stock of stuff. A buddy was at ours the other day & it had the Bad Batch Shuttle & Imperial Light Cruiser. It would’ve been nice to get the Scythe for as cheap as Costco, as it’s a deal even at normal price. Speaking of......

I really do want the Justifier but man, that price to piece count is hard to swallow. The ship looks to be big enough to make it seem worth it & Fennec with her helmet & Todo 360 are huge draws as well. I’m really hoping it shows up at Costco so the purchase won’t hurt so bad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FYI Republic Fighter Tank just appeared in Lego online store. Looks like this time they limited purchase to 2 pcs... 

and is already gone... in 2 hours everything sold out... This is the best joke of the year together with Clone Trooper Command Station

Edited by gradatim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I ended up getting the set I though I would not be getting: the Justifier. The Intertoys stores here sell it for €134 at the moment instead of the €170 Lego wants, so that is a good enough discount to make it worth it for me.

They also have the AT-TE for €119 (if still in stock) and the Scythe and BD-1for €12 cheaper than Lego’s price.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, gradatim said:

FYI Republic Fighter Tank just appeared in Lego online store. Looks like this time they limited purchase to 2 pcs... 

and is already gone... in 2 hours everything sold out... This is the best joke of the year together with Clone Trooper Command Station

The Clone Trooper Command Station situation is why I don't like Lego's approach to minifigure packs over battlepacks. They end up producing less of them resulting in heavy scalping for desirable army building figures. The only BP that had a similar stock issue was the Mandalorian BP but that was resolved by this time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/7/2022 at 2:32 PM, Csaba said:

I've seen posts on Reddit of people getting Boba Fett's Palace for stupidly low prices from Costco.

I didn’t post it on Reddit, but I was one of those people who got Boba’s Palace for stupidly low price at Costco. 😂

I got two copies of that set for $60 each and two additional copies of the Dark Trooper Attack (I already had one at the time) for $18 each. I built bigger and better version of both sets with all those pieces, and was happy to have extras of a lot of those figures.

21 hours ago, Vindicare said:

I really do want the Justifier but man, that price to piece count is hard to swallow. The ship looks to be big enough to make it seem worth it & Fennec with her helmet & Todo 360 are huge draws as well. I’m really hoping it shows up at Costco so the purchase won’t hurt so bad. 

Same here. I mainly just want the exclusive figures (and wouldn’t say no to extras of helmeted Fennec and Hunter) because I’m unsure if we’ll get those specific figures in other sets and the three exclusive ones are going for like $30-50 each currently.

I have like $190 worth of points saved up. If it weren’t for the fact that I’m saving my VIP points to get a discount on the UCS Star Destroyer before it retires, I’d just use them towards The Justifier. Whatever points I get from the UCS Star Destroyer, plus the UCS Razor Crest any other big Lego purchases I plan on making early next year, will help me save a little.

2 hours ago, Gontron said:

The Clone Trooper Command Station situation is why I don't like Lego's approach to minifigure packs over battlepacks. They end up producing less of them resulting in heavy scalping for desirable army building figures. The only BP that had a similar stock issue was the Mandalorian BP but that was resolved by this time. 

Same. When I heard that Lego were bringing back battle packs, and also doing accessory sets now, I thought the smart approach would be to make the army builders more widely available as regular battle packs and let the Accessory Sets fill the role of the less massable battle packs with named characters, like the Bounty Hunter one or the Jedi/Clone Trooper one. In the case of the Command Station specifically: I think it’s crazy that after seeing the success of the 501st Clone Trooper set, Lego decided to make their next clone army building set something you can only get on Shop@Home or at their physical stores. And that’s only if you were lucky to find it in stock the handful of times it was available. 

Sure, it’s made a profit for them, but imagine how much more money they could have made if they just released it as a normal wide-release battle pack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2022 at 10:50 PM, The Stud said:

I didn’t post it on Reddit, but I was one of those people who got Boba’s Palace for stupidly low price at Costco. 😂

I got two copies of that set for $60 each and two additional copies of the Dark Trooper Attack (I already had one at the time) for $18 each. I built bigger and better version of both sets with all those pieces, and was happy to have extras of a lot of those figures.

It's been cheaper than that!!!

I would have taken the lot for parts at that price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

50% off Lego in my local Game in the UK. Only had one Star Wars set in which was The Justifier. I wasn’t interested in it really before but I’m not passing on it at £70!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ordered a Clone Army Customs sun visor and jetpack for Cody, as well as the Series 2 Marge arms, and wow he looks absolutely fantastic, an already great figure made near-perfect in my opinion. Definitely recommended and doesn't cost much to source them either. 

Edited by Willsy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, executeorder_sixtybrix said:

New high quality photos of Kuill are out in the usual place. The angle from the side actually makes his head appear a little less exaggerated. 

Yeah it really doesn't look too bad with HQ images. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Willsy said:

I ordered a Clone Army Customs sun visor and jetpack for Cody, as well as the Series 2 Marge arms, and wow he looks absolutely fantastic, an already great figure made near-perfect in my opinion. Definitely recommended and doesn't cost much to source them either. 

So the AT-TE really was just delayed in North America. Even Australia had them! (allegedly, it's out of stock on the lego AU website)

 

I received the fall lego catalog and it specifically says about the justifier set that "fans can role-play star wars: the bad batch season 2 scenes". Just thought that was an odd tidbit. The lego catalogs definately aren't error-free, but it is weird that they specifically say season 2 (despite the figure setup and features clearly being based on 1x9). If it does show up in season 2, and lego knew about it beforehand, that would definately make the decision to produce the set more logical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Willsy said:

 

I ordered a Clone Army Customs sun visor

 

Can I ask which one, with or without pins? I would be very curious to see a picture as I was condidering doing the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Even Australia had them! (allegedly, it's out of stock on the lego AU website)

Can confirm. I got one as soon as it was in my local LEGO store and haven't seen any since then. In fact, before that, I ordered one from Kmart but they cancelled my order because it turned out that they lied and didn't actually have it in stock.

Edited by AD_Bricks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I received the fall lego catalog and it specifically says about the justifier set that "fans can role-play star wars: the bad batch season 2 scenes". Just thought that was an odd tidbit. The lego catalogs definately aren't error-free, but it is weird that they specifically say season 2 (despite the figure setup and features clearly being based on 1x9). If it does show up in season 2, and lego knew about it beforehand, that would definately make the decision to produce the set more logical.

It would make a little more sense if Lego did know something we didn't, but as you pointed out it's strange that the designs would be from S1 if it was made because of it appearing in S2. 

Even if it was made because it shows up in the new season, seeing more pictures and reviews of this thing has only left me more confused on why it was made in the first place. Not only is it way too expensive, but speaking purely in terms of size, it just seems too big. Obviously it's plenty big in the show, but it's not minifig scale (as far as I remember at least), and the interior details included could have been done at a smaller scale. It really feels to me like it should have been scaled down a bit and sold for $100 (probably $110 with the price increases). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, executeorder_sixtybrix said:

New high quality photos of Kuill are out in the usual place. The angle from the side actually makes his head appear a little less exaggerated. 

Definite improvement on what we've seen before. However, I'm still not convinced by it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Meadius said:

It would make a little more sense if Lego did know something we didn't, but as you pointed out it's strange that the designs would be from S1 if it was made because of it appearing in S2. 

Even if it was made because it shows up in the new season, seeing more pictures and reviews of this thing has only left me more confused on why it was made in the first place. Not only is it way too expensive, but speaking purely in terms of size, it just seems too big. Obviously it's plenty big in the show, but it's not minifig scale (as far as I remember at least), and the interior details included could have been done at a smaller scale. It really feels to me like it should have been scaled down a bit and sold for $100 (probably $110 with the price increases). 

It is just such an odd choice. Like you say, even if the justifier was in S2, there's no reason for it to be this big. I mean, the Havoc marauder had ~150 pieces of side builds, and it was only $100. And that's the main ship of the show! It can't even fit a full squad of 5. When the villain ship that's on screen for maybe a few minutes has a set 58% larger than the MAIN HERO SHIP, you know something's gone wrong. (Since they're both around the same size in canon. I'm not saying Luke's X-wing should be a more expensive set than Slave 1)

11 hours ago, Csaba said:

Definite improvement on what we've seen before. However, I'm still not convinced by it.

It looks no better to me as a mold. I mean, it looks better from the side than it does from the front, but that's not exactly a saving grace to it. If I want to display Kuill, I don't want to have his neck snapped at a 90 degree angle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.