MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Recommended Posts

57 minutes ago, SteelRiftGaming said:

Can anyone is the 75342 republic fighter tank a lego exclusive in uk

The Disney shop has it listed (but currently out of stock). Not been in a physical Disney shop in years so no idea if they stock Lego.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, azzer86 said:

The Disney shop has it listed (but currently out of stock). Not been in a physical Disney shop in years so no idea if they stock Lego.

I thought Disney closed down all their physical shops with the exception of the ones right near the parks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes most i think are closed just didnt know the set was exclusive which sucks as nearest storr to me is liverpool which is about 3 hours from me by train and i dont drive

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Brickroll said:

Also, why was LEGOCon so unpopular last year again? I see a lot of commenters bringing it up, and I sort of remember hearing that it was particularly glitchy, which isn't great, but also seems a little unwarranting of the hate and bad name puns. Wasn't there something about how people were really mad that they officially revealed the summer wave but not the gunship or something? 

Well, for starters, about 80% of the show was Vidiyo, which almost no one wanted to see, and then for Star Wars, they only revealed sets that had already been leaked instead of revealing perhaps the Mandalorian forge or the Gunship. IMO, the only good panel was Minecraft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, AD_Bricks said:

Well, for starters, about 80% of the show was Vidiyo, which almost no one wanted to see, and then for Star Wars, they only revealed sets that had already been leaked instead of revealing perhaps the Mandalorian forge or the Gunship. IMO, the only good panel was Minecraft.

To be fair, you can't really expect lego to only do big reveals of stuff that was never leaked. Especially since the reveals are put together awhile in advance. Now I don't remember how long those sets had been leaked before the reveal, but considering stuff like the gunship leaked just days before the official unveiling, you can't expect them to get rid of all that just because it leaked online.

Overall, though, totally agree. Even looking at it as something meant for kids, legocon was awful. Connection issues, the focus on the vidiyo, which ended up being one of the biggest failures of lego in recent years, and the weird marketing. If it's meant for kids, you shouldn't market it primarily on social media.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

Sweet! Though I think Friday the 27th, no? 

Depends on the Timezone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

Sweet! Though I think Friday the 27th, no? 

My mistake, confused the date with another Saturday panel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder whether or not they'll reveal both kenobi sets. The inquisitor ship seems like a good choice, but since the duel set, I'm gonna assume, doesn't take place in the first two episodes, I wonder whether or not they'll reveal it before the episode the duel is in is released. If they don't reveal that, my guess is they reveal at least either the AT-TE (given the early reveals in the past of the AT-AT and Havoc Marauder) or the delta-7 to loosely tie into kenobi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I wonder whether or not they'll reveal both kenobi sets. The inquisitor ship seems like a good choice, but since the duel set, I'm gonna assume, doesn't take place in the first two episodes, I wonder whether or not they'll reveal it before the episode the duel is in is released. If they don't reveal that, my guess is they reveal at least either the AT-TE (given the early reveals in the past of the AT-AT and Havoc Marauder) or the delta-7 to loosely tie into kenobi.

Cad Bane's ship would also make sense, given the fact that The Bad Batch is getting its own panel the very next day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was widely reported last week that the Obi-Wan and Vader BrickHeadz set would be a Celebration exclusive, but there's been no official word as far as I know and there doesn't seem to be anywhere to enter the lottery to get it. Does anybody here have any information about it? Is it going to be at Celebration, or has it been delayed to another event, or cancelled altogether?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Cad Bane's ship would also make sense, given the fact that The Bad Batch is getting its own panel the very next day.

True, and the price point is the same as 2020's AT-AT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I wonder whether or not they'll reveal both kenobi sets. The inquisitor ship seems like a good choice, but since the duel set, I'm gonna assume, doesn't take place in the first two episodes, I wonder whether or not they'll reveal it before the episode the duel is in is released. If they don't reveal that, my guess is they reveal at least either the AT-TE (given the early reveals in the past of the AT-AT and Havoc Marauder) or the delta-7 to loosely tie into kenobi.

I feel like they'll probably reveal both of them. As you said the ship seems like a no-brainer, and while I could see them holding back the duel since it could kinda be a spoiler, the marketing has already been leaning into the fact that they are going to end up fighting. I guess they could just hold it back anyway, but it doesn't seem like the N1 situation where that ship's existence was a surprise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Meadius said:

I feel like they'll probably reveal both of them. As you said the ship seems like a no-brainer, and while I could see them holding back the duel since it could kinda be a spoiler, the marketing has already been leaning into the fact that they are going to end up fighting. I guess they could just hold it back anyway, but it doesn't seem like the N1 situation where that ship's existence was a surprise.

Even though the marketing hasn't been secretive about them fighting in general, I think it's likely they might not want our first actual look at the fight to be a Lego set. They might see it as kind of ruining the big moment if we see the setting of the fight in Lego first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another "teaser" from LEGO about LEGO Con, specifically Star Wars. If leaks hold true, given we are under a month and some reveals coming later this week, then...any day now? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

Another "teaser" from LEGO about LEGO Con, specifically Star Wars. If leaks hold true, given we are under a month and some reveals coming later this week, then...any day now? 

Maybe, maybe. We know the full wave won't be revealed at celebration, given legoCON, but it'll be at least a few sets. They've done a good job keeping images locked up so far considering some sets will be revealed literally this week, but then again every day closer to the reveal makes it more likely someone will get ahold of the images.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Maybe, maybe. We know the full wave won't be revealed at celebration, given legoCON, but it'll be at least a few sets. They've done a good job keeping images locked up so far considering some sets will be revealed literally this week, but then again every day closer to the reveal makes it more likely someone will get ahold of the images.

True, I know the game. Just getting cautiously excited. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where's the article about the Andor set Promobricks promised to drop last week? I hope we hear something soon...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like the summer sets are leaking! 
 

The star fighter looks really great and finally a Taun we!!

This set looks like great value for money!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First images of Obi-Wan's starfighter are circulating. It looks great! Taun We looks a little stubby, and I think Obi Wan would benefit from a physical cape versus a printed one, but all in all looks like a great set

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Well this is what, about a week earlier than usual? Not bad, although I doubt the rest of the wave leaks today. 

It looks pretty good. The cockpit is still a little high, but I'll probably get this one if I get the chance, I've always wanted this ship (and the last one was a little large). The figures are nice, Taun We looks good as expected, but I'd like to take a moment and say that that Obi Wan is really quite impressive, a solid figure as a whole. 

Edited by Brickroll

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As stated above, this set is  pleasant surprise.  Love having a Kaminoan as well, hopefully a couple more come now.

 

Hopefully the full wave is not too far behind, I saw the tease for the  AT-TE being shown tomorrow on someone's story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks like obi has fully brown legs with the tan part printed on. Luckily the pic of the actual fig appears to have a solid print that isn’t allowing the brown to show through. I like it a lot more than when they print gigs like ep IV obi or Owen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.