MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Never confirmed it in any way

 

i think a 212th battle pack next year to follow the trend of the dark trooper set would make a lot of sense and I could easily see it happening but I in no way confirmed it 

Thank you for clarifying! Republic Studs said; and I quote, that he "confirmed it" with you, so he worded it in a way that's really misleading, that's scummy of him...

 

21 minutes ago, HatBricks said:

Cody's visor piece is also the same as the 2008 one.

This is great because since it's not a new piece it means the new helmet will accept other accessories like an antenna. I was worried they would make a new shape for them to plug into.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SillySeeker said:

Thank you for clarifying! Republic Studs said; and I quote, that he "confirmed it" with you, so he worded it in a way that's really misleading, that's scummy of him...

This is great because since it's not a new piece it means the new helmet will accept other accessories like an antenna. I was worried they would make a new shape for them to plug into.

Republic studs appears to me like if all the MandR stereotypes were cranked up to 11, with no actual sources to back it up. I get the whole thing where having an internet personality like that appeals to a section of youtube, and maybe he's a great guy in real life, but I cannot stand the man's channel.

Yeah, I'm glad as well. This really makes me think that rex could be in the pipeline for 2023-2024. If they only intended to use this for cody, they could easily just have created a new mold with the visor in it, so this means that at the very least, they're keeping their options open.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The 212th battle pack sounds like perfect outrage bait.  Either it happens and people who are guessing it will happen now (since I highly doubt any reliable insiders are leaking info this early for 2023, I can't remember any time we've gotten 1HY info sooner than, like, September) can use this as "credibility" and become leakers or something, or if it doesn't happen, people will use this as a reason to get mad at LEGO for...failing to deliver on something that was never confirmed to begin with?

Basically, it reminds me of the whole Cody in the UCS Gunship debacle.  For whatever reason, a bunch of Instagram/Youtube people kept putting custom P2 Cody figures in their thumbnails for videos relating to the Gunship, when that was never ever confirmed or even rumored other than just people speculating, and it resulted in that whole uproar, because people kept seeing the clickbait and taking that as news.

Edited by Kit Figsto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, HatBricks said:

Cody's visor piece is also the same as the 2008 one.

I wonder if that means we get 4 (potentially printed?) orange visors and 4 orange rangefinders?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kit Figsto said:

(since I highly doubt any reliable insiders are leaking info this early for 2023, I can't remember any time we've gotten 1HY info sooner than, like, September)

The only time I can remember where a list appeared incredibly early was in 2015, when the 1HY 2016 set list surfaced in like June, or was it May even? Nobody bought it because it was so laughably early :laugh: Cue the surprised Pikachu face when some of the sets were then revealed at SDCC *oh2*

I doubt this ever happens again though. If I recall correctly, the source of that particular leak was burned forever as a consequence. Plus, the leak manager at TLG is doing a good job

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Todo will be one piece says Promo bricks.

Darn. I always prefer brick-built figures for anything that can be brick-built. I don't care too much (I wasn't gonna buy the set anyway, and it's generally easier to brick-build an animal/droid that was molded than to custom mold an animal/droid that was brick-built), but it is kind of annoying, if for nothing else than most TODO mocs would really benefit from a printed face.

3 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

The 212th battle pack sounds like perfect outrage bait.  Either it happens and people who are guessing it will happen now (since I highly doubt any reliable insiders are leaking info this early for 2023, I can't remember any time we've gotten 1HY info sooner than, like, September) can use this as "credibility" and become leakers or something, or if it doesn't happen, people will use this as a reason to get mad at LEGO for...failing to deliver on something that was never confirmed to begin with?

Basically, it reminds me of the whole Cody in the UCS Gunship debacle.  For whatever reason, a bunch of Instagram/Youtube people kept putting custom P2 Cody figures in their thumbnails for videos relating to the Gunship, when that was never ever confirmed or even rumored other than just people speculating, and it resulted in that whole uproar, because people kept seeing the clickbait and taking that as news.

The "set you can assume is somewhat likely already is definately coming" is one of the fake leaker's best weapons, right there alongside "piggyback off existing leaks adding a likely but minor detail" and "say something people really want is coming to get them on the hopium". And like you say, P2 cody in the gunship was a perfect example, where logic (Cody was not present at the battle of geonosis in his P2 armor), is overridden by people just wanting it to be true, and as such MandR and others were putting out their "P2 cody CoNfIrMeD for gunship?!?!?!?!" videos on a daily basis.

2 hours ago, AD_Bricks said:

I wonder if that means we get 4 (potentially printed?) orange visors and 4 orange rangefinders?

That would be awesome! If for no other reason than that it'd cheapen the cost of orange visors, and if the 212th troopers have the updated helmet, it'd make it easy to make a budget cody (Hey, it wouldn't be perfect, but I'm not spending $80 on BL or $140 for a vehicle I have).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there are a couple things that got glossed over from the Q&A, here are a couple:

--We should see the sets by the end of the month, or at least they predict that we will

--NED will have a new mold

--The clones will have the same printing style as the 2020 ones, and the helmet looks quite similar to the old one

--Kenobi and Vader are based off of Kenobi, which I think we knew

--Inquisitor does not have his helmet

--Pretty much everything about the Cad Bane is new, and other than the hat, it sounds like a solid figure. The lack of arm printing doesn't really bother me, although it would be nice in that set

--The Justifier has a solid build, but it's not an amazing set because of the price and figs--This actually excites me. I dislike the price, but if the build is good, I might actually get it, considering it's gonna be about the scale of a Falcon

--The Kenobi diorama does not look very good, sort of a pile of gray bricks

--Omega, Fennec, and Darth Vader have arm printing

--Taun We looks pretty good

--There is sort of an implication Omega does not have a new mold, but that may be reading between the lines when there is nothing there

There is a high chance I got something wrong or repeated something from earlier, so you can correct me if there is a mistake.

I'm getting pretty psyched for this wave, really. The AT-TE is a definite buy if it looks good, so I'm pretty sold on that. The starfighter is a maybe--I have always wanted one, but I haven't gotten a set of that size for a while. I'm leaning towards the Justifier if I can find it cheap, it actually sounds pretty cool, provided it has a reasonable interior. I'm leaning towards a no on the Kenobi sets, they just don't sound particularly fascinating, but the Scythe could be cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Brickroll said:

I think there are a couple things that got glossed over from the Q&A, here are a couple:

--We should see the sets by the end of the month, or at least they predict that we will

We know they're going to reveal some sets at the LEGO panel at Celebration, so that may be what they're thinking of.

2 hours ago, Brickroll said:

--Inquisitor does not have his helmet

Hoo boy. And I thought sw0622 was expensive now...

2 hours ago, Brickroll said:

--There is sort of an implication Omega does not have a new mold, but that may be reading between the lines when there is nothing there

She doesn't need one, IMO. The TCW Palpatine hairpiece is already really close to accurate. She just needs face printing with the brooch thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

She doesn't need one, IMO. The TCW Palpatine hairpiece is already really close to accurate. She just needs face printing with the brooch thing.

It probably won't be that version of Omega though, she takes of the 'brooch thing' and ruffles her hair long before Cad shows up.

That said when I was looking at promo brick's q and a, I didn't get the impression that she would have a new part, and if she were to get one I'd think the bow would be more likely than a hairpiece but new hairpieces is good if it does happen but I think they'll probably use the ANH Luke hair for her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Yeah, I'm glad as well. This really makes me think that rex could be in the pipeline for 2023-2024. If they only intended to use this for cody, they could easily just have created a new mold with the visor in it, so this means that at the very least, they're keeping their options open.

More than a potential Rex mini-fig I think it points to a republic variant of Crosshair in the future cause his helmet never made sense without a new p2 mold with holes and his republic outfit is the one big D+ era SW character I can think of that we haven't gotten (outside Omega).

8 hours ago, Brickroll said:

I think there are a couple things that got glossed over from the Q&A, here are a couple:

--We should see the sets by the end of the month, or at least they predict that we will

--NED will have a new mold

--The clones will have the same printing style as the 2020 ones, and the helmet looks quite similar to the old one

--Inquisitor does not have his helmet

 --There is sort of an implication Omega does not have a new mold, but that may be reading between the lines when there is nothing there

The clones looking similar to the 2020 models is something I'm really happy/supportive of cause I hate when figs from the same armies look drastically different. The changes to the Stormtrooper every 2 years make it hard to have an army that looks like they fit together since they don't keep a constant design and is the best example of what I think needs changing.

I'm not sure if it's just me but why would Omega even need a new mold. Her hair, torso, and legs could be variants of young Anakin and Luke's hair in a diff color and I doubt TLG would do a special one-time mold for her bow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.effee658428639370b8b13ced5125dbf.png

Image in spoiler to take up less space. Star Wars reveals confirmed for LEGO Con. I assume this means that they'll be revealing the August sets like last year (even though they will probably already have leaked by then), except the Kenobi sets cuz we nearly know for sure those are being revealed during Celebration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kidtheboss611 said:

More than a potential Rex mini-fig I think it points to a republic variant of Crosshair in the future cause his helmet never made sense without a new p2 mold with holes and his republic outfit is the one big D+ era SW character I can think of that we haven't gotten (outside Omega).

Good idea! The P2 mould doesn‘t capture the elongated shape of his helmet perfectly, but it‘s close enough :classic: Hope we‘ll get that minifig next year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

Right, but there is a white marking design on it. I should have clarified, if that printing will be on it (still orange base color) or will it just be plain? I think the printing really makes the visor, but that's just me. Probably asking for too much and not a deal breaker at all. 

Oh, yeah, I see it now!
Never noticed the white marking before :blush:
It definitely would be nice if they added that to it, but in my opinion by no means necessary.

Glad to hear there will be SW reveals at LEGOCon too :sweet: 

Regards,
Mitch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know, I don't particularly think Omega needs a new mold either, but I have seen a fair few people saying so. Then again, I also see people saying we need new molds for almost every character we get, so maybe this was not the exception.

Also, why was LEGOCon so unpopular last year again? I see a lot of commenters bringing it up, and I sort of remember hearing that it was particularly glitchy, which isn't great, but also seems a little unwarranting of the hate and bad name puns. Wasn't there something about how people were really mad that they officially revealed the summer wave but not the gunship or something? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Brickroll said:

 

--NED will have a new mold

What is “NED”?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

You know, I don't particularly think Omega needs a new mold either, but I have seen a fair few people saying so. Then again, I also see people saying we need new molds for almost every character we get, so maybe this was not the exception.

Also, why was LEGOCon so unpopular last year again? I see a lot of commenters bringing it up, and I sort of remember hearing that it was particularly glitchy, which isn't great, but also seems a little unwarranting of the hate and bad name puns. Wasn't there something about how people were really mad that they officially revealed the summer wave but not the gunship or something? 

I was not a person who cared in the slightest, but yes, the reveals of sets we had already seen made people mad I guess, and I think full grown adults were expecting an event that was less tailored to children and teens than it was. Lego is definitely embracing their adult community these days but at the end of the day Lego is a children's toy first, hobby second soooo I don't know why people set such high bars all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

Also, why was LEGOCon so unpopular last year again? I see a lot of commenters bringing it up, and I sort of remember hearing that it was particularly glitchy, which isn't great, but also seems a little unwarranting of the hate and bad name puns. Wasn't there something about how people were really mad that they officially revealed the summer wave but not the gunship or something? 

Partially, people were expecting the gunship reveal (based on really...nothing) though it would have been a nice move. The sets that were revealed were leaked previously, so individuals were upset at that. I am not saying I agree with it, just my understanding of the situation. 

Hope to see AT-TE or starfighter at LEGO Con (or Celebration) but that appears to be Kenobi specific. Less excited about the duel set, but all for saving money! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Brickroll said:

You know, I don't particularly think Omega needs a new mold either, but I have seen a fair few people saying so. Then again, I also see people saying we need new molds for almost every character we get, so maybe this was not the exception.

I tend to agree that not every character needs a mold, even if oftentimes they'd be appreciated, but in this case I do think the requests are a little more warranted. If Lego is going to make a character exclusive to a massively overpriced ship (with two repeat minifigures to boot), I would hope they go all out on them. I don't think it was realistic to expect a new hair piece for her, but it would have made the Justifier a little bit of a better deal.

Edited by Meadius
Minor spelling mistake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TBD said:

What is “NED”?

The humanoid droid from the first trailer that had aurebesh on it's torso spelling out "NED". Looks like some sort of mining droid or something, which fits with it's minifigure appearing in a lava-based playset.

 

Re whether or not Omega needs a new mold: I don't think so. MAYBE for the bow, but definately not for her hair. ANH Luke's hair works fine. The real question in my opinion is, why does she need arm printing? Is it for how the bow sort of extends along her arm? I don't remember her having any real details on her arms warranting arm printing, especially warranting it more than Cad Bane, who really does need it for his gauntlets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AD_Bricks said:

except the Kenobi sets cuz we nearly know for sure those are being revealed during Celebration.

Do we? Has anyone confirmed that?

If so, that's really exciting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Do we? Has anyone confirmed that?

If so, that's really exciting. 

Some sets are supposed to be revealed at that time, the prevailing thought are Kenobi based sets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

The humanoid droid from the first trailer that had aurebesh on it's torso spelling out "NED". Looks like some sort of mining droid or something, which fits with it's minifigure appearing in a lava-based playset.

 

Re whether or not Omega needs a new mold: I don't think so. MAYBE for the bow, but definately not for her hair. ANH Luke's hair works fine. The real question in my opinion is, why does she need arm printing? Is it for how the bow sort of extends along her arm? I don't remember her having any real details on her arms warranting arm printing, especially warranting it more than Cad Bane, who really does need it for his gauntlets.

Omega has navy blue sleeves, with red shoulders and red at the end of her sleeves. So it’ll probably be just some red printing on her shoulders.

Edited by QuiggoldsPegLeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.