MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

12 minutes ago, getbusybrickin said:

Any speculation about when we will get photos? LEGO just unveiled their August City line so maybe soon? 

We’ll likely see at least the Kenobi sets at Star Wars celebration which I think is on May 28th. 

Honestly really liking the sound of this wave. It's a lot of solid minifigure lineups, as well as (hopefully) builds to go with them. Given I no longer have my 2013 AT-TE, and I missed the 2017 hyperdrive, the Delta 7 and AT-TE appeal to me most, but we'll see how they all turn out as pictures show up. 

4 hours ago, getbusybrickin said:

Any speculation about when we will get photos? LEGO just unveiled their August City line so maybe soon? 

The City line is being released first in June for various countries. The US is just getting them in August.

2 hours ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Honestly really liking the sound of this wave. It's a lot of solid minifigure lineups, as well as (hopefully) builds to go with them. Given I no longer have my 2013 AT-TE, and I missed the 2017 hyperdrive, the Delta 7 and AT-TE appeal to me most, but we'll see how they all turn out as pictures show up. 

Forgive me for prodding, but anything new to report on the current UCS Razor Crest speculation?

9 hours ago, AD_Bricks said:

We’ll likely see at least the Kenobi sets at Star Wars celebration which I think is on May 28th. 

I thought it was actually May 27th, 'cause that's why the series was moved from premiering the 24th to the 27th.
But I agree an official reveal of those sets won't be long after, if not then.

Regards,
Mitch

6 hours ago, CF Mitch said:

I thought it was actually May 27th, 'cause that's why the series was moved from premiering the 24th to the 27th.

Regards,
Mitch

I think you are right on the 27th for Kenobi information. 

11 hours ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

Forgive me for prodding, but anything new to report on the current UCS Razor Crest speculation?

Nothing new at this point except promobricks said they heard some rumblings but far from concrete. 

17 hours ago, AD_Bricks said:

7 hours ago, CF Mitch said:

Regards,
Mitch

Celebration runs from the 26th to the 29th. The Lego panel where the sets are supposed to be revealed is from 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm PST on the 27th. 

4 hours ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

Celebration runs from the 26th to the 29th. The Lego panel where the sets are supposed to be revealed is from 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm PST on the 27th. 

Thanks for that! Didn't know that much, yet. Including that it's several days, not the one :innocent:
Glad to hear a reveal is pretty much guaranteed, then :sweet: 

Regards,
Mitch

Darth Maup will be in a magazine soon, whilst I already have him it is still nice to see desirable minifigs made even more accessible. 

🥱 Soooooo has anyone else heard of the 212th battlepack rumor for 2023? It's rumored by Republic Studs on youtube, he claimed that he confirmed it with his personal source and with Falcon Fan, claiming Falcon Fan is "pretty sure about it". I normally don't trust youtubers who "break rumors" but I need to cope with the fact that it's too expensive to army build with the AT TE, so I have a smidgen of hope it's coming. Y'all think there's any merit to it?

I've seen the statement going around on IG as a possibility, based on the 212th appearing in the AT-TE set, but nothing more than that.
i can't exactly recall Republic Studs' reputation as a reliable leaker, but I don't believe it's great. So he may just say 'FalconFan is pretty sure about it' to make himself seem more reliable.

Having said that, of course it's possible we get a 212th battlepack, but it's a bit early for anyone to know anything, I believe.

Regards,
Mitch

We only got the detailed descriptions of the 2HY sets a couple of weeks ago and people already claim they know about 2023 sets? :tongue: Sorry, not buying it

6 hours ago, SillySeeker said:

🥱 Soooooo has anyone else heard of the 212th battlepack rumor for 2023? It's rumored by Republic Studs on youtube, he claimed that he confirmed it with his personal source and with Falcon Fan, claiming Falcon Fan is "pretty sure about it". I normally don't trust youtubers who "break rumors" but I need to cope with the fact that it's too expensive to army build with the AT TE, so I have a smidgen of hope it's coming. Y'all think there's any merit to it?

Until I see something more reliable, this is just a guess (albeit mildly educated one). I can see it happening, but placing this under pure speculation personally until something more comes to light. 

Never confirmed it in any way

i think a 212th battle pack next year to follow the trend of the dark trooper set would make a lot of sense and I could easily see it happening but I in no way confirmed it 

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

200.gif

Not too bummed this isn’t confirmed. We’ve already had a 212th battlepack, so I’m hoping for something new :tongue:

Just now, BrickBob Studpants said:

Not too bummed this isn’t confirmed. We’ve already had a 212th battlepack, so I’m hoping for something new :tongue:

Not that the "leak" by republic studs isn't completely BS (Bricks Separated :wink:), but I wouldn't mind a 212th battle pack. They're almost as iconic as the 501st, and currently a standard 212th trooper costs more than the entire set he came in did.

7 hours ago, SillySeeker said:

Y'all think there's any merit to it?

Falconfan has, of course, proven that at the very least, republic studs is spinning "I guess it could make sense" into "one is coming next year", so I don't think this particular rumor has any merit at all, but I do think the idea of a 212th battle pack isn't out of the question. We could hypothetically see one next year, but no one reliable has let any info about any 2023 LSW sets out yet.

Promobricks dropped a little bit of new info on star wars sets on their story today.

Specifically of note,

Hunter is the same as in the 2021 set (meaning the old phase 2 helmet and not a unique mold or the new helmet for Cody), Fennic is also the same as the light cruiser (meaning the helmet not the hair)

They say the inquisitors might have new armor molds, which I guess might mean the old ones aren't coming back.

Cody's visor piece is also the same as the 2008 one.

Alot of this stuff isn't too surprising, but it's nice to have confirmation. Interesting we could see both the new and old clone helmet mold release during the same wave.

I would assume it's orange colored, right?
Personally I don't see the use of applying prints to it, instead :sceptic:

Regards,
Mitch

2 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

I would assume it's orange colored, right?
Personally I don't see the use of applying prints to it, instead :sceptic:

Regards,
Mitch

Right, but there is a white marking design on it. I should have clarified, if that printing will be on it (still orange base color) or will it just be plain? I think the printing really makes the visor, but that's just me. Probably asking for too much and not a deal breaker at all. 

Edited by McMurder_them_softly

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

i think a 212th battle pack next year to follow the trend of the dark trooper set would make a lot of sense and I could easily see it happening but I in no way confirmed it 

Thank you for clarifying! Republic Studs said; and I quote, that he "confirmed it" with you, so he worded it in a way that's really misleading, that's scummy of him...

21 minutes ago, HatBricks said:

Cody's visor piece is also the same as the 2008 one.

This is great because since it's not a new piece it means the new helmet will accept other accessories like an antenna. I was worried they would make a new shape for them to plug into.

2 hours ago, SillySeeker said:

Thank you for clarifying! Republic Studs said; and I quote, that he "confirmed it" with you, so he worded it in a way that's really misleading, that's scummy of him...

This is great because since it's not a new piece it means the new helmet will accept other accessories like an antenna. I was worried they would make a new shape for them to plug into.

Republic studs appears to me like if all the MandR stereotypes were cranked up to 11, with no actual sources to back it up. I get the whole thing where having an internet personality like that appeals to a section of youtube, and maybe he's a great guy in real life, but I cannot stand the man's channel.

Yeah, I'm glad as well. This really makes me think that rex could be in the pipeline for 2023-2024. If they only intended to use this for cody, they could easily just have created a new mold with the visor in it, so this means that at the very least, they're keeping their options open.

The 212th battle pack sounds like perfect outrage bait.  Either it happens and people who are guessing it will happen now (since I highly doubt any reliable insiders are leaking info this early for 2023, I can't remember any time we've gotten 1HY info sooner than, like, September) can use this as "credibility" and become leakers or something, or if it doesn't happen, people will use this as a reason to get mad at LEGO for...failing to deliver on something that was never confirmed to begin with?

Basically, it reminds me of the whole Cody in the UCS Gunship debacle.  For whatever reason, a bunch of Instagram/Youtube people kept putting custom P2 Cody figures in their thumbnails for videos relating to the Gunship, when that was never ever confirmed or even rumored other than just people speculating, and it resulted in that whole uproar, because people kept seeing the clickbait and taking that as news.

Edited by Kit Figsto