MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I won't stand another series full of pointless cameos, just so Filoni can shove his characters down our throats.

Really? The only major ones so far (minus Kenobi) that origin from the Filoni shows are Ahsoka, Bo-katan, and Bane, all of which had very good and logical reasons to be there :shrug_oh_well: Bo-katan is Mandalorian royalty and a former owner of the Darksaber, so having her is essential in a show about Mandalorians. Ahsoka is the only (former) Jedi around at that time besides Ezra, so including her makes sense to guide Grogu. And Cad Bane is one of Fett‘s arch nemesis, so thematically it fit perfectly to have Boba kill a representation of his past with a weapon he forged himself :laugh:

Very good wave if this all pans out. Definitely getting the AT-TE, Obi Wans Jedi Starfighter, and the Obi Wan v. Vader duel. The rest sound good, but not for my collection. 

As for the UCS Razor Crest, I would get it, but something strikes me as off about the rumor...we shall see!

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Really? The only major ones so far (minus Kenobi) that origin from the Filoni shows are Ahsoka, Bo-katan, and Bane, all of which had very good and logical reasons to be there :shrug_oh_well: Bo-katan is Mandalorian royalty and a former owner of the Darksaber, so having her is essential in a show about Mandalorians. Ahsoka is the only (former) Jedi around at that time besides Ezra, so including her makes sense to guide Grogu. And Cad Bane is one of Fett‘s arch nemesis, so thematically it fit perfectly to have Boba kill a representation of his past with a weapon he forged himself :laugh:

Bo-Katan and Boba Fett were great in The Mandalorian. But Ahsoka? It could have been any other character. The whole episode in Season 2 was one big "LOOK! It's Ahsoka, and she's looking for Thrawn! Just what till you see her series!"

I also hated how Luke undermined the whole ending of Season 2. He doesn't even act like Luke. The whole original Trilogy was about how Luke's Friend's were his greatest strength, yet this version literally says the opposite (later making Grogu choose between relationships and being a jedi). Worst Star Wars thing ever imo.

Don't even get me started on The Book of Boba Fett. A whole episode with The Mandalorian? Didn't like it at all, but if it was just one episode, and then back to Boba, fine. But then they made a whole episode with Luke and Grogu, IN A BOBA FETT SERIES!

Ahsoka in this episode was genuinely the most pointless and unnecessary cameo I've ever seen. What was she doing there? What purpose was she there for? It was a certified Filoni moment.

I liked Cad Bane, but the fact that they introduced him so late really made it much less interesting than it could have been.

19 hours ago, Brickroll said:

That I know of, there are two:

The more reliable one is @NoOneOfImportance, who I don't believe has had many major scoops, but he's been pretty accurate with his stuff in the past, not to mention seems fairly credible--you know, keeps track of all upcoming leaks on Instagram, moderately well established, and comes off as an all around nice guy.

The original, but less reliable source is Republic Studs (NOT Republic Bricks, that guy is much worse), who is rather controversial. I don't watch many of his videos, but I pay attention to the major players on Instagram, and he comes off as a bit of a jerk and a bigot. He is sort of MandR taken to the max, plus he uses a lot of the clickbait tactics--just take a look at the thumbnails for his videos. 

Thanks for the info. I'm very sceptical of the rumour still, way too many things at play for now

19 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

It just seems like a very odd thing, if true to me.  If this is true, it would be the 4th most expensive SW set of all time, behind the second UCS Falcon, the UCS Star Destroyer, and UCS AT-AT, and is $30 more than the original UCS Falcon and the re-released version of the Death Star.  I know the Mandalorian is popular, but is a ship that's only been around for two years and got blown up midway through the second season (and appears to have been replaced by the N-1, rather than the show somehow resurrecting it/giving him a new version of the Razor Crest) really on par with the Falcon and Death Star in terms of popularity and actual viability for a set that expensive?  

Also, that thing would be absolutely massive.  Probably the size of the UCS Gunship but with a full interior, I'd imagine?  I still think it's going to be another version of the Death Star, this just seems way too out of left field, especially considering how it took them almost a decade to go back to making prequel UCS stuff.  I can't see them going from "these are a risk because the older ones didn't sell" to "let's make a $500+ UCS based off of a TV show when we've never done TV-based UCS sets at all!"

I second this line of thought. For 530$ the thing should be massive. In my opinion, way too massive and frankly unnecessary at this point unless there's something in the plot of S3 that could turn this around 

4 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

A good wave. Feel like it needs an extra set though, probably another cheap one in the £20-£30 range. 

Uncle Owen's battle stilts

1804 parts : 1 Minifig : £17.99 / $ 24.99 / € 19.99

Uncle Owen with 2 stilts, made of 900 1x1 studs under each leg.

3 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

A good wave. Feel like it needs an extra set though, probably another cheap one in the £20-£30 range. 

I would assume there's more. This wave has been getting revealed very piecemeal and is currently at what? 7 sets, compared to the usual 10ish?, so I'd guess at the very least there's a retailer exclusive or two on the way.

3 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Is this a reference to something? It's a good joke nonetheless (I respect the correct piece count), but I wouldn't be surprised if this was real in legends.

6 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Bo-Katan and Boba Fett were great in The Mandalorian. But Ahsoka? It could have been any other character. The whole episode in Season 2 was one big "LOOK! It's Ahsoka, and she's looking for Thrawn! Just what till you see her series!"

I also hated how Luke undermined the whole ending of Season 2. He doesn't even act like Luke. The whole original Trilogy was about how Luke's Friend's were his greatest strength, yet this version literally says the opposite (later making Grogu choose between relationships and being a jedi). Worst Star Wars thing ever imo.

I feel really bad for people hyping S2 - it reminds me of the praise EP VII got, when I already saw a sinking ship. I respect a lot of what Dave Filoni has done, but when before he has expressed many times how important the significance of a cameo on the main story and the main cast is - this was thrown out of the window with Ahsoka and Thrawn. It's a shame because he did this kind of cameo stuff quite sensitive in Rebels. People wanted Rebels to become the Ahsoka and Rex show. No, they didn't because it wasn't their story. You couldn't shove it in to advertise some future stuff thay may never come. Ahsoka came only when it made sense and did only what made sense within the story of Rebels.

And yeah - Filoni among others is a student of George Lucas. Which means all the (I'm sorry) botched prequel stuff is coming back. I mean Luke talking to a green toy baby and offering a weapon wasn't adult writing anyway. But when all the "don't do Sex" stuff was coming back, my eyes rolled back even further. It's so bad how anyone is botching the beautiful character of Luke, for their own weird projections. I am sceptical of actors taking control of their role - but Mark Hamil for sure would have done a better job, if he wrote Luke himself.

Edited by Kim-Kwang-Seok

46 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

It's so bad how anyone is botching the beautiful character of Luke, for their own weird projections. I am sceptical of actors taking control of their role - but Mark Hamil for sure would have done a better job, if he wrote Luke himself.

2017 called... :laugh:

LkyIUBp.jpg

8 hours ago, Alpha Draconis said:

I second this line of thought. For 530$ the thing should be massive. In my opinion, way too massive and frankly unnecessary at this point unless there's something in the plot of S3 that could turn this around 

It would also just be way, way, way out of character for LEGO.  I know people often say that there's no rhyme or reason for what LEGO does and doesn't do, but there's generally fairly consistent in why they choose to make certain sets or not, even if certain decisions like minifigures being included or left out can seem odd to us outside of the company.  But, this would be so far out of left field that it just seems so unlikely.  It's one thing to make a $150 Justifier, where it's a weird choice but $150 isn't insane.  It's another to make the fourth largest SW set ever and go completely off the board with it.

1 hour ago, Kit Figsto said:

It would also just be way, way, way out of character for LEGO.  I know people often say that there's no rhyme or reason for what LEGO does and doesn't do, but there's generally fairly consistent in why they choose to make certain sets or not, even if certain decisions like minifigures being included or left out can seem odd to us outside of the company.  But, this would be so far out of left field that it just seems so unlikely.  It's one thing to make a $150 Justifier, where it's a weird choice but $150 isn't insane.  It's another to make the fourth largest SW set ever and go completely off the board with it.

I haven't posted here in probably at least a year, so I have a lot of stuff to catch up on, but I just wanted to chime in here: I think it's possible that LEGO didn't know that the Razor Crest was going to be destroyed in season 2, and that they were banking on riding the massive hype train of The Mandalorian, and that they didn't want to throw away the massive investment of designing and producing a $530 set. The fact that it's the fourth largest Star Wars set is almost a coincidence at this point, I think, as LEGO sets in general get more and more expensive. I don't mean that they are worse value brick by brick or for "volume of stuff," I just mean that the sets are literally getting larger and therefore having higher price tags. I personally think it's far more plausible than an MBS from the Prequels, especially after the lackluster marketing and (apparently) performance of the Republic Gunship.

Also, I am extremely excited for an affordable Jedi Starfighter set, but I really hope it will have the proper landing gear that hasn't appeared in any set since 2002!

The AT-TE also sounds pretty nice, but I don't think fancy clones are an excuse for such a high price.

Edited by RogueTwo

15 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

I haven't posted here in probably at least a year, so I have a lot of stuff to catch up on, but I just wanted to chime in here: I think it's possible that LEGO didn't know that the Razor Crest was going to be destroyed in season 2, and that they were banking on riding the massive hype train of The Mandalorian, and that they didn't want to throw away the massive investment of designing and producing a $530 set.

I don't think that tracks. Even if LEGO didn't know before it 'happened', Season 2 finished filming more than two years ago. The development cycle for these sets is long but not that long, and certainly not long enough that two years ago they had already invested so much effort that they weren't willing to cut it.

Edited by Kdapt-Preacher

3 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

The fact that it's the fourth largest Star Wars set is almost a coincidence at this point, I think, as LEGO sets in general get more and more expensive. I don't mean that they are worse value brick by brick or for "volume of stuff," I just mean that the sets are literally getting larger and therefore having higher price tags. I personally think it's far more plausible than an MBS from the Prequels, especially after the lackluster marketing and (apparently) performance of the Republic Gunship.

There could be something to this; the original UCS Falcon was for a long time the biggest Lego set in any theme by far, but nowadays we've got Titanic, the Coliseum, Hogwarts, football stadiums, an even bigger Falcon ... it could be that along with the 'Adults Welcome' advertising there's just a trend towards sets with gigantic piece counts becoming much more common rather than one-offs that only appear every few years.

Also, Razor Crest refers to the class of the ship right? So it’s very plausible he gets a new one after a brief stint with the N1 for plot reasons (“get me another Razor Crest”). And a $530 Razor Crest doesn’t sound so bad if it’s a full interior one. At 5000 pieces it could be highly detailed with greebling both on the inside and outside, including living quarters, carbon freezing room, hallways, etc. I wouldn’t mind shelling out $530 for that to be honest.

Didn't they also have problems with copyright with the Razor Crest name in several countries? I wonder how that would impact the set name, because I would assume that they would try to give in the name of the actual ship in the case of a UCS, instead of the generic "The Mandalorian Bounty Hunter Transport".

7 minutes ago, CodFather1 said:

"The Mandalorian Bounty Hunter Transport"

*Din Djarin’s Starship

14 minutes ago, CodFather1 said:

Didn't they also have problems with copyright with the Razor Crest name in several countries? I wonder how that would impact the set name, because I would assume that they would try to give in the name of the actual ship in the case of a UCS, instead of the generic "The Mandalorian Bounty Hunter Transport".

Yeah, they did, apparently it was some fake LEGO company that stole the design of someone's MOC LEGO Razor Crest and sold it as a product. However, they seem to have solved that issue in its entirety at this point, so I don't think it would affect the name of the supposed UCS one. They still haven't put the pictures of the box (the box that says "Razor Crest" on it) on the LSAH listing though.

Also, the AT-TE is by far the set I'm most excited for coming up in the august wave. So many good things about it, and it will make a fine addition to my collection. When was the last time we got 8 figures in a regular playscale Star Wars set?

Edited by AD_Bricks

22 minutes ago, AD_Bricks said:

Yeah, they did, apparently it was some fake LEGO company that stole the design of someone's MOC LEGO Razor Crest and sold it as a product. However, they seem to have solved that issue in its entirety at this point, so I don't think it would affect the name of the supposed UCS one. They still haven't put the pictures of the box (the box that says "Razor Crest" on it) on the LSAH listing though.

Ah yes, I just read Stonewar's article on the subject, and the trademark was resolved by February 2021, which would have theoretically been enough time to design the set.

14 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

I haven't posted here in probably at least a year, so I have a lot of stuff to catch up on, but I just wanted to chime in here: I think it's possible that LEGO didn't know that the Razor Crest was going to be destroyed in season 2, and that they were banking on riding the massive hype train of The Mandalorian, and that they didn't want to throw away the massive investment of designing and producing a $530 set. The fact that it's the fourth largest Star Wars set is almost a coincidence at this point, I think, as LEGO sets in general get more and more expensive. I don't mean that they are worse value brick by brick or for "volume of stuff," I just mean that the sets are literally getting larger and therefore having higher price tags. I personally think it's far more plausible than an MBS from the Prequels, especially after the lackluster marketing and (apparently) performance of the Republic Gunship.

Also, I am extremely excited for an affordable Jedi Starfighter set, but I really hope it will have the proper landing gear that hasn't appeared in any set since 2002!

The AT-TE also sounds pretty nice, but I don't think fancy clones are an excuse for such a high price.

As it looks to me both PT based MBS and Mandalorian based UCS, are a bit risky buisness. However any MBS feels more plausible for now as its still is the trend until furthur notice. 

Welcome back btw. Me myself have not been so active either since the start of 2021.

The local Lego store smartly didn’t put the C3PO on the display of the store’s Landspeeder.

1 hour ago, TBD said:

The local Lego store smartly didn’t put the C3PO on the display of the store’s Landspeeder.

How do you know if it wasn’t stolen already? Either a smart move or a bad move disguised as one :)

On 5/9/2022 at 12:38 PM, Agent Kallus said:

lol. I would buy that.

Edited by Warlord Sieck

I really hope that the Phase 2 Commander Cody minifig ends up looking almost exactly like his LEGO TSS model because it uses the 2014-style realistic printing for the helmet, though I would love the torso to be realistic-styled too. Additionally, I hope his jet-pack isn't just printed onto his back. If it isn't, we could at least just use a CAC jetpack and have the detail be 3D rather than just printed on like the kamas on the 187th Airborne from the Republic Fighter Tank set.  However, I am not going to hold my breath, as it is most likely that they are going to go for a slightly modified 2020 template for Cody. It's a shame, because, minus the lack of helmet holes for attachments, the 2014 template was perfect. LEGO really shouldn't have ditched it for yet another template, thus making it increasingly hard to army build due to all of the different templates coming out every few years.