MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

1 hour ago, AD_Bricks said:

Also, still no fighter tanks in Australia anywhere besides LSAH, not even physical LEGO stores, which we can usually count on to get sets on release day or rarely before. 

I’d be keeping my eye on Amazon for the fighter tank if you don’t want to get it now from S@H, Amazon has been good for Star Wars sets this year. I don’t expect to be able to find the tank at major retailers like Kmart, Big W, Target, Myer etc. I rarely if ever see clone wars sets in person anymore. Supply issues are real for the 501st set, AAT, Gauntlet fighter, phase I blister pack etc… very hard to find the good stuff in this country. 

Also, still no fighter tanks in Australia anywhere besides LSAH, not even physical LEGO stores, which we can usually count on to get sets on release day or rarely before. 

I’d be keeping my eye on Amazon for the fighter tank if you don’t want to get it now from S@H, Amazon has been good for Star Wars sets this year. I don’t expect to be able to find the tank at major retailers like Kmart, Big W, Target, Myer etc. I rarely if ever see clone wars sets in person anymore. Supply issues are real for the 501st set, AAT, Gauntlet fighter, phase I blister pack etc… very hard to find the good stuff in this country. 

Ok, hear me out… but what if the AT-TE is so expensive because it’s gonna have Obi-Wan’s blue interceptor with it?

Edit: Actually, not a chance since they’re already doing his starfighter. 

Edited by AD_Bricks

Ok, hear me out… but what if the AT-TE is so expensive because it’s gonna have Obi-Wan’s blue interceptor with it?

I think it is far more likely to have a molded Varactyl in the the set, as it would explain the awful Price per Piece ratio, though given the expectations versus the reality of Boba's palace earlier this year, I doubt Lego would be that kind.

4 hours ago, AD_Bricks said:

I think it’s probably just inflation honestly. The last AT-TE (Captain Rex’s from Rebels) was $120 for about 100 pieces less. This one is going to be bigger snd also come with a side build this time around. Plus, if the Cody speculation is true, part of the budget is probably going towards a new helmet mold.

3 hours ago, CodFather1 said:

I think it is far more likely to have a molded Varactyl in the the set, as it would explain the awful Price per Piece ratio, though given the expectations versus the reality of Boba's palace earlier this year, I doubt Lego would be that kind.

As much as I like the idea, wouldn’t we already know about it? :laugh: I doubt our informants would’ve spotted the droid or the minifig selection while completely missing Boga :tongue:

Review embargoes for UCS Landspeeder have been lifted and there are a bunch of them out there. Watching a few of them have really endeared the thing to me. It looks really good - colors, shape, accuracy, etc. I think they had enough requests for this that they felt they had to release it at some point. Now that it's on the market, I really feel they will begin mixing UCS prequel sets into the lineup soon. There just aren't a ton of OT sets left to remake or release 1st time - Vader's TIE, TIE Interceptor, TIE Bomber, Nebulon-B, AT-ST, Imperial Shuttle and... I think that's it?

8 minutes ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

Review embargoes for UCS Landspeeder have been lifted and there are a bunch of them out there. Watching a few of them have really endeared the thing to me. It looks really good - colors, shape, accuracy, etc. I think they had enough requests for this that they felt they had to release it at some point. Now that it's on the market, I really feel they will begin mixing UCS prequel sets into the lineup soon. There just aren't a ton of OT sets left to remake or release 1st time - Vader's TIE, TIE Interceptor, TIE Bomber, Nebulon-B, AT-ST, Imperial Shuttle and... I think that's it?

Agreed, I've been up and down about the Landspeeder. At first I was into the idea, seemed cool to have a UCS set of a civilian vehicle as a change, but seeing the images I was underwhelmed. Now New Elementary's review (which wasn't entirely complimentary) has me swinging back to liking it. I think some mods could make it a really outstanding model. 

I'm ready for some more PT UCS for sure, and I'm not really a huge prequel fan. Just feeling a bit burn out by the "same-old" stuff these days.

1 hour ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

I am personally waiting/hoping for Vader's Tie, Imperial Shuttle and a B-Wing. After that, between existing UCS, and MOC's I think I would be done!

Not really groundbreaking, but new Lego Star Wars sets are going to be unveiled at Lego’s own panel at Star Wars Celebration on May 27th. I’m not sure if we’ll just see a few sets or the whole wave but there’s something to look forward to!

3 hours ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

There just aren't a ton of OT sets left to remake or release 1st time - Vader's TIE, TIE Interceptor, TIE Bomber, Nebulon-B, AT-ST, Imperial Shuttle and... I think that's it?

Cloud Car, GR-75 Medium Transport, MC-80 Mon Calamari Cruiser, Home One, Imperial Landing Craft.

But that's really scraping the bottom of the barrel...

15 minutes ago, The Stud said:

Not really groundbreaking, but new Lego Star Wars sets are going to be unveiled at Lego’s own panel at Star Wars Celebration on May 27th. I’m not sure if we’ll just see a few sets or the whole wave but there’s something to look forward to!

Hopefully that AT-TE since it would be good with the Obi-Wan show release (if rumors are true) and that we know a fair amount about it more than the other sets. It could leak even sooner! As sets are want to do. Additionally, makes me think, since watching BrickWiz's N-1 box reveal, he made a point of something else it could be and he would not be able to show it...maybe this is another clue. Or I am just wearing my tinfoil hat again... 

1 hour ago, The Stud said:

Good to know! I'd imagine the kenobi sets, since they're really hyping kenobi and the kenobi/celebration connection to the point of delaying the show a few days to let people at Celebration see it first. If we're lucky, they'll show off the other sets with Kenobi in them, maybe the whole wave, but I'm keeping my expectations to just the sets based on the show.

Having seen the dioramas in person for the first time I’m impressed with the detail on the trench run. I may pick that one up, 

I know I rarely follow this thread but not THAT closely. So please forgive me if i have a dumb question…

I notice that there are no molded characters/creatures, such as Jabba the Hutt and Taurtaur. I checked Bricklink and I notice they haven’t used since early 2010s (I may be wrong). So I wonder why these molded characters/creatures anymore? 

8 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I know I rarely follow this thread but not THAT closely. So please forgive me if i have a dumb question…

I notice that there are no molded characters/creatures, such as Jabba the Hutt and Taurtaur. I checked Bricklink and I notice they haven’t used since early 2010s (I may be wrong). So I wonder why these molded characters/creatures anymore? 

There was a Dewback in the Cantina in 2020. We do get them from time to time, they just very occasionally pop up due to how expensive they can be to produce. Nothing released this year so far has really warranted using them either. 

Edited by Willsy

11 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Recently there was a Dewback in the Cantina however I don't believe there's been anything else. I've also noticed they seem reluctant to include molded creatures, the vehicle and locations Lego have chosen for sets usually don't leave alot of room for molded creatures, besides the Tauntaun microfighter I guess.

Since we're on this topic I'd love to see the molded Kaadu's from 2000 return in another gungan set or battlepack, probably will never happen however. :(

2 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Besides the recent dewback that was already mentioned, the last molded tauntaun was just in 2016, and there haven’t been any large Hoth Rebel sets since then. All the more recent Hoth sets have been Imperial-focused, like the AT-AT, or ones like the Medical Chamber that wouldn’t make any sense to have a tauntaun, so we have no reason to think that they wouldn’t include another one the next time they make Echo Base or something related. Similarly, there’s never been a Sail Barge or Jabba’s Palace without Jabba, except for the obvious recent one that’s set after he was dead. Presumably he’ll be back as soon as there’s a set that’s appropriate to include him in.

14 hours ago, The Stud said:

They jinxed it, no way they won‘t leak beforehand now :laugh_hard: 

Regardless, I agree that the two Kenobi sets are the likeliest candidates!

Star Wars™ Toys
One of the most popular franchises in the world, Star Wars™, has been one with the Force since 1977 – and our LEGO® Star Wars™ sets bring the "galaxy far, far away" much closer. With your favourite LEGO® Star Wars™ sets, you can join the Jedi or the Sith and battle between the light and dark side of The Force whilst recreating scenes from the films with all of your favourite characters such as Luke Skywalker, Yoda, Grogu, Darth Vader, Emperor Palpatine, Princess Leia, Han Solo, Chewbacca, R2-D2, C-3PO and more. Or, for more skilled builders, you can create your own Star Wars™ helmet, Millennium Falcon™, Imperial Star Destroyer™ or AT-AT™. With Star Wars™ buildable construction toys and LEGO Star Wars™ minifigures based on classic comic books and action-packed films such as the Skywalker saga films and TV programmes such as The Mandalorian, Droids, Star Wars: The Clone Wars and The Book of Boba Fett, our exciting collection contains the best gifts for kids aged 6+ and adult collectors who love all things Star Wars™.Show Less

This was taken word for word, pasted for m Lego.com.

I don't think it means anything and I wouldn't want them to waste 'slots' in the product line for it but it says 

With Star Wars™ buildable construction toys and LEGO Star Wars™ minifigures based on classic comic books and action-packed films such as the Skywalker saga films and TV programmes such as The Mandalorian, Droids, Star Wars: The Clone Wars and The Book of Boba Fett, our exciting collection contains the best gifts for kids aged 6+ and adult collectors who love all things Star Wars™.Show Less

But we don't have any star wars sets based on the 70s comic or the droids TV show. 

Just to clarify, I do not think this means that sets based on these star wars properties are coming but I did find it interesting that they were listed at all. 

And it doesn't mention Video Games despite the recent battlefront sets and rumoured JFO set. Nor does it mention 'The Bad Batch' or the non-skywalker saga films.

55 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

I don't think it means anything and I wouldn't want them to waste 'slots' in the product line for it but it says 

But we don't have any star wars sets based on the 70s comic or the droids TV show. 

Just to clarify, I do not think this means that sets based on these star wars properties are coming but I did find it interesting that they were listed at all. 

And it doesn't mention Video Games despite the recent battlefront sets and rumoured JFO set. Nor does it mention 'The Bad Batch' or the non-skywalker saga films.

Interesting, but it probably means nothing like when the Batman Beyond trademark was listed on the DC page. 

Was just looking on Costco's US website.  The have Jabba's palace set for $64.99.   and in store it is $59.99.  That is one heck of a discount if you ask me. 

Edited by MSY-MSP

6 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Wonder if by "classic comic books" they could be referring to the new Tales of the Jedi anthology series if it's based on Veitch's comics from Dark Horse. I could see them potentially doing a small set or two next year at some point. 

5 hours ago, MSY-MSP said:

Was just looking on Costco's US website.  The have Jabba's palace set for $64.99.   and in store it is $59.99.  That is one heck of a discount if you ask me. 

Yep, I had someone go hunting for me and they found a ton of the Palace and a few copies left of the Dark Trooper Attack. I had them get me two of each for a total of $160, which is a pretty good deal in my book.

As someone who’s been really into the Star Wars comics recently (albeit the newer Marvel ones, not really the older ones referenced here), I would love it if we got some Lego stuff based on those, or at least a few figures. I wouldn’t read too much into that description though unfortunately.

Just received the fighter tank this morning. Overall a pretty good set! Minifigs are great, the tank is actually a nice build, the worst part about it is the gap between the canopy piece. I do think there was a missed opportunity to bring back the seat-raising function from the original version though, I'm sure they could have worked it in. All in all though I'm happy with it and I think I prefer it to the 2017 version.