MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

26 minutes ago, Displayedaction said:

Did they widen the visor just a bit on the clones ?Could be the angle but it looks more stretched across the helmet like how the ones in the skywalker saga game look.I like it if so.

In the leaked images of the clones it doesn't look like that, it could be a box issue

I knew it! I said the tank would look better when we got a better look at it! This thing is bloody awesome, above and beyond my expectations. I love the fact that it has 6 figs, as well as space for at least 2/3 of the troops inside but most likely more because of the awesome exit ramp in the back!

10 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

people are so reactionary these days it’s tragic. 

Preach. How hard can it be to wait for proper pictures before judging a set? That’s why I’m glad we don’t get many catalogue leaks these days :laugh_hard:

And the new TCW version of Windu looks great! Nice attention to detail with the printed emblem :thumbup: And they’re really accurate to the non-canon source material with the 187th commander wearing airborne trooper-like armour!

Just like the trash compactor, the first picture made a good set look bad. Surprised that they didn't reuse the Mace from the UCS gunship but this new version does look great with the arm printing.

58 minutes ago, 1340cc said:

Just like the trash compactor, the first picture made a good set look bad. Surprised that they didn't reuse the Mace from the UCS gunship but this new version does look great with the arm printing.

Yeah, I agree with this. I think that 'Pleasantly surprised' works here as well.

'unattainably high price point'

Edited by MAVERICK26
Typo

Oof, the tank looks awful, by FAR the worst version yet by a mile. It looks like the head of a cow resting on pontoons.

On the other hand, the figures look incredible! That is by far the best Mace Windu figure, that arm printing is *chef's kiss* and those 187th Clones just look so good with that bright purple.

Edited by ToaDraco

While the arm printing on Mace is great, it's a bit of an eye sore for me when looking at the front. The contrast between the printed and unprinted sides of the arms is a bit jarring for me. Cool printing, though! Also hope to pick up one of those purple clones!

The arm print on Mace Windu looks pretty bad Imo only going halfway like that. What is it even supposed to be?

19 minutes ago, TBD said:

The arm print on Mace Windu looks pretty bad Imo only going halfway like that. What is it even supposed to be?

His CW gauntlets

I’m out of town and on mobile right now so I’ll have to take you guys’ word for it on the tank, but cool that it’s not as bad as people thought.

9 hours ago, cosmic said:

Newer pics make me like the tank much more. Figs are amazing and $40 is not that outlandish. Tank is definitely leaner and smaller than ideal but it’s affordable and the figure selection is amazing.

Not 2022 related but as of recent I have been glossing over the General Grievous Starfighter. I never got the Malevolence or Bike sets he came in, and really wanted both. I fear having the same regret with this set that I should have gotten it when I had the chance? Is it overpriced? Yes but as I’ve learned with the 2013 wave, what feels expensive today can feel out of reach tomorrow, and the set is not going to get any cheaper (plus shipping prices of getting it off Bricklink).

I think I may bite the bullet for that Airborne trooper. Hope they reproduce the Utapau battle pack with arm printing sometime again in the future. Yikes I actually think I’m going to buy Grievous’s overpriced Starfighter.

I bought it on sale last year. It's a good set. But still overpriced even on sale. Grevious sets have been overpriced as a rule though so I'd say you're right to just bite the bullet and get it now.

42 minutes ago, TBD said:

Like MandalorianKnight said, Windu and many other Jedi in TCW wear clone trooper gloves and bracers. That’s exactly what they look like. Don’t you think it’s kinda harsh to say that something looks bad if you don’t even know what it is they’re representing?

6 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

Oh the shock! It actually looks good.

people are so reactionary these days it’s tragic. 

I don’t know, to me it still looks just as bad and inaccurate. Basically a downsized and simplified version of the ugly 2008 one.

The Mace Windu looks phenomenal though.

Tank looks way better, gonna see if i can modify a laser turret up top and then perfection👌

2 hours ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

I don’t know, to me it still looks just as bad and inaccurate. Basically a downsized and simplified version of the ugly 2008 one.

The Mace Windu looks phenomenal though.

That’s fair. I had just observed many changing their tunes, which is fine, of course it is. But probably a lesson for the community…

I wasn't that interested in the tank but those new pictures are making me consider it. Especially because there's enough space between the central part and the edges that you could probably easily mod it to be more sloped. 

Really hope we get Obi-Wan and Anakin with the gauntlets. I feel like it's been a while since we've had a light side Ep. III/CW Anakin without a headset on, right? 

I have just seen the Death Star Trench Run Diorama and the Dagobah Jedi Training on preorder for NOK 499 (~€ 49) and NOK 699 (~€ 69), respectively, on a Norwegian webstore. Prices on lego.com for these two sets are NOK 799 (~€ 79) and NOK 999 (~€ 99). Those prices are much lower (30% to 37% off) and seem quite reasonable. Did anyone find similar pre-order prices in other countries?

1 hour ago, SEmrys said:

I wasn't that interested in the tank but those new pictures are making me consider it. Especially because there's enough space between the central part and the edges that you could probably easily mod it to be more sloped. 

Really hope we get Obi-Wan and Anakin with the gauntlets. I feel like it's been a while since we've had a light side Ep. III/CW Anakin without a headset on, right? 

If you don’t count the one from Duel on Mustafar, the last Revenge of the Sith or Clone Wars Anakin without a headset came in the Coruscant Police Gunship in 2014. 

And the last time we got Episode 2 style Anakin was in Anakin’s Custom Jedi Starfighter in 2015.

11 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Preach. How hard can it be to wait for proper pictures before judging a set? That’s why I’m glad we don’t get many catalogue leaks these days :laugh_hard:

And the new TCW version of Windu looks great! Nice attention to detail with the printed emblem :thumbup: And they’re really accurate to the non-canon source material with the 187th commander wearing airborne trooper-like armour!

At least the catalogue leaks gave you a good angle, that first leak was of an opened-up set at a nearly horizontal angle. No one displays sets with all the hatches open and at eye level like that.

Found the leaked image of the box for the tank. Looks fine, sort of like this year's Imperial Armored Marauder in terms of being a medium sized ground vehicle that's also a pseudo battle pack. Awesome Mace, and though I have no interest in the non-canon purple clones, they're pretty detailed and good figures. The tank itself is fine. Not as terrible as it was made out to be. Looking at the canon model (from battlefront 2017) it's too tall, but given that the troopers are non-canon I'm assuming it's the legends version, in which case it's more accurate. 

Edited by Mandalorianknight

7 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

I bought it on sale last year. It's a good set. But still overpriced even on sale. Grevious sets have been overpriced as a rule though so I'd say you're right to just bite the bullet and get it now.

Just called Barnes and Noble, confirmed they got it and I placed it on hold. Both the Malevolance and Wheel Bike were better sets I feel both annoyed and excited I’m getting his ship.

I love Barnes and Noble, not the first time I got a retired set there. Fun fact I got the 2011 Bounty Hunter Assault Gunship several years after it retired because somehow an extremely busy Barnes and Noble in my area had it in like 2015. Not sure I’m as excited to get this ship as I was to get Aurra Sing but hey I’ll finally have a grievous and a Utapau trooper, plus this is more practical and used more than say his wheel bike or the Malevolence no?

3 hours ago, cosmic said:

Just called Barnes and Noble, confirmed they got it and I placed it on hold. Both the Malevolance and Wheel Bike were better sets I feel both annoyed and excited I’m getting his ship.

I love Barnes and Noble, not the first time I got a retired set there. Fun fact I got the 2011 Bounty Hunter Assault Gunship several years after it retired because somehow an extremely busy Barnes and Noble in my area had it in like 2015. Not sure I’m as excited to get this ship as I was to get Aurra Sing but hey I’ll finally have a grievous and a Utapau trooper, plus this is more practical and used more than say his wheel bike or the Malevolence no?

I mean none of those 3 ships/vehicles have appeared a lot in Star Wars media, but the Soulless One does get the slight edge there.

And you’re better off without the Malevolence, since all the characters are in the Clone Wars style and IMO the build doesn’t capture the ship’s look very well. Both the Wheel Bike and Grievous’s Starfighter are great sets (aside from the price), so you wouldn’t have gone wrong with either one.

And hopefully in the future Lego remakes a Wheel Bike set with Boga in it, in which case you’ll be better off for waiting.

2 hours ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

I mean none of those 3 ships/vehicles have appeared a lot in Star Wars media, but the Soulless One does get the slight edge there.

And you’re better off without the Malevolence, since all the characters are in the Clone Wars style and IMO the build doesn’t capture the ship’s look very well. Both the Wheel Bike and Grievous’s Starfighter are great sets (aside from the price), so you wouldn’t have gone wrong with either one.

And hopefully in the future Lego remakes a Wheel Bike set with Boga in it, in which case you’ll be better off for waiting.

You’re right, the more I look at the Malevolence the less impressive it looks. And I was thinking the same thing about his bike, build is not perfect, Mace is no where near as interesting as this airborne trooper, and a rerelease with Boga is exactly what I thought would perfect the set. So yeah, not excited about the price but better late than never.

This tank must be based off the Clone Wars no? Mace has arm detailing like that in the show but not in any movie appearance I can think of. Maybe it’s one of those Legends sets?

When do we reckon we’ll hear rumors of the summer fig selection? I wonder if we’ll get any new Jedi with the episode 2 sets. 

Super ecstatic for Taun We but would rather she came in a more exciting set like Jango’s ship because I have no interest in Obi’s star fighter especially after that beautiful hyper drive set released a few years back.