MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

15 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

And if you want a show about the early formation of the Rebellion, have you watched Rebels' later seasons? Just don't get frustrated that there's no LEGO for most of it... sigh.

I get frustrated about this every time I rewatch the show. I can't believe we only got Kanan's character design from Seasons 3 and 4 as a minifigure.

Speaking of Rebels, I think it's really funny how this show is taking place around the same time as Rebels season one, which was a lot more light hearted and accessible to young fans. I love both though. It's cool seeing different sides of rebel cells rising to fight back against the oppressiveness of the Empire.

10 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

So about Andor:

Hide contents

I love that they use BBY instead of whatever Disney was trying to change it to.

Disney never tried changing it. They used a different dating system specifically for one visual dictionary and some people got up in arms about it, but it was never intended to replace the current system. I like that they used BBY on screen too though.

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I actually like what appears to be a reversal of typical character roles between Cassian and Syril, since it is introducing a lot of grey into the (normally) black-and-white Rebels vs. Empire conflict. (Also, I think that Cassian is starting the series more as an anti-villain protagonist, who will grow into an anti-hero by the end of the show). 

Exactly. In any typical story, Cassian would be the clear-cut villain and Syril would be the clear-cut hero. 

Cassian murdered two Corpos, though one of them was an accident and could kinda be considered self-defense, and fled the scene. Syril is an ambitious fellow who refuses to sweep these deaths under the rug to make their company look good. The nuance there, however, is that Syril doesn't really care that two people died, he cares that two company people died. He's loyal to his institution above other human beings, while Cassian is mostly just self-serving at this point, but will eventually go on to sacrificing himself so that the Rebels have even the smallest chance at destroying the Death Star.

As much as I like my big galaxy-sweeping, Jedi vs. Sith stories, I really like seeing this smaller scale story showing how these big galactic events have affected the lives of the average, everyday people. I like the amount of variety we'll be getting with these Disney+ Star Wars shows in the next year or two. We've got our gritty rebel spy thriller here, we'll get our gunslinging western with The Mandalorian, we're get our mystical spirit quest with Ahsoka, a Stranger Things-esque coming-of-age space adventure with Skeleton Crew and something completely new with The Acolyte.

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I particularly like seeing someone on the Empire’s side who is actually a decent person - We have gotten a lot of defectors who have seen the evils of the Empire, but in cases of people like Iden Versio (who served until after Endor), I find myself wondering how they can be loyal to such a cartoonishly evil organisation for so long. Andor seems to be answering that with Syril Karn, and I look forward to when Dedra Meero shows up. 

He's definately one of the highlights of the show. While watching it I was worried people would just decide he's a bad guy (which don't get me wrong, he's doing bad things), but people seem to agree that from his perspective he's doing the right thing.

Spoiler

He gets manipulated by the irish dude into being too rough with the locals, (And even then the irish dude just seemed to be saying what he thought Syril would want to hear to get a promotion, when really Syril was out of his depth and struggling for what to do) but we see that he really cares about his fellow troops when the bomb goes off. 

I'm glad the mods are letting us run with this, but I'll try to talk about the set a bit just in case. Super accurate, to a surprising extent, but it really needed 2 more corpos, ESPECIALLY if it's at a $70 price tag. Syril's at $14 on bricklink just from being a new figure in an expensive set, but I don't think he'll decrease much given that people will want to army-build. (Actually, speaking of him, he's the most inaccurate part of the set. The re-used face doesn't work well, which is annoying but a problem seen pretty commonly in themes like marvel, but then the suit is the wrong colors. Mata blue and yellow instead of navy blue and orange-red.)

11 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I find myself wondering how they can be loyal to such a cartoonishly evil organisation for so long.

One only need to look at the last five plus years to see how easy this can occur even in real life lol

Edited by karmajay

10 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:Syril's at $14 on bricklink just from being a new figure in an expensive set, but I don't think he'll decrease much given that people will want to army-build. (Actually, speaking of him, he's the most inaccurate part of the set. The re-used face doesn't work well, which is annoying but a problem seen pretty commonly in themes like marvel, but then the suit is the wrong colors. Mata blue and yellow instead of navy blue and orange-red.)

Agreed on his inaccuracy but I suppose it at least gave us a torso and cap to make our own versions of his subordinates.

On 9/23/2022 at 10:17 AM, Classic_Spaceman said:

I thought that as well, since I am not sure where else additional Corpos could be included (particularly since it seems like all shots of them in the trailers are from the first three episodes). 

Have we heard anything new about the potential 2022 minfig packs? I was hoping for more clones and such before, but now I want both of them (assuming they're coming) to be from Andor so that we can get 

Spoiler

one with some Pre-Mor employees and one with people like Bix, Timm, Brasso, Maarva, Bee, etc.

I can’t see them on the usual place but one of the Lego Facebook groups I’m in shared some new pictures of the Crest, including the interior so there are more out there. I think it looks great. 

From the images of the UCS Razor Crest it appears they also included the container with the frog eggs, which I love as an Easter egg :D Overall the interior looks pretty cool if you ask me. The whole ship feels as if you could live in it while navigating hyperspace, and that’s something they did pretty well I think.

The Razor Crest does look amazing but is so far out of my price range it's hard to pay much attention to it. What I am focusing on is the build for the Bluurg and the pram. It's disappointing that the Bluurg has an exclusive eye printed piece, that will make recreating them accurately more difficult, though I imagine the set will come with at least one extra that I'm sure many will sell on bricklink. I really like the build of the Bluurg, it looks so much better than it appeared on the blurry leaks. I would still vastly prefer a specialized molded creature especially for consistency with other Star Wars creatures but I'll take it for now

I don't like how squared off the pram is on the back but overall it's a decent little build. Regarding the figures, Kuill still looks like his face melted and is still way too big. The new Mando looks fantastic but it's already making me a little mad because the updated helmet print is excellent but I know they're going to go right back to the absolutely awful printing for Mando season 3 sets. Prove me wrong LEGO! 

The reaction to the razorcrest is quite funny to see. All comments are ‘shouldn’t be stickers’ ‘Lego surely don’t think this will sell for $600’ ‘too expensive’

have these people been living under a rock since 2017? There’s been 3 UCS vehicles sets over that price since then that have included stickers and sold well…and this is the cheapest of the lot, the way everyone acts surprised and like this is out of the blue is really quite humorous  

Edited by Whovastron

Just now, Whovastron said:

The reaction to the razorcrest is quite funny to see. All comments are ‘shouldn’t be stickers’ ‘Lego surely don’t think this will sell for $600’ ‘too expensive’

have these people been living under a rock since 2017? There’s been 3 UCS vehicles sets over that price since then that have included stickers and sold well…and this is the cheapest of the lot, the way everyone acts surprised and like this is out of the blue is really quite humorous  

My thoughts as well. You could argue, I suppose, the popularity of this model at this scale may not match the level of the Falcon, AT-AT and Star Destroyer, but I still think it will sell well. I'll definitely be picking it up with an eventual double points promo. 

Stone Wars and other fan media reports that there will be no UCS plaque stickers anymore starting 2023 with new UCS sets.

While the UCS Razor Crest still has a sticker for the plaque, Solid Brix Studios can confirm via the LEGO Group that future UCS Sets going forward (2023+) will use printed plaques.

There will be a Leia minifigure comming with the next Lego Star Wars Magazine releasing 22th October in Germany. Looks like the Leia from the Tantive IV and 75301 X-Wing.

Looks great, however I have never collected UCS spaceships and probably never will, its too expensive as it already is, but if I would I would totally buy it, looks too me way better than most they done previously. I would of course, like most probably everybody else here, want to get the mythrol and kuill, but dont want to pay 100 € for them each, hope that alteast Kuill will appear in a cheaper set later.

The set looks awesome.

The Mandalorian looks absolutely fantastic. They improved the helmet, and the arm printing really is an incredible touch.

The Razor Crest looks absolutely gorgeous. I'm glad the brick-built Blurrg turned out looking pretty good! I'd love to put together at least one more to recreate some of the Season 1 scenes.

I'm glad there isn't a Day 1 GWP with this set, as it's one that I'll have to wait a while to purchase. But it's definitely very high on my list.

I think the Razor Crest is awesome.  I’m loving that Lego is giving us the non mini figure/mini figure scale ships with full fleshed out interiors.  Hopefully this can continue, maybe with a Star Destroyer or Invisible Hand full fleshed out interior and a big one for me would be Slave 1.  

I know a lot of people may say I’m picky but I would of loved the bed to be slightly left more so it could include the toilet facility to the right. And maybe even have a little shutter that comes down like in the series.   

EDIT: If they can do the Razor Crest in this colour there is no reason we can’t get Naboo Royal Starship like this.

Edited by Legoman123

57 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

I think the Razor Crest is awesome.  I’m loving that Lego is giving us the non mini figure/mini figure scale ships with full fleshed out interiors.  Hopefully this can continue, maybe with a Star Destroyer or Invisible Hand full fleshed out interior and a big one for me would be Slave 1.  

I know a lot of people may say I’m picky but I would of loved the bed to be slightly left more so it could include the toilet facility to the right. And maybe even have a little shutter that comes down like in the series.   

EDIT: If they can do the Razor Crest in this colour there is no reason we can’t get Naboo Royal Starship like this.

Sorry I don't follow the edit comment - its in LBG so what's the reference to the Naboo RS?

The Razor Crest looks absolutely amazing and it's definitely one for my shopping list.  Admittedly the RRP is a little painful but it's not totally ridiculous considering the scale and part count.  The interior looks well done - I particularly like the carbonite chamber and cockpit.  I haven't purchased any sets this year apart from the UCS Landspeeder so I could just about convince myself to order it at full RRP, although a decent GWP would certainly help!

24 minutes ago, Hold0511 said:

Sorry I don't follow the edit comment - its in LBG so what's the reference to the Naboo RS?

I assume because both ships are silver in universe, so if they can do a good looking Razor Crest in grey they can do the NRS in grey as well. 

Nothings changed since the leaked pictures. Still think it looks fantastic. Like the Falcon before it I'll spend the next few years trying to convince myself I don't need it while constantly yearning for it. 

I also love that Blurgg. If I can get a hold of that somehow (plus Kuill) and they start printing on Mando's helmet in regular sets then the Razor Crest's absence from my desk will be an easier pill to swallow. 

Maybe I'll try and make one of those N-1 Mocs to help tide me over. 

edit: the animated video on Instagram has Boba's helmet and jetpack in the correct colour. I feel like TLG are taunting us. 

Edited by SEmrys

I think this may actually be my favorite UCS ship they've ever done, it just looks amazing. I also love how it has a mini-fig scale interior, hopefully they keep doing that when it makes sense. Aside from the weird gaps on the bottom (which look extremely easy to fix), I really can't find any faults in the set. The price seems fair, but it's so high that I'd never even consider buying it unless I won the lottery, so I'll just have to admire it from a distance. 

Lego has been brutal over the last year or so. There is literally thousands of dollars worth of sets that I want to add to my collection, which is possibly more than at any one time in my life. The Razor Crest is the newest addition to that list, but it also might be the one I buy and cross off first. It just looks so great and the interior stuff is wonderful.

Edited by Geihlen

2 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

Not sure what you mean. It's still LBG like in the system set

The set looks incredible, and I love the interior. I think the price is a little high at $600, but nothing insanely overpriced. I won't be getting it, as it's just too expensive, but it looks very nice. I have a few minor issues: 

The mythrol head is bad. Didn't need to be molded, it just doesn't capture the character. Kuill's head is also weirdly droopy. I also don't like those gaps.

I LOVE the blurrg though, and will be copying the design. Ironically, I already have the pram design in LBG, since it's just a minor change from the advent calendar design that I made back in 2021.