MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

11 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Ambush on Ferrix is surprisingly accurate, but I am still bothered by the layout of the interior (the back should open into the main body) and the lack of (at least) a fourth figure. Also, Syril Karn's cap should have an orange brim, which I would be more able to forgive if the set included more than one Corpo...

Probably a good candidate for a 2023 (or more painfully 2024) Advent Calendar like the Bespin Guard and Cloud Car Pilot. 

51 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Do you think it will include the full interior? I know we’ve seen the back of the box but it doesn’t show a lot.  For example will we get the sleeping quarters, toilet, storage room behind cockpit etc. 

I think it does and we'll get all of that. It'd be strange to do an interior for a ship at this scale and not flesh out the full interior. The Falcon couldn't have it for structural reasons, and I guess that might be a limiting factor here. Can't wait to see! 

The new Razor Crest box picture just reaffirm that the set looks fantastic. Not much more to add on my part.

And wow, I'm super glad I received Ambush on Ferrix for my birthday this past weekend. I really enjoyed the first three Andor episodes and think the ship, speeder and figures are mostly spot-on to the first three episodes. The only other potential set I've seen so far is Luthen's ship, which is a really cool design. That'd be a great set for Lego to give us a new Mon Mothma figure, and we still need Bix and Bee. Fingers crossed for next year.

Edited by The Stud

While I admit that the third episode was better (only had seen the first two when I made my previous post), I’m still not fully onboard with this show. My main issue is Andor himself. I disliked him in Rogue One and I outright hate him in this show (no offense to Diego Luna though). And you can’t even argue that there’s gonna be any character development to make him more likable because he’s a prick here and a cowardly backstabbing a** at the beginning of Rogue One, so that’s not gonna change :tongue: You may call him an anti-hero or something, but I call someone who

executes an unarmed opponent begging for his life at point blank just to eliminate a witness an outright villain, and an unlikable one at that.

. I root for him to get his comeuppance, but of course that’s not gonna happen

Hoping for as much screentime of Mon Mothma, Luthen, and Saw as possible to make this more enjoyable for me. Don’t need any further sets though, unless they feature Mothma or Saw.

49 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

While I admit that the third episode was better (only had seen the first two when I made my previous post), I’m still not fully onboard with this show. My main issue is Andor himself. I disliked him in Rogue One and I outright hate him in this show (no offense to Diego Luna though). And you can’t even argue that there’s gonna be any character development to make him more likable because he’s a prick here and a cowardly backstabbing a** at the beginning of Rogue One, so that’s not gonna change :tongue: You may call him an anti-hero or something, but I call someone who

Hide contents

executes an unarmed opponent begging for his life at point blank just to eliminate a witness an outright villain, and an unlikable one at that.

. I root for him to get his comeuppance, but of course that’s not gonna happen

Hoping for as much screentime of Mon Mothma, Luthen, and Saw as possible to make this more enjoyable for me. Don’t need any further sets though, unless they feature Mothma or Saw.

That's the whole point of this series tho.

The Skywalker Saga has always shown the Rebels as the perfect heroes, and the Empire as the evil villains.

The thing is, all of it is a shade of gray. Sure, as a whole the Empire is evil, but a lot of people who accepted it are just trying to live their lives and adapt.

The Rebels, on the other hand, have a noble cause, but they also have to use drastic methods, as shown in Rogue One. And remember that in this series, the Rebellion doesn't yet exist, so most people just try to survive.

The fact that his actions immediately result in big consequences is why this scene works so well. No one tried to paint it as 'look how heroic he was', but rather they've chosen to show how quickly something like that escalated.

34 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The thing is, all of it is a shade of gray.

Greyness is not the issue for me. The issue is that Andor has nothing redeeming about him, and we already know his redemption will not come before RO. Why does that petty low-life criminal deserve 24 episodes?! :tongue: It’d be different if the show was about him getting what he deserves (like most crime shows) or about him becoming a hero, but we know neither will happen in this show.

I’d much rather this be a show about the early formation of the rebellion that focuses on characters worthy of that sort of screentime. Luthen is also ruthless, but at least he’s way more likable

Do you know why the UCS razor crest have not been officially revealed yet? Only 11 days remained to official release...

7 minutes ago, gradatim said:

Do you know why the UCS razor crest have not been officially revealed yet? Only 11 days remained to official release...

Seems late doesn't it - maybe giving lots of media and fan oxygen for Andor?  After all they need to keep Disney happy.

17 minutes ago, gradatim said:

Good point! Can’t wait to see more details, especially the interior! If it’s anything like the AT-AT’s, we’re in for a treat :excited:

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The issue is that Andor has nothing redeeming about him, and we already know his redemption will not come before RO. Why does that petty low-life criminal deserve 24 episodes?! :tongue:

He'll go from an arrogant arse who does it all for himself to an arrogant arse who puts his very nature to work in service of a Higher Cause. That's intriguing, nuanced development in my opinion, and all of the situations in the first three episodes have played out in ways that seem logical given how the characters are presented. It also seems to be one of the show's points so far about what will be necessary to build a successful Rebel Alliance, that it takes all types of people including some who are inherently not classic good (although not people as radical as Saw I guess).

And if you want a show about the early formation of the Rebellion, have you watched Rebels' later seasons? Just don't get frustrated that there's no LEGO for most of it... sigh.

2 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

He'll go from an arrogant big behind who does it all for himself to an arrogant big behind who puts his very nature to work in service of a Higher Cause.

I know, but you say it: he’s an arrogant a*** throughout, which is exactly what bothers me :snicker: 

2 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

And if you want a show about the early formation of the Rebellion, have you watched Rebels' later seasons? Just don't get frustrated that there's no LEGO for most of it... sigh.

I have, and enjoyed it a lot! I don’t mind the show presenting a darker side to the rebellion, I just wish there was a different main character :tongue:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

9 hours ago, rebelpilot said:

Probably a good candidate for a 2023 (or more painfully 2024) Advent Calendar like the Bespin Guard and Cloud Car Pilot. 

Aren't those all repeat figures, though?

5 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Spoiler

That's the point, that at the start of the show he is outright villainous. Actually, that's one of my favorite things about the show, that the morality isn't as black and white as most of the other shows. Most characters are doing what they think is right. Syril Karyn is, from his perspective, one of the only corpos who cares enough to try and solve the murder of two officers. Bix's boyfriend was worried she was getting caught up in criminal activity and so reported someone he thought was a murderer, and once he realizes he was (sort of) wrong, he does try to save Bix. Andor is trying to find his sister, and the people he killed were essentially two government-anointed security guards that were actively corrupt. It doesn't justify murder in cold blood, and Andor's clearly in the wrong to shoot him, but that's part of the point. He isn't a great guy, and the show's theme is going to be him going from just kind of a bad guy to a bad guy who does bad things for a good cause. 

1 hour ago, Clone OPatra said:

Lego's mishandling of Rebels is one of the biggest SW mistakes they've made. They frontloaded the early season with sets for vehicles that had less than a second of screen time (coughs in wookiee gunship), and then because those sold poorly, they were worried to make pretty much any sets for the later seasons, when the show was more popular. (Arguably, this can be placed on lucasfilm, not lego, if they were the ones who had lego make so many sets for the first season)

I, for one, would welcome new Rebels sets and if Andor is a way to get those, then great. As someone who has not been the biggest fan of Disney Star Wars (exception being Mando, Rogue One, and Solo), Andor was great (just my opinion). I liked the gritty-ness of it and seeing this period of the formation of the rebellion. I really want that set (and more) only at a lower price. Hopefully it drops in the next year at a retailer. 

Waiting to see more of the Razor Crest, hopefully soon. Sounds like official reveal will be September 28th, 2022. 

Edited by McMurder_them_softly

5 hours ago, gradatim said:

Because LEGO is horrible at revealing sets, that's why.

37 minutes ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

I, for one, would welcome new Rebels sets and if Andor is a way to get those, then great. As someone who has not been the biggest fan of Disney Star Wars (exception being Mando, Rogue One, and Solo), Andor was great (just my opinion). I liked the gritty-ness of it and seeing this period of the formation of the rebellion.

Gritty but still containing individual moments of vibrance, like the wall of gloves. The setting felt real, lived in, and like it had it's own unique flavor. i'm also hoping that Luthen's ship gets to be a set one day.

So about Andor:

Spoiler

I love that they use BBY instead of whatever Disney was trying to change it to. I also love the use of "caf" for coffee. That's something from the EU books. Love that it made it into a film media!

Pretty pleased with the UCS Razor Crest. Even though UCS sets tend to look quite good, this exceeded my expectations. Looking forward to the official reveal and its eventual release.

Instead of asking every time if a LEGO SW vehicle is minifig scale or not, why not compare them to each other knowing which set fits best in the 1:43 scale of minifigure height? For instance the MF is roughly 1:41, the AT-AT ~1:37, the Republic Gunship ~1:25 and the Razor Crest will be ~1:36. So to put matters into perspective the RC will be more in scale to the AT-AT than to the MF, which would be the closest to minifig scale out of all UCS sets.

4 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

So about Andor:

Hide contents

I love that they use BBY instead of whatever Disney was trying to change it to. I also love the use of "caf" for coffee. That's something from the EU books. Love that it made it into a film media!

Totally agree with both, as well as 

Spoiler

the Fest thing. I was annoyed when they said he was from Canari, as the reference books say he's from Fest, but I love how they immediately say that they told everyone he was from Fest.

This stuff feels so much more like the writers actually care about star wars than the "fan-service" of "LOOK! It's *character*! They're from *thing*! Clap now!" and then proceeding to stretch, if not break, canon like Obi-Wan and BB did and TOTJ supposedly will.

3 hours ago, AyeMatey said:

Had no interest in the Andor set but that show is awesome so I bought three lol.

This is me, except my wallet is so low  uh, I mean, I have more restraint and am waiting for a sale before buying them.

It really is just an incredible show.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It really is just an incredible show.

I thoroughly enjoyed it too, and have complete faith that it will continue to be great. 

Regarding the set, I just wish the wings were a little longer and it came with another enemy/guard figure.

It was a really cool scene for sure.

I can totally see why people would want to buy multiples as someone above has done :) 

Edited by ArrowBricks

21 hours ago, rebelpilot said:

I thought that as well, since I am not sure where else additional Corpos could be included (particularly since it seems like all shots of them in the trailers are from the first three episodes). 

23 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

We need 

Hide contents

Luthen's ship

as a set ASAP, though I worry that lego will decide the show is too mature.

I doubt that LEGO would decide now that the show is “too mature”, since they must have seen material from the first three episodes in order to make the set that we already got. 

18 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

You may call him an anti-hero or something, but I call someone who

Hide contents

I actually like what appears to be a reversal of typical character roles between Cassian and Syril, since it is introducing a lot of grey into the (normally) black-and-white Rebels vs. Empire conflict. (Also, I think that Cassian is starting the series more as an anti-villain protagonist, who will grow into an anti-hero by the end of the show). 

18 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I root for him to get his comeuppance, but of course that’s not gonna happen

That is still possible; while we know that Cassian cannot die (Spoilers!), there are people who he can lose as a result of his actions (which we seem to be seeing a bit of towards the end of the first arc). 

2 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

I thoroughly enjoyed it too, and have complete faith that it will continue to be great. 

Regarding the set, I just wish the wings were a little longer and it came with another enemy/guard figure.

It was a really cool scene for sure.

I can totally see why people would want to buy multiples as someone above has done :) 

Honestly I think it got progressively better.

The lack of more Corpos is the biggest issue, I think. It should have had two soldiers, at least. I'm definately trying to wait until it goes on sale.

18 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I doubt that LEGO would decide now that the show is “too mature”, since they must have seen material from the first three episodes in order to make the set that we already got. 

Not necessarily. They could have just been shown bits that weren't too mature, I mean heck, it's not unlikely that they were just shown concept art and costume images.

1 minute ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I actually like what appears to be a reversal of typical character roles between Cassian and Syril, since it is introducing a lot of grey into the (normally) black-and-white Rebels vs. Empire conflict. (Also, I think that Cassian is starting the series more as an anti-villain protagonist, who will grow into an anti-hero by the end of the show). 

That is still possible; while we know that Cassian cannot die (Spoilers!), there are people who he can lose as a result of his actions (which we seem to be seeing a bit of towards the end of the first arc). 

Spoiler

Exactly. it's so nice to finally have a show where the hero and villain aren't straight up good and evil. Like, from Syril's perspective he's investigating the deaths of two officers, and even as the audience we know Andor did kinda shoot an unarmed, pleading man in the head, attempted extortion notwithstanding. And so far Andor really hasn't done any heroism. It's cool that Luthen, who's definately more of a Saw Guerrera type of guy, is going to start him on the path to becoming a more heroic guy than he is.

11 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Not necessarily. They could have just been shown bits that weren't too mature, I mean heck, it's not unlikely that they were just shown concept art and costume images.

That is definitely possible, but if we can get RotS Anakin and the 501st, I think that we will be able to get more sets for Andor. LEGO’s policy regarding violence and other mature themes seems to be that the characters/vehicles/settings/etc are fine, as long as the actual mature content in-question is not depicted. 

16 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:
  Hide contents

Exactly. it's so nice to finally have a show where the hero and villain aren't straight up good and evil. Like, from Syril's perspective he's investigating the deaths of two officers, and even as the audience we know Andor did kinda shoot an unarmed, pleading man in the head, attempted extortion notwithstanding. And so far Andor really hasn't done any heroism. It's cool that Luthen, who's definately more of a Saw Guerrera type of guy, is going to start him on the path to becoming a more heroic guy than he is.

I particularly like seeing someone on the Empire’s side who is actually a decent person - We have gotten a lot of defectors who have seen the evils of the Empire, but in cases of people like Iden Versio (who served until after Endor), I find myself wondering how they can be loyal to such a cartoonishly evil organisation for so long. Andor seems to be answering that with Syril Karn, and I look forward to when Dedra Meero shows up.