MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

33 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Do we know how silver it’s going to be? If most of the service detail is drum lacquered, I’ll be very interested. But if it’s mostly grey with some accents…eh

I don't think we know yet, I imagine similar to Mando helmet but time will tell. The leaked sticker sheet indicated the plain light grey but that isn't the whole story. 

Regarding something else, im in Amsterdam right now, does any of the dutch folk now where I can get Lego star wars magazine? I have been inside some flod stores but not been lucky. Cheers / Peter

16 hours ago, 1340cc said:

It will interesting to see what this means for the future of D2C SW sets, as this is the first one based on content outside of the main saga films. Assuming that it's successful, there could be more D2C sets based on the Disney+ shows, or possibly Rogue One, Solo or maybe even the video games?

I think D2Cs based on stuff outside the main nine are certainly a possibility going forward, but I imagine that the specific series will still need to be fairly popular. The Mandalorian may very well be the most popular Disney-ers Star Wars story (certainly the most well-received, at least), so I don't imagine we'll see UCS stuff for the more moderately popular spin-offs like Rogue One. At the end of the day, there's just more money to be made in the original trilogy most of the time, and probably in a good amount of potential prequel UCS sets as well.

23 hours ago, Meadius said:

I think D2Cs based on stuff outside the main nine are certainly a possibility going forward, but I imagine that the specific series will still need to be fairly popular. The Mandalorian may very well be the most popular Disney-ers Star Wars story (certainly the most well-received, at least), so I don't imagine we'll see UCS stuff for the more moderately popular spin-offs like Rogue One. At the end of the day, there's just more money to be made in the original trilogy most of the time, and probably in a good amount of potential prequel UCS sets as well.

Rogue One was pretty successful as well though, and even though I don’t love it as much as a lot of other people seem to, I definitely would consider that to be more than moderately successful. It outperformed expectations by grossing over a billion dollars, is commonly talked about by fans, and it generated a spin-off show that’s coming very soon. Since I don’t foresee us getting any D2C animation sets (which is a shame because a UCS Ghost would be a work of art, something Sabine would approve of), I think Rogue One and Mandalorian have the best potential outside of the OT for UCS sets, especially since they’re so tied to the OT.

I’m very excited to see the UCS Razor Crest. The model itself sounds fantastic and I look forward to building it someday. The minifigure selection is kinda underwhelming though. An extra Grogu, a brick-built Blurrg, two exclusive alien figures (one of which was a main character in Season One), plus a touched-up Mando in his original armor, are nice touches. I don’t necessarily need anymore “new” minifigures (even if I think this would have been the perfect set to do someone like Frog Lady or Mayfeld), but I would have liked for them to at least throw in a few reused figures at least. Throw in an extra Beskar Mando, Greef Carga, IG-11 and *maybe* Cara Dune to sweeten the deal a little bit. I get not including more than two figures for non-minifigure scale sets like the Gunship, Landspeeder or Star Destroyer, but I do think that three minifigures, plus a baby and a brickbuilt creature, is kinda lackluster for a minifigure-scale D2C set that costs $600.

Despite my gripe with the figures, I fully expect that this set will knock it out of the park.

Edited by The Stud

1 hour ago, The Stud said:

Rogue One was pretty successful as well though, and even though I don’t love it as much as a lot of other people seem to, I definitely would consider that to be more than moderately successful. It outperformed expectations by grossing over a billion dollars, is commonly talked about by fans, and it generated a spin-off show that’s coming very soon. Since I don’t foresee us getting any D2C animation sets (which is a shame because a UCS Ghost would be a work of art, something Sabine would approve of), I think Rogue One and Mandalorian have the best potential outside of the OT for UCS sets, especially since they’re so tied to the OT.

I think the U-wing would be the most logical choice for a Rogue One UCS as it's one of the most popular ships of the Disney era and also appeared in Rebels, Battlefront, Squadrons and potentially some of the upcoming shows. They could do it as either a large scale model for $400 like the Gunship, or a Minifig scale one at $240 like the Slave 1, either would be much more affordable/accessible than a $600+ set like the Razor Crest or AT-AT. Personally I'd most like to see a UCS Zeta-class cargo shuttle, but it's probably less likely to happen and wouldn't sell as well as the U-wing would.

16 hours ago, The Stud said:

Since I don’t foresee us getting any D2C animation sets (which is a shame because a UCS Ghost would be a work of art, something Sabine would approve of)

With some luck, soon enough, we may be able to start asking LEGO for a UCS Ghost without it being only from an animated show. I know its appearance in Ahsoka isn't confirmed, but with Ezra, Sabine, and Hera making an appearance, it'd be weird if it wasn't there.

As nice as a UCS Ghost would be, I think it's in-universe size would prevent it from happening, at least at minifig scale. It's about 30% longer than the Falcon and much more bulky.

Just built the advent calendar and didn't realize it had the two piece mouse droid in it til I built it. Though obviously not very detailed can i just give some praise to that little two pice build, so simple and pieces that have existed for about 10 years, yet i've never seen it done like that, much better compared to a minifigure even, I'm going to replace the one in my display with this little build.

So the UCS RC promobricks description says 72cm. that is pretty massive. am I right in thinking this is way over minifig scale?  compared to jerac's which I am measuring as 59cm from tail to tip of the guns

Do you think they are going to market this one as minifig scale? 

Relative to the UCS Falcon I am guessing its a a bit on the big side.  What is the view here?

I need to see this thing!

Edited by LDigital

The "minifig scale" UCS sets haven't all been the same scale. The Slave 1 was roughly 1:48, the AT-AT 1:36, with the Falcons and Lambda shuttle in between. The Razor Crest appears to be around 1:34 based on the 24.3m length on the leaked plaque so it will be slightly larger scale than the others but not much larger than the AT-AT.

First pics of the Crest have leaked. It looks incredible. I can't wait to see the interior. The Blurrg is difficult to make out, but it looks a little underwhelming. 

I'm also curious to see if the landing gear is retractable. I'd guess not, but it'd be pretty cool if it's a function they were able to work in.

Holy cow, it's beautiful. The blurrg could probably have been better but it's not bad at all. If only I could afford it, money-wise and space-wise.

It looks incredible but it's way too expensive for me. I like the figures and I love the brick-built Blurrg and pram. I'll definitely build those 2 things for myself once I can get a better look at the pieces they use. Even though they would have been much better with new molds, I'm kinda glad they didn't so that we can just recreate the "official" LEGO models without having to sell an organ on the black market to afford a UCS set. :tongue:

Edited by ToaDraco

1 hour ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

I'm also curious to see if the landing gear is retractable. I'd guess not, but it'd be pretty cool if it's a function they were able to work in.

Extremely unlikely given that it doesn't come with a display stand. Looks great though, interesting that they have gone for a mostly studless exterior. I just hope it doesn't look too big next to the UCS Slave 1.

Wowee! The UCS Falcon doesn’t tempt me, so I didn’t expect to want this one. But that looks so much better than I imagined it would. I want it. I want it so bad. Now that is a minifig scale ship for exploring the galaxy!

Edit, so if the Razor Crest is 80 ft long and the Republic Gunship is 58 ft long, and a "true minifig scale" RC is $600 right now, then a "true minifig scale" (as opposed to playscale) RG ought to cost about (58/80)^3*600 = $230. Me, I'd settle for a playscale RG at $130-$140.

Now back to admiring the UCS Razor Crest ....

Edited by icm

3 minutes ago, 1340cc said:

Extremely unlikely given that it doesn't come with a display stand. Looks great though, interesting that they have gone for a mostly studless exterior. I just hope it doesn't look too big next to the UCS Slave 1.

Yeah I figure it doesn't. Probably just detaches if anything or is permanently fixed in position similar to the UCS Falcon, which is fine I guess.

Edited by mirkwoodspiders

That's a really fantastic set honestly. The ship looks so big, and the details are so good.

The display stand for all the minifigures is also an awesome addition. 

Looks excellent :thumbup: The Blurrg does indeed look a bit Microfighter-ish, but apart from that, not much to complain about!

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

There’s virtually no silver on it. Maybe I’ll get it eventually. But at the moment that’s an easy pass. The £30 micro galaxy squadron version is better right now just because it’s accurately coloured 

Oh, it's beautiful...

But as gorgeous as it looks, I really don't think I can justify it after only just getting round to buying the Falcon this year. Maybe if I win the lottery...