MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

11 hours ago, The Stud said:

Lego Stores are apparently starting to be sent copies (along with the Winter Village set) so we can expect pictures any day now, whether they be leaks or an official reveal.

Very cool. I don't ever buy UCS stuff, but I'm very curious to see what this one looks like since it's (seemingly) so big compared to your usual UCS ship.

Interesting seeing the Mando Season 3 trailer and the inclusion of the Mandalorian Battle Pack characters. Wonder if they end up being named and we get an updated set with them.

1 hour ago, Meadius said:

Very cool. I don't ever buy UCS stuff, but I'm very curious to see what this one looks like since it's (seemingly) so big compared to your usual UCS ship.

Same. Excluding the 2019 Tantive IV and the MBS Cantina, the only UCS sets I currently own are the UCS Slave 1 and R2-D2, with plans of getting all the really big ones (Star Destroyer, Falcon and AT-AT, probably in that order) before they retire. I'm very interested to see how the Razor Crest turns out and how it would look displayed with my giant Firespray. Plus seeing what figures are included is exciting too of course.

1 hour ago, AyeMatey said:

Interesting seeing the Mando Season 3 trailer and the inclusion of the Mandalorian Battle Pack characters. Wonder if they end up being named and we get an updated set with them.

Technically, these ones in trailer aren't exactly the same as the Battle Pack Mandalorians. Those guys showed up in the background during Season One already and are probably all dead lol. (I'm pretty sure you can see at least one of their helmets in the ravaged covert.) The orange one from the trailer looks similar but upon closer inspection, it has blue around the visor and no jaig ears like the Battle Pack one. 

8 hours ago, AyeMatey said:

As far as I know, the designs from the battle pack were roughly based on background Mandos from season 1, with the designs being provided by Disney to multiple companies. LEGO got all four, while there's a Funko pop of the female mostly-green one, and the Minecraft x Star Wars mash-up pack has iron armour retextured to look exactly like the orange one with jaig eyes and chainmail armour retextured to look like the blue one with the purple marking.

:moar: :excited: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

My range of emotions currently waiting impatiently for/imagining pictures of the Razor Crest. Can't wait to see this model.

23 hours ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

:moar: :excited: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

My range of emotions currently waiting impatiently for/imagining pictures of the Razor Crest. Can't wait to see this model.

Same, hopefully we see something this week as it's supposed to release early next month. The AT-AT they released last year makes me very optimistic, especially for the interior.

Promobricks provide some new details for the Razor Crest (https://www.promobricks.de/lego-75331-ucs-razor-crest-neue-details/149431/):

• 600€/$
  • 4 minifigs: pre-Beskar Mando with printed arms, Grogu in his pram, Kuiil with backpack, Mythrol
  • A brick-built Blurrg is included (said to ressemble a Microfighter build)
  • Dimensions: 40 x 60 cm
  • Display stand for the minifigs, but no stand for the model itself (has landing gear though)
  • Detailed interior

Can‘t wait for the reveal! :wub:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Promobricks provide some new details for the Razor Crest (https://www.promobricks.de/lego-75331-ucs-razor-crest-neue-details/149431/):

• 600€/$
  • 4 minifigs: pre-Beskar Mando with printed arms, Grogu in his pram, Kuiil with backpack, Mythrol
  • Display stand for the minifigs, but no stand for the model itself (has landing gear though)
  • Detailed interior

Though I didn't mention it here, I predicted the pre-beskar Mando with arm printing! This sounds great! I won't be buying the set but I really hope that the Bricklink prices for the figs don't get too high. I wonder if there'll be an easy way for me to buy the blurrg separarely too...

Edited by AD_Bricks

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

• 600€/$
  • Detailed interior

Really glad they decided not to do a display stand, re-directing pieces and budget to other places. I can't wait to see the Blurrg!

Brickbuilt Blurgg is garbage especially for that price. WIth the stickers on this too, this is such an easy pass.

Edited by AyeMatey

14 minutes ago, AyeMatey said:

Brickbuilt Blurgg is garbage especially for that price. WIth the stickers on this too, this is such an easy pass.

Wow... haven't seen anything yet and it's already garbage? Maybe wait for the thing to be released? Stickers are a definite pain, but I'd give it a look before I ruled it out entirely.

15 minutes ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

Wow... haven't seen anything yet and it's already garbage? Maybe wait for the thing to be released? Stickers are a definite pain, but I'd give it a look before I ruled it out entirely.

Lol, yes, no matter what it ends up being those things in and of itself make this a garbage set. Price, stickers and shitty brick built creature. Nevermind 4 total minifigs lol. Garbage. You people can be sensitive to opinions. Get over yourself kid.

12 minutes ago, AyeMatey said:

Lol, yes, no matter what it ends up being those things in and of itself make this a garbage set. Price, stickers and shitty brick built creature. Nevermind 4 total minifigs lol. Garbage. You people can be sensitive to opinions. Get over yourself kid.

Geez. Is the ISD garbage for 2 figures? Would the falcon have been garbage with 4 figures? I'm not being "sensative" to your opinion, I'm just gonna point out that if your metric for a UCS set is number of figs, you're gonna be disappointed. We haven't seen the actual main set yet, which is kinda most of what those $600 go towards. Sure, stickers aren't the greatest thing, but I don't think that makes a set garbage. As for price, we haven't seen the set yet, so how do you know if the price is bad? Same for the brick built creature, unless you've somehow seen images already, we have no idea whether it's good or not.

53 minutes ago, AyeMatey said:

and shitty brick built creature

But what if - get this - it turns out to be a good brick built creature? Crazy proposition, right?

50 minutes ago, AyeMatey said:

You people can be sensitive to opinions. Get over yourself kid.

Disagreement doesn't equal sensitivity, but in fairness my "wow" and questions might have given that vibe. "Garbage" and like-rhetoric before you've seen the model apart from the other details is just strange to me. UCS sets are mostly about the model for me; figs and brick-built creatures are secondary at best. I'll personally wait to actually see the set, but respect if stickers, figs, and price are deal-breakers. Also, I'm in my mid-30's, married, and father of 3, so "kid" is a bit of an odd title. :wink:

13 minutes ago, AD_Bricks said:

But what if - get this - it turns out to be a good brick built creature? Crazy proposition, right?

Yep. It depends on the piece count devoted to it, but I think this could look really cool.

Opinions vary but personally I've never had a problem with a brick built construction toy containing things that are, I dunno, built with bricks. Although I am biased as I liked all the micro fighter creatures and wish we saw more of them (e.g. Blurrg vs off world Jawa sandcrawler).

I won't be buying it but if the Razor Crest does contain a brick built Blurrg it will be easy to download the instructions and build it separately (looking at you Twin Pod Cloud Car from Betrayal At Cloud City) - or do the same with one of the many mocs out there - something that wouldn't be possible with a moulded creature.

There‘s no way they‘d ever include a big exclusive creature part like that in a D2C :tongue: I‘m sure the only reason the Wampa, Tauntaun, and Dewback were featured in D2C sets was because the moulds for them already existed.

While I‘d prefer a newly moulded part too, a brick-built version will do. Better than not having a Blurrg at all!

5 hours ago, AyeMatey said:

I think if Lego are going to make moulded animals there are some I'd put in front of a blurrg. Personally I'd like Bantha as it's in PT, OT and TBOBF

I've suggested this before, but I still think the discourse on this forum might be improved by a rule against criticizing sets on the basis of what you imagine they're going to look like.

A few more minifigs would have been nice but I'm happy with what is included, and can't wait for pictures of the actual model. Crazy that a rumour that a lot of us (myself included) initially dismissed as "too good to be true" is actually a real set.

It will interesting to see what this means for the future of D2C SW sets, as this is the first one based on content outside of the main saga films. Assuming that it's successful, there could be more D2C sets based on the Disney+ shows, or possibly Rogue One, Solo or maybe even the video games?

I am a little bit dissapointed with the recent information about the set. I was hoping for more minifigures, because if the model is "minifig scale" like Millennium Falcon and not scaled up like Republic Gunship, it would be great opportunity to include much more minifigs than just 4.

Regarding Mandalorian BP helmets - I am pretty sure that their desing was based on these:

the-mandalorian-helmets-t-shirt-artwork1

8 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

I've suggested this before, but I still think the discourse on this forum might be improved by a rule against criticizing sets on the basis of what you imagine they're going to look like.

I'm not going to make it a rule. But it is very good advice and I will add it as a strong suggestion to the first post.

Do we know how silver it’s going to be? If most of the service detail is drum lacquered, I’ll be very interested. But if it’s mostly grey with some accents…eh