MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

If you have news on the 2023 sets please feel free to post it in the News thread. That includes just copying and pasting lists from credible sources which is totally fine and helpful for the rest of us. And 2023 is open for discussion as well. :classic:

On 8/17/2022 at 9:42 AM, Jazzahh said:

I think these were mostely guestimated, but perhaps Frog Lady? And someone thought Ahsoka might show up, but I’m not really sold on that idea tbh.

On 8/18/2022 at 5:09 AM, Meadius said:

I think Ahsoka makes a lot of sense, though I wouldn't say she seems guaranteed either. The main point in her favor is that it's all but certain we'll get a modern version of her in at least one set next year between Mando S3 and her own show; since that's the case, it's not hard to imagine that Lego might just make that figure temporarily exclusive to the UCS Razorcrest before she shows up in other, cheaper sets next year. 

Ohh I hope we get frog lady some how, I feared she might the too obscure levels as some other characters, but I love frog lady. Ahsoka would be nice to get too but less interesting choice as she is bound to appear eventually.

8 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Ohh I hope we get frog lady some how, I feared she might the too obscure levels as some other characters, but I love frog lady. Ahsoka would be nice to get too but less interesting choice as she is bound to appear eventually.

The frog lady would be fun, and as you said, she doesn't seem likely too appear anywhere else. I think there are some other (named) characters they'll prioritize, but depending on how big the figure line up is I think she's got a decent shot. She's certainly one of the more memorable one-off characters, to me at least. 

4 hours ago, Meadius said:

The frog lady would be fun, and as you said, she doesn't seem likely too appear anywhere else. I think there are some other (named) characters they'll prioritize, but depending on how big the figure line up is I think she's got a decent shot. She's certainly one of the more memorable one-off characters, to me at least. 

how many mini figures can we expect from UCS Razor Crest realistically? 8 like in Millennium Falcon?   

2022 is a pretty good year for Star Wars sets IMO. I was checking my collection on Brickset and it's been quite a while since I bought/wanted so many sets from one year. Not counting the mandalorian warrior magazine gift I count six; I own the snowtrooper BP, the P1 clone pack and Obi Wan's starfighter, and on my wishlist are the Hoth rebel pack, the republic fighter tank (whenever I don't miss one of those few hour windows when they are available) and the AT-TE. I even got my wife on board for that one :grin:

So yeah, as I said, it was(?) a good year.

Just now, Big_Daddy said:

2022 is a pretty good year for Star Wars sets IMO. I was checking my collection on Brickset and it's been quite a while since I bought/wanted so many sets from one year. Not counting the mandalorian warrior magazine gift I count six; I own the snowtrooper BP, the P1 clone pack and Obi Wan's starfighter, and on my wishlist are the Hoth rebel pack, the republic fighter tank (whenever I don't miss one of those few hour windows when they are available) and the AT-TE. I even got my wife on board for that one :grin:

I would've out that the other way around, seeing as I own a fighter tank and I'm trying to get a P1 clone pack but they're rarely available, I've never seen them in stock in store or online.

Yeah, I'm with @Agent Kallus here. I got a fighter tank day one (still haven't opened it, though), but haven't found any clone packs since I started looking.

I'll glady trade ya!

Edited by Mandalorianknight

9 hours ago, gradatim said:

how many mini figures can we expect from UCS Razor Crest realistically? 8 like in Millennium Falcon?   

Yeah, that’s about what I’m expecting. Maybe more, maybe less.

4 hours ago, Big_Daddy said:

I also think this has been a pretty good year for the theme, though I could say the same for the last two years. In spite of how sucky the 2020s have been overall, I think it’s been a great time to be a Lego Star Wars fan. I think I own most of the non-4+ playsets from the last few years (aside from this recent wave which I haven’t started to collect yet) and a handful of the 18+ ones as well.

I’ve found Fighter Tanks out in the wild at two different Targets recently, after never having seen the set out on store shelves. I only got one but I want to get another one eventually. Looks like they’re starting to become less scarce. The Clone Command Station, on the other hand, I don’t think I’ve seen at any Lego Store and I’ve hardly seen it available online. I’ve found the Hoth one many times however. Fortunately, I ordered three of the Command Stations when they first became available early this year, but it took like a month for me to receive them. It sucks because I’d like to get a couple more but who knows when they’ll be available again. I’ll probably just buy more of the plain clones loose in the meantime. This is why I don’t think it was a good idea for Lego to have battle packs, sorry “accessory sets”, as Shop@Home/Lego Store exclusives.

19 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Yeah, I'm with @Agent Kallus here. I got a fighter tank day one (still haven't opened it, though), but haven't found any clone packs since I started looking.

I'll glady trade ya!

Well if you lived next door... I have two of those P1 packs so that would not have been a problem :grin:

Finally got 2 of the Republic Fighter tank sets, love the new Mace Windu and the purple saber blade is really striking with the hazy color. I hope to somehow get a second blade so I can take a spare hilt and put it with my Darth Revan. Also, the purple clones are just so cool to me, love seeing another airborne. Might be my favorite look for a LEGO clone to-date. 

11 hours ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

Finally got 2 of the Republic Fighter tank sets, love the new Mace Windu and the purple saber blade is really striking with the hazy color. I hope to somehow get a second blade so I can take a spare hilt and put it with my Darth Revan.

Don't you already have a spare blade from the second set you bought?

2 hours ago, AD_Bricks said:

Don't you already have a spare blade from the second set you bought?

No, you only get spare hilts. 4L bars are not included as spare parts, only 3L ones :classic:

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

No, you only get spare hilts. 4L bars are not included as spare parts, only 3L ones :classic:

He means that with 2 sets you have two lightsabers ( and a spare Mace) and Mace only needs one.

1 minute ago, Agent Kallus said:

He means that with 2 sets you have two lightsabers ( and a spare Mace) and Mace only needs one.

Whoops, misread that! My bad :blush:

I'm super glad I picked up the Fighter Tank when I saw it in the US because the figures are just that good, but does the unsightly gap between the white canopy and the sides bug anyone else ideologically?

It reeks of a designer going "hey, I have a neat idea for the front, what about recolouring that canopy in white?", then playing around with it for a while and finding it wasn't a perfect fit, but someone saying "screw it, we've spent enough time on it, release it as is and nobody will care".

Because yeah it seems like a NPU, but then doesn't actually 100% work and I'm sure LEGO knows that.

11 hours ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

*face palm* yes, you are right. I accept the cone of shame...

How would Prototype Boba Fett wear the cone of shame, though? I need answers.

19 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

I'm super glad I picked up the Fighter Tank when I saw it in the US because the figures are just that good, but does the unsightly gap between the white canopy and the sides bug anyone else ideologically?

It reeks of a designer going "hey, I have a neat idea for the front, what about recolouring that canopy in white?", then playing around with it for a while and finding it wasn't a perfect fit, but someone saying "screw it, we've spent enough time on it, release it as is and nobody will care".

Because yeah it seems like a NPU, but then doesn't actually 100% work and I'm sure LEGO knows that.

I haven't built mine yet, but it 100% bugs me in the pictures I've seen. I think your theory is totally accurate. On the bright side, the 2017 model was pretty nice, and having the x-wing canopy in white is great. Is it good enough to offset how weirdly it fits? No. I'm just trying to find silver linings for this model since I already bought it. As-is, I might just hold on to it for a few years and sell it once sealed prices get high, which would probably be a smart move money-wise but would leave me feeling guilty that I got one when it was scarce (even though I didn't know the extent at the time).

54 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Is it good enough to offset how weirdly it fits? No. I'm just trying to find silver linings for this model since I already bought it. 

IMO it's good enough to appear in a display with other stuff for a whole battle scene, which is how I have it now. The model isn't great with the very flat sides, as pretty much every review has pointed out, but it's fine as one thing amongst others.

Admittedly it might look better or the gap might be less noticeable with the stickers applied, which I haven't done because I'd like the option of disassembling it for parts at some stage.

1 hour ago, Clone OPatra said:

Built mine last week, it looks a lot better in person. You can also easily flip two plates around to get rid of the gap. If it wasn't for the flat sides and height it would easily be my favorite rendition of it but for now I still prefer the 2017 one model wise. 

26 minutes ago, Gontron said:

Built mine last week, it looks a lot better in person. You can also easily flip two plates around to get rid of the gap.

I'm talking about in person. Which two plates get rid of the gap? I couldn't get the canopy to angle perfectly flush with the sides (though without changing anything on the model).

2 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

I'm talking about in person. Which two plates get rid of the gap? I couldn't get the canopy to angle perfectly flush with the sides (though without changing anything on the model).

You can get kinda close if you flip or remove the railed plates towards the window that prevent the canopy from lowering.

Just now, Gontron said:

You can get kinda close if you flip or remove the railed plates towards the window that prevent the canopy from lowering.

Ah ok. I might try that out. Though like I said, I don't think the gap kills the model by any means, it just feels like LEGO being like "meh good enough".

Yeah I got rid of the gap on mine, just take out the the 2 1x2 with rails and let the x-wing canopy nestle further in. I also modified the interior so it would hold more troops.

My biggest disappointment with it is that they haven't give the cannons on the sides enough friction so they the d to drop down. But that should be fixable but you might need to add parts where as all the mods I did were just removing parts.

11 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

How would Prototype Boba Fett wear the cone of shame, though? I need answers.

Would you accept the very vague and non-convincing answer of "very carefully"? 

With respect to the fighter tank, having just built it, it does look a lot better in person in my opinion. The gap isn't super noticeable to me. Also, my blaster cannons don't droop, but the technic pins on the ends are rather loose, which bothers me. Just my 2 cents on the matter. 

21 hours ago, Gontron said:

You could also just have the 1 rail plate in the middle instead of 2 side by side. Significantly reduces the gap but still prevents the canopy from closing too far.