MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

FYI for those looking to get a deal on The Scythe in the US, it’s shown up at some Costco locations for 20% off retail. I’ve also seen some people finding The Bad Batch Attack Shuttle there for even bigger discounts, so be sure to keep an eye out.

6 minutes ago, The Stud said:

FYI for those looking to get a deal on The Scythe in the US, it’s shown up at some Costco locations for 20% off retail. I’ve also seen some people finding The Bad Batch Attack Shuttle there for even bigger discounts, so be sure to keep an eye out.

I've seen posts on Reddit of people getting Boba Fett's Palace for stupidly low prices from Costco.

How much do we think the UCS razor crest will be in the UK. I'm tempted by the idea ( though seeing the thing will obviously affect my choices) but I need to budget, I've never bought a set that expensive before. Only this year did I buy my first over £130.

1 hour ago, The Stud said:

Darn! Costco does get a couple sets at discount but you never know what they will be. I may need to return my scythe when it arrives! And save some Cash!

4 hours ago, The Stud said:

Hmm...I always assumed they all got the same stock of stuff. A buddy was at ours the other day & it had the Bad Batch Shuttle & Imperial Light Cruiser. It would’ve been nice to get the Scythe for as cheap as Costco, as it’s a deal even at normal price. Speaking of......

I really do want the Justifier but man, that price to piece count is hard to swallow. The ship looks to be big enough to make it seem worth it & Fennec with her helmet & Todo 360 are huge draws as well. I’m really hoping it shows up at Costco so the purchase won’t hurt so bad. 

FYI Republic Fighter Tank just appeared in Lego online store. Looks like this time they limited purchase to 2 pcs... 

and is already gone... in 2 hours everything sold out... This is the best joke of the year together with Clone Trooper Command Station

Edited by gradatim

So I ended up getting the set I though I would not be getting: the Justifier. The Intertoys stores here sell it for €134 at the moment instead of the €170 Lego wants, so that is a good enough discount to make it worth it for me.

They also have the AT-TE for €119 (if still in stock) and the Scythe and BD-1for €12 cheaper than Lego’s price.

7 hours ago, gradatim said:

FYI Republic Fighter Tank just appeared in Lego online store. Looks like this time they limited purchase to 2 pcs... 

and is already gone... in 2 hours everything sold out... This is the best joke of the year together with Clone Trooper Command Station

The Clone Trooper Command Station situation is why I don't like Lego's approach to minifigure packs over battlepacks. They end up producing less of them resulting in heavy scalping for desirable army building figures. The only BP that had a similar stock issue was the Mandalorian BP but that was resolved by this time. 

On 8/7/2022 at 2:32 PM, Csaba said:

I've seen posts on Reddit of people getting Boba Fett's Palace for stupidly low prices from Costco.

I didn’t post it on Reddit, but I was one of those people who got Boba’s Palace for stupidly low price at Costco. 😂

I got two copies of that set for $60 each and two additional copies of the Dark Trooper Attack (I already had one at the time) for $18 each. I built bigger and better version of both sets with all those pieces, and was happy to have extras of a lot of those figures.

21 hours ago, Vindicare said:

I really do want the Justifier but man, that price to piece count is hard to swallow. The ship looks to be big enough to make it seem worth it & Fennec with her helmet & Todo 360 are huge draws as well. I’m really hoping it shows up at Costco so the purchase won’t hurt so bad. 

Same here. I mainly just want the exclusive figures (and wouldn’t say no to extras of helmeted Fennec and Hunter) because I’m unsure if we’ll get those specific figures in other sets and the three exclusive ones are going for like $30-50 each currently.

I have like $190 worth of points saved up. If it weren’t for the fact that I’m saving my VIP points to get a discount on the UCS Star Destroyer before it retires, I’d just use them towards The Justifier. Whatever points I get from the UCS Star Destroyer, plus the UCS Razor Crest any other big Lego purchases I plan on making early next year, will help me save a little.

2 hours ago, Gontron said:

The Clone Trooper Command Station situation is why I don't like Lego's approach to minifigure packs over battlepacks. They end up producing less of them resulting in heavy scalping for desirable army building figures. The only BP that had a similar stock issue was the Mandalorian BP but that was resolved by this time. 

Same. When I heard that Lego were bringing back battle packs, and also doing accessory sets now, I thought the smart approach would be to make the army builders more widely available as regular battle packs and let the Accessory Sets fill the role of the less massable battle packs with named characters, like the Bounty Hunter one or the Jedi/Clone Trooper one. In the case of the Command Station specifically: I think it’s crazy that after seeing the success of the 501st Clone Trooper set, Lego decided to make their next clone army building set something you can only get on Shop@Home or at their physical stores. And that’s only if you were lucky to find it in stock the handful of times it was available. 

Sure, it’s made a profit for them, but imagine how much more money they could have made if they just released it as a normal wide-release battle pack.

On 8/8/2022 at 10:50 PM, The Stud said:

I didn’t post it on Reddit, but I was one of those people who got Boba’s Palace for stupidly low price at Costco. 😂

I got two copies of that set for $60 each and two additional copies of the Dark Trooper Attack (I already had one at the time) for $18 each. I built bigger and better version of both sets with all those pieces, and was happy to have extras of a lot of those figures.

It's been cheaper than that!!!

I would have taken the lot for parts at that price.

50% off Lego in my local Game in the UK. Only had one Star Wars set in which was The Justifier. I wasn’t interested in it really before but I’m not passing on it at £70!

I ordered a Clone Army Customs sun visor and jetpack for Cody, as well as the Series 2 Marge arms, and wow he looks absolutely fantastic, an already great figure made near-perfect in my opinion. Definitely recommended and doesn't cost much to source them either. 

Edited by Willsy

17 minutes ago, executeorder_sixtybrix said:

New high quality photos of Kuill are out in the usual place. The angle from the side actually makes his head appear a little less exaggerated. 

Yeah it really doesn't look too bad with HQ images. 

2 hours ago, Willsy said:

I ordered a Clone Army Customs sun visor and jetpack for Cody, as well as the Series 2 Marge arms, and wow he looks absolutely fantastic, an already great figure made near-perfect in my opinion. Definitely recommended and doesn't cost much to source them either. 

So the AT-TE really was just delayed in North America. Even Australia had them! (allegedly, it's out of stock on the lego AU website)

I received the fall lego catalog and it specifically says about the justifier set that "fans can role-play star wars: the bad batch season 2 scenes". Just thought that was an odd tidbit. The lego catalogs definately aren't error-free, but it is weird that they specifically say season 2 (despite the figure setup and features clearly being based on 1x9). If it does show up in season 2, and lego knew about it beforehand, that would definately make the decision to produce the set more logical.

5 hours ago, Willsy said:

I ordered a Clone Army Customs sun visor

Can I ask which one, with or without pins? I would be very curious to see a picture as I was condidering doing the same.

11 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Even Australia had them! (allegedly, it's out of stock on the lego AU website)

Can confirm. I got one as soon as it was in my local LEGO store and haven't seen any since then. In fact, before that, I ordered one from Kmart but they cancelled my order because it turned out that they lied and didn't actually have it in stock.

Edited by AD_Bricks

11 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I received the fall lego catalog and it specifically says about the justifier set that "fans can role-play star wars: the bad batch season 2 scenes". Just thought that was an odd tidbit. The lego catalogs definately aren't error-free, but it is weird that they specifically say season 2 (despite the figure setup and features clearly being based on 1x9). If it does show up in season 2, and lego knew about it beforehand, that would definately make the decision to produce the set more logical.

It would make a little more sense if Lego did know something we didn't, but as you pointed out it's strange that the designs would be from S1 if it was made because of it appearing in S2. 

Even if it was made because it shows up in the new season, seeing more pictures and reviews of this thing has only left me more confused on why it was made in the first place. Not only is it way too expensive, but speaking purely in terms of size, it just seems too big. Obviously it's plenty big in the show, but it's not minifig scale (as far as I remember at least), and the interior details included could have been done at a smaller scale. It really feels to me like it should have been scaled down a bit and sold for $100 (probably $110 with the price increases). 

16 hours ago, executeorder_sixtybrix said:

New high quality photos of Kuill are out in the usual place. The angle from the side actually makes his head appear a little less exaggerated. 

Definite improvement on what we've seen before. However, I'm still not convinced by it.

12 hours ago, Meadius said:

It would make a little more sense if Lego did know something we didn't, but as you pointed out it's strange that the designs would be from S1 if it was made because of it appearing in S2. 

Even if it was made because it shows up in the new season, seeing more pictures and reviews of this thing has only left me more confused on why it was made in the first place. Not only is it way too expensive, but speaking purely in terms of size, it just seems too big. Obviously it's plenty big in the show, but it's not minifig scale (as far as I remember at least), and the interior details included could have been done at a smaller scale. It really feels to me like it should have been scaled down a bit and sold for $100 (probably $110 with the price increases). 

It is just such an odd choice. Like you say, even if the justifier was in S2, there's no reason for it to be this big. I mean, the Havoc marauder had ~150 pieces of side builds, and it was only $100. And that's the main ship of the show! It can't even fit a full squad of 5. When the villain ship that's on screen for maybe a few minutes has a set 58% larger than the MAIN HERO SHIP, you know something's gone wrong. (Since they're both around the same size in canon. I'm not saying Luke's X-wing should be a more expensive set than Slave 1)

11 hours ago, Csaba said:

Definite improvement on what we've seen before. However, I'm still not convinced by it.

It looks no better to me as a mold. I mean, it looks better from the side than it does from the front, but that's not exactly a saving grace to it. If I want to display Kuill, I don't want to have his neck snapped at a 90 degree angle.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It is just such an odd choice. Like you say, even if the justifier was in S2, there's no reason for it to be this big. I mean, the Havoc marauder had ~150 pieces of side builds, and it was only $100. And that's the main ship of the show! It can't even fit a full squad of 5. When the villain ship that's on screen for maybe a few minutes has a set 58% larger than the MAIN HERO SHIP, you know something's gone wrong. (Since they're both around the same size in canon. I'm not saying Luke's X-wing should be a more expensive set than Slave 1)

It looks no better to me as a mold. I mean, it looks better from the side than it does from the front, but that's not exactly a saving grace to it. If I want to display Kuill, I don't want to have his neck snapped at a 90 degree angle.

Saw this on the shelf at Walmart today, you are not kidding, much larger box than I would have thought! And as a fan of Bad Batch I had to go back and remember what this ship was. They could have brought those figs as part of a smaller set, or different set altogether. And with these new prices! Yikes!

On 8/11/2022 at 12:53 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

Yeah, I noticed that as well. I definitely think we’ll see more of Cad Bane and Fennec this season, especially after TBOBF, so it makes the set choice a little less confusing.

39 minutes ago, distantnemesis said:

brickset has 75303 and 75331 as the last sets for star wars this year, i know one will be the UCS razor crest but what is the other one?

I want to say that 75303 is either a skipped set number or a cancelled set. The only other Star Wars set we could expect to get this year is maybe a promo to go with the Razor Crest, but that set number would be with the other promotional sets I believe.

Edited by The Stud

23 hours ago, Meadius said:

They likely made it based off of season 1 just so that they could squeeze out season 1 Omega before moving on to season 2 stuff, and then when season 2 comes out and the ship theoretically appears, there'll still be a good reason to buy it even though some of the figs will be less relevant.

3 hours ago, distantnemesis said:

brickset has 75303 and 75331 as the last sets for star wars this year, i know one will be the UCS razor crest but what is the other one?

A cancelled set from previous years.