MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

The August wave is already available in Greece,the AT-TE is also available for purchase so I'm assuming the delay won't happen worldwide.

Oh, nice that they're already in stores, where you are!
And yeah, I believe it was confirmed a week or so ago the delay is only for North-America.

I pre-ordered the AT-TE and Jedi Starfighter, so they should be arriving soon :sweet: 

Regards,
Mitch

Edited by CF Mitch

12 hours ago, CF Mitch said:

And yeah, I believe it was confirmed a week or so ago the delay is only for North-America.

It seems in Australia that the AT-TE is delayed to the 10th (and the Justifier to the 17th) in LEGO stores in Australia. Still gonna be available on LEGO.com though.

Yesterday my local LEGO store got the Scythe, Ambush, and Starfighter, so of course I bought them. I'm surprised more people aren't talking about how great the Scythe's value is. If you're purchasing it alongside the Ambush on Ferrix, the Ambush's terrible price is easily made up for by the Scythe. Like, this thing is massive. And the Inquisitors are at least 5x better in real life than in pictures.

Edited by AD_Bricks

I pre-ordered BD-1, so I thought I'd be spared waiting until midnight anxiously hitting refresh on lego.com, but of course, I forgot to pre-order 10497 and now have to do that exact thing. :sad: 

I wish everyone luck in obtaining any non-pre-orderable sets that might go out of stock tonight!

Woooow, I'm dumb. Completely forgot what day it was. Ignore this post.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

2 hours ago, AD_Bricks said:

It seems in Australia that the AT-TE is delayed to the 10th (and the Justifier to the 17th) in LEGO stores in Australia. Still gonna be available on LEGO.com though.

Yesterday my local LEGO store got the Scythe, Ambush, and Starfighter, so of course I bought them. I'm surprised more people aren't talking about how great the Scythe's value is. If you're purchasing it alongside the Ambush on Ferrix, the Ambush's terrible price is easily made up for by the Scythe. Like, this thing is massive. And the Inquisitors are at least 5x better in real life than in pictures.

People in Australia have been picking the AT-TE up in stores all weekend long.

The scythe has shipped! Just in time for my 2 week vacation to start tomorrow. I can't wait to put it together and display it next to Vader's castle.

So the AT-TE is definitely delayed in the US for both online and in-store? 

14 hours ago, Darth Malgus said:

People in Australia have been picking the AT-TE up in stores all weekend long.

Wait, HUH? I haven't been able to find it anywhere! Anyway, it's August 1st over here now, so I'll surely be able to find it somewhere.

16 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I pre-ordered BD-1, so I thought I'd be spared waiting until midnight anxiously hitting refresh on lego.com, but of course, I forgot to pre-order 10497 and now have to do that exact thing. :sad: 

I wish everyone luck in obtaining any non-pre-orderable sets that might go out of stock tonight!

Woooow, I'm dumb. Completely forgot what day it was. Ignore this post.

I dont get why you think your dumb, your correction made no sense to me, so either this is just nonsense, or im even dumber...

So strange how different the demands/needs and supply can be. I almost never see anything getting out of stock here, and if they do, its definitely not the first few days (with exception of hefty discounts)

2 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

I dont get why you think your dumb, your correction made no sense to me, so either this is just nonsense, or im even dumber...

So strange how different the demands/needs and supply can be. I almost never see anything getting out of stock here, and if they do, its definitely not the first few days (with exception of hefty discounts)

The sets come out at midnight Aug 1 in my time zone. On July 30, I stayed up until midnight thinking it was July 31st, which is what the post was about. Basically I just got the date of the set release wrong. Again, just ignore it.

4 hours ago, Gontron said:

So the AT-TE is definitely delayed in the US for both online and in-store? 

Definately delayed in the US. Unlike every other Aug 1 set, it just says "coming soon". Very unfortunate, it seemed to be the most popular set of the wave from what I've seen here.

On 7/28/2022 at 2:56 AM, The Stud said:

I have my fingers crossed crossed for both of those next year, and I think a 212th Battle Pack in particular is somewhat likely. It's still crazy to me that Lego prioritized Cad Bane's freighter from like one or two episodes over Crosshair's Shuttle that shows up in several episodes. Lego really needs to start making more than just one Bad Batch set a year.

Aside from seeing everything else included in the Advent Calendar I guess, is the UCS Razor Crest the only 2022 Star Wars set we haven't seen yet? Should we expect another promo like the last few fall UCS/MBS sets?

A lightsaber with the UCS RC would make it a day one purchase for me. With the way things are at the moment it seems likely that price increases will occur during it's lifespan so waiting for discounts could result in you paying more for it. 

2022 SW Advent Calendar details now listed on the LEGO website (link)

It looks like an improvement from last year but I'm not sure about Darth - he looks totally out of place!

I like this year's Advent Calendar. The minifigure selection is great, although there are too many microbuilds imo.

Hoth Luke hanging upside down is a great addition. 

15 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I like this year's Advent Calendar. The minifigure selection is great, although there are too many microbuilds imo.

Hoth Luke hanging upside down is a great addition. 

Agreed. I much prefer when they do minifigure scale little additions and scenary. I think the Guardians and Harry Potter calendars did a better job with having more minifigure scale stuff.

That said, Hoth luke is genius. I might get this on sale after christmas, since I somehow lack a clone commander still, and don't have Hoth Luke either, so the figures would be a nice bonus. On the other hand, three of the 6 minifigures (and sure 7 if you count the generic battle droid we always get) are not going to fit into canon situations at all. I thought the ugly sweaters were funny in 2020, but for some reason C-3PO and especially R2's just aren't doing it for me. And vader seems just completely out of place, like @Lobot said. I think the 2021 christmas mando was done nicely, where he was christmas themed, but the torso was still usable in a general SW setting. Obviously it'd be hard to do that for every year's christmas exclusives, but did they have to make half the characters gimmicky? Vader is still the most annoying to me, as he's neither usable in a general SW setting OR winter themed.

On 8/1/2022 at 6:00 AM, AD_Bricks said:

Wait, HUH? I haven't been able to find it anywhere! Anyway, it's August 1st over here now, so I'll surely be able to find it somewhere.

People were getting the Saturday, all over social media. I picked 1 up.

18 minutes ago, Darth Malgus said:

People were getting the Saturday, all over social media. I picked 1 up.

They came in stock in a place near me today, but no click and collect is available so I may or may not be able to get one... hopefully I can.

10 hours ago, Lobot said:

I'm not sure about Darth - he looks totally out of place!

At least everyone in the southern hemisphere finally has a relatable advent calendar fig, lol :wink:

Plus, it's a nice tie-in to the summer holiday special coming out in a few days.

Edited by AD_Bricks

BD-1 arrived today (That's a cool thing pre-ordering gets you, I guess. My Galaxy Explorer that I ordered less than a half hour after it became available is still in warehouse.)

I'm only halfway done, but the set is everything I wanted it to be so far. Stable, looks great, has solid articulation, fairly sizable (not to bring up the whole "how tall is BD-1, is he as tall as todo, is todo as tall as yoda" thing again), etc.

My one issue is the instructions, and it's really just general annoyance at the new instruction style. The little figure marking progress and the stars every time you complete a chunk are fine (maybe a little out of place in a 14+ set though), but the cover looks pretty bad. Not to mention, I have a lot of pages where the numbers or parts of the build are cut off a bit by the page ending, and one page has some weird printing error where it almost looks like someone spilled ink on it or something. I've never run into these in any other set I've built, so I'm assuming with my giant sample size of 1 that the quality drop has something to do with the new instructions.

12 hours ago, Lobot said:

2022 SW Advent Calendar details now listed on the LEGO website (link)

It looks like an improvement from last year but I'm not sure about Darth - he looks totally out of place!

Looks exactly like Christmas holidays to me.

Why are Battle Droids and Snowtroopers included in almost every single AC? :wacko: I‘m SOOO tired of these two. Most of the builds and holiday variant minifigs are pretty neat though

Looks like only one weapons rack in the AC - a definite improvement on last year's. The holiday themed figures are fun - from both hemispheres this time! - and the micro builds look good. I wish they'd bring back the days of getting an Antoc Merrick or Cloud Car Pilot in the calendar though.

1 hour ago, MaximillianRebo said:

Looks like only one weapons rack in the AC - a definite improvement on last year's. The holiday themed figures are fun - from both hemispheres this time! - and the micro builds look good. I wish they'd bring back the days of getting an Antoc Merrick or Cloud Car Pilot in the calendar though.

I agree that one weapons rack is an improvement but they essentially substituted a WR for a playwall. I do like the microbuilds, though, and might part them out.

The AC is a definite no from me. The models are pretty good actually, but Tropic Vader and his sand castle are a deal breaker. I don't care that Christmas in the southern hemisphere is a summer affair, up here it's cold and I like my Christmas associated stuff snowy, even if it hardly snows anymore around here.

The Vader figure is fun though.