MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

13 hours ago, Gontron said:

Maybe they're going to fix the printing issue on the helmets? They look kinda wonky in some reviews. 

Ah, I see. Wasn't aware of that, but yeah, who knows.

17 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Clearly, lego P2 Commander Cody is not supposed to exist, and him being manufactured into physical form has caused glitches in the Matrix.

I was thinking something similar at first :laugh:

By now it seems the delay is only for North America, so I'm kinda relieved.
Too bad for the people over there, though :sceptic:

Regards,
Mitch

The 212th visor prints in official images look wider as well, more in line with the 2014 versions. I wonder if the print in the final set is a prototype version that they accidently put into production. If so I hope they'll ship out new helmets to those who own the set. 

Also, regarding Obi-Wan's Starfighter, any ideas as to how to close the gaps on the wings, besides falling back on hinged plates? I really cannot look past them, they were distracting on Anakin's CW Starfighter and they are just as distracting here. It's quite a notable blemish on an otherwise beautiful looking set. 

5 hours ago, Willsy said:

The 212th visor prints in official images look wider as well, more in line with the 2014 versions. I wonder if the print in the final set is a prototype version that they accidently put into production. If so I hope they'll ship out new helmets to those who own the set. 

Also, regarding Obi-Wan's Starfighter, any ideas as to how to close the gaps on the wings, besides falling back on hinged plates? I really cannot look past them, they were distracting on Anakin's CW Starfighter and they are just as distracting here. It's quite a notable blemish on an otherwise beautiful looking set. 

I think it's the the box art / official images' visors that are wrong in a way, because they're using renders again. If you look at the box art and equivalent images for the recent Republic Fighter Tank, which used renders for this 2020 style of phase 2 clone in such images for the first time, the 187th visors (and also cheek printing) are the same as we see the 212th renders, with the visor & frown area looking more horizontally stretched out with the edges of the frown getting closer to the cheeks, and the cheek printing looking more rounded than what we got on the real thing. In comparison the actual production 187th matched the production 501st prints as you would expect, and similarly so do the 212th helmets we've seen from the sets given to reviewers. In fact looking back at the instruction booklet for the 501st set the helmet prints looked to match these 212th / 187th renders there as well (though the renders are to a much lower standard of course). So I think it's just Lego's 3D models not 100% matching what they'll make.

Edited by Sabre-aN

20220722_194807

Ambush on Ferrix in stock at my local Target. No other August sets, this one just looked like shelf filler to replace sold out stuff

For anyone wondering about the price in the photo above - it's for 10696 Medium Creative Brick Box. Just imagine a SW Brick Box, full of light bley, dark bley, black, white, reddish brown, light and dark tan, maybe some sand blue for good measure...

On 7/20/2022 at 11:39 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

I agree in part, but not entirely. What Cara's actress said isn't remotely the same as what the Mythrol's actor did, and  since if lego didn't make characters for actors that said controversial things, we would lose a LOT of characters, I agree that we'll still see her (and hope. the current figure doesn't look much like her so I'd like a better one). And like I said, I also think since the mythrol doesn't look like what's-his-face, he's totally fair game. But on the other hand, I don't think they'd make a face print in the likeness of someone who did something like what the Mythrol's actor did. I'm not saying I wouldn't want them too, I can separate, say, the flash from his actor, but I'm not sure if they will. And speaking of the flash, that should be a good test of how far lego goes in this regard. There's a set for the film (assumably containing his figure) that's been delayed alongside the film since the guy who plays flash decided to go commit all of the crimes known to man. So if the set ever releases, it'll be interesting to see if an Ezra Miller Flash figure is included.

How strong is the evidence against Horatio Sanz? His Wikipedia page states that he has claimed that the accusations are "categorically false". A cursory look on Google doesn't turn up much in the way of evidence either way.

So, are we actually getting a fall wave of any kind, or is this it for 2022 LEGO Star Wars playsets? IIRC there wasn't one last year. 

9 hours ago, Csaba said:

How strong is the evidence against Horatio Sanz? His Wikipedia page states that he has claimed that the accusations are "categorically false". A cursory look on Google doesn't turn up much in the way of evidence either way.

Not the right place for this discussion. You all can discuss it in the Media topic linked in my signature.

23 hours ago, MaximillianRebo said:

For anyone wondering about the price in the photo above - it's for 10696 Medium Creative Brick Box. Just imagine a SW Brick Box, full of light bley, dark bley, black, white, reddish brown, light and dark tan, maybe some sand blue for good measure...

If that existed I would definitely buy at least 2. All my sets are built and on display so for making "MOCs" I don't have anything to work with but rainbow pieces from existing LEGO Classic sets.

On 7/22/2022 at 7:29 PM, ForgedInLego said:

Ambush on Ferrix in stock at my local Target. No other August sets, this one just looked like shelf filler to replace sold out stuff

$28.49? You should buy em! :laugh: (Yes, I know, I know, it's not the actual price)

My first thought was that it was crazy how early you found that, but I suppose it's only a week out. Not sure how well that set's gonna sell, though. No real recognizable characters to kids, not many figs for the price, and well Andor has a good chance at being the Daredevil of Star Wars tv, I don't see it being a hit among children.

17 hours ago, Safwanus said:

So, are we actually getting a fall wave of any kind, or is this it for 2022 LEGO Star Wars playsets? IIRC there wasn't one last year. 

The spring waves in October were only for the sequel trilogy movies. Except for the large UCS/MBS set in September, generally everything is released in August.

On 7/24/2022 at 9:17 AM, Paul11283652 said:

The spring waves in October were only for the sequel trilogy movies. Except for the large UCS/MBS set in September, generally everything is released in August.

And of course advent in September 

Edit: Did we have a list of this year's AC figures?

Edited by Agent Kallus

1 hour ago, Agent Kallus said:

And of course advent in September 

Edit: Did we have a list of this year's AC figures?

Luke Skywalker, R2-D2, C3-PO, Darth Vader, Snowtrooper, Clone
      Trooper Comander, Battle Droid

On 7/24/2022 at 7:04 AM, Mandalorianknight said:

$28.49? You should buy em! :laugh: (Yes, I know, I know, it's not the actual price)

My first thought was that it was crazy how early you found that, but I suppose it's only a week out. Not sure how well that set's gonna sell, though. No real recognizable characters to kids, not many figs for the price, and well Andor has a good chance at being the Daredevil of Star Wars tv, I don't see it being a hit among children.

Not well informed regarding supes. But do u inply then that daredevil was popular among adults and Andor could be the same?

Some of the prices and set numbers for next year's Star Wars sets have just hit Instagram. No pictures or set names yet.

January 1
75344 (($9.99)
75345 ($19.99)
75346 ($34.99)
75347 ($64.99)
75348 ($99.99)
75352 ($99.99)
75353 ($79.99)

March 1
75349 ($69.99)
75350 ($69.99)

6 minutes ago, wesker said:

Some of the prices and set numbers for next year's Star Wars sets have just hit Instagram. No pictures or set names yet.

January 1
75344 (($9.99)
75345 ($19.99)
75346 ($34.99)
75347 ($64.99)
75348 ($99.99)
75352 ($99.99)
75353 ($79.99)

March 1
75349 ($69.99)
75350 ($69.99)

If true, winter waves are back baby. I’d expect 1 or 2 more sets too, exclusives, of course. 

Razor Crest seems to have gone up to $600. It’s a big bummer but I guess it’s still a good price for that piece count and minifigure selection.

Exciting to start getting 2023 news. 75345 is a battle pack probably and the two March sets are probably helmets.

I’d wager that some of these are Mando-related sets and maybe one of the $100 sets could be the Mantis since Jedi Survivor is reportedly coming in March.

Edited by The Stud

8 hours ago, GlacierPhoenix said:

Luke Skywalker, R2-D2, C3-PO, Darth Vader, Snowtrooper, Clone
      Trooper Comander, Battle Droid

unfortunately pretty boring line-up of figs =/

2 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

Not well informed regarding supes. But do u inply then that daredevil was popular among adults and Andor could be the same?

Daredevil not only widely regarded as the greatest superhero show of all time, but on a lot of review sites (like rotton tomatoes and the like), it's up there in the top television shows ever. You should watch it. It's incredible. I've been getting steadily more annoyed with the quality of many marvel shows recently, but Daredevil is a masterpiece. But definately not for kids. TV-MA violence, profanity, some...other mature content at certain points.

But anyway, yeah, that's pretty much what I meant, that Andor might be geared more towards adults than kids.

2 hours ago, wesker said:

January 1
75344 (($9.99)
75345 ($19.99)
75346 ($34.99)
75347 ($64.99)
75348 ($99.99)
75352 ($99.99)
75353 ($79.99)

March 1
75349 ($69.99)
75350 ($69.99)

So the march sets are helmets or dioramas, right?

Also agree with @ArrowBricks's sentiment that winter waves are back. A good number of sets, some of them pretty large for a winter wave. The only things missing are battle packs, but if they've continued with the accessory packs, then it might just be that the different set numbers stopped them from leaking alongside the other sets.

Oh boy, I hope that 20$ price point is a battle pack (preferably a 212th one).

1 minute ago, Gontron said:

Oh boy, I hope that 20$ price point is a battle pack (preferably a 212th one).

like I said

1 minute ago, Mandalorianknight said:

The only things missing are battle packs, but if they've continued with the accessory packs, then it might just be that the different set numbers stopped them from leaking alongside the other sets.

So my guess/hope is that the accessory packs are back (Not a fan of only 3 figs, but I prefer it to $20 for 4. Still at $5 a fig, but the accessory packs both had pretty solid builds compared to battle packs), and that the $19.99 one is either a micros two-pack or a new duel set.

12 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Daredevil not only widely regarded as the greatest superhero show of all time, but on a lot of review sites (like rotton tomatoes and the like), it's up there in the top television shows ever. You should watch it. It's incredible. I've been getting steadily more annoyed with the quality of many marvel shows recently, but Daredevil is a masterpiece. But definately not for kids. TV-MA violence, profanity, some...other mature content at certain points.

But anyway, yeah, that's pretty much what I meant, that Andor might be geared more towards adults than kids.

So the march sets are helmets or dioramas, right?

Also agree with @ArrowBricks's sentiment that winter waves are back. A good number of sets, some of them pretty large for a winter wave. The only things missing are battle packs, but if they've continued with the accessory packs, then it might just be that the different set numbers stopped them from leaking alongside the other sets.

Okey cool, might give it a chance then.

I don't really understand why they keep giving us so many Clone Commanders, especially in the Advent Calendar. I mean if you bought every set currently available or will be in the near future that has a Phase 1 Clone Trooper, you'd have 3 Clone Commanders and 2 Regular Clones. It just seems kind of lazy. If they threw in a Captain, Lieutenant, or Sergeant instead I would be willing to bet that the Advent Calendar would at least sell a little better than it's currently going to.

When do the rumors for the set names for a winter wave generally start showing up? Willing to bet the $9.99 is either a Millennium Falcon or Luke's Landspeeder Microfighter at this rate.

Either way I'm always excited to see what the next wave holds. The amount of movies and shows to pull from now and in the future is getting kind of crazy honestly.

The winter wave looks like it could be interesting, but I'm not going to get my hopes up yet. It could pretty realistically be 2 or 3 Mando sets along with some OG trilogy sets to round things out. If they do go that route, I'd hope they at least pull from some things we've seen less of lately, like Endor.

I'm hoping they get around to doing a couple more Andor sets, plus we can't forget Bad Batch season 2. I especially hope we get a Crosshair with the new helmet mould.