MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Well, there sure have been many leaks for the Razor Crest the past couple of days. Who knows, maybe we’ll get leaked pictures of the actual thing soon? Kuiil doesn’t look as bad as I expected from reading all of the negative comments on here about it, I actually kind of like it. It would be cool to see Ahsoka and the Mythrol, and I’m looking forward to seeing them. Hope we get a couple other nice figures though.

Edited by TheKingPorg

11 hours ago, TheKingPorg said:

Well, there sure have been many leaks for the Razor Crest the past couple of days. Who knows, maybe we’ll get leaked pictures of the actual thing soon? Kuiil doesn’t look as bad as I expected from reading all of t)3 negative comments on here about it, I actually kind of like it. It would be cool to see Ahsoka and the Mythrol, and I’m looking forward to seeing them. Hope we get a couple other nice figures though.

Yeah I just finally took a look at him, and while his face sort of look like it's melting off, overall I think he is okay.

My main hope for the minifigs (as is the case for many people, I imagine) is that Lego actually sticks to what that designer said a while ago and doesn't keep any of the figs exclusive. I feel like it's also a lot less justifiable for something like this, where most if not all of the characters included will be named, with unique designs. It's one thing if I miss out on a slightly unique clone trooper fig, but missing Kuill, the Mythrol, the Client, or most other options for the Razorcrest would suck.

The wireframe (if sticker is real) looks good. I wo9nder if it'll be metallic or not. The stickers are leaning towards no, which would be a bummer. Also, to me, the sticker sheet plaque seems...basic, missing details but maybe just me. 

Curious about the figures. Kuiil looks...well not that great in my opinion. 

I really hope we get the full interior, like every room and every detail.  Similar to the new UCS AT-AT.  What is everyone’s thoughts on that? 

4 hours ago, Meadius said:

Yeah I just finally took a look at him, and while his face sort of look like it's melting off, overall I think he is okay.

My main hope for the minifigs (as is the case for many people, I imagine) is that Lego actually sticks to what that designer said a while ago and doesn't keep any of the figs exclusive. I feel like it's also a lot less justifiable for something like this, where most if not all of the characters included will be named, with unique designs. It's one thing if I miss out on a slightly unique clone trooper fig, but missing Kuill, the Mythrol, the Client, or most other options for the Razorcrest would suck.

I feel like most of these rumored new characters will be reused. They’re making a new mold for Kuiil’s head so surely they’ll throw him into a microfighter or something next year. Ahsoka will likely be reused in a set based off her series. The Mythrol, which is the rumored character I’m most skeptical about because only Republic Studs has reported on it, is the only one I could see them leaving exclusive since there’s not a lot of sets he can be included in anyway and for reasons stated earlier, I don’t see them bringing the character back.

1 hour ago, Legoman123 said:

I really hope we get the full interior, like every room and every detail.  Similar to the new UCS AT-AT.  What is everyone’s thoughts on that? 

I feel that a full interior is very likely. The set’s supposed to be minifigure-scale and with such a huge size and piece count, it would be very easy for them to include an interior. Even the play-scale Razor Crest included most of the ship’s rooms and details, so I’d be surprised if they skip out on it this time around.

4 minutes ago, The Stud said:

I feel like most of these rumored new characters will be reused. They’re making a new mold for Kuiil’s head so surely they’ll throw him into a microfighter or something next year. Ahsoka will likely be reused in a set based off her series. The Mythrol, which is the rumored character I’m most skeptical about because only Republic Studs has reported on it, is the only one I could see them leaving exclusive since there’s not a lot of sets he can be included in anyway and for reasons stated earlier, I don’t see them bringing the character back.

I feel that a full interior is very likely. The set’s supposed to be minifigure-scale and with such a huge size and piece count, it would be very easy for them to include an interior. Even the play-scale Razor Crest included most of the ship’s rooms and details, so I’d be surprised if they skip out on it this time around.

A Blurrg & Sandcrawler microfighter 2-pack with Kuiil and a Jawa would be great. I’m 50-50 on whether Kuiil will come in an upcoming set though, or if he’ll remain exclusive (even if he has a new mould) like a bunch of the characters from the Cantina.

3 hours ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

The wireframe (if sticker is real) looks good. I wo9nder if it'll be metallic or not. The stickers are leaning towards no, which would be a bummer. Also, to me, the sticker sheet plaque seems...basic, missing details but maybe just me. 

Curious about the figures. Kuiil looks...well not that great in my opinion. 

IIRC at legocon they hinted the next UCS would be metallic (The designers also were wearing razor crest shirts). I wouldn't expect every part to be drumlaquered silver, especially given the price per piece already being so good, but if nothing else it'll definately have metallic highlights in places.

As a side note, how awesome would it be if it was chrome? Obviously never gonna happen, I think chrome in general is gone from lego, but it would look amazing. I lucked out and got the two chrome slopes from the N-1 in a bulk lot, so they're currently adorning my RC, but I can't imagine how cool one would look fully chromed out.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

38 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

IIRC at legocon they hinted the next UCS would be metallic (The designers also were wearing razor crest shirts). I wouldn't expect every part to be drumlaquered silver, especially given the price per piece already being so good, but if nothing else it'll definately have metallic highlights in places.

Oh really? I guess I missed that. What did they say hinting at that?

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

IIRC at legocon they hinted the next UCS would be metallic

I thought it was just the t-shirts at LEGO Con and the metallic hint was from Celebration?

2 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

Oh, absolutely I hope there's a full interior. I won't buy the thing unless the interior is accurate and accessible. Huge factor for me.

2 hours ago, TheKingPorg said:

Oh really? I guess I missed that. What did they say hinting at that?

Someone was either asking about or complaining about how the largest UCS sets are all LBG (destroyer, falcon, AT-AT, etc).I don't remember their exact qoute (you can go looking through previous pages of this thread but I'm too lazy to go find it), but the designers hinted the next one would be metallic silver.

2 hours ago, AD_Bricks said:

I thought it was just the t-shirts at LEGO Con and the metallic hint was from Celebration?

Oh, might have been celebration. Whatever it was, it was designers hinting the next UCS would be metallic.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

8 hours ago, Meadius said:

They backtracked due to the MandR fanboys complaining about the gunship minifigs, that's why the trash compactor doesnt have the same C-3PO legs as the landspeeder. So unless Lwgo changes their minds again, the only razor crest exclusive minifig we are likely to see in other sets is Ahsoka, and that's only because she's getting her own show next year.

4 hours ago, The Stud said:

I think there's a chance for the Mythrol's speeder to show up as a $30 set. There was a miniature build of it in last year's Advent Calendar, so it's at least on Lego's radar. Although, such a set would probably contain Mythrol and Cara Dune figs, so that might put a dampener on things.

1 hour ago, MaximillianRebo said:

I think there's a chance for the Mythrol's speeder to show up as a $30 set. There was a miniature build of it in last year's Advent Calendar, so it's at least on Lego's radar. Although, such a set would probably contain Mythrol and Cara Dune figs, so that might put a dampener on things.

While I don't think the speeder or mythrol show up, I also want to say I don't think we'll never see Cara Dune figs again. Unlike the Mythrol, she's a pretty major character, and while both actors are likely done with lucasfilm, what her actress said isn't remotely comparable to what the Mythrol's actor supposedly did.

I suppose mythrol could potentially show up, especially since the character isn't the actor's likeness, so it's not like a superman returns Lex Luthor figure or something, but I don't think they'll go out of their way to include him in anything.

They did a lot of drum lacquered gold in Monkie Kid, maybe Mando could have a drum lacquered silver helmet.

On 7/18/2022 at 9:39 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

I suppose mythrol could potentially show up, especially since the character isn't the actor's likeness, so it's not like a superman returns Lex Luthor figure or something, but I don't think they'll go out of their way to include him in anything.

I don't see a Mythrol Figure,mostly cause I don't see Lego making a new Head Mold for him in addition to the Actor's Controversey.

On 7/18/2022 at 9:39 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

I don't see a Mythrol Figure,mostly cause I don't see Lego making a new Head Mold for him in addition to the Actor's Controversey.

20 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

They did a lot of drum lacquered gold in Monkie Kid, maybe Mando could have a drum lacquered silver helmet.

That could be fun, and a nice way to have an exclusive figure without having an exclusive figure, if that makes sense. 

45 minutes ago, Scuhro52 said:

Yeah, no, like I said, I don't see them going out of their way to make him either. I was just pointing out that since the mythrol doesn't look like that guy (Again, unlike how Superman Returns's Lex Luthor looks like Kevin Spacey), they have a little bit of clearance in that regard.

13 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

That could be fun, and a nice way to have an exclusive figure without having an exclusive figure, if that makes sense. 

Yeah, no, like I said, I don't see them going out of their way to make him either. I was just pointing out that since the mythrol doesn't look like that guy (Again, unlike how Superman Returns's Lex Luthor looks like Kevin Spacey), they have a little bit of clearance in that regard.

I am going to go one step further.  I really don't see Lego considering the actor who played the character determining whether or not they make a representation of the character.  If we look at things, Lego didn't pull either of the sets that had Cara Dune in them, nor did they replace the character with another one in later production runs.  For the AT-ST they could have subbed her out for Omera and on the Cruiser they could have subbed her out for either Bo-Katan or Koska Reeves, but they didn't.  I think from a Lego point of view, they are going to go with the characters that make the most sense based on the show, not what the individual actor/actress may have done/said.  

The only time I can see Lego actively making a decision to omit a character from a particular set based on the actions of the individual who portrayed them is when that individual actively profits from Lego using their NIL.  For example, if Lego were making a set for each of the NFL teams and when it came to making the Cleveland Browns set, they might (probably would) chose to exclude DeShawn Watson because of his alleged actions, and that they would have to pay him a royalty of some form. 

So WRT the Mythrol, I think he would appear in the set if it makes sense.  And for the Razor Crest he is a pretty important character as he is the first one to ride in it in the series and also he gets frozen in carbonite on it as well.  It would fit well with a play "feature" where you push him into the freezing area and spin/flip something and he gets "frozen".  Also, with regards to the head mold, it may not be that big of a deal if we are going to see other Mythrol's in the other shows where it would make sense to reuse the mold.    

I genuinely hope Lego is going to stick to their guns about no exclusive characters in expensive sets. I can see more detailed versions of existing characters being allowed but figures like Mando-era Ahsoka or Kuiil are way too significant to keep only in a 550$ set. 

2 hours ago, MSY-MSP said:

I am going to go one step further.  I really don't see Lego considering the actor who played the character determining whether or not they make a representation of the character.  If we look at things, Lego didn't pull either of the sets that had Cara Dune in them, nor did they replace the character with another one in later production runs.  For the AT-ST they could have subbed her out for Omera and on the Cruiser they could have subbed her out for either Bo-Katan or Koska Reeves, but they didn't.  I think from a Lego point of view, they are going to go with the characters that make the most sense based on the show, not what the individual actor/actress may have done/said. 

I agree in part, but not entirely. What Cara's actress said isn't remotely the same as what the Mythrol's actor did, and  since if lego didn't make characters for actors that said controversial things, we would lose a LOT of characters, I agree that we'll still see her (and hope. the current figure doesn't look much like her so I'd like a better one). And like I said, I also think since the mythrol doesn't look like what's-his-face, he's totally fair game. But on the other hand, I don't think they'd make a face print in the likeness of someone who did something like what the Mythrol's actor did. I'm not saying I wouldn't want them too, I can separate, say, the flash from his actor, but I'm not sure if they will. And speaking of the flash, that should be a good test of how far lego goes in this regard. There's a set for the film (assumably containing his figure) that's been delayed alongside the film since the guy who plays flash decided to go commit all of the crimes known to man. So if the set ever releases, it'll be interesting to see if an Ezra Miller Flash figure is included.

But anyway to stay vaguely on topic, this concludes basically to: I'm not sure how far lego'll go in this regard, but I think the Mythrol is definately possible for a UCS Razor Crest.

19 minutes ago, Gontron said:

I genuinely hope Lego is going to stick to their guns about no exclusive characters in expensive sets. I can see more detailed versions of existing characters being allowed but figures like Mando-era Ahsoka or Kuiil are way too significant to keep only in a 550$ set. 

I hope so as well. I don't care too much about obtaining a Kuill myself, but I hope those who want him can get him in something cheaper than a $530 set.

I could see them doing something like putting a Mando-era Ahsoka in another set alongside the Crest, but keeping, like, a new hood mold for her montrals exclusive to the more expensive set. That way Mando Era Ahsoka isn't hard to get, but there's still a nice exclusive for people who do buy the UCS set.

I am slightly disappointed with the Clone Troopers in 75337 (AT-TE). The printed visors on the pictures used for advertising look waaaaaayyyyy better than the real an actual clones.

Speaking of the upcoming AT-TE...
Apparently its release will be delayed due to delivery issues...? :wacko:
(It's been said here and there that that's actually an excuse and something else may be going on, but I'm not sure what that's supposed to be)

Kinda bummed, but luckily it's only a delay.

Regards,
Mitch

4 hours ago, CF Mitch said:

Speaking of the upcoming AT-TE...
Apparently its release will be delayed due to delivery issues...? :wacko:
(It's been said here and there that that's actually an excuse and something else may be going on, but I'm not sure what that's supposed to be)

Kinda bummed, but luckily it's only a delay.

Regards,
Mitch

Maybe they're going to fix the printing issue on the helmets? They look kinda wonky in some reviews.