MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Woo! I am quite excited for the UCS Razor Crest, and from what we now know it seems very impressive. The sticker looks awesome for what it is, and the description does as well. And also, despite recent price increases, this set seems to be a great deal when considering price per price, especially for Star Wars! Only around 500 pieces less then the At-At, but for $320 less?? (Including upcoming price increase) Awesome!

Edited by TheKingPorg
Math error

On 7/14/2022 at 11:16 AM, Mandalorianknight said:

Yup. Still no idea why they chose this. Why not do a Nu-class shuttle in imperial colors? You could base it off Ep8 and still fit Bane and Todo into it.

Lego continually makes odd decisions when it comes to making sets off the animated shows, though that's often on Lucasfilm for not giving them good material to work with. Like half of the Rebels sets were odd choices and were also expensive sets, and the Black Ace TIE Interceptor was a weird choice to do for a show that only got two sets (with one of them already being a TIE and neither of them being the hero's vehicle). The Justifier is especially odd though because The Bad Batch season one has been out for a year now and they probably started working on this set around then too. Of all the sets they could do, they chose this? If they had done your idea of doing a Nu Class shuttle, they could have even given Crosshair this wave's new helmet mold so he could have his range finder.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

This will be a day long remembered. It has seen the unveiling of the lego office, and it has now seen the leaking of the indiana jones theme revival, atari 2600, and UCS razor crest.

I thought of the same exact quote when I heard all of today's news. :laugh:

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

A muddy version of Mando sounds like a good idea for a variant! I hope they actually end up doing that :classic:

That's a really good idea! 

Confirmation that we're getting a UCS Razor Crest is great. It's one of my most wanted UCS sets, and is definitely one of the more likely ones compared to the Venator or Ghost. I feel very validated for randomly predicting this one several months ago, though I can't remember when or in which thread. It sounds like a pretty good value as well, and the fact that it seems to be minifigure scale sounds awesome. It'll definitely be a big one. 

Because of its scale, I'm predicting a minifigure selection compared to the UCS Falcon or AT-AT. Maybe eight figures give or take? For reused figures, Mando, Grogu, either Season 1 or Season 2 Greef Carga and maybe IG-11 are easy picks. Cara Dune is possible as well, but I'm not sure if they'll include her in any other sets. That'd be like half the figure selection so that leaves room for maybe like three or four exclusive ones (though hopefully some of them end up coming in other sets) and there so many potential ones they could do.

• Like @BrickBob Studpants mentioned some sort of exclusive Mando variant seems like a very possible choice. The muddy version is a great pick or maybe they could even do an updated version of Mando in his original armor since both sets with that figure are soon to be retiring.
  • This could be a great set to include Kuill finally and then they could throw him into a microfighter sometime in 2023.
  • This is another shot-in-the-dark prediction but a Frog Lady figure using the new Kermit the Frog head mold. I just love the idea of that part usage so much and this is one of the very few sets we could possibly get this character. She's also not a super major character where people would be devastated about having her be exclusive here.
  • Mayfeld as he's one of the few noteworthy characters we're missing from the series and there's not a lot of other sets they could throw him into. 
  • Any of the other members of Ranzar Malk's crew. If it weren't for the fact that Q9-0 would probably require a new head mold, I'd say he's a pretty good choice. He's for some reason really heavily merchandised by Hasbro and Funko, but what makes him a good candidate here is that he's aboard the Razor Crest in almost every one of his scenes during both seasons. Burg, Xi'an and Ran himself are pretty unlikely as they aren't super memorable characters and aren't likely to return, but I figured that I'd mention them. 
  • Very unlikely, but Ahsoka in her Mandalorian-era outfit. We'll likely get this figure next year with the release of the Ahsoka series but she could be exclusive to this set until then. 
Edited by The Stud

Man, Jerac's build had around 5000 pieces, and many were small because of the building techniques. If that thing has over 6100 pieces it is either going to be huge, or similar in style to Jerac's!

Either way, that's $529 I get to save. If only it came out a year ago! Definitely don't need two large Razor's!

I can't wait to see the Razor Crest. 6187 pieces is plenty to really go all out. And you can't argue with that price-per-piece ratio, either--$530 is way less than you'd spend on BrickLink to get a comparable model.

Edited by Kdapt-Preacher

3 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

I can't wait to see the Razor Crest. 6187 pieces is plenty to really go all out. And you can't argue with that price-per-piece ratio, either--$530 is way less than you'd spend on BrickLink to get a comparable model.

Unless every single part is a 1x1 stud, that’s a REALLY good value compared to stuff like the AT-AT, falcon, Star destroyer, etc.

10 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Unless every single part is a 1x1 stud, that’s a REALLY good value compared to stuff like the AT-AT, falcon, Star destroyer, etc.

That was my first thought when seeing price and piece count. This thing should be massive and I can't wait to see it. I'm also thinking alongside of Slave 1, this will be the rare UCS Star Wars set that's both minifig scale and relatively swooshable.

Very excited to see this. I actually held off on buying the system scale set at the time because I was sure a better looking variant would come around and here it is! 

Unfortunately although the price per part is good, it's still pretty pricey. Much more so than I would have guessed a few years back. If I get this it probably won't be for a while. It took me 5 years to get around to buying the Falcon, and even then that was with a heavy reduction. 

I'd definitely like to see some of the figures @The Stud mentioned. Kuill most of all! 

Thought it sounded too good to be true when I first saw the rumours about a UCS Razor Crest, but I'm happy to be proven wrong. Will be very interesting to see what it looks like as it's supposed to be around the same size as the MOCs from Jerac, RichboyJhae and Papaglop but with about 20-25% more parts. Maybe it has some small side builds?

Minifig selection will be interesting as well. Given that it's minifig scale it will likely have at least 6 minifigs total, obviously 2 of them will be Din and Grogu but we can only guess what the others will be. Given that Lego have changed their mind about the "no more UCS exclusives" thing there's room for some characters we haven't got yet. Kuill, the mythrol, Cobb Vanth and Mayfeld would all be nice to see though it's unlikely we would get all of them.

Edited by 1340cc

10 hours ago, LDigital said:

So I saw the official UCS sticker for the Razor Crest. It bears a striking resemblance to Jerac’s in a way. Do you think they engaged him like they did on the ucs shuttle moc?  I wonder how it will compare? 

Nope, zero contact whatsoever. 

7 minutes ago, 1340cc said:

Thought it sounded too good to be true when I first saw the rumours about a UCS Razor Crest, but I'm happy to be proven wrong. Will be very interesting to see what it looks like as it's supposed to be around the same size as the MOCs from Jerac, RichboyJhae and Papaglop but with about 20-25% more parts. Maybe it has some small side builds?

Minifig selection will be interesting as well. Given that it's minifig scale it will likely have at least 6 minifigs total, obviously 2 of them will be Din and Grogu but we can only guess what the others will be. Given that Lego have changed their mind about the "no more UCS exclusives" thing there's room for some characters we haven't got yet. Kuill, the mythrol, Cobb Vanth and Mayfeld would all be nice to see though it's unlikely we would get all of them.

It seems to be roughly the same length but is much, much wider. Might be 8 or even 10 stud wide cockpit and it looks the tail is extremely wide. Engines are the same size as mine or smaller. 
Them having more space inside also makes it possible to make interior. For me the parts count checks out, but I am seriously worried about proportions.

General architecture kinda seems similar, but we'll see. 

17 minutes ago, Jerac said:

It seems to be roughly the same length but is much, much wider. Might be 8 or even 10 stud wide cockpit and it looks the tail is extremely wide. Engines are the same size as mine or smaller. 

I meant similar size in terms of overall length and width. Promobricks says that this official version will be around 60cm long and 40cm wide, while yours is 58.9 long 41 wide according to Brickvault's page. I'm aware that the proportions will be different.

57 minutes ago, 1340cc said:

I meant similar size in terms of overall length and width. Promobricks says that this official version will be around 60cm long and 40cm wide, while yours is 58.9 long 41 wide according to Brickvault's page. I'm aware that the proportions will be different.

External dimensions can be same and yet it still can be much wider :)

Mine has 6-wide cockpit piece (from which each other width dimension stems). Their have at least 8, possibly 10. But if they also made their wings shorter, they can have wider body and the same total width, this is what I meant.

Disappointed by the lack of MBS set this year, but it does save me a whole lot of money. Guess I was wrong about it coming later. Oh well. We will see if they continue MBS or if it has been discontinued already.

20 minutes ago, CodFather1 said:

Disappointed by the lack of MBS set this year, but it does save me a whole lot of money. Guess I was wrong about it coming later. Oh well. We will see if they continue MBS or if it has been discontinued already.

We can only guess at this point but I think Falconfan might be right. The Cantina is a popular fan favourite so they could have decided to keep it around for another year before releasing the next MBS set.

On 7/7/2022 at 8:20 AM, Falconfan1414 said:

They usually like to keep one MBS out at a time basically and I think the Cantina is selling very well so they decided to push the Cantinas retirement back a year 

The full sticker sheet has popped up in the usual place.

I’m cracking up at the “child on board” sticker. :laugh:

Edited by The_Chosen_1

3 hours ago, The_Chosen_1 said:

It's absolutely hilarious.

I somehow totally forgot that the UCS sticker includes a wireframe type image of the model itself. It looks pretty good and really sizable. I really cannot afford to spend $530 on a single set right now...this is going to take "not taking off your helmet in front of others for multiple decades" levels of self control. :laugh:

5 hours ago, The_Chosen_1 said:

Haha that’s awesome. I wonder where it will go?

If that leaked Kuiil is real, they should’ve charged a bit more and designed a better minifig head lol.

Edited by jhoya

The leaked Kuill figure looks kinda creepy but I like it overall. It’s a good representation of the character and it’ll probably look better with a clearer picture.

Well, that’s one of my new minifig predictions for the Razor Crest proven right (assuming this is real of course). Fingers crossed for Mayfeld and Frog Lady next.

Edited by The Stud

Agh, why couldn't they just mold a helmet onto the existing ugnaught mold? This looks like eyeore cosplaying as an ugnaught, it's just waaay to cartoony. 

My guess is the other figs will be muddy mando and the child. But another thing to remember is that if they keep their "no exclusive figures in super expensive sets" word... we'll be seeing this monstrosity in a 2023 set.

LEGO have mercy on us please aaahhhhhhh whyyy it’s painful to look at

The old ugnaught mould was so good, why’d they have to stuff it up like this??? 😭 I’m not normally one to complain about LEGO making small unideal design choices but this one’s just… bruh

37 minutes ago, BrickMonkeyMOCs said:

That Kuill head has to be a joke, right? Right?

Please be fake, please be fake, please be fake…

Edited by AD_Bricks

Hmm, if that Kuill is real, maybe they accidently meant it to be in the Indiana Jones set with the Arc of the Covenant! The melting action would go well!

Republic Studs and Lego Fulcrum are both reporting that The Mandalorian version of Ahsoka will be in the Razor Crest. I’m taking this one with a grain of salt, but if it’s true, that’s another one of my predictions that are correct! (Those predictions being that this set would be a UCS Razor Crest, Kuill would be included and now Ahsoka, who I even thought was one of my more unlikely predictions.) I might try my luck with the lottery tonight. Hopefully she has a comparable amount of detail to her The Skywalker Saga design.

Assuming this rumor is legit, I definitely don’t foresee this figure remaining exclusive for long. We’re almost certainly getting a set or two for the Ahsoka series next year. Maybe they’ll give her some printed arms here and not any other sets but we’ll see. 

I’m finding myself getting more and more excited for this set. I was planning on waiting to get it next year, maybe for May the 4th even, but a part of me is considering getting it in October. This would be the first time I get a UCS set on release. We shall wait and see though!

Edited by The Stud