MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

5 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Oh sure, delete MY comment. What kind of mod team promotes one-sided divisiveness like that? I’m really starting to hate this place 

As much as I have an issue with moderation here (you cant delete your own account, what kind of rubbish is that) im gonna disagree with you.

The dude made a light hearted joke that isnt really a personal attack. If they made a tasteless offensive joke against your race, religion or your family its understandable but youre being rather emotional about this.

If it bothers you that much just take a step back and ignore the guy, lots of folks here are quick to jump on a toxic emotion on a lego forum, you can be the better person and not join that list

8 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Oh sure, delete MY comment. What kind of mod team promotes one-sided divisiveness like that? I’m really starting to hate this place 

Oh trust me, they do this often. Just let it slide it won’t change. They don’t realise the meaning evoked of taking sides as an endorsement of opinions and sides. Don’t get me wrong, the comment is funny, and I think you’re being slightly dramatic if I’m being honest. Either way, comments shouldn’t be deleted like that without the others also. 

Following the mantra to stay on target, when do we think we will hear about the UCS RazorCrest and the 2023 wave? (august?) 

9 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Nothing has been deleted and there were no sides taken. 

Everyone else, this is not a thread for discussing how you feel moderation is or is not being done correctly. If you have a problem with something you are free to contact the moderator or admin teams via the messaging system.

17 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Mandalorianknight's comments made me chuckle. It's not ridiculing an accent, it's just pointing it out.

People can poke fun at American accents too. Or other countries. Talking about accents isn't insensitive. Let the issue go please.

I'm trying not to respond about it, so I'll just say I'm glad it made people laugh.

On 7/12/2022 at 9:14 AM, Archer said:

I already felt that the AT-AT was $100 overpriced and I am not in support of raising the prices on existing sets.

Buuuuuut value aside I'd argue that if you can spend $800 on a single lego set, then you can spend $850 on a single lego set.

As someone who bought the AT-AT, I agree that $800 might have been overpriced, but I have to disagree with "If you can spend $800, you can spend $850". Or, well, I suppose I agree with the literal statement, but moreso that I think a lot of people who can spend $850 on the AT-AT wouldn't. I know a lot of people more well-off than I am who don't get stuff they think is overpriced. They might be able to afford it, but if it's overpriced and not worth it to them, they don't just buy it anyway. 

And either way, I don't think lego is just pushing their luck on pricing, I think it is about inflation (We're closing in on the 10% mark here in the US, wooo!).

3 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

Following the mantra to stay on target, when do we think we will hear about the UCS RazorCrest and the 2023 wave? (august?) 

Depends on what you mean by hearing about them. UCS details and images tend to be kept close to the chest, so I don't think we'll hear much about the crest until a month before or even closer to release. 

As for the January 2023 wave, I don't know for sure when we'll hear what the sets are, but I'd guess late summer/early fall. We pretty commonly get images around Thanksgiving. (I would say late November, but it is usually literally a day or two before or after thanksgiving. It's a weird coincidence.)

Somewhat related, but I miss the codenames. I remember the Rogue One and January 2020 waves specifically, but I'm sure there were others, where the codenames actually hinted at the sets. It was a fun puzzle, but we don't really see that anymore.

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'm trying not to respond about it, so I'll just say I'm glad it made people laugh.

As someone who bought the AT-AT, I agree that $800 might have been overpriced, but I have to disagree with "If you can spend $800, you can spend $850". Or, well, I suppose I agree with the literal statement, but moreso that I think a lot of people who can spend $850 on the AT-AT wouldn't. I know a lot of people more well-off than I am who don't get stuff they think is overpriced. They might be able to afford it, but if it's overpriced and not worth it to them, they don't just buy it anyway. 

And either way, I don't think lego is just pushing their luck on pricing, I think it is about inflation (We're closing in on the 10% mark here in the US, wooo!).

Depends on what you mean by hearing about them. UCS details and images tend to be kept close to the chest, so I don't think we'll hear much about the crest until a month before or even closer to release. 

As for the January 2023 wave, I don't know for sure when we'll hear what the sets are, but I'd guess late summer/early fall. We pretty commonly get images around Thanksgiving. (I would say late November, but it is usually literally a day or two before or after thanksgiving. It's a weird coincidence.)

Somewhat related, but I miss the codenames. I remember the Rogue One and January 2020 waves specifically, but I'm sure there were others, where the codenames actually hinted at the sets. It was a fun puzzle, but we don't really see that anymore.

For what it’s worth, I thought your joke was funny and didn’t see any malice in it.

Looks like whenever I get around to buying the UCS AT-AT, I’m probably going to have to try and save on it with my VIP points like I’m doing with the Star Destroyer. (Which I have close to $190 worth set back so far. Thank the Maker for Double VIP events…)

Going off of memory, I know that we often get January wave rumors by the end of September because we often get set lists right around my birthday, which is in the middle of the month. Like you said, the pictures usually come around Thanksgiving.

I miss the codenames too. I remember people trying to figure out which vehicles from the trailers would fit with which codenames. I think Hasbro Black Series still uses the codenames, even if it’s not for “spoilery” products. Hopefully we get that back for Lego whenever the next film comes out.

Solid Brix's review of The Justifier makes it look like a very easy set to not bother with. Annoying as it has some very desirable minifigures.

7 hours ago, Csaba said:

Solid Brix's review of The Justifier makes it look like a very easy set to not bother with. Annoying as it has some very desirable minifigures.

Oh goshhh solidbrix the biggest legofan on this world… this set is shit… there are enough nutral reviews on yt which show the disaster

Edited by MKJoshA
Please don't leave videos in quotes

not a real rumor but the new pieces on the Mighty bowser got me thinking that a new Naboo Starfighter might be on its way? What do you think:

52215663524_98d264810b_o.png

On 6/25/2022 at 11:34 AM, BigA_7 said:

What's going on with the republic fighter tank in Australia? It was in stock for like a day and went out of stock in literally every store and its been like that for almost 3 months. Also the major retailers like target, bigw and kmart don't have it

I saw a stack of them the last time I wandered into the Canberra Lego store. It seems that Mando’s new ride is in the same boat at the moment - readily available direct from Lego or a certified store but not yet on general release.

5 hours ago, Artizan said:

not a real rumor but the new pieces on the Mighty bowser got me thinking that a new Naboo Starfighter might be on its way? What do you think:

I don't necessarily think that this means there is definitely one in the works, especially since we did just kind of get one if you count Mando's new ship. That said, I think you are probably correct on the idea that those will be used in the next one, assuming the scale makes sense of course.

6 hours ago, Artizan said:

I don't think so. I suppose the scale could fit, but I doubt the part was created for a Naboo Starfighter and not Bowser. Add to that that we just got an N-1 in the form of Mando's, and i think it'll be awhile. I'd love to be proven wrong, though. Especially if we could get one using metallic colors instead of bley. (I know about the chrome one. Given that the individual chrome parts cost upwards of $50 each, I'm going to ignore it)

7 hours ago, Csaba said:

Solid Brix's review of The Justifier makes it look like a very easy set to not bother with. Annoying as it has some very desirable minifigures

Yup. Still no idea why they chose this. Why not do a Nu-class shuttle in imperial colors? You could base it off Ep8 and still fit Bane and Todo into it.

Some thoughts on the leaks from these past  few weeks/months;

• 75336 - love the figures and space inside the build. Reminds me a lot of Krennic and Kylo’s ships for some reason. Have yet to watch Kenobi but would get this set even if I never watched the show because I need those inquisitors. Also love how all 3 are in one set

• 75333 - considering Lego’s love of reusing new molds where they can, and the fact that Taun-We appeared on Kamino along with being on the show the Bad Batch, I feel as tho I may be able to skip on this set and wait for her to be included elsewhere as I’m honestly not feeling this build. Really hope she comes in a Kamino clone factory set with Jango and maybe another of her species potentially. But besides her this set falls flat for me

• 75338 I’m gonna be honest, I intend to bricklink the Rogue One wave so I don’t see myself needing this set as I will get Cassion Endor elsewhere. That said. The detailing on the inside of the ship is very nice and also confusing as the build itself looks quite  small and it makes you wonder how they managed to get all that in there. Not bad but something  I’ll pass on in this economy lol

• 75323 - Cadbane and Omega are amazing figures and the build may be beautiful but yeah this set feels so expensive and I can see how some people feel upset because they have to choose wisely what to collect based on their income. They may really want Cadbane but I could see how this can feel out if reach in the context of Lego collecting as a whole.

Edited by cosmic

Yes this is going to be a cheap wave for me. I might get the Scythe on discount even though I wasn't a huge fan of Obiwan but other than that there's not much there for me. Even if Andor is brilliant I can't see myself picking up the set from that show.

It has just dawned on me. The reason the Clone Commander was in the Clone Episode 2 blister pack was because Lego have given us the opportunity to use that Clone as an AT TE Driver if we choose to use the AT TE releasing this summer as episode 2 and fill it with regular Phase I clone troopers. 

Edited by ArrowBricks

2 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

It has just dawned on me. The reason the Clone Commander was in the Clone Episode 2 blister pack was because Lego have given us the opportunity to use that Clone as an AT TE Driver if we choose to use the AT TE releasing this summer as episode 2 and fill it with regular Phase I clone troopers. 

You say this jokingly, but LEGO did have a Clone Commander driving the AT-TE in the 2013 wave just because of character selection (even with the designated pilot in the gunship and such). It's just one less character design to worry about, I guess. 

On the topic of the Clone Commander, I hope we get a P1 Clone Captain re-release soon in more saturated colors like the newer Commander. The P1 Clone Pack is also still impossible to find in person at my nearest Lego store and I've heard people still haven't received their online orders of them from January. I can only imagine how bad the AT-TE will be. 

41 minutes ago, Gontron said:

On the topic of the Clone Commander, I hope we get a P1 Clone Captain re-release soon in more saturated colors like the newer Commander. The P1 Clone Pack is also still impossible to find in person at my nearest Lego store and I've heard people still haven't received their online orders of them from January. I can only imagine how bad the AT-TE will be. 

I second this, the captain is my favorite P1 clone design (Unless P1 Fordo counts). 

I don't think the AT-TE will be quite as hard to get, as it's not an army builder. If you look at the SW sets that sold out upon release, it's mainly army builders (501st, mandalorian pack, clone accesory pack (which also suffers from a more limited supply due to being store exclusive)), and sometimes UCS. 

1 hour ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

You say this jokingly, but LEGO did have a Clone Commander driving the AT-TE in the 2013 wave just because of character selection (even with the designated pilot in the gunship and such). It's just one less character design to worry about, I guess. 

If I remember correctly, we've never actually seen P2 AT-TE drivers in canon. (We've seen P1 ones in clone wars, though.) So for an EP3 AT-TE, lego literally does not have a source design to make a figure off of.

28 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

If I remember correctly, we've never actually seen P2 AT-TE drivers in canon. (We've seen P1 ones in clone wars, though.) So for an EP3 AT-TE, lego literally does not have a source design to make a figure off of.

I believe you're right, yeah. P1 AT-TE drivers have definitely been seen, but nothing for EPIII. 

I was more referring to the 2013 set having the Commander as a driver since there wasn't a driver minifig included (before the joke of "doubling as a pilot" was a thing or stated and just because of only having so many figs in the set).

30 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I don't think the AT-TE will be quite as hard to get, as it's not an army builder. If you look at the SW sets that sold out upon release, it's mainly army builders (501st, mandalorian pack, clone accesory pack (which also suffers from a more limited supply due to being store exclusive)), and sometimes UCS. 

I expect the AT-TE to sell out relatively quickly at first release, and then it'll be pretty easy to find on the second production run. It's a highly desired set with P2 Cody. If anything, I expect a lot of people to buy the AT-TE and sell off everything but Cody, so the aftermarket will be saturated with fig-less AT-TEs... We shall see. 

Actually really banking on people selling figless AT-TE’s. Getting a relatively cheap AT-TE and filling it up with 501st troopers sounds great. I’d also say p2 Cody might be a bit saturated too by people who want to buy multiple AT-TE’s for their army.

2 hours ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

I expect the AT-TE to sell out relatively quickly at first release, and then it'll be pretty easy to find on the second production run. It's a highly desired set with P2 Cody. If anything, I expect a lot of people to buy the AT-TE and sell off everything but Cody, so the aftermarket will be saturated with fig-less AT-TEs... We shall see. 

Ah, yeah, sure. Something hard to get a hold of in the first day or week, running out of stock on lego.com, but still something you could find at retail stores without too much trouble. 

1 minute ago, necrochasm said:

Actually really banking on people selling figless AT-TE’s. Getting a relatively cheap AT-TE and filling it up with 501st troopers sounds great. I’d also say p2 Cody might be a bit saturated too by people who want to buy multiple AT-TE’s for their army.

Neither of these situations bold well for me, who just wants a 212th trooper! :laugh:

On 7/14/2022 at 11:16 AM, Mandalorianknight said:

Yup. Still no idea why they chose this. Why not do a Nu-class shuttle in imperial colors? You could base it off Ep8 and still fit Bane and Todo into it.

I still think AT-TE and Justifier should’ve switched price points considering how poorly the justifier uses it’s space. A big 08 size AT-TE with an all new build, even more interior space and possibly an AT-RT included would’ve been way better than either set we have now

This will be a day long remembered. It has seen the unveiling of the lego office, and it has now seen the leaking of the indiana jones theme revival, atari 2600, and UCS razor crest.

That sticker sheet is definately legit. 6187 parts sounds pretty nice too.

1 minute ago, necrochasm said:

I still think AT-TE and Justifier should’ve switched price points considering how poorly the justifier uses it’s space. A big 08 size AT-TE with an all new build, even more interior space and possibly an AT-RT included would’ve been way better than either set we have now

I'll do you one better. They swap price points, and then the Justifier gets replaced by a Nu Class shuttle (could even have the same figures, except maybe Crosshair instead of Fennec)

So I saw the official UCS sticker for the Razor Crest. It bears a striking resemblance to Jerac’s in a way. Do you think they engaged him like they did on the ucs shuttle moc?  I wonder how it will compare?