MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

I’ve just seen Thiago’s review of the AT-TE, which comes with 3 extra visors and 4 extra antennas. I guess it can be possible to make a custom Cody out of a new Clone Trooper and those extra pieces (without buying the whole set).

Even though there are a few reviews of the Justifier now, almost none of the people have even looked at the exit ramp of the starship! The only person who has so far is JB Spielwaren, but only in his English review and not his German one, and he just opened it and showed it from the side for like 2 seconds and didn't show the inside at all! I looked through a timelapse build of it and it looks like, judging by the size (Yoda would not approve), it might be able to store that strange sidebuild that comes with the set, but as I said, BARELY ANYONE HAS MENTIONED IT!!!

11 hours ago, AD_Bricks said:

Even though there are a few reviews of the Justifier now, almost none of the people have even looked at the exit ramp of the starship! The only person who has so far is JB Spielwaren, but only in his English review and not his German one, and he just opened it and showed it from the side for like 2 seconds and didn't show the inside at all! I looked through a timelapse build of it and it looks like, judging by the size (Yoda would not approve), it might be able to store that strange sidebuild that comes with the set, but as I said, BARELY ANYONE HAS MENTIONED IT!!!

solid brix studios showed this in his review

Honestly, I think I might just Bricklink the exclusive figures from The Justifer at this point. I’m not super impressed with the in-hand pictures and I have no idea where I’m even going to put the thing. I’m running out of space (again) very quickly. I was going to wait for a sale or use VIP points to save on it, but meh. There’s better things I could buy with that money, like a second AT-TE even.

1 hour ago, The Stud said:

Honestly, I think I might just Bricklink the exclusive figures from The Justifer at this point. I’m not super impressed with the in-hand pictures and I have no idea where I’m even going to put the thing. I’m running out of space (again) very quickly. I was going to wait for a sale or use VIP points to save on it, but meh. There’s better things I could buy with that money, like a second AT-TE even.

My advice would be this:

Wait a few months at least. Having a new Cad on the market should, if nothing else, drive the cost of the others down a bit. And Omega will probably show up somewhere else

3 hours ago, distantnemesis said:

solid brix studios showed this in his review

Thanks for letting me know! I just watched it, and like I suspected, the side build does fit in the cargo area.

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

My advice would be this:

Wait a few months at least. Having a new Cad on the market should, if nothing else, drive the cost of the others down a bit. And Omega will probably show up somewhere else

I unfortunately doubt the Omega will show up again, since she has a new outfit in Season 2, and they likely won’t be making anymore Bad Batch Season 1 sets.

8 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

My advice would be this:

Yeah for sure. Whether it’s getting the full set or just the figures, I wasn’t planning on buying either for a while anyway. I’m a bit more interested in getting some other sets at the moment, both new ones and retired ones.

Unfortunately, I’m not sure if the exclusive figures will appear elsewhere though. I think we could get a TBOBF Cad Bane at some point, but getting this version of him again, as well as TODO, are dependent on if they show up again in the series, and warrant being included in a set. This will probably be the only time we get a Season One Omega at the rate Lego is making sets for this series. She’s already getting an updated model in Season Two.

11 hours ago, The Stud said:

Yeah for sure. Whether it’s getting the full set or just the figures, I wasn’t planning on buying either for a while anyway. I’m a bit more interested in getting some other sets at the moment, both new ones and retired ones.

Unfortunately, I’m not sure if the exclusive figures will appear elsewhere though. I think we could get a TBOBF Cad Bane at some point, but getting this version of him again, as well as TODO, are dependent on if they show up again in the series, and warrant being included in a set. This will probably be the only time we get a Season One Omega at the rate Lego is making sets for this series. She’s already getting an updated model in Season Two.

Forgot about TODO, but yeah, you're right. He probably won't show up again.

Bane might not be THIS Bane, but like I said, if nothing else, the other ones should get cheaper once he comes out, so it depends on if you specifically want this version of Cad Bane or just A Cad Bane.

Omega, though, I disagree on. They made 4 new prints for her, and she is one of the main characters of the show. I'm confident she'll show back up in something over the next few years, even if it's just an advent calendar.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Omega, though, I disagree on. They made 4 new prints for her, and she is one of the main characters of the show. I'm confident she'll show back up in something over the next few years, even if it's just an advent calendar.

Oh yeah, I hadn’t thought of that. I remember we got Season 2 Sabine in an Advent Calendar when Season 4 of Rebels was airing so anything is possible.

Also, it looks like the UCS AT-AT will be going up to $850, the Gunship up to $400 and R2 will be going up to $240 according to the Barnes and Noble website. I believe that we already knew about the rest of the price increases on there.

20 hours ago, The Stud said:

Oh yeah, I hadn’t thought of that. I remember we got Season 2 Sabine in an Advent Calendar when Season 4 of Rebels was airing so anything is possible.

Also, it looks like the UCS AT-AT will be going up to $850, the Gunship up to $400 and R2 will be going up to $240 according to the Barnes and Noble website. I believe that we already knew about the rest of the price increases on there.

This is gross. I can understand that they're having to do this because the raw materials have gotten more expensive...just...ugh. $50 more for the AT-AT, $SEVENTY more for one of the harry potter sets... even the $5 more for stuff like Dark Trooper Attack that already felt overpriced to start with is annoying. I'm just happy BD-1 and the Galaxy explorer haven't been hit. (And that my tuition hasn't increased. Count my blessings, I guess)

On 7/9/2022 at 7:28 PM, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

I unfortunately doubt the Omega will show up again, since she has a new outfit in Season 2, and they likely won’t be making anymore Bad Batch Season 1 sets.

Yes but you may be able to get an Omeeega in season 2 outfits. She'll likely show up again just a different version of the fig. 

8 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

This is gross. I can understand that they're having to do this because the raw materials have gotten more expensive...just...ugh. $50 more for the AT-AT, $SEVENTY more for one of the harry potter sets... even the $5 more for stuff like Dark Trooper Attack that already felt overpriced to start with is annoying. I'm just happy BD-1 and the Galaxy explorer haven't been hit. (And that my tuition hasn't increased. Count my blessings, I guess)

I fully agree. The UCS MF has hold its price, so it's just a marketing thing.

It appears that the AT-AT is selling well, as Hogwarts Castle... the increase of the Chambers of secrets 20$ is insane as it's probably already overpriced, and the same thing happens to the Republic Gunship with the same increase amount of the AT-AT with less than half the price!! It would be better to split the price increase on the whole Lego offerings as a small increase, but man, no...  it really seems they're looking for better profits.

I would love to come up with a plausible explanation for those prices, but cannot find one, sigh! ... 

Edited by dvogon

2 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

🙄

What, you got something against the bad batch? Unta, Recka, Tik, Rossair, and Icko?

1 hour ago, dvogon said:

It appears that the AT-AT is selling well, as Hogwarts Castle... the increase of the Chambers of secrets 20$ is insane as it's probably already overpriced, and the same thing happens to the Republic Gunship with the same increase amount of the AT-AT with less than half the price!! It would be better to split the price increase on the whole Lego offerings as a small increase, but man, no...  it really seems they're looking for better profits.

Better profits thing doesn't make sense either though. Some of the sets they increased weren't exactly bestsellers, and some of the bestsellers haven't increased. I don't know what their play is here.

30 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

What, you got something against the bad batch? Unta, Recka, Tik, Rossair, and Icko?

No, I have something against people making fun of an entire country’s accent. This insensitive shit has plagued the Star Wars fandom since Bad Batch came out, the least we can do is keep it away from here. 

3 hours ago, dvogon said:

I would love to come up with a plausible explanation for those prices, but cannot find one, sigh! ... 

7/12 and 7/13 might be the best last chance to get the UCS AT-AT at a good deal if you're LEGO VIP. It's probably the last double points promotion before the $50 price hike. If you've been on the fence, I'd pull the trigger now.

I just wish they would have double VIP and Promos together! And these hikes, jeeez!  The new standard UCS will be $225 or higher? I'm glad I have a MOC AT-AT and Razorcrest so I can avoid those at least!

7 hours ago, dvogon said:

UCS MF actually isn’t on the site at all, as well as most the d2c like the Cantina, so it could still get an increase. Honestly, I’d wager it will be a bigger one than the AT-AT too and be like $100 more considering the fact it’s not only older, but bigger in mass than the AT-AT is overall. 

9 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

No, I have something against people making fun of an entire country’s accent. This insensitive shit has plagued the Star Wars fandom since Bad Batch came out, the least we can do is keep it away from here. 

Agreed. Wasn’t even remotely funny to begin with, and only got worse over time :hmpf:

12 hours ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

Any thoughts on 10/3/22 UCS Razor Crest release? Found on BriqFoundation Youtube channel. Soft connection to RepublicStuds...

First I’ve heard of it. Weird release date, if true. I’ll wait for a reputable leaker to confirm it

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

First I’ve heard of it. Weird release date, if true. I’ll wait for a reputable leaker to confirm it

A sound plan to me, thanks! Yeah a Monday release...do they do those for UCS? I might be mis-remembering, but seems like an odd choice. 

I already felt that the AT-AT was $100 overpriced and I am not in support of raising the prices on existing sets.

Buuuuuut value aside I'd argue that if you can spend $800 on a single lego set, then you can spend $850 on a single lego set.

I've been slowly setting funds aside for it about $50 a month, sounds like i'll just wait an extra month to purchase.

Edit: I'm actually much more concerned about the price hikes in the sub $200 sets as there are more of those sets. If every sub $200 set adds 10-30 bucks I find that far more difficult to swallow.

Edited by Archer

On 7/11/2022 at 7:04 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

On 7/11/2022 at 7:36 PM, Brikkyy13 said:

14 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Agreed. Wasn’t even remotely funny to begin with, and only got worse over time :hmpf:

Mandalorianknight's comments made me chuckle. It's not ridiculing an accent, it's just pointing it out.

People can poke fun at American accents too. Or other countries. Talking about accents isn't insensitive. Let the issue go please.

Oh sure, delete MY comment. What kind of mod team promotes one-sided divisiveness like that? I’m really starting to hate this place