MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

On 6/27/2022 at 1:52 PM, Darth Malgus said:

There's one in Victoria too now.

Good. Twice the warehouses, double the amount of places that’ll be out of stock. 

11 hours ago, AD_Bricks said:

People were definitely exaggerating saying it was "the worst LEGO Star Wars set ever". No way, not by a long shot. Maybe the worst set of the wave, or even this year, but in the end it's decent, has good figs, and is somewhat worth the money for the amount of stuff you get. Should have been based on ep.6 but the set for that wouldn't have been much more interesting, and with this they were able to fit in that cool fire feature as well as NED-B and Tala.

Yeah I try to steer clear of the more baited style reacts, but the set was mostly "meh". Definitely agree with you, thanks for the additional insight!

I'm late to the discussion here, but I think the 4+ AT-ST is pretty cute, and it has a nice selection of minifigures as well. 

TBH, I actually really like the 4+ Star Wars sets--they remind me of the more "blocky" early sets that LEGO produced--they're not as accurate to what's on the screen, but they have a lot of charm and they're fun and easy for kids to put together.

4 hours ago, jjr_2009 said:

I'm late to the discussion here, but I think the 4+ AT-ST is pretty cute, and it has a nice selection of minifigures as well. 

TBH, I actually really like the 4+ Star Wars sets--they remind me of the more "blocky" early sets that LEGO produced--they're not as accurate to what's on the screen, but they have a lot of charm and they're fun and easy for kids to put together.

Exactly. People love to mock them, but you have to remember they're literally meant for 4 year olds. This one especially reminds me of the original AT-ST set.

10 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Exactly. People love to mock them, but you have to remember they're literally meant for 4 year olds. This one especially reminds me of the original AT-ST set.

Which I still have! It's still a fun little model--I'm looking forward to comparing it to this new one!

5 hours ago, Seaber said:

Is the Wicket figure and AT-ST Driver's head new in that 4+ set? 

Wicket's head is, the AT-ST Driver's is the one from the hoth AT-ST.

Speaking of the AT-ST, there's high quality images out. It's got a lot of sand blue, which is...an interesting choice. 

It's also $35? I thought it was $30. These price increases are gonna suck. I'm just happy they aren't increasing BD-1 or the galaxy explorer, because I think those are the only two sets I'll be getting at this point.

does anyone know something about set 75303? If 75331will be UCS Razor Crest can it be 75303 MBS set?

or opposite perhaps I mixed numbers...

Edited by gradatim

23 minutes ago, gradatim said:

does anyone know something about set 75303? If 75331will be UCS Razor Crest can it be 75303 MBS set?

75303 is a skipped number or cancelled set. I think it was originally rumoured to be the UCS Gunship last year.

5 hours ago, gradatim said:

So we did have 3 UCS/MBS sets last year, so it's not out of the question that it'll be the same this year...but we would have heard something by now, I think. Regardless, like @QuiggoldsPegLeg says, a skipped number doesn't necessarily mean a new set is coming. 

Wait, I’m confused.  Has the remaining big set been confirmed to be a UCS Razorcrest or is there still a possibility it will be a MBS set?

3 minutes ago, marksable said:

Wait, I’m confused.  Has the remaining big set been confirmed to be a UCS Razorcrest or is there still a possibility it will be a MBS set?

No, it has not been confirmed to specifically be that set, however Promobricks has said there is definitely one coming. So there is still a chance, however unlikely, for it to be a new MBS set. Fingers crossed.

4 hours ago, marksable said:

There is a UCS razor crest coming. Reliable leakers have said so, and personally the fact that the lego designers at lego con both wore razor crest T-shirts is enough for me. That's not a coincidence. 

However, I guess it's possible there's another set we don't know about that's MBS. We did get 3 UCS sets last year, after all.

I love all the accessories (tools, detonators, blaster racks, etc.) included in the AT-TE! Top-notch clone vehicle set, so many play and display possibilities.

I as so glad to see the corner wall piece used to close of the areas that have had big gaps on other at-te sets. I think they used them in Rex’s first, glad it was carried over

JB Spielwaren's review of the Justifier is up:

On 7/1/2022 at 12:22 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

Wicket's head is, the AT-ST Driver's is the one from the hoth AT-ST.

Speaking of the AT-ST, there's high quality images out. It's got a lot of sand blue, which is...an interesting choice. 

It's also $35? I thought it was $30. These price increases are gonna suck. I'm just happy they aren't increasing BD-1 or the galaxy explorer, because I think those are the only two sets I'll be getting at this point.

I'm hoping that the new Wicket print means another Endor set soon, but we'll see. As someone who collects a lot of the Endor line, it would be nice not to have to get the 4+ for the new design. 
And the sand blue was also used a bit on the 2016 AT-ST as accents. I think it's just the small scale which makes it a bit more pronounced on this one. 

And as regards the other discussion, the RC should be coming this fall, yeah. I think 75303 was rumored as coming last year, so I'm guessing it's just a skipped set number at this point. 

I'm all for the sand blue, personally. If I get this set, it's more or less headed straight into my parts bins. It'll be nice to get some more not-quite-grey pieces for weathering and accents

On 7/4/2022 at 12:52 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

There is a UCS razor crest coming. Reliable leakers have said so, and personally the fact that the lego designers at lego con both wore razor crest T-shirts is enough for me. That's not a coincidence. 

However, I guess it's possible there's another set we don't know about that's MBS. We did get 3 UCS sets last year, after all.

Assuming the info put together by people around here is correct, I wonder why so long between MBS sets. Do they not sell? That would be surprising since it was very hard for me to even find the Cloud City one, and then the Cantina as well after it.

31 minutes ago, Darkslayer said:

Assuming the info put together by people around here is correct, I wonder why so long between MBS sets. Do they not sell? That would be surprising since it was very hard for me to even find the Cloud City one, and then the Cantina as well after it.

They usually like to keep one MBS out at a time basically and I think the Cantina is selling very well so they decided to push the Cantinas retirement back a year 

4 hours ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

I'm hoping that the new Wicket print means another Endor set soon, but we'll see. As someone who collects a lot of the Endor line, it would be nice not to have to get the 4+ for the new design. 
And the sand blue was also used a bit on the 2016 AT-ST as accents. I think it's just the small scale which makes it a bit more pronounced on this one. 

Honestly I think the juniors one has more sand blue parts than the 2016 one, not to mention that the juniors set's sand blue parts are larger and, like you say, would be more prominent regardless of size.