MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

10 hours ago, The Stud said:

I still don’t have any Ewok figures so that Wicket is really the highlight of the set for me.

Exactly my thoughts.

Any more info on the mysterious tan set?

1 hour ago, Agent Kallus said:

If there really was a new set in the instructions, I think the leakers would‘ve prioritised that over the 4+ AT-ST :tongue:

3 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Exactly my thoughts.

Yeah, like @BrickBob Studpants said, if it were a new set, we’d probably have seen or heard about it along with this 4+ AT-ST. Still not sure what set that tan blob could be in that blurry instruction picture though.

It's somewhat annoying that the 4+ AT-ST had ditched the leg printing on the driver's overalls. Getting a bit of a MCU set vibe unfortunately! 

A new pic of the AT-ST leaked with a better look at the minifigs and it looks like it has a new Scout Trooper. That’s neat. 

36 minutes ago, NeutralNoodle said:

A new pic of the AT-ST leaked with a better look at the minifigs and it looks like it has a new Scout Trooper. That’s neat. 

Actually looking at it, it looks like the one that came with the Razor Crest.

12 minutes ago, MSY-MSP said:

Actually looking at it, it looks like the one that came with the Razor Crest.

I looked at them side by side and it looks like the new one has more black printing on the torso. 

1 minute ago, NeutralNoodle said:

I looked at them side by side and it looks like the new one has more black printing on the torso. 

I think it might be the angle of the picture.  Cannot really see them having 2 different versions of the same figure out at the same time.

4 minutes ago, MSY-MSP said:

I think it might be the angle of the picture.  Cannot really see them having 2 different versions of the same figure out at the same time.

We’ll see. They changed the Stormtrooper printing in the recent Trash Compactor set while the Imperial Armored Marauder set with the old style of printing is still on shelves. 

What's going on with the republic fighter tank in Australia? It was in stock for like a day and went out of stock in literally every store and its been like that for almost 3 months. Also the major retailers like target, bigw and kmart don't have it

22 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

Does the AT-ST also come with Chewbacca?  I feel like I remember seeing somewhere that he was to be included, but the picture didn't show him, so I'm assuming not.  No idea if I fabricated that in my head somewhere, but I guess that's not the case.

I think some people mentioned that it might have Chewie at the point when people were guessing the figure selections of these sets. Never confirmed though. 

13 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

It was just the 4+ AT-ST. The weird lighting must have made it look tan. 

10 hours ago, The Stud said:

Yeah, like @BrickBob Studpants said, if it were a new set, we’d probably have seen or heard about it along with this 4+ AT-ST. Still not sure what set that tan blob could be in that blurry instruction picture though.

When we got that first leaked image of the AT-ST, it was of that instruction page and it was in that spot. Nothing new sadly. 

12 minutes ago, BigA_7 said:

What's going on with the republic fighter tank in Australia? It was in stock for like a day and went out of stock in literally every store and its been like that for almost 3 months. Also the major retailers like target, bigw and kmart don't have it

Seems like a similar situation to the 501st battle pack. I’m glad I rushed to pick it up as soon as it was out, I haven’t seen it in any of my local Targets, BigWs, or Kmarts either. 

1 hour ago, AD_Bricks said:

I think some people mentioned that it might have Chewie at the point when people were guessing the figure selections of these sets. Never confirmed though. 

That must've been it, because I was pretty sure I recalled Chewbacca referenced in mention to this set, but I guess it was just speculation since he makes sense as a main character you'd include with an Endor AT-ST.

That said, I am a little bit surprised that they didn't include a main character as a 4th minifigure in the set.  It seems like all of the 4+ sets except for the TIE came with one (even the A-Wing had C-3PO thrown in).  This seemed like a good set to include a Han or Chewbacca just to add playability, but I'm glad Wicket is in there at least.

9 hours ago, AD_Bricks said:

It was just the 4+ AT-ST. The weird lighting must have made it look tan. 

When we got that first leaked image of the AT-ST, it was of that instruction page and it was in that spot. Nothing new sadly. 

Seems like a similar situation to the 501st battle pack. I’m glad I rushed to pick it up as soon as it was out, I haven’t seen it in any of my local Targets, BigWs, or Kmarts either. 

It was available in Myer online for about half a day around May 10th (a friend bought some there). Other than that it sold out completely on Lego online on May 4th it seems... They did offer a back-order recently with strict limits (very similar to how 501st has been managed in Aus).

Hopefully it's coming back... I'm not risking it for the AT-TE, I'll buy 1 day 1 just for FOMO

12 hours ago, BigA_7 said:

I think on top of stock being snapped up as soon as it's made available, we're in the middle of another supply shortage, this time caused by soaring fuel costs. There's other popular sets - that wouldn't be of interest to the army builders - that are proving difficult to get at the moment; at the moment once the initial run of a set sells out, it'll be some time before more hit the shelves.

2 hours ago, MaximillianRebo said:

I think on top of stock being snapped up as soon as it's made available, we're in the middle of another supply shortage, this time caused by soaring fuel costs. There's other popular sets - that wouldn't be of interest to the army builders - that are proving difficult to get at the moment; at the moment once the initial run of a set sells out, it'll be some time before more hit the shelves.

Especially because (and correct me if I'm wrong here) Australia only has one lego factory, right? They're not going to be able to produce every set there, so then you have to spend those incredibly high fuel costs (gas is $6 a gallon where I live, I can't imagine how much more fuel costs for a cargo ship to Australia)  to get most of the sets over to the continent. 

Also, why are so many people army-building the tank? I don't get it. The 501st set was $30 with 2 common GAR vehicles and 4 troopers from one of the most popular clone legions, whereas the tank is $40 with a more uncommon vehicle (and not their best version of it, either), and only 3 figures from a non-canon legion. 

On 6/17/2022 at 2:34 AM, Mandalorianknight said:

Supposedly the next figure in the lego star wars magazine will be the mandalorian loyalist. Jealous of you guys in europe if that's true. 

Just bought the Lego Star Wars magazine today and there will be indeed a Mandalorian "Warrior" comming with the next issue on 30th July. Even with jetpack and two blasters.

dscn1100eojru.jpg

Edited by Yperio_Bricks
picture link

For a second I got excited and though the mando and dc-17s. Wouldn’t that have been wild. 

7 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Just bought the Lego Star Wars magazine today and there will be indeed a Mandalorian "Warrior" comming with the next issue on 30th July. Even with jetpack and two blasters.

How much do these magazines sell for? Very happy for you fellas in the EU and UK, I'm hoping the increased supply of these guys from the magazine means that us in the states get cheaper ones too.

6 hours ago, KevinMD said:

For a second I got excited and though the mando and dc-17s. Wouldn’t that have been wild. 

I was confused what you meant, I didn't realize that the original SW pistol mold was A: called a DC-17 on bricklink and B: like 10 times as expensive as the newer pistols. 

It would be nice if they brought back smaller pistols. The scope on the current main pistol makes it a little too big.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

13 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Especially because (and correct me if I'm wrong here) Australia only has one lego factory, right? They're not going to be able to produce every set there, so then you have to spend those incredibly high fuel costs (gas is $6 a gallon where I live, I can't imagine how much more fuel costs for a cargo ship to Australia)  to get most of the sets over to the continent. 

Also, why are so many people army-building the tank? I don't get it. The 501st set was $30 with 2 common GAR vehicles and 4 troopers from one of the most popular clone legions, whereas the tank is $40 with a more uncommon vehicle (and not their best version of it, either), and only 3 figures from a non-canon legion. 

As far as I know everything we get comes from China (or elsewhere abroad), which explains a lot about supply chain issues and the less than favourable exchange rate pricing. As for army building, if Reddit and IG are any indication (and maybe they're heavily skewed), seems like every time Lego releases a set with clones of any phase or legion (even non-canon as you said), everyone goes gaga for it. Whether intentional or not, by only occasionally releasing clone figs in sets TLG have created a scarcity that means every set that does drop is snapped up immediately (how many multiples of the AAT were bought to get Ahsoka troopers?) and covid/fuel related shortages have only exacerbated that.

11 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

How much do these magazines sell for?

The price is now 4,99€ and increased recently from 4,50€. Before it was 3,99€.

11 hours ago, MaximillianRebo said:

only occasionally releasing clone figs in sets TLG have created a scarcity

I agree with most of what you said there, but I disagree about lego only occasionally releasing clones. There was a bit of a scarcity while the new movies were coming out, but we've been getting a nice amount of clones for awhile. From august 2020 to august 2022, we've had/will have 11 new or updated clone troopers (including Cody) in sets, including repeats that's 18 clone troopers in sets in the past 3 years. Now, to be fair, only 2 of those were explicitly army-builders, but still, that's hardly a scarcity.

6 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

The price is now 4,99€ and increased recently from 4,50€. Before it was 3,99€.

Wow... that's awesome. That's the same price as a CMF guy. I was worried the magazine itself would make the full thing like $8-10, but this should definately bring down BL prices if it only costs people $5 to get it, certainly down from the current $12.5 average price in the US.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Australia doesn’t have a factory. Closest we have is a shipping warehouse in NSW that opened in 2018. 

5 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Australia doesn’t have a factory. Closest we have is a shipping warehouse in NSW that opened in 2018. 

There's one in Victoria too now.

The way the fire pops up in the duel set Vader v. Kenobi, it looks really cool I think. Still not going to get it, but the video reviews does have it looking better than originally thought. I feel like this happens a fair amount with sets...

10 hours ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

The way the fire pops up in the duel set Vader v. Kenobi, it looks really cool I think. Still not going to get it, but the video reviews does have it looking better than originally thought. I feel like this happens a fair amount with sets...

People were definitely exaggerating saying it was "the worst LEGO Star Wars set ever". No way, not by a long shot. Maybe the worst set of the wave, or even this year, but in the end it's decent, has good figs, and is somewhat worth the money for the amount of stuff you get. Should have been based on ep.6 but the set for that wouldn't have been much more interesting, and with this they were able to fit in that cool fire feature as well as NED-B and Tala.