MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

5 hours ago, Per_SW said:

Plot twist: we finally get a SW CMF, but it's the party outfits from the various specials :D
(I partial to both Kenobis we see in the trailer, they give me quite the Auralnauts vibe)

Larry Kenobi figure when?

I picked up the Mandalorian N-1 as part of my Lego Store haul today. Though I would have preferred to get the set on sale, I figured that I might as well get it before the price goes up later this year. I also got a second Forest Hideout promo so selling that might help me make some of that money back.

I also got a BAM box to reach the threshold and I noticed that there were plenty of Season 1 Greef Carga torsos. If you’re someone who’s missing that figure, that’d be a cheap way to get the torso!

2 hours ago, The Stud said:

I also got a BAM box to reach the threshold and I noticed that there were plenty of Season 1 Greef Carga torsos. If you’re someone who’s missing that figure, that’d be a cheap way to get the torso!

Star Wars pieces in BAM? Wow, I’ve never seen that before. If only they’d put clone trooper parts in it lol. 

Looks like the 4+ AT-ST has a speeder bike for the scout trooper as well as a tree or treehouse of some sort in terms of side builds. 

2 hours ago, The Stud said:

I picked up the Mandalorian N-1 as part of my Lego Store haul today. Though I would have preferred to get the set on sale, I figured that I might as well get it before the price goes up later this year. I also got a second Forest Hideout promo so selling that might help me make some of that money back.

They're....increasing the price of the N-1? *huh*

Jesus, at least stick the increases to stuff that was reasonably priced before, don't throw them onto sets that were already really overpriced!

38 minutes ago, AD_Bricks said:

Looks like the 4+ AT-ST has a speeder bike for the scout trooper as well as a tree or treehouse of some sort in terms of side builds. 

So sort of like the endor action battle set, something Afols will use as a $30 part/figure pack (though at least this one sounds like it has actually $30 of stuff. That action battle set was TINY for $30)

5 hours ago, The Stud said:

I got the N-1 over the weekend too, for the same reason. The price is too much as is. Haven’t built it yet, waiting for a rainy day. Got the Vader helmet and Road Runner+Coyote brickheadz to get the hideout. I don’t feel completely ripped off, but with these upcoming price increases I think I’m finally at the point where I’m going to cut back on LEGO spending. Here’s hoping classic space gets a full on revival and I can get my sci-fi brick fix, the price of the new Galaxy Explorer is great value by comparison. 

LMAO, so... let's just say that the location of the first Vader duel is the most interesting thing you've ever seen compared to the second one... :tongue:

:laugh: Yeah the finale was more exciting to watch but the first duel in the quarry was a much better choice for a Lego set.

10 hours ago, AD_Bricks said:

Star Wars pieces in BAM? Wow, I’ve never seen that before. If only they’d put clone trooper parts in it lol. 

Yeah, I was surprised to see it in there. I would’ve gotten one too if it weren’t for all the other cool minifigure parts in there lol.

Despite the show having some problems overall, I really enjoyed these last two episodes of Kenobi especially and unlike a lot of the other Disney+ series, there’s still a lot of Lego sets I feel that they could come up with.

Words cannot express how badly I want a Kenobi with Eopi set, kitted out with all the saddlebags, if they can do avatar ponies they can do Eopi.

Edited by Alex_South

5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

LMAO, so... let's just say that the location of the first Vader duel is the most interesting thing you've ever seen compared to the second one... :tongue:

Yeah... I can't believe they scrapped that awesome concept art of them fighting on the rafters over a pool of lava to replace it with

Spoiler

Some more gravel, but this time...there are ROCKS in the background!

I'll give a point to lego for the fact that there wasn't a more interesting duel to do, but they (or lucasfilm or whoever chose this) still could have done one of the smaller ships from the show or the ep5

Spoiler

battle scene

instead of that duel set.

That AT-ST… man oh man :roflmao:

4 hours ago, The Stud said:

Despite the show having some problems overall, I really enjoyed these last two episodes of Kenobi.

Perhaps unsurprisingly the last two episodes had a different writer than the previous ones.

I think that AT-ST is really cute ... for about half the price!

38 minutes ago, TBD said:

That AT-ST… man oh man 

Accurate description, I don’t think that set deserves more words

Honestly, I think that the AT-ST is pretty cute. The "tree" is fine for a juniors set, and the speeder doesn't look bad either. For a juniors set, not bad. I might honestly pick it up if I can find it on sale.

I have no need for that AT-ST, but those minifigs are a big draw for me. Looks like a decent parts pack, if nothing else, and better than most of the other 4+ sets that have been put out imo.

Its funny how the 4+ AT-ST is more complete than the First Order AT-ST.

It’s cute for what it is, but kinda weird to have it as the final set to be revealed for this wave. Didn’t exactly save the best for last :tongue:

4+ is ok, nothing major. Enjoyable set I reckon for the age range. Nice figures for us oldies. Price, nobody will be at retail. 

It’s alright for a 4+ set. There’s some decent figures. We don’t seem to see many Endor sets these days.

5 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

4+ is ok, nothing major. Enjoyable set I reckon for the age range. Nice figures for us oldies. Price, nobody will be at retail. 

Yeah, I don't get why people are making fun of this one so much. For a 4-6 year old, that's a perfectly fine AT-ST. And it really does have nice figs. Scout's getting pretty common (which is great, they should be common) but I don't believe we've had any ewoks since the last wicket 3 years ago. And the AT-ST pilot is good too since Lego refuses to put 2 in any of the system sets, so at least this way the BL price decreases.

3 hours ago, Tariq j said:

It’s alright for a 4+ set. There’s some decent figures. We don’t seem to see many Endor sets these days.

We really don't, do we? Endor feels like just as big and iconic a battle scene as Hoth, and we get so few sets for endor in comparison to hoth. Actually, if you don't count the "action battle" gimmick set, we haven't had an endor set since...2013. Geez.

It’s not a horrible set honestly. I don’t really have use for a 4+ AT-ST but I might get it for the figs, though only if I can find a good deal. I still don’t have any Ewok figures so that Wicket is really the highlight of the set for me.

Edited by The Stud

Does the AT-ST also come with Chewbacca?  I feel like I remember seeing somewhere that he was to be included, but the picture didn't show him, so I'm assuming not.  No idea if I fabricated that in my head somewhere, but I guess that's not the case.

On 6/23/2022 at 2:32 AM, TeufelHund said:

The 4+ set looks like something to pick up for the minifigs on sale and throw the parts in with the general mix.

Sounds about right. I don't have any Ewoks yet so I'll need to get it. Hopefully, there will be a decent discount at some point.

6 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

Does the AT-ST also come with Chewbacca?  I feel like I remember seeing somewhere that he was to be included, but the picture didn't show him, so I'm assuming not.  No idea if I fabricated that in my head somewhere, but I guess that's not the case.

The Hoth AT-ST has Chewbacca so you might have got the sets mixed up?

Edited by Csaba