MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

5 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I mean we surely would‘ve heard about another set in this wave by now if one was coming :classic:

You’re not wrong, but it has happened before. I remember in Summer 2020 we were only expecting one $100 set until set pictures leaked and we found out that we were getting two, one of which was a retail exclusive. Could be the same case here, though Lego seems to only be doing some of the 18+ sets as retail exclusives for this theme currently.

Idk, I just want a Cobb Vanth figure. I’m just going to continue gaslighting myself into believing that that blurry tan blob is a Mos Pelgo (sorry, “Freetown”) set. 😂

Anywho, I think Cody looks perfect. I was a bit worried that the visor would look too big on the helmet but I think it looks great. The Clone Gunner looks fantastic as well. I’m just not quite as excited for it as the other Clones in this set since I already have the previous Phase 2 Clone Gunner from 2017.

At this point, I’m just ready to see pictures of the set itself. I’m surprised that we’re getting pictures of the figures from the box art but no pictures of the set itself.

Edited by The Stud

19 minutes ago, The Stud said:

You’re not wrong, but it has happened before. I remember in Summer 2020 we were only expecting one $100 set until set pictures leaked and we found out that we were getting two, one of which was a retail exclusive. Could be the same case here, though Lego seems to only be doing  the 18+ sets as retail exclusives for this theme currently.

Idk, I just want a Cobb Vanth figure. I’m just going to continue gaslighting myself into believing that that blurry tan blob is a Mos Pelgo (sorry, “Freetown”) set. 😂

It would be great if there is a BOBF based on the last episode (Black K fig!). And I think there is a possibility, because I don't know what else it can be (I think the possibilities of being the Republic Fighter Tank or Yoda's Hut are low).

23 minutes ago, The Stud said:

I’m surprised that we’re getting pictures of the figures from the box art but no pictures of the set itself.

Same here; if you can leak pictures of the figs, you should be able to leak the whole set, right? It's only a matter of days now anyway, so no huge disappointment.

Just now, mirkwoodspiders said:

Same here; if you can leak pictures of the figs, you should be able to leak the whole set, right? It's only a matter of days now anyway, so no huge disappointment.

Promobricks is teasing it out for engagement, I assume.

The gunner looks nice. It's gonna annoy me a little that there are now two circles on each side of the head when they could have just moved the circles up a little, but it's a great figure overall.

Seems like they went with nearly the same design for the cannon on top of the AT-TE. I’m mostly curious to see if the ~300 additional pieces went into a dwarf droid sidebuild, the new design for the legs, or a decent interior (hoping for the last).

Cody looks great! Finally we have one released.

Does the clone gunner appear in the movies? I don’t recognise him …

2 minutes ago, Moexy said:

I'm pretty sure they just appear in The Clone Wars TV series, but it makes sense that there's one here cuz they do man the AT-TEs

7 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

You‘re missing the 4+ AT-ST. Maybe the one you think is the AT-TE is actually the AT-ST and the one in the middle is the AT-TE? :shrug_oh_well:

I mean we surely would‘ve heard about another set in this wave by now if one was coming :classic:

I would have thought that too, but the one in the middle can't be the AT-TE cuz it's very clearly the wrong colour, and it would have had a larger space on the page, but the one on the bottom left is really wide and large, good for the AT-TE. None of them really look like they could be the AT-ST.

1 hour ago, Jazzahh said:

Seems like they went with nearly the same design for the cannon on top of the AT-TE. I’m mostly curious to see if the ~300 additional pieces went into a dwarf droid sidebuild, the new design for the legs, or a decent interior (hoping for the last).

The Cody image suggests some sort of interior passenger seat or something, at least. The Dwarf spider droid won't take up all 300 pieces either, but it is important to temper expectations here. Newer sets tend to have more, smaller parts, and the last republic AT-TE was nearly a decade ago.

1 hour ago, Moexy said:

Cody looks great! Finally we have one released.

This guy is not in the movies, or any on-screen content for that matter. The design seems to be traced back to the cross-section books, the previous lego minifigure of the fella is the most common image result for Phase 2 clone gunner.

8 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

You‘re missing the 4+ AT-ST. Maybe the one you think is the AT-TE is actually the AT-ST and the one in the middle is the AT-TE? :shrug_oh_well:

I get that the image is potato quality, but I'm pretty sure you can still tell apart the AT-TE and AT-ST.

I can't find the images anymore (or codyleaks at all for that matter), but between the aforementioned difference between AT models, @jdubbs said "ummm" in response to someone mentioning the 4+ AT-ST not having been revealed yet, which doesn't bode well for the set.

8 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

This guy is not in the movies, or any on-screen content for that matter. The design seems to be traced back to the cross-section books, the previous lego minifigure of the fella is the most common image result for Phase 2 clone gunner.

He appears to be based on a concept that ultimately wasn't used for RotS: https://www.deviantart.com/paintpot2/art/Clone-Trooper-Concept-Dev-Material-02-663878888 (top right).

13 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I can't find the images anymore (or codyleaks at all for that matter), but between the aforementioned difference between AT models, @jdubbs said "ummm" in response to someone mentioning the 4+ AT-ST not having been revealed yet, which doesn't bode well for the set.

I said "umm" because whoever it was I was quoting had listed it as among the "3 best" sets we are getting this year... which, given it's a 4+ set, just seemed sort of funny to me...

49 minutes ago, Graupensuppe said:

He appears to be based on a concept that ultimately wasn't used for RotS: https://www.deviantart.com/paintpot2/art/Clone-Trooper-Concept-Dev-Material-02-663878888 (top right).

First of all, how dare you make me click on a devientart page, even if it's just clone designs.

That's cool, and it's pretty much a 1:1 adaption, so I think you're definately right that this was the basis. It's also interesting that he's called an AT-TE trooper, wonder if he's the Phase 2 "driver" for the AT-TE, since I don't believe we've ever seen them in canon.

Also concept art bly looks AWESOME.

45 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

I said "umm" because whoever it was I was quoting had listed it as among the "3 best" sets we are getting this year... which, given it's a 4+ set, just seemed sort of funny to me...

Ah. Yeah that's accurate. Not really expecting a stunning build from that.

5 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

Cody and the gunner both look fantastic! I look forward to seeing the full set.

The snippets of the set we get with each figure reveal are kind of cool, but I definately can't wait to see the full thing either.

I honestly like how the clones visors look on the boxes of the sets(Fighter tank,AT-TE) then in person especially the “mouth” area where it looks more stretched out,seems like a good balance between the 2014 and 2020 variant .Cody and the gunner look really good with it,it makes the helmets pop more.

Edited by Displayedaction

17 hours ago, necrochasm said:

Pretty sure it’s because Lego is going for a more uniform look for the clones, so it combines the 2 looks rather than making them specifically for either TCW or ROTS

True, personally I’m not a fan of that idea. It means we don’t get true clones from the TCW or true clones from the movies.  

That Cody minifig is a thing of beauty :wub: Now all of the Constraction figures finally have a minifig counterpart :tongue: And 2022 allows us to scratch quite a few big names off the missing-minifig list!

That reminds me! Like last year, this year‘s waves are again very imbalanced content-wise: An OT-heavy winter wave with barely anything new and next to no new moulds, followed by a mixed spring wave, and then an extravagant summer wave filled with new, highly desirable minifigs and new moulds/recolours as far as the eye can see :oh:

I wish there was a bit more of a balance there. For instance, they could‘ve released the Jedi Starfighter in January to spice things up with that excellent Taun We minifig :tongue:

I hope we have a bit more of a balance between OT and non-OT stuff next January! Otherwise, we know which wave to look forward to

2 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

True, personally I’m not a fan of that idea. It means we don’t get true clones from the TCW or true clones from the movies.  

I prefer it, I’d rather have a consistent clone army rather than having 2 separate types of clones personally. 

4 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

I suspect we will never see a case like CW clones vs movie clones or Rebels Stormies vs Movie Stormies again. My opinion is that they should have made all the clones in the movie style if they only wanted one version. This is essentially what they have done with the handful of newer CW characters we've received. Anikan, Mace (2 different versions), Greivous, Maul, Bo Katan, Gar Saxxon, Omega, Cad Bane are all in CW / BB sets but fit the overall style of live action figs. Arguably this was started with Rebels sets. Only the Stormies and TIE Pilots had the stylized helmets.

6 minutes ago, Archer said:

My opinion is that they should have made all the clones in the movie style if they only wanted one version.

I agree. And they did, for some time. 75088 Senate Commando Troopers was clearly based on TCW but used the same realistic armor prints as the other sets.

Edited by Graupensuppe

2 hours ago, necrochasm said:

I prefer it, I’d rather have a consistent clone army rather than having 2 separate types of clones personally. 

Same here. Especially since it's not actually a different armor type, it's just the animation style.

24 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Same here. Especially since it's not actually a different armor type, it's just the animation style.

I always wondered that and thought it was just the style, not actually differences. Consistent clones, this is the way (for me) 

It looks good. Do we have info on whether they've made the little wingpack or not? I couldn't see.

Other than that, the one thing I wish that they'd have done would be to put the indent on the helmet. And before I get people saying, 'It's hard to make a new mold! You know the process they go through? etc etc,' I'm wishing. It would just be nice because he, like Rex has a unique design.

57 minutes ago, MAVERICK26 said:

Other than that, the one thing I wish that they'd have done would be to put the indent on the helmet. And before I get people saying, 'It's hard to make a new mold! You know the process they go through? etc etc,' I'm wishing. It would just be nice because he, like Rex has a unique design.

What do you mean? They… did make a new mould, and… it does in fact have the indent, which is how Cody has the 2008 visor 

Oh nice, the Star Wars magazine does seem to be including figs more often which is nice. I don’t want to pay that price for a mircoscale ship but for a fig I want, it’s not bad.

Lots of great minifigures coming out in the next wave of sets. Commander Cody looks fantastic and is definitely worth the long wait! The new Cad Bane figure is also incredible and is easily the most detailed version we've gotten of him yet. Hopefully they don't let those new parts go to waste and come out with a live action variant from TBOBF in the near future. Glad they went with a proper figure for Todo-360 instead of a brick built solution and I'm looking forward to adding Omega to complete the Bad Batch crew.