MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

8 hours ago, AD_Bricks said:

In that pic of the back of the instructions, I think I've been able to discern the Starfighter (top left), Scythe (top right), Justifier (middle right), Ambush on Ferrix (middle bottom), Obi vs Vader (bottom right), BD-1 (middle left), and the AT-TE (bottom left), but I can't tell what that set in the middle is. Anyone know? Am I just being silly?

Edit: Am I going crazy, or do I see a dwarf spider droid in that middle set???

6 hours ago, AD_Bricks said:

My new (and I think correct) theory is that it’s a Tatooine building (Garsa’s Sanctuary?) with a Scorpenek. Cmon, where is everyone? This is a NEW, NEVER BEFORE LEAKED SET!!!

I’m right there with you both, that definitely looks like some sort of Tatooine building but I couldn’t tell you what it is. I don’t know how pictures can still have such awful quality in this day and age.

I wasn’t a huge fan of TBOBF but as someone who wants to have all the newer major characters represented in Lego form, I would still like to see a set with Cobb Vanth and TBOBF-styled Cad Bane. (I’d also like a new Rancor but that’s far less feasible at this point.) That could possibly be what we’re getting here.

Another picture just leaked of all the Justifier figures and while TODO, Cad Bane and Omega look great, and while it is nice to get Hunter and Fennec with a helmet in another set, that is just an awfully small figure selection for $160, or now $170. Lego should have put at least two more figures in that set to at least somewhat justify the cost. I’m still confused why Lego finally made a new Kaminoan mold and it seems to be one-and-done. There’s not a lot of sets you can include Kaminoans in and this would have been the perfect set to at least include Nala Se (even if Taun We is technically the Kaminoan in this scene, she’s already coming in a set). 

This set in general continues to confuse me. It’s $70 more expensive than the Bad Batch set from last year, it has only 100 more pieces, it comes with less exclusive figures, it comes with less minifigures in general if you don’t count Todo and the ship itself is far less recognizable. It’s also the most expensive non-UCS set this year. And from anecdotal experience, I’m not even sure that last year’s Bad Batch set was even a top seller to begin with. (It certainly didn’t flop like Vidiyo or Queer Eye though.)

And I don’t know about the rest of you, but I have not found any amazing Lego deals at Walmart, Target, etc. in recent years, so I don’t know how likely it is is for this set to go on sale. Fortunately, I have a feeling that this set will show up at Costco at some point. I heard that the current Bad Batch set will start to show up at some locations and they’ve been getting the Light Cruiser as well, which fills the same price point.

14 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Where are you seeing this?

If you go to #legoleaks, there’s a picture of the back of the instruction manual for one of the new Lego Star Wars sets and it looks like there’s some sort of Tatooine building in the picture in the center, underneath the Jedi Starfighter.

Edited by The Stud

On 6/13/2022 at 4:35 PM, Balrogofmorgoth said:

First of all, cool name and pfp. Second, I agree 100%. I know the Landspeeder has become a joke in the lego community, and it is kinda funny how many they have released within such a short amount of time. But this UCS is fantastic! I’ve always wanted one and it looks great at this scale. Solid fun build of an iconic vehicle that gets way too much hate. Side note, the most recent minifig scale version was also really good

Thank you :classic: Same to you. Huge LOTR Lego fan, I really hope they bring the line back. And yeah, I hope people come around on the Landspeeded. The stigma is unfair.

Cad Bane looks great, but no way am I buying this set. Gotta save up for the Eiffel Tower/Knight's Castle/Hogwarts Express/Razor Crest/AT-TE/... ah what difference does it make, LEGO is already bankrupting me anyway :head_back:

Lego is really keeping Cody under wraps it seems, hope he or the set don't leak before Lego Con tbh. 

Anyone mind private messaging me the image of the back of the instruction manual please? I can't seem to find it on Instagram anywhere.

Edit:

Never mind, I found it (from Codyleaks lol). Wow, that really is terrible. 

Edited by Brickroll

3 hours ago, Brickroll said:

Never mind, I found it (from Codyleaks lol). Wow, that really is terrible. 

Oh, lol, I blocked him. That's why he didn't appear to me :grin:
Anyhoo, that is an awful picture. I don't get how anyone can make anything out of it.
Except maybe the starfighter.

Regards,
Mitch

19 hours ago, AD_Bricks said:

My new (and I think correct) theory is that it’s a Tatooine building (Garsa’s Sanctuary?) with a Scorpenek. Cmon, where is everyone? This is a NEW, NEVER BEFORE LEAKED SET!!!

You must have godlike vision to make out all of those sets! Haha, that picture quality is absolutely terrible. 

But I can see a beige splodge in the middle and I like location sets, so I hope your theory is right. 

17 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It's like the grievous fighter from 2020, except twice the price. Someone might buy a set that should be $40-50 for $80, but I don't see many people buying a set that should be $80-100 for $160. Unless the justifier is, like, a bionicle, there's no justification for the price.

Not really the comparison i’d make for that. Promobricks says it’s the size of the playscale falcon, which is pretty in line with $160 (or i guess $170 now but you know what I mean), It’s just a really niche thing to pick for the price point. The AT-TE  from what we’ve been hearing about it, honestly sounds more overpriced than the Justifier does. 

20 hours ago, AD_Bricks said:

Your elf eyes must be able to see into the fifth dimension then because I don‘t see sh*t :laugh_hard:

This potato image is an insult to actual potatoes. I‘ve seen better images on the Gameboy camera!

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

3 hours ago, CF Mitch said:

Anyhoo, that is an awful picture. I don't get how anyone can make anything out of it.
Except maybe the starfighter.

Surely you can make out the Scythe and BD-1 too, lol. Also, you can tell by the general colour of the sets' backgrounds that the 2 sets on the bottom right are the Andor tac-pod shuttle and the duel set. Then the only ones left are the AT-TE, the Justifier (roughly distinguishable), and the weird unknown one that I think is Garsa's Sanctuary with a Scorpenek.

I made a Youtube video where I labelled them and prompted speculation in the comments, the link to my channel is on my profile here if you wanna see it, probably shouldn't link the video here though.

Edit: Also, I just found a supposed leak of Cody, and he appears to have the grey bottom half of the torso like the apparently fake leak of the torso. I'm sceptical.

Edit: Aaaaand I just noticed that each "leak" has a different amount of the belt coloured orange, so at most only one can be real.

Edited by AD_Bricks

10 hours ago, Gontron said:

Lego is really keeping Cody under wraps it seems, hope he or the set don't leak before Lego Con tbh. 

I really hope it gets revealed at LEGO Con and not leaked before then. I think it would be nice to have a true genuine reveal. Maybe that is just me. Only a few more days either way!

2 hours ago, AD_Bricks said:

Surely you can make out the Scythe and BD-1 too, lol. Also, you can tell by the general colour of the sets' backgrounds that the 2 sets on the bottom right are the Andor tac-pod shuttle and the duel set. Then the only ones left are the AT-TE, the Justifier (roughly distinguishable), and the weird unknown one that I think is Garsa's Sanctuary with a Scorpenek.

You‘re missing the 4+ AT-ST. Maybe the one you think is the AT-TE is actually the AT-ST and the one in the middle is the AT-TE? :shrug_oh_well:

I mean we surely would‘ve heard about another set in this wave by now if one was coming :classic:

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

You‘re missing the 4+ AT-ST. Maybe the one you think is the AT-TE is actually the AT-ST and the one in the middle is the AT-TE? :shrug_oh_well:

I mean we surely would‘ve heard about another set in this wave by now if one was coming :classic:

As exciting as a surprise set would be, it does seem hard to believe that some mention of it wouldn't have leaked by now. I was also wondering if any of those blurry panels could be either the Republic Fighter Tank or the N-1, or maybe those are on the other page with January and march stuff.

Whelp First pictures of commander cody have appeared, he's actually real.

I think this means we have pictures of all the summer star wars minifigures except for the clone gunner.

Commander Cody looks better than I thought he would. I still think the visor with a new shorter mold and antenna would be the best but this is pretty good too. Overall, I am pleased. I hope the set follows this. 

12 hours ago, Gontron said:

You summoned him. Teach me your ways.

18 minutes ago, HatBricks said:

Whelp First pictures of commander cody have appeared, he's actually real.

I think this means we have pictures of all the summer star wars minifigures except for the clone gunner.

Aside from if there's any new figs in that possible new set from the instruction manual.

I think he looks good. The image also implies that the AT-TE has an interior, which is nice, since IIRC the 2013 one really didn't have too much of one.

7 hours ago, necrochasm said:

Not really the comparison i’d make for that. Promobricks says it’s the size of the playscale falcon, which is pretty in line with $160 (or i guess $170 now but you know what I mean), It’s just a really niche thing to pick for the price point. The AT-TE  from what we’ve been hearing about it, honestly sounds more overpriced than the Justifier does. 

If it is the size of the playscale falcon, then it's still pretty overpriced, the most recent playscale falcon had around 300 more pieces than the justifier, and 2 more minifigures. That's a pretty substantial change. That's like an entire Anakin's ETA-2 of extra parts and figures.

So the AT-TE is based off of ROTS? 

If that’s the case I really don’t understand why the clones look like they are based off of the Clone Wars TV show to be honest. The mouth peace in particular.

Cody is okay but I do think they should have done a moulded visor with antenna. 

14 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

If that’s the case I really don’t understand why the clones look like they are based off of the Clone Wars TV show to be honest. The mouth peace in particular.

They've been doing that since 2020 (look at the torsos of the Airborne Trooper in Grievous' Starfighter and the Commander in the UCS Gunship). They look so bad compared to the 2014-2019 style, it's really putting me off from buying any of the recent clone sets...

Edited by Graupensuppe

48 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Cody is okay but I do think they should have done a moulded visor with antenna. 

Pretty sure it’s because Lego is going for a more uniform look for the clones, so it combines the 2 looks rather than making them specifically for either TCW or ROTS

New Comander Cody looks great, finally we have him! Although I agree that his visor should have had antenna molded into it, it still looks really good. Now I have to get that At-Te set😅

Lego really deserves compliments this time for a number of reasons:

1. We got a Cody minifigure!

2. It’s phase 2 Cody

3. It looks excellent

4. Its design can be used with previous clones and works well with both ROTS and TCW

5. It comes in a set which is not too expensive and offers other interesting minifigures which are massable (as well as the set itself)

6. Lego actually listen to the fans, even the AFOL minority, and sometimes does please their wishes

Clone gunner also leaked and looks great!

Honestly with all of the perceived interest in P2 Cody, it leaked and *crickets*. Maybe needs more info/time to digest

Edited by McMurder_them_softly

29 minutes ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

Clone gunner also leaked and looks great!

Honestly with all of the perceived interest in P2 Cody, it leaked and *crickets*. Maybe needs more info/time to digest

I'm just waiting on the AT-TE itself. Cody looks absolutely amazing, but I'm not really all that thrilled with the descriptions of the set itself so far. I'm hoping for a pleasant surprise, but I'm not gonna count on it, and ultimately, it's not gonna stop me from getting it just for Cody