MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

I just finished building the UCS Landspeeder and here are a few thoughts:

1. Aesthetically very pleasing. The windshield and exposed engine are the highlights.

2. Solid. This thing won't break easily.

3. A great build, even with the mostly straightforward brick-stacking. Building the engines was wonderful.

4. I wish they'd had a small side-build for Luke's rifle. It would have been very easy and hardly added any pieces.

5. I also wish they'd included a removable panel of sorts to reveal the guts of one part of the speeder. That might be a fun mod project in the future.

6. Its existence is absolutely justified. It really does look great and has a fun build.

I'm already looking forward to the UCS (probably) Razor Crest!

58 minutes ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

I just finished building the UCS Landspeeder and here are a few thoughts:

1. Aesthetically very pleasing. The windshield and exposed engine are the highlights.

2. Solid. This thing won't break easily.

3. A great build, even with the mostly straightforward brick-stacking. Building the engines was wonderful.

4. I wish they'd had a small side-build for Luke's rifle. It would have been very easy and hardly added any pieces.

5. I also wish they'd included a removable panel of sorts to reveal the guts of one part of the speeder. That might be a fun mod project in the future.

6. Its existence is absolutely justified. It really does look great and has a fun build.

I'm already looking forward to the UCS (probably) Razor Crest!

First of all, cool name and pfp. Second, I agree 100%. I know the Landspeeder has become a joke in the lego community, and it is kinda funny how many they have released within such a short amount of time. But this UCS is fantastic! I’ve always wanted one and it looks great at this scale. Solid fun build of an iconic vehicle that gets way too much hate. Side note, the most recent minifig scale version was also really good

Both look fantastic in my opinion. Also, Todo leaked as well; it’s interesting how they designed the mold.

Omega looks awesome, but not $160 awesome. Bane looks fine. I still think it's hilarious for BD to be as tall as or larger than TODO, but he's a solid mold and figure.

Those three are bloody amazing :wub: Cad Bane is so much more detailed than the previous two versions and the new breathing apparatus is an excellent piece :thumbup: TODO looks adorable in that size and Omega is pretty much perfect. Nice to see the designers keeping up the tradition of using recoloured Harry Potter hairpieces for kid characters in SW!

(Even though it’s technically only the third time it happened and the second one probably doesn’t count, so calling it a tradition might be a bit of an overstatement)

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

All three look absolutely fantastic, but it's still a 170€ set with barely 1000 pieces. No minifigure could make this set worth its price.

Agree, all three look really good. I’m just really curious to see what might warrant such a high price now. Even if you throw in a new canopy piece and several large/printed pieces, it seems hard to justify

The minifigs are awesome, but yeah, although I hope it somehow turns out to be worth the value, I'm not setting my expectations too high. Still gonna buy it though, Cad Bane's a cool character who I don't have yet, and it'll be good to have a ship for him too, plus Omega will complete the Bad Batch.

Edited by AD_Bricks

Cad Bane looks good, maybe a little underwhelming. Omega could’ve used a unique hairpiece but she’s passable. I appreciate the effort put into TODO but that’s just off to me, especially when compared to BD-1. Still keen to see the build for The Justifier. 

Also, if that blurry catalogue picture is real then that’s the worst leak we’ve ever gotten lol. 

24 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Also, if that blurry catalogue picture is real then that’s the worst leak we’ve ever gotten lol. 

It is - from the manual on YouTube reviews posted above.

2 hours ago, Jazzahh said:

Agree, all three look really good. I’m just really curious to see what might warrant such a high price now. Even if you throw in a new canopy piece and several large/printed pieces, it seems hard to justify

Pun intended? :wink:

I'm pretty sure there's nothing to justify that price. It's just terrible, and there's no strong reason as to why. 

48 minutes ago, HothFan1987 said:

The Cody torso is up too, not seen anyone mention that?

I think the general consensus is that it's fake

In that pic of the back of the instructions, I think I've been able to discern the Starfighter (top left), Scythe (top right), Justifier (middle right), Ambush on Ferrix (middle bottom), Obi vs Vader (bottom right), BD-1 (middle left), and the AT-TE (bottom left), but I can't tell what that set in the middle is. Anyone know? Am I just being silly?

Edit: Am I going crazy, or do I see a dwarf spider droid in that middle set???

Edited by AD_Bricks

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I'm pretty sure there's nothing to justify that price. It's just terrible, and there's no strong reason as to why. 

Haha not even! 

But very true, it just doesn’t make sense :/

2 hours ago, AD_Bricks said:

In that pic of the back of the instructions, I think I've been able to discern the Starfighter (top left), Scythe (top right), Justifier (middle right), Ambush on Ferrix (middle bottom), Obi vs Vader (bottom right), BD-1 (middle left), and the AT-TE (bottom left), but I can't tell what that set in the middle is. Anyone know? Am I just being silly?

My new (and I think correct) theory is that it’s a Tatooine building (Garsa’s Sanctuary?) with a Scorpenek. Cmon, where is everyone? This is a NEW, NEVER BEFORE LEAKED SET!!!

3 hours ago, AD_Bricks said:

I think the general consensus is that it's fake

Isn’t there supposed to be a dwarf spider droid in the AT-TE set?

The figures from the Justifier look amazing! I didn't expect a new piece for Bane's tubes, I assumed they'd use the old one but the new piece is perfect, just wish they were gunmetal, not silver. The rest of the figure looks incredible, as does Omega and Todo, so glad they're giving us so many new droid molds this year!

Edited by ToaDraco

Omega and Todo are good. Bane is pretty good but I really wish lego would just do arm printing for main and secondary characters that have a lot of multi-colored pauldrons or gauntlets. This mostly applies to mandalorians and some bounty hunters. I don't need printed arms on clones and stormtroopers, but Cad Bane would have benefitted greatly. Give him the Boba / Din / Fennic treatment!

I don't really have much to say that hasn't already been said in regards to Bane and Omega. They're both great figures, but not great enough for me to swing for a set that should be half its retail price. It'd be nice if they both show up in cheaper sets later, but I'm not very confident in that happening (with these specific versions; I'm pretty confident we'll get new versions of them since they are both popular and relevant characters).

5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It's like the grievous fighter from 2020, except twice the price. Someone might buy a set that should be $40-50 for $80, but I don't see many people buying a set that should be $80-100 for $160. Unless the justifier is, like, a bionicle, there's no justification for the price.

5 hours ago, HothFan1987 said:

The Cody torso is up too, not seen anyone mention that?

Falconfan said it's fake. A good fake IMO, but apparently fake nonetheless.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

The new Cad Bane figure is way better than the previous one and I do think they did a great job capturing his Bad Batch look, Omega is also great, but my personal opinion is that I wish this was a Book of Boba version of cad bane, that's my favorite look he's ever had and I think the minifig print would have been a bit cleaner and simpler, the current print is kind of noisy (it's accurate), I just like his appearance in BOB more. I also desperately wanted a mos pelgo shootout with red scarf Cob Vanth or a Cad vs Boba/Rancor streets of tatooine set lol. I'm probably the only guy that wants more tatooine lego scenery. Also I am baffled at the size and price of the justifier considering this is supposed to be a Bad Batch companion set to the tiniest shuttle we have ever seen lol.

Edited by Alex_South

5 hours ago, AD_Bricks said:

My new (and I think correct) theory is that it’s a Tatooine building (Garsa’s Sanctuary?) with a Scorpenek. Cmon, where is everyone? This is a NEW, NEVER BEFORE LEAKED SET!!!

Where are you seeing this?