MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

30 minutes ago, Omand said:

I like a mix in the calendar if possible. Some generic army builder type figure are nice.  if supplies last I can get the advent calendar on sale after December 1st in many cases and use as parts packs, so stormtroopers, scout troopers, etc. are great.

I do this same thing, though usually with just 1 copy. I said earlier I wasn't quite sure if canon exclusives or christmas guys were better, but I will concretely say I think all the repeated figs should be army-builders. 

45 minutes ago, Omand said:

That said, I also have a soft spot for unique figures and funny figures to a certain extent.  I prefer the unique figures more than the funny figures (like Beach Vader), but they can have a place.

This is why I maintain christmas mando's torso was the best advent calendar print. The scarf is christmasy, but also works as an in-universe torso. A mandalorian outlaw wouldn't look out of place with that scarf. To a lesser extent this also works for christmas Jango, since the torso seems just like a red mando torso from far off and with a belt and pauldron you can hide the christmas elements entirely.

Do we know what 75331 is supposed to be or when it releases?

Its not UCS nor is it the advent calendar or a known set

I know it's probably an irrational hope but if we do get a razocrest D2C set this fall I kinda hope it has side builds like the Cantina. I feel like the design of the existing RC only needs a 4-8 stud increase in regards to L x W. Not sure what metallic grey means but I hope that means the drum lacquered stuff. I would love to get some scenery/set piece builds to go with it. Either some Navaro stuff, or maybe Kuiil's homestead or something. I will be kinda bummed if it's just a giant display RC with an exclusive mando+grogu on the plaque, I'm hoping it's more master builder series than UCS.

2 hours ago, Alex_South said:

I know it's probably an irrational hope but if we do get a razocrest D2C set this fall I kinda hope it has side builds like the Cantina. I feel like the design of the existing RC only needs a 4-8 stud increase in regards to L x W. Not sure what metallic grey means but I hope that means the drum lacquered stuff. I would love to get some scenery/set piece builds to go with it. Either some Navaro stuff, or maybe Kuiil's homestead or something. I will be kinda bummed if it's just a giant display RC with an exclusive mando+grogu on the plaque, I'm hoping it's more master builder series than UCS.

I understand the hope for something like that but I think it’s very very unlikely

6 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I understand the hope for something like that but I think it’s very very unlikely

Agreed. It seems like they might take the Gunship route with this one and just make it the oversized, detailed model rather than anything minifig scale.

I'm kind of surprised after those poor quality AT-TE photos nothing else besides better photos of the 212th Troopers and their helmets has come up. It seems like after some poor quality photos some much nicer ones pop up fairly quickly after. Besides the AT-TE and Cad Bane's ship, is there anything else we haven't seen yet from this wave?

47 minutes ago, CodeNameGoldMember said:

Agreed. It seems like they might take the Gunship route with this one and just make it the oversized, detailed model rather than anything minifig scale.

I'm kind of surprised after those poor quality AT-TE photos nothing else besides better photos of the 212th Troopers and their helmets has come up. It seems like after some poor quality photos some much nicer ones pop up fairly quickly after. Besides the AT-TE and Cad Bane's ship, is there anything else we haven't seen yet from this wave?

It almost seems like they plan the official reveals after when leaks happen... anyway that AT-TE pic still looks suspicious to me because it is mostly blurred horizontally rather than just being blurred in general. Also there is still technically the 4+ AT-ST, but I don't think anyone is really counting on that.

1 hour ago, CodeNameGoldMember said:

AT-TE images are fake 

13 hours ago, CodeNameGoldMember said:

That makes sense, and while it's not what I want I do think it will make a great display piece especially if they properly use the pearl greys and some drum lacquered stuff.

If it isn't designed for minifigs I will go for the playset model. The RC is one of my favorite ships but I have been holding off to see what they do with a UCS mando set before getting anything mando related. It's been a long couple of years lol. I expect we will see a mythosaur set at some point. That's my theory for next year (sorry, off topic)

12 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

AT-TE images are fake

I figured as much. Hoping the box has that blue stripe on it so MandR can finally realize that it's not an "Empire Strikes Back" specific thing.

23 minutes ago, AIex said:

I figured as much. Hoping the box has that blue stripe on it so MandR can finally realize that it's not an "Empire Strikes Back" specific thing.

Yeah, I’m pretty sure the blue stripe is for all the saga/movie related sets. They’re only differentiating the stripe colors for the  other properties.

Also, just one more week until Lego Con and more Star Wars reveals folks!

59 minutes ago, AIex said:

Why is this even a question? Obi-Wan‘s Jedi Starfighter has it, so it‘s obviously used for Skywalker Saga sets beyond just TESB :tongue:

Just now, BrickBob Studpants said:

Why is this even a question? Obi-Wan‘s Jedi Starfighter has it, so it‘s obviously used for Skywalker Saga sets beyond just TESB :tongue:

I don't watch MandR because I find him to be whiny and he rarely provides new information, but my guess is he was claiming that the blue stripe on the starfighter set was a box art mistake or something.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I don't watch MandR because I find him to be whiny and he rarely provides new information, but my guess is he was claiming that the blue stripe on the starfighter set was a box art mistake or something.

He was thinking the colors on the Lego boxes are supposed to be matching the colors on the Black Series boxes.

6 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Reviews of some sets are out on YouTube.

How are people getting ahold of these? It's supposed to be august for everyone, right? This seems super early.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

How are people getting ahold of these? It's supposed to be august for everyone, right? This seems super early.

I assume it’s through the Lego Ambassador Network. 

Taun We looks perfect! So excited to get her! I will say I would rather have bought a 70-90 dollar Kamino base, or a Jango Fett starship over another Obi Wan star fighter, but she does save the set. I won’t buy it until after next year in the hopes that her mold is reused in a better set.

Commander Cody sounds nice but I was really hoping we would see a new Jedi in the AT-TE. Feels like a missed opportunity to get wither Shaak Ti or someone of the sort.

1 hour ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

I assume it’s through the Lego Ambassador Network. 

I don't think so. Although LAN does send sets out early, this seems REALLY early, and they definately aren't allowed to post the videos on them this early. If those guys are LAN (which I don't think they are), this could cost them their membership. Plus, if it was given out to LAN members we'd see some of the more prominent ones posting videos on it too, at the very least some members that do videos in english.

So all in all, I doubt these were obtained via LAN, and if they were, it'll probably be the last LAN sets these guys get.

9 hours ago, The Stud said:

He was thinking the colors on the Lego boxes are supposed to be matching the colors on the Black Series boxes.

TBF they do on literally all other star wars products except Lego which for some reason can't stick to a specific box design/color for specific eras or the theme as a whole. I love uniformity so that's always my one wish, truly uniform boxes.

JB Spielwaren also put up their videos for this year’s City Space sets long before anyone else did.

Can we still expect to get red-eye vader in the future?? Maybe they’ll release a final battle set once episode 6 releases? I want that red-eye vader so much

Just watched JB's reviews, and WOW, these minfigs are amazing! Especially the Inquisitors. The Scythe is definitely the best set so far (so not including the AT-TE or Justifier).

So Taun We gets back (of skirt) printing, R4 does not, No second face for 5th brother, shame as I like the toothy face from the old one, luckily I will have both.

Edited by Archer

Of the sets revealed so far I'm only interested in Obi-Wan's starfighter, since I missed out on the first version in 2002; I don't really care for Taun We but it's nice to have her I guess. And I'm looking forward to the reveal of the AT-TE since I also missed out on its first incarnation in 2003 I believe :tongue: The Scythe is looking very good indeed but the fact that I'm not impressed by the inquisitors in the show erases the interest that I could have had in their vehicle (for such a price at least).

And I'm not sure what sunny Vader is doing in the advent calendar. Maybe they just really wanted to release that figure from the summer special but couldn't think of another type of set to insert a goofy minifure in? Oh well, I'll see what else it will have before buying.