MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

8 minutes ago, icm said:

What new slope mold?

image.png.f4d45a6036a93c06f42cc9f09c31dbfd.png

These. Looks to be a 6x2 wedge slope.

That’s not new, except maybe in that color. It was introduced in 1999.

And btw, the FO AT-ST is easily way worse than this. Didn’t even have good minifigs to make up for it like this does. Not even a close comparison.

I like it, but if the UK price is anything like the US one then I don't like it anywhere near that much.

1 hour ago, ToaDraco said:

LEGO, if you're listening give us a green one and a yellow one too, I need a full compliment of BD droids in different colors to represent different BD-1 skins! At the very least a (green) yellow one because that's the skin I used in the game. :tongue:

Fixed it for you :wink:.

The yellow one from the deluxe edition to be precise ( I got the deluxe edition because at the time it was on sale and the standard was not, so it was alot cheaper ironically enough).

3 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Really? What the fuzzy picture had going for it was that I couldn't be 100% sure the set is awful. Now I'm sure.

It looks like a bland MOC. On a table at a convention it'd be fine - "oh nice someone recreated that scene", but as a set it's just rubbish. Totally underwhelming location, so small for the price.

Exactly. It's an accurate recreation of the scene, it's just a terrible scene to do a set for.

2 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

Then agree to disagree because that set was straight trash, I don't care how much it cost.

No red eyes for Vader, are you kidding me!?!?!? Then why on Alderaan would they give him red eyes on the box for the Kenobi sets! :damn:

*sigh*

At least NED-B looks amazing and the set has a lot more going on with it than it initially appears and I like all the functions. I don't understand what people really expected after seeing ep3. Still peeved by the lack of red eyes on Vader though, almost feels like false advertising. It's even worse than tBoBF box art where Boba's armor is the correct color while the actual figure's armor is not, that could be chalked up to the tone of ink used for the art, this however was a deliberate choice to give him red eyes in the art.

I think people expected that Lego wouldn't make a set based off that scene, because if that was the "rematch of the century" (I assume there'll be another fight later), I want a refund. We saw concept art back in november of them fighting on rafters above lava, which would have been a much more interesting and dynamic set if that's still happening. And with publicly released concept art that far back, it's not like they were hiding it from lego, either.

4 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

The yellow one from the deluxe edition to be precise Red Yavin Prime skin, because that's the one I use in the game. ( I got the deluxe edition because at the time it was on sale and the standard was not, so it was alot cheaper ironically enough).

Fixed it for you :wink:.

It would be a fun thing to get different BD-1 colors if we got different fallen order sets. Even if they can't change the ponchos or Cal figure itself, including some spare 4ls for different lightsaber colors or having BD-1 be a different color in some sets would be fun. This would be the type of thing that'd work as a polybag promo, with Cal using a different outfit, poncho, lightsaber, and BD-1 skin than the canon ones.

24 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

image.png.f4d45a6036a93c06f42cc9f09c31dbfd.png

These. Looks to be a 6x2 wedge slope.

That's a bley vulture wing, I think. 

12 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It would be a fun thing to get different BD-1 colors if we got different fallen order sets. Even if they can't change the ponchos or Cal figure itself, including some spare 4ls for different lightsaber colors or having BD-1 be a different color in some sets would be fun. This would be the type of thing that'd work as a polybag promo, with Cal using a different outfit, poncho, lightsaber, and BD-1 skin than the canon ones.

I used a double bladed orange lightsaber in my play through, that would be cool to get

1 hour ago, icm said:

That’s not new, except maybe in that color. It was introduced in 1999.

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Isn’t that a Vulture Droid wing?

1 hour ago, icm said:

40 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

That's a bley vulture wing, I think. 

:facepalm: Wow. Now I'm embarrassed. Totally thought there was a split in the middle of the wedges making it two separate pieces. And now I really want a 6x2 wedge slope...

39 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

We saw concept art back in november of them fighting on rafters above lava, which would have been a much more interesting and dynamic set if that's still happening.

While this very likely would have made for a more impressive set, it probably wouldn’t have included any characters other than Vader and Kenobi. Of course that depends on what exactly happens in that episode (6 I’d assume?), but I wouldn’t be surprised if nobody else was present at that fight, except for Reva perhaps, depending on where her story is headed. Were NED-B and Tala worth the sacrifice? You decide, but they are in my book :laugh:

I for one am just glad my child can now recreate the moment that Darth Vader finally got his revenge and got to torture Obi-Wan by horrifically dragging him across burning debris... :laugh_hard:

I know that some have said the Duel at Mustafar is worse, but at least that was a battle. A face-off between good and evil where good, at least temporarily, prevailed. Here Obi-Wan was mercilessly toyed with, it wasn't a duel at all. It is evil triumphant. The whole episode and this scene was some of the darkest material in SW. A weird subject for a playset for sure.

I wonder how much influence Disney has over the subjects TLG make of their IP. Obviously it can't be one-sided. But as many have pointed out this is a super strange choice, not just for the subject but for the setting which offers little in way of interest. The set itself is very uninspired. They could have added some height to the background in the form of mining machinery or even part of a slag heap - anything.  Speaking of Duel at Mustafar - the recent set along with the Starkiller base Duel are far more interesting builds than this, even if smaller with less exciting figures.

This set, and some of the other recent releases make it seem that TLG realize that many LEGO SW fans value minifigs above all. A concept that is hard to argue when you see the secondary market prices of many SW figs. Yeah NED-B is a really cool minifig, probably the best of the lot, but as a droid character it was super bland. But when asking $50 with 4 minifigs I would hope for a somewhat interesting build 

Do we know where else the duel set will be sold or if this is a LEGO exclusive?

Do people really want a Jango’s Slave I at the scale of the latest Boba version? I don’t. It looks terrible and it’s so horribly undersized. Give me a Jango Slave I in the same scale as the 20th Anniversary Slave I

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

3 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Do people really want a Jango’s Slave I at the scale of the latest Boba version? I don’t. It looks terrible and it’s so horribly undersized. Give me a Jango Slave I in the same scale as the 20th Anniversary Slave I

Wait, what, is this being rumored?  I know a while back there was speculation, but I think that was entirely just speculation since the Jedi Starfighter was heavily rumored to be Obi-Wan's from Ep II and contain Taun We, as well as possibly some more AOTC sets (or, at least people thought the AT-TE would be from AOTC, since it was barely in ROTS, not that I'm complaining because I think the minifigures here are a lot more interesting).

If my memory serves me right, didn't people think this was the $50 set (which we now know is the duel set)?

As far as I can recall, there was some light speculation that the 408-piece $50 set might be a small Jango Fett Slave I to go with the new AoTC Delta-7, but that set turned out to be the Vader/Kenobi duel.

6 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Also, no at least I do not. If we get one, I want it properly sized or even UCS (yes I know how unrealistic that is) 

That's a strange set for sure, even if the HD images made it better. Minifigs are definitely the highlight. LEGO needs to work with their retailers, because blurry images are always leaking one day ahead of the reveal. Only 10 days for LEGOCON, and I guess they saved the three best sets for it: AT-TE, Justifier and the 4+ AT-ST!

4 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I used a double bladed orange lightsaber in my play through, that would be cool to get

I use white, I'd love that too. And they don't even have to recolor parts, 4l blades appear in a frosted trans-clear (white), and transparent orange, yellow, different blues, and a ton of other colors we don't see in Lego Star Wars sets. 

3 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

:facepalm: Wow. Now I'm embarrassed. Totally thought there was a split in the middle of the wedges making it two separate pieces. And now I really want a 6x2 wedge slope...

From some angles it does kinda look like there's a split, so I get it.

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

While this very likely would have made for a more impressive set, it probably wouldn’t have included any characters other than Vader and Kenobi. Of course that depends on what exactly happens in that episode (6 I’d assume?), but I wouldn’t be surprised if nobody else was present at that fight, except for Reva perhaps, depending on where her story is headed. Were NED-B and Tala worth the sacrifice? You decide, but they are in my book :laugh:

Spoiler

Current leaks indicate it's supposed to be part of a massive battle scene, so we could have had the Path leader, Tala, all the inquisitors, stormtroopers, partisans, KUMAIL NANJINI (definately butchered the name, but the fake jedi dude) is supposed to be there, probably NED.

So yes, it definately could have included more characters than vader and kenobi.

1 hour ago, Kit Figsto said:

Wait, what, is this being rumored?  I know a while back there was speculation, but I think that was entirely just speculation since the Jedi Starfighter was heavily rumored to be Obi-Wan's from Ep II and contain Taun We, as well as possibly some more AOTC sets (or, at least people thought the AT-TE would be from AOTC, since it was barely in ROTS, not that I'm complaining because I think the minifigures here are a lot more interesting).

If my memory serves me right, didn't people think this was the $50 set (which we now know is the duel set)?

Nah no rumor, I just saw Falconfan’s story about how some people are suggesting that should have been the $50 set. I would hate it so much. I want a properly scaled Jango Slave I if we ever get one. I’d much rather have this lackluster duel build with the great figures than another scaled down abomination 

2 hours ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

LEGO needs to work with their retailers, because blurry images are always leaking one day ahead of the reveal. Only 10 days for LEGOCON, and I guess they saved the three best sets for it: AT-TE, Justifier and the 4+ AT-ST!

And let's be clear. All three will leak before they are officially revealed, which will prompt lots of griping that LEGOCON didn't include any meaningful reveals. 

2 hours ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

and the 4+ AT-ST!

Umm.

Edited by jdubbs

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Nah no rumor, I just saw Falconfan’s story about how some people are suggesting that should have been the $50 set. I would hate it so much. I want a properly scaled Jango Slave I if we ever get one. I’d much rather have this lackluster duel build with the great figures than another scaled down abomination 

I got a large amounts of dms saying a jangos slave one would much better then the duel 

don't get the red eyes thing for Vader. They never looked red unless there was red light being shone at them (i.e. mustafar lava in R1)

2 minutes ago, AIex said:

don't get the red eyes thing for Vader. They never looked red unless there was red light being shone at them (i.e. mustafar lava in R1)

They were red in ANH, to the point that the red lights in his cockpit cancelled them out and you see Dave Prowse’s eyes.