MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

1 minute ago, Graupensuppe said:

Well, it's actually 80€.

Even more ridiculous.

BD-1 looks pretty nice, and I'm glad to see that the BD-1 Minifigure has the red print, in the blurry image it almost looked like it didn't. Probably a pass for me though since I mostly go for minifigure scale sets.

Omega looks great! I wasn't quite expecting that hair piece, but I think it works! The arm bring is great!

I love the Andor set! The speeder is pretty neat, but I really love the ship, it's pretty bulky but I quite like it. It looks like a great troop transport, only shame that it doesn't come with a lot of troops to put in it. Kinda hard to make a judgement on the figures. Cassian looks great, and they did a great job capturing Stellan Skarsgard, but it's hard to tell how much I want those figures without knowing much about the characters from the show.

80€? What the hell?

Definitely skipping it then. I love this set, and Andor is my top 3 most anticipated Star Wars projects, but come on, that's a horrendous price.

Well, that Andor set is really well designed which would normally be a great thing for me but God that ship is ugly lol. BD-1 looks phenomenal as does the Scythe. Interesting mix of sets. Regardless of how it looks though I'm really glad we're getting sets from shows.

@R0Sch I removed some of your pics. Then realized some where official so I put the Andor one back. Haven't seen the sandcastle Vader one on official channels yet so I'm leaving that snipped.

To everyone: please be careful about posting pictures. If Lego hasn't sanctioned their release that could get us in hot water with TLG.

BD-1 looks good I think, I don't really care about the droid models or the game though so I am probably not the best person to comment on it anyway. The Andor ship looks pretty nice, but as others have said, it's way too small. I genuinely do not understand how that thing is just under 700 pieces, if you told me it was 500 I'd believe you. I guess the speeder bumps it up, but the set just doesn't look like it should be $70.

48 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

@R0Sch I removed some of your pics. Then realized some where official so I put the Andor one back. Haven't seen the sandcastle Vader one on official channels yet so I'm leaving that snipped.

To everyone: please be careful about posting pictures. If Lego hasn't sanctioned their release that could get us in hot water with TLG.

All of my pics are snippets from the SWC LEGO panel that can be seen online, otherwise I wouldn't post them here. I know the rules on leaks.
Anyway, I'll just post the video link (start at 1h:02m for Andor set) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqcv2RJ83nE

Edited by R0Sch

29 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

All of my pics are snippets from the SWC LEGO panel that can be seen online, otherwise I wouldn't post them here. I know the rules on leaks.

There were also no restrictions on photography at the panel itself, which there have been at other reveals at Celebration, so anything from there ought to be kosher. 

I normally like gunships/transport ships, but this new set from Andor looks like a chibi version of a LAAT. I just hope that the set will be decent representation of the ship in universe.

I really hope that BD-1 wasn't the only thing they have anned for the Star Wars Jedi series.

I desperately need a Cal Kestis minifigure. 

Even though it's a mono colour vehicle, I like the Scythe, mostly because of the angles; this new Andor set looks like a bit of a light bley box with wings, plus being a lot less desirable in price. Not the fault of the Lego designers (the shape, not the price) as it looks like a decent recreation of the ship from the trailer, just didn't look like the most interesting ship design. Hopefully the included speeder has an important context in the show, or it'll be like the Bad Batch shuttle with side build included seemingly to bump up the piece count.

On the plus side, it does contain a number of 4x2 pointed wedge plates which aren't cheap on Bricklink, at least where I am. Hopefully this will bring the price down a bit.

I really like the Andor set, I just wish it had a couple more figures to better fill out the dropship but otherwise I quite like it. A bit pricey though. Omega looks great, looking forward to seeing the Justifier set she comes in.

Edited by ToaDraco

679 pieces for the Andor set is solid. $70-$80 is actually pretty in line with other star wars sets in that piece range. (Kylo Ren's TIE Fighter, Resistance Troop Transport, Vader's TIE Advanced vs. A-wing Starfighter etc.)

But I can't imagine where all those pieces are going! It looks tiny so it must have some pretty complex interior and technical framework. I actually like set quite a bit, I'll be curious to see what role it will play on the show.

The Andor Tac-Pod looks nice! It'll be a good addition to my Imperial army. I wonder if Syril Karn is Imperial, and the other guys in that outfit from the trailer are too, or if they just stole one of the Tac-Pod shuttles or something like that. That is, if it's Imperial at all! Very interesting set.

I also think the thing that makes it look so small is the fact that it looks smaller than the buildings in the background. I can imagine it being about the size of the Bad Batch shuttle, but shorter in length and height with more bulk around the centre.

Edited by AD_Bricks

5 hours ago, icm said:

I wish the speeder bike was sold separately, it's really nice.  The spaceship, well, it just doesn't press my spaceship buttons at all.

Ironically, I feel the opposite way. The speeder bike looks blocky and oversized to me, while the spaceship has excellent shaping. It looks smaller than I think it actually is, which is weird, but I given the parts used I think it's sizable, too. 
That said, unless it's some sort of Tardis, it's not worth $80. Hopefully I can find a build-only copy on bricklink for cheap. Don't care about the figures at all, already have a Cassian.

5 hours ago, The Stud said:

I also really like that Advent Calendar Vader. The irony of Vader/Anakin building a sand castle is not lost on me. I wouldn’t be mad about all the advent calendars being based on whatever that year’s Lego Star Wars Disney+ special is.

Yeah, I like the idea of mixing up what they're based on, though it's a little weird to keep them all releasing in december if they do that. I would have liked a terrifying tales one to get the skeleton troopers or Vanee.

5 hours ago, TBD said:

Definitely not buying that Andor set for €70.

Also a trailer just came out for a new Cal Kestis game called Jedi Survivor releasing in 2023. With the BD-1 we are getting, who knows… ?

The shuttle's really messing with me. Given how many figures it's supposed to hold and the pieces used, I logically should see it as being pretty big, but the shaping or positioning on the box or something makes it look like a $40 set. The figure count doesn't help either, jeez, you'd hope they'd at least give you a figure or two for the dropship to, you know, drop from the ship.

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I desperately need a Cal Kestis minifigure. 

You have no idea, man. Cal is in my top 3 favorite star wars characters, that game is one of my favorite video games (I don't play a ton but still), hell, everyone says I look just like him. I would sell my soul for a Cal Kestis minifigure.

The Tac-Pod is alright. Kind of looks like a chibi Republic Gunship but the all grey color scheme does make the set look pretty bland. Wasn't expecting Cassian to have Mando's new skin tone but I'm glad to see its already being used on other characters. I wouldn't mind if Fennec also changes over to it in Cad Bane's Ship.

The BD-1 set is fantastic and going to be a Day 1 purchase for me! Hopefully we see more Fallen Order sets in the near future. Would be great to get the rest of the main characters from the game. Omega's minifigure also looks great. I'm really appreciating that arm printing is now becoming more common on figures in the SW line.

Is it just me or will this August wave have a lot more large sets than the last few years? It'll be challenge to put enough money aside for all these, they're all so good!

1 hour ago, wesker said:

The BD-1 set is fantastic and going to be a Day 1 purchase for me! Hopefully we see more Fallen Order sets in the near future. Would be great to get the rest of the main characters from the game.

I already pre-ordered it. That game has given me an emotional attachment to BD-1 and I want to have him. I honestly might buy a Cal outfit and put him on my shoulder.

I REALLY hope we get more Jedi sets, whether they're for Survivor or just tie-ins to Fallen Order.

37 minutes ago, AD_Bricks said:

Is it just me or will this August wave have a lot more large sets than the last few years? It'll be challenge to put enough money aside for all these, they're all so good!

I'm not sure that it's many larger sets, but it's less mid-range and small sets. We have, what, 3 system sets this wave under $99.99? $30 delta-7, $50 duel, $70 andor. And then BD-1 and the scythe at $100, AT-TE at $140, and Cad Bane's ship at $160. That's 7 sets total. In 2021 we had 8 sets in the summer wave, but that doesn't count the probe droid statue, which was part of the spring wave. This year, the statue is coming out in the summer. In 2020, we had TEN sets in the summer. Feels like we're leaking sets, and I can't help but hope that there's a retail exclusive surprise or two. This would be the year for an Amazon one, with vader's castle in 2018 and the Razor crest in 2020.

19 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'm not sure that it's many larger sets, but it's less mid-range and small sets. We have, what, 3 system sets this wave under $99.99? $30 delta-7, $50 duel, $70 andor. And then BD-1 and the scythe at $100, AT-TE at $140, and Cad Bane's ship at $160. That's 7 sets total. In 2021 we had 8 sets in the summer wave, but that doesn't count the probe droid statue, which was part of the spring wave. This year, the statue is coming out in the summer. In 2020, we had TEN sets in the summer. Feels like we're leaking sets, and I can't help but hope that there's a retail exclusive surprise or two. This would be the year for an Amazon one, with vader's castle in 2018 and the Razor crest in 2020.

Yeah, I see what you mean. Last year, though, (this is in AUD) there was a $250 set, a $150 set, a $90 set, and some smaller ones, but this year there's a $250, a $200, a $160, a $120, and fewer smaller ones.

Edit: Plus another $160 set, the BD-1.

Edited by AD_Bricks

What's your thoughts on the Andor set? I think it is a bit expensive but it looks really cool. I love the minifgures and I can see that Lego is progressing into a more smooth style for ships.

3 minutes ago, BrickCaster said:

What's your thoughts on the Andor set? I think it is a bit expensive but it looks really cool. I love the minifgures and I can see that Lego is progressing into a more smooth style for ships.

The build looks fantastic, minifigures are great, but the price is unacceptable. 80€ doesn't feel worth it at all. It looks like a 50€ set.

4 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The build looks fantastic, minifigures are great, but the price is unacceptable. 80€ doesn't feel worth it at all. It looks like a 50€ set.

I agree.

6 hours ago, BrickCaster said:

I agree with the smoothness thing, it really does look quite good on that front. Aside from the obvious problem of price though, I do wish the colors were a little more interesting. For me most Star Wars ships differentiate themselves based on a unique shape and/or a good color scheme. This one has neither in my opinion, which isn't Lego's fault, but doesn't help sell me on the set.