MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

7 hours ago, Meadius said:

Does anyone have any idea how much Taun We might cost second-hand? I definitely would like to get her, but I don't have any reason to buy the new starfighter. Typically I don't buy minifigures second-hand since I tend to find them to be too expensive, but I imagine Taun We wouldn't cost too much since the set is only $30.

I'd say Beskar Mando is a similar situation, right? desirable figure, $30 set. Difference being he was more likely to show up in future sets, but also a figure more people wanted... I'd say it's roughly similar. I'd guess around $10, although instead of Beskar Mando, which has been going down in price (I'd expect it to hit $5 within a few years so long as he keeps showing up), the kaminoan will go up the second the delta retires and climb higher and higher until another one releases.

1 hour ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

like the tenth Delta-7 to be released.

Actually, it's the third system scale for Obi-wans (granted there's also been like 5 others between the various other jedi, which is probably what you meant, but IIRC Obi-wan's is the only one to have the communications dish shown so I don't see why they'd put them in the other ones), and out of those other two models, 1 was in 2002 and the other came in a $100+ set, which is kind of crazy to me. I'm not a huge fan of the look, but I might pick it up for no other reason than I don't know when we'll see it again.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

New sets :moar:

Not sure if Vader brickheadz is an improvement or not, but glad one is available again for those who don’t have the old one. Kenobi looks alright. Might pick this one up, haven’t decided yet.

Starfighter isn’t the best, but it’s better than the last Anakin Delta 7 so it gets a pass from me. I agree it looks more like a Delta 7B, but I am a fan of the way LEGO has designed it so I don’t mind.  Taun-We is exactly what I was expecting, and I must also admit that the fake minidoll was too good and this is underwhelming by comparison. 

The Sytche, the Sytche. Will be buying this one for sure even if I’ve begun to dislike this design… I’m guessing this is rehashing an old argument but if krennics shuttle was the derivative of the lambda then this one is the double derivative. I’m normally supportive of sticking with the theme but maybe this was a step too far? Whatever… that’s not on LEGO, the set is just fine. Maybe even the most well designed shuttle as of late, will need to wait to have it in hand to confirm but it looks solid. All the functions you need, plenty of space inside, 4 excellent exclusive figures (RIP everyone who shelled out for the Rebels figures). Definitely a fan of the set, but I’m not so keen on it when I compare it to the Bad Batch shuttle or Boba Fett’s palace. 

The comparison is interesting. For the same price point you could chose: A small shuttle with 2 speeders and 6 figures, 4 exclusive; A good sized play set with 7 figures, 5 exclusive OR A big shuttle with 4 figures, all exclusive. I’m keen to see what else they can do at this price point. Value for money isn’t the best at $160 AUD but lately that money will get you consistently good sets that have a lot to offer. 

12 hours ago, Graupensuppe said:

Wasn't the Jedi Starfighter 29,99€ when it first appeared in the shop earlier today? It's 34,99 now...

It’s (still) €29,99 in the Dutch Lego webstore at the moment I type this.

35 minutes ago, TBD said:

It’s (still) €29,99 in the Dutch Lego webstore at the moment I type this.

Same here, though I did see a screenshot of the Dutch S@H with the 34,99 price tag, earlier. Odd...

Regards,
Mitch

7 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'd say Beskar Mando is a similar situation, right? desirable figure, $30 set. Difference being he was more likely to show up in future sets, but also a figure more people wanted... I'd say it's roughly similar. I'd guess around $10, although instead of Beskar Mando, which has been going down in price (I'd expect it to hit $5 within a few years so long as he keeps showing up), the kaminoan will go up the second the delta retires and climb higher and higher until another one releases.

My initial thought is that they would want to release multiple sets with Kaminoans. I assume that the mould is unique to this figure so they'll want to get some use from it. Might be wrong, of course!

17 hours ago, Graupensuppe said:

Wasn't the Jedi Starfighter 29,99€ when it first appeared in the shop earlier today? It's 34,99 now...

It was £25 yesterday and £30 today on the Lego UK shop.

Smyth's still have it listed as £25. 

Apparently the minifigures on the box of The Scythe won't be included in the other set. Vader won't have red eyes.

That's kinda disappointing...

3 hours ago, Csaba said:

My initial thought is that they would want to release multiple sets with Kaminoans. I assume that the mould is unique to this figure so they'll want to get some use from it. Might be wrong, of course!

It'd have to be Taun we, though. (Maybe Nala se, too, but I think it'd be difficult to print her headband thing on that mold) The mold lacks a stud connection on the top, which tells us they have no plans of re-using the mold for kaminoans like Lama Su. 

Also, Lego Star Wars does unique molds all the time. We haven't seen another set with the molds created for Boolio, Kaz Xiono, Ushar, Vonreg, Garindan, Jannah, Cardo, Kuruk, Vicrul, Labria, Ponda Baba, Fennec, Tech, new Bib, or the Quarren, just to name the last few years. And sure, we'll probably see Fennec and Tech's helmets again soon, but there are a LOT of one-off molds they do for this theme, and alien heads are the primary molds to be one-offs. Unless Nala Se becomes one of the main characters of TBB season 2, I don't think we'll be seeing kaminoans again anytime soon in lego.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Apparently the minifigures on the box of The Scythe won't be included in the other set. Vader won't have red eyes.

That is unfortunate. A red-eyed vader has been one of my most-wanted figures for awhile. That said, do we know if he has red eyes in kenobi? They seem to be heavily correlating this show with ROTS and he doesn't have red eyes there, right?

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Oh well. If that’s true, given that Promobricks also said the build isn’t that good, I may just skip that set and buy the Kenobi figure separately if it’s any good. Vader probably won’t be better than the 2020 figure. 

16 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It'd have to be Taun we, though. (Maybe Nala se, too, but I think it'd be difficult to print her headband thing on that mold) The mold lacks a stud connection on the top, which tells us they have no plans of re-using the mold for kaminoans like Lama Su.

The mold could be re-used for generic AotC Kaminoan B and Yarael Poof.

45 minutes ago, NeutralNoodle said:

Oh well. If that’s true, given that Promobricks also said the build isn’t that good, I may just skip that set and buy the Kenobi figure separately if it’s any good. Vader probably won’t be better than the 2020 figure. 

Probably a repeat then.

46 minutes ago, Graupensuppe said:

The mold could be re-used for generic AotC Kaminoan B and Yarael Poof.

No offense, but I highly doubt lego is bursting at the seams to make AotC kaminoan B, much less that they're planning on any sets including AotC kaminoan B but not Lama Su. As for Yarel Poof, aside from that he's most well known for a robot chicken skit and would probably only ever appear in a Jedi Temple MBS, the head shape is different enough that were they to ever do a jedi temple MBS and include him, they'd likely make a new mold.

TLDR: I'm 99.9% sure that we won't see this mold used for Yareal Poof or "AotC Kaminoan B"

17 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Probably a repeat then.

I'd hope he's got an updated version of this part since that's what he's supposed to look like in Kenobi, right?

A fig "leaked" with the red eyes, it's just the vader from the imperial shuttle but with red lenses. It's definately fake (look, I can make that "leak" with some acrylic paint), but given that some lego "influencers" are reposting it, like that republic studs guy, I thought I'd mention it.

Both new Obi-Wan sets are amazing! Jedi starfighters build is ok, but Kaminoan minifig is great, must buy just for it alone.

Scythe looks great as well, kinda like Krennics shuttle without a fin. And it has a lot of interior space, rare thing for sets of this size. Minifig wise, Obi-Wan here looks a bit plain, but inquisitors steal the show. Grand Inquisitor looks good, but not as good as 2015 version(red-eyes now instead of yellow "dark side eyes"), Fith brother looks great, hope he has second expression though as one that was shown is rather plain. Third Sister is rather plain looking though, especially with no leg print and inaccurate hairpiece. But overall Schythe looks great for 100$!

Good choice of characters. Andor, Stellan Skarsgård's character, and a rather prominent antagonist.

Can't wait to see that set. Definitely my most anticipated Star Wars project.

Andor looks great. I can’t wait to see what the set and figures look like. Hopefully we get more sets next year with Mon Mothma and some Imperial stuff. 

Which is the ship and antagonist referred to? Please forgive me...also, is it the gunship-esque looking imperial ship? I like the P2 shiny clones, maybe we can get them again...

Edited by McMurder_them_softly

I reckon for sure that the ship in the Andor set is the gunship thing and the Tobias Beckett looking guy is for sure Luthen, And I'm pretty sure the Bespin guard looking person with the blue clothes and cap has gotta be one of the people at 0:50 in the trailer.

Woah, BD-1 looks epic! I won’t be getting it cuz I haven’t played fallen order and I have higher priorities in the other sets, but wow!

Oh, it's beautiful. He looks just as good as I ever could have imagined. Even if I don't buy anything else this summer, I'll be buying this. I'm definately biased, as this is like the only time I'd ever get a statue, and this is one of my favorite characters, but it's awesome. Day 1 buy. A wake-up-at-6-to-buy-the-set purchase.

And the fact that it's got the fallen order logo on the box... maybe there'll be more fallen order sets in the future. there's a chance... there's a chance.

BD-1 looks stunning. What a fantastic set.

I hope this opens the doors for more Jedi video games, especially with the second installment coming early next year.