MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Two great sets, indeed!

Minifigs are highlights in both sets. Kaminoan looks good, as well as the Obi-Wan with brown legs. These new stud shooters are still inferior to the old ones, though.  And I agree the white circles are weird.

Oof that Taun We looks cool. Obi as well, but i want a Kaminoan fig since the movies. 

Maybe it's because the fake minidoll version looked so good, but this version of Taun We looks off to me. Too chubby in so many ways. Feels like a let down.

But that Scythe! Wow! Lego Star Wars perfection.

Not super impressed by Obi-wan's Delta-7. I'm still not convinced this set needed a remake. The 2017 was great and still feels pretty fresh. I don't think this new version is significant improvement. 

The Scythe transport on the other hand looks great. Great figures, great model, new material. I'm pretty excited for this ship. 

The angles on the front of that Inquisitor ship are delicious, really good looking build. I hope the AT-TE has the same sort of build quality

38 minutes ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

Is that a new red glass canopy piece for the scythe?

It's the Speed Champions piece they've been using in red.

Wow! So first, the Delta-7 looks like a nice improvement minus the awful new stud shooters. Tan Wei looks amazing, it's so nice to finally get a Kaminoan. I'm glad this Obi-Wan comes with his hood and cloak print and I like that the radar dish comes with it too. I can't tell from the pictures but I wonder if R4 has back printing like the new R2's have.

The Scythe, just wow! Incredible build, impressive design and to s of space in the interior and a nice cockpit section--- and tbe minifigs! All 4 figures look incredible and are absolute must-haves! Now I don't feel so bad about missing out on the Inquisitors from the Rebels sets, the new ones look so good and I love this design for Obi-Wan with the new hair piece and the poncho with blue outfit, this set has flown(heh) to the top of my list!

The Scythe looks awesome. Great ship build, plus all the main figures in one set. Lego is spoiling us.

I was interested in getting this at some point after the AT-TE but this might take precedence. 

Wow, this stuff is great! I’m so excited for both of these. The interior space on the Scythe is amazing, I love both the new Obi-Wan figs, and the inquisitors are also super cool! Both of these sets are perfection imo, even if R4 lacks back printing (I still hope she has it though).

The Inquisitor Transport is amazing, really really big and menacing. After the Rogue One sets finally something new worth of the Empire and fitting the original SW trilogy.

I hope the Obi Wan series will be just as great and we will see more brilliant sets in the following wave.

The starfighter unfortunately looks again bad with the higher cockpit...

The Inquisitor Transport is just amazing! The build looks fantastic and the interior is one of the best we've gotten with plenty of ample space. The Inquisitor redesigns are also great and look much more menacing compared to their Rebels counterparts. Hopefully we see more of them released over the next year to fill the ship out. Would be nice to get the Fourth Sister in another Kenobi set or Second Sister in a Fallen Order one.

The Jedi Starfighter looks pretty good too. The cockpit still sits a bit too high but the build of it looks better integrated with the rest of the ship compared to the 2017 model. Taun We turned out great and was well worth the wait for a Kaminoan minifigure.

That Inquisitor ship is great. Build looks really clean and it looks really big compared to the other $100 sets we've been getting recently. Big fan of the design and the figures it comes with, angles look very good, lots of interior space. Definitely a day 1 buy for me

Obi Wan Starfighter is a bit better than I expected, but ultimately I'm probably gonna get it just for the Kaminoan. Kinda wish the front of it was a bit more narrow honestly. The back of it seems shaped better than the 2017 one and I'm definitely a big fan of that.

Can't wait to see the rest of them. Justifier has me interested and I'm hoping the AT-TE is better than I'm expecting. I'm not a big fan of the 2013 version and so far it's just sounding like the same thing but for $140 and better figures. Official pictures of phase II Cody will be nice to see too. Hoping they get leaked in the catalogue 

Love both of these sets! :wub: The inquisitors all look amazing too! Didn't expect them to receive completely new armour pieces! *huh*

Inquisitor ship looks really well built for $100 the angles are captured really well. interior looks spacious and fits all 3 figs well and it looks pretty big from the Hd photos.Not going to lie though I think I would’ve loved the fourth sister instead of fifth brother she looks really cool.

5 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

I despise the idea of this show or at least the action approach and shoving in so many things from Rebels (a show I loved). But it gives us lots of nice things!

Just out of curiosity, why? The show looks pretty cool and I think it’s great to see so many characters making the jump from animation to live-action, even if I have mixed feelings about how the GI and Fifth Brother look.

Anyway, I think both these sets look great. They’re two of the sets I was already planning to get on August 1st funnily enough, so it’s great to see them early. (I assume that these were supposed to be revealed as part of their weekly Kenobi merchandise reveals or at Celebration on Friday.)

Though it doesn’t look quite as sleek as I’d prefer, the Jedi Starfighter looks decently better than the one that came with the Hyperdrive Ring in 2017. I actually have that set but since I have that one connected to the ring, I don’t feel too bad getting this small set to display on its own. The figure selection here helps make that decision; it’s great! I love the updated AOTC Obi-Wan with the robes and especially because he doesn’t have the headset on both face prints. Including an extra hood piece is a really nice touch as well. While there are better hair pieces out there, I’m kind of okay with Lego continuing to use this one for this version of Kenobi. Taun We looks fantastic as well, it makes me bummed that we’re not getting Nala Se or Lama Su figures this year. Even R4 looks slightly updated from the last two sets I got him in.

The Inquisitor Scythe ship looks absolutely fantastic. I love the design, with it looking like if Krennic and Kylo Ren’s respective shuttles had a baby. It looks like a decent size too, especially on the box art, so it seems like a pretty reasonable set for $100 in all honesty. The figures are pretty awesome as well. Ben Kenobi looks pretty sweet here with the new hairpiece, he honestly kinda looks like Cal Kestis. The Grand Inquisitor and Fifth Brother look fantastic here, which is kinda ironic given the mixed reactions their live-action looks have garnered. Really my only disappointment with either of these sets is the Reva minifigure. She seems to be pretty prominent in the series, but didn’t get leg printing like her companions, and that is a terrible hairpiece for her. The Fennec Shand hairpiece (which is ironically a bad hairpiece for Fennec Shand) would work much better here. Otherwise, this is a great set!

Also, I’ve said this before but I really like the new box art style for Lego Star Wars this year. I especially love how they’re doing different characters in the corners of the boxes for the different subthemes. (Vader for the saga films, a 332nd Trooper for TCW sets, Mando and Grogu for The Mandalorian sets, Boba and Fennec for TBOBF sets, and now Kenobi and Vader for the Obi-Wan Kenobi sets.) I don’t like that new, obnoxious 7/9+ circle for these sets though.

So far, the summer wave for Lego Star Wars is looking great!

Edited by The Stud

54 minutes ago, Displayedaction said:

Inquisitor ship looks really well built for $100 the angles are captured really well. interior looks spacious and fits all 3 figs well and it looks pretty big from the Hd photos.Not going to lie though I think I would’ve loved the fourth sister instead of fifth brother she looks really cool.

Didn't know the interior leaked until reading this. It looks great! Seems like you can fit 7-9 figs in there! 

Honestly, I'd prefer 4th and 5th to 3rd. Her design just isn't that interesting (human, not much armor, no helmet... I think she's the only no helmet inquisitor? Maybe the two rogues from the vader comics didn't either.) I do get why she's the fig over 4th sister though, seems she's a much bigger role than the others.

6 minutes ago, The Stud said:

Just out of curiosity, why? The show looks pretty cool and I think it’s great to see so many characters making the jump from animation to live-action, even if I have mixed feelings about how the GI and Fifth Brother look.

A lot of people, myself included, are worried that it's just repeating the hits at the expense of character plotlines. There's ambiguity over whether Vader and Obi-wan met/should meet between episodes 3 and 4, and if you've read the "leaks" that may or may not be true:

Spoiler

Reva will HOLD A LIGHTSABER TO LUKE'S THROAT in front of Obi-Wan, which pretty heavily destroys the notion that Luke doesn't know about the jedi/sith that's clearly shown in ANH.

Also Reva's arc just seems to be a weaker version of Trilla's arc from fallen order.

That said, I'm trying to remain optimistic about this show. If nothing else, it has a great lego set.

16 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Didn't know the interior leaked until reading this. It looks great! Seems like you can fit 7-9 figs in there! 

Honestly, I'd prefer 4th and 5th to 3rd. Her design just isn't that interesting (human, not much armor, no helmet... I think she's the only no helmet inquisitor? Maybe the two rogues from the vader comics didn't either.) I do get why she's the fig over 4th sister though, seems she's a much bigger role than the others.

A lot of people, myself included, are worried that it's just repeating the hits at the expense of character plotlines. There's ambiguity over whether Vader and Obi-wan met/should meet between episodes 3 and 4, and if you've read the "leaks" that may or may not be true:

Hide contents

Reva will HOLD A LIGHTSABER TO LUKE'S THROAT in front of Obi-Wan, which pretty heavily destroys the notion that Luke doesn't know about the jedi/sith that's clearly shown in ANH.

Also Reva's arc just seems to be a weaker version of Trilla's arc from fallen order.

That said, I'm trying to remain optimistic about this show. If nothing else, it has a great lego set.

I reread those Vader comics recently and I believe that both the unidentified Inquisitors had helmets/facial apparatuses of some kind. I think there’s going to be a special reason why Reva doesn’t wear one. And I agree with you about the Fourth Sister. I’d like to have all the Inquisitors in Lego form someday. Maybe she’ll come in a set next year, hopefully with some Purge Troopers?

And yeah, I read those leaks. That part kinda concerns me, but otherwise, I like just about everything else we’ve seen, read and heard about the show. I  initially had my concerns about Kenobi and Vader crossing paths again but I’ve since been sold on that idea. It’s a good way to show us how Obi-Wan gets over his guilt and grief over Anakin in order to transition into the calm Alec Guinness version we meet in ANH, and this can also recontextualize the “Obi-Wan once thought as you do” line from ROTJ.

Also, I can’t believe I didn’t notice that the Vader on the boxart is new as other people pointed out! It was one of my predictions for this wave so I’m glad to see that pan out. I’ve been wanting a new Rogue One/ANH styled Vader ever since the one from that one Rebels A-Wing/TIE Advanced set, but this one actually has the reddish eyes. That’s awesome.

Edited by The Stud

The Inquisitor ships looks so cool and badass. I really like it! Also good minifigs :thumbup::thumbup:

Taun We on the other hand looks just so strange and rather short :thumbdown:

Honestly liking these sets a lot. I've been excited to see 75333 for a while, as I didn't get the 2017 one, and I love the Delta 7 ships. 75336 is just gorgeous as well. They got all the shaping right, and the figure selection is quite nice. Interior is a bit sparse, but I'm glad it has an interior. 

I also have negative interest in the actual Obi-Wan show, but the Inquisitor set looks ace. I'm still kicking myself for not picking up the Krennic Shuttle (from a film I really liked to boot).

The Starfighter also looks fine for what it is - there's something about the flat old Deltas with the old cockpit that just look more right than the newer ones, even if the newer ones are much more stable and more enjoyable builds. The grand tradition of throwing a desirable character in with a semi-related starfighter lives on, though in this instance the Obi-Wan is very good as well. A pity LEGO will never concede that his hair isn't orange.

count me in the "hates the concept of this show but loves the set" boat. Honestly one of the best looking, smoothest SW sets to come out in a long time.

4 hours ago, The Stud said:

I reread those Vader comics recently and I believe that both the unidentified Inquisitors had helmets/facial apparatuses of some kind. I think there’s going to be a special reason why Reva doesn’t wear one. And I agree with you about the Fourth Sister. I’d like to have all the Inquisitors in Lego form someday. Maybe she’ll come in a set next year, hopefully with some Purge Troopers?

And yeah, I read those leaks. That part kinda concerns me, but otherwise, I like just about everything else we’ve seen, read and heard about the show. I  initially had my concerns about Kenobi and Vader crossing paths again but I’ve since been sold on that idea. It’s a good way to show us how Obi-Wan gets over his guilt and grief over Anakin in order to transition into the calm Alec Guinness version we meet in ANH, and this can also recontextualize the “Obi-Wan once thought as you do” line from ROTJ.

I hope there's a special reason, though I'm worried the reason is going to be similar to why the grand inquisitor looks substantially more like Rupert Friend than a Pau'un.  Fourth sister in lego form would be awesome, and between this and FO2, purge troopers have GOT to be coming, right? 

For the show overall, I guess I kind of agree. Aside from the end, which I think there's no way for that to turn out well based on those leaks, I think a lot of it could be cool if executed correctly.

1 hour ago, Clone OPatra said:

I also have negative interest in the actual Obi-Wan show, but the Inquisitor set looks ace. I'm still kicking myself for not picking up the Krennic Shuttle (from a film I really liked to boot).

The Starfighter also looks fine for what it is - there's something about the flat old Deltas with the old cockpit that just look more right than the newer ones, even if the newer ones are much more stable and more enjoyable builds. The grand tradition of throwing a desirable character in with a semi-related starfighter lives on, though in this instance the Obi-Wan is very good as well. A pity LEGO will never concede that his hair isn't orange.

Oh, I can do you one better there. I bought the krennic shuttle...parted it out....lost the canopy....and somehow am missing krennic's head. At least I have the death troopers and K-2SO.

I'm glad they put a kaminoan in the set, what else would you want it to be in? A $30 set that hasn't been released since 2017, and not at a sub-$100 price point since 2002, isn't bad IMO.

As for the orange hair thing...I dunno. On the one hand, it's lego, and I don't need photo accuracy. On the other hand...it is pretty orange. For a character like Cal, where he's got reddish hair, I think the orange is is fine, but for obi-wan, I think you may be right. Especially for the kenobi sets, like seriously, his hair is "nougat" at that point.

Oh, and the brickheadz. Love vader's, but kenobi's looks really off. I think it's the beard. If they're available separately, I'll get vader. If not, I'll skip both. 

Edited by Mandalorianknight