MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

1 minute ago, NeutralNoodle said:

Inquisitor ship just leaked holy shit

Thing of beauty... love the shape. Minfigs look good from what I can tell.

Both leaked sets (Inquisitor ship & Kenobi starfighter) look really good, I'll definitely buy them asapĀ 

On a related note - I really hope that the white circle with age and piece count is not a part of the new box art, It takes away from the otherwise very cool box art and SW box template

Okay, that's quite cool as well. I'm unsure I'll get it, but the Inquisitor's shuttle is a pretty solid build as well. Do you think these were what was planned to be revealed at Star Wars Celebration?

Also, I may be jumping the gun, but based off of these first two sets, the build quality is a vast improvement from last year. They aren't quite the same, but the shuttle blows the Havoc Marauder and Gideon's cruiser completely out of the water.Ā 

Edited by Brickroll

43 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

Also, I may be jumping the gun, but based off of these first two sets, the build quality is a vast improvement from last year. They aren't quite the same, but the shuttle blows the Havoc Marauder and Gideon's cruiser completely out of the water.Ā 

Agreed it looks as good as the second kylo renĀ shuttle which I think was one of the better recent non ucs sets.

Ah, the leaks are happening...
I kinda feel bad for LEGO 'cause they'll have less to impress people with at, at least, LEGO Con.

Having said that, the starfighter looks great :wub:Ā 
From what I can see, Ob-Wan looks exactly the same as his LSTSS version. It's also nice to have R4 and Taun We looks excellent as well :sweet:Ā 

1 hour ago, Graupensuppe said:

And wasn't there supposed to be a new hair piece for Obi-Wan? At the very least they could have used this one in dark orange. The Dastan / Snape hair is far from accurate.

I'm still using the hairpiece from the very first AotC Obi-Wan minifigures for AotC Obi-WanĀ :innocent2:

Regards,
Mitch

Regarding the leaks, the star fighter looks perfect to me and has that older Lego Star Wars design look to it,Ā the kaminoan mold also looks likeĀ it was executed perfectly. I also enjoy the look of the inquisitors shipĀ itā€™s very reminiscent of Krennicā€™s imperial shuttle and Iā€™m sure in universe theyā€™re apart of the same ship class or something. Seeing the Obi Wan fig duel the inquisitors in glorious low resolution is getting me hyped for the show!

Somehow somebody got a closeup of the Grand Inquisitor on the box and he looks really good, it looks like his armor piece might be a new mold. LEGO definitely went with quality over quantity for the minifigs in this set

edit: closeups of Fifth Brother and the other Kenobi fig are up too

Edited by NeutralNoodle

1 minute ago, SillySeeker said:

I also enjoy the look of the inquisitors shipĀ itā€™s very reminiscent of Krennicā€™s imperial shuttle and Iā€™m sure in universe theyā€™re apart of the same ship class or something.ļ»æ

My guess it's a predecessor of the Sentinel-class landing craft, much like the Delta-class was a predecessor of the Lambda-class shuttle. Looks like a pretty good set, and I'm glad I didn't bother getting the Rebels Inquisitor minifigs as both of them are in this set with updated designs.

Excited for these new sets, they look amazing. Good to see a new Episode 2 set again.

Ā 

The new Obi Wan hairpiece looks great, pretty accurate to his Kenobi show appearance. What is going on with Reva though? Looks like she has a mohawk-ish type hairpiece? Surely the Fennec ShandĀ hairpiece would have suited her better, hard to tell with the blurry pic, either way it's exciting to get a set with 3 inquisitors and a Jedi in it, all with sabers.

Complete twist on what I thought they would be. Delta-7 really doesn't look good IMO, I think i'll pass on it even if there's an excellent Kenobi and Kaminoan in it.

But that shuttle....:drool:. That thing is BEAUTIFUL. Excellent shaping, and it looks pretty big and detailed for the price compared to similar sets. Figures are great too, I love that Kenobi, wonder if he has new hair. Fifth brother seems to be using a single mold for the armor/head/helmet with the face printed on, which isn't ideal, but it's a very minor nitpick. It looks like the old inquisitor lightsaber mold is returning, but this is a slightly new armor piece. Grand inquisitor looks great too, though it's a little weird his eyes are plain red when he has yellow eyes in rebels and rupert friend's eyes in kenobi. Again though, that's a super minor nitpick (especially since I have the rebels one from 2015 and can just replace the head)Ā :devil:. Reva is fine, looks like she uses the thinner mandalorian cape, which I've been hoping they'd put in more sets. I think Dooku would benefit from that cape in dark brown if we ever get another one of him.Ā 

I think whether or not I pick up the shuttle depends on how much I like kenobi. It's an amazing set, but I really do not have the money this summer, and if I get any set, it's gonna be BD-1.

The starfighter looks decent, the cockpit looks too high but overall it's still good. The minifigures are great, especially Taun We, but I already have the Hyperdrive version so I'm going to be skipping this one. The Inquisitors' ship looks great, honestly way better than I was expecting. The minifigures look good too from what I can see, so I may end up getting it if I can manage to afford it (unfortunately it's not super high on my priority list). Hopefully the other upcoming sets look as good as these ones do, especially the shuttle.

Wow these look Great

The build looks alright to me, but that Obi Wan looks great, and Taun We looks awesome! The head mold looks pretty undetailed, so It make me hope that further Kaminoans may also be in our future. Ill be very curious if R4 has backprinting and that's the new standard for Astromechs or not.

The picture of the Obi Wan figure, that I guess is from the Obi Wan vs Darth Vader set since he doesn't have the blue robes. That hairpiece looks awesome!

The Inquisitor ship, looks so good. The build itself looks great, will be very curious to see the interior. Grand Inquisitor and 5th brother look fantastic! Whether those molds are new or not, they look great! Obi wan is too blurry to have an opinion on and it looks to me like Reva's hairpiece is the Orc/ValkyrieĀ hair which would be a bit disappointing, a new piece would be nice, but even so, I feel like they already have pieces that look a lot closer. Perhaps this is a based on concept art situation.

Overall though, I'm very excited by these!

I wonder if the original Grand Inquisitor minifigure will retain its value following this. If so I honestly wouldn't mind selling him towards the Scythe. The new version of him still looks great even without the helmet and the ship itself is gorgeous, it turned out far better than I expected and looks very polished overall. The starfighter looks good too, though I'mĀ unsure as to why they didn't use the newer wedge plates that can create a sharper tip.Ā 

More images of the Scythe are up. Would you look at all that interior space. Such an incredibly sleek model. But why no Gideon's cape for the Grand Inquisitor though

About these new pics, the ship looks amazing, enough space to fit all 3 inquisitors inside which is good.

Ā 

All the minifigs looks great, plenty new detailed prints and pieces, Obi Wan's new hair looks incredible and suits him so much, such a useful piece for mid length hair.

Ā 

Yeah Reva's hair...... yeah that doesn't look good on her, looks weird on her in my opinion, should have gone with Fennec's hair as a I said or something similar, it just looks like she is half bald or has a mohawk. Nice to see she has a new face print though, but I fear that this means she will only have ONE side of her head printed because you'd see her second expression exposed - or maybe not actually, it might be enough room to cover it, but we have yet to see if she has a second face, either way they all look great overall, hardly any complaints.

Ā 

I don't mind that the inquisitor lightsaber hilts are the old ones, they still hold up and look the part.

Ā 

More pics - the Attack of the Clones Obi Wan figure comes with a brown hood, I love that inclusion and it's accurate to the scene, also I love the fact Lego decided to give him one face with the headset and one face without, I hope they continue with that going forward for Jedi pilot minifigs.

Edited by puttingstickersonisintense

Vader clearly has red eyes and a new torso in the artwork at the bottom left corner of the box, thatā€™s interesting

when will lego realize that Obi-wan's hair doesn't even remotely resemble dark orange?

58 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Fifthļ»æļ»æ brother seems to be using a single mold for theļ»æ arļ»æļ»æmor/head/helmet with the faļ»æce printed on,ļ»æ which isn't ideal, but it's a vļ»æery minor nitpick.ļ»æļ»æ

I donā€™t think so to be honest. In the newer pics he clearly seems to have a helmet piece on top of a normal minifig head.

The new mullet piece on Obi-Wan looks great. I love the Inquisitor ship. A good selection of characters and itĀ looks like itā€™s got a good interior as well. A minor thing but I like that theyā€™ve included a small satellite on the starfighter.

I despise the idea of this show or at least the action approach and shoving in so many things from Rebels (a show I loved). But it gives us lots of nice things!

- Red visor Vader?!

- Like with the current Mace Windu they fixed the leg printing. I don't think it needs dual molded legs - Inquisitors and coat-Kenobi look great like this. The old "old" Ben Kenobi figure with a little dark brown on tan legs was just so horrible..

- Other than the Inquisitor leg printing I prefer the old ones -Ā  however both new and old are among the best SW figures ever released!

- Radar dish, storable droid, extra hood. Even the CGI alien looks quite nice though the minidoll would have been awesome.

Ā 

...and this spaceship offers more space than many sets with a much higher price! Pretty cool!

Ā 

Ā 

Wow, I absolutely love both of those sets.

Obi-Wan and Taun We look great, I love his printed robes. I love the *visible confusion* faceprint. The Starfighter also looks awesome.

The minifigures in the Inquisitors' ship look absolutely incredible. Ben looks fantastic, great hairpiece and cape. Grand Inquisitor is perfect, and so is the Fifth Brother. Why did they use this hairpiece for Reva? I hate, same thing they've done to Valkyrie. It makes them look bald. The ship itself really is perfect.

What's up with the box arts tho? Why do they have those big ugly white circles, and where did the set names go?Ā :jollyroger:

Can't wait to see the second Kenobi set.Ā 

There's a leaked picture (although barely visible) of Obi-Wan in the second set.Ā 

Red-eyed Vader is gonna look so goodĀ :wub_drool:

1 hour ago, Jazzahh said:

I donā€™t think so to be honest. In the newer pics he clearly seems to have a helmet piece on top of a normal minifig head.

You might be right, but look at how high up the "head" is compared to the other figures in the shot of all 4 of them. Might not be a single mold, but something's off there. How much of a connection to the neck would/does it actually have?

Ā 

I really want to get this set now, this is a REALLY good looking ship, and some excellent figures with Kenobi and the Grand Inquisitor.