MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

43 minutes ago, AD_Bricks said:

Well, for starters, about 80% of the show was Vidiyo, which almost no one wanted to see, and then for Star Wars, they only revealed sets that had already been leaked instead of revealing perhaps the Mandalorian forge or the Gunship. IMO, the only good panel was Minecraft.

To be fair, you can't really expect lego to only do big reveals of stuff that was never leaked. Especially since the reveals are put together awhile in advance. Now I don't remember how long those sets had been leaked before the reveal, but considering stuff like the gunship leaked just days before the official unveiling, you can't expect them to get rid of all that just because it leaked online.

Overall, though, totally agree. Even looking at it as something meant for kids, legocon was awful. Connection issues, the focus on the vidiyo, which ended up being one of the biggest failures of lego in recent years, and the weird marketing. If it's meant for kids, you shouldn't market it primarily on social media.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

11 minutes ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

Sweet! Though I think Friday the 27th, no? 

Depends on the Timezone.

31 minutes ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

Sweet! Though I think Friday the 27th, no? 

My mistake, confused the date with another Saturday panel.

I wonder whether or not they'll reveal both kenobi sets. The inquisitor ship seems like a good choice, but since the duel set, I'm gonna assume, doesn't take place in the first two episodes, I wonder whether or not they'll reveal it before the episode the duel is in is released. If they don't reveal that, my guess is they reveal at least either the AT-TE (given the early reveals in the past of the AT-AT and Havoc Marauder) or the delta-7 to loosely tie into kenobi.

56 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I wonder whether or not they'll reveal both kenobi sets. The inquisitor ship seems like a good choice, but since the duel set, I'm gonna assume, doesn't take place in the first two episodes, I wonder whether or not they'll reveal it before the episode the duel is in is released. If they don't reveal that, my guess is they reveal at least either the AT-TE (given the early reveals in the past of the AT-AT and Havoc Marauder) or the delta-7 to loosely tie into kenobi.

Cad Bane's ship would also make sense, given the fact that The Bad Batch is getting its own panel the very next day.

It was widely reported last week that the Obi-Wan and Vader BrickHeadz set would be a Celebration exclusive, but there's been no official word as far as I know and there doesn't seem to be anywhere to enter the lottery to get it. Does anybody here have any information about it? Is it going to be at Celebration, or has it been delayed to another event, or cancelled altogether?

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Cad Bane's ship would also make sense, given the fact that The Bad Batch is getting its own panel the very next day.

True, and the price point is the same as 2020's AT-AT.

8 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I feel like they'll probably reveal both of them. As you said the ship seems like a no-brainer, and while I could see them holding back the duel since it could kinda be a spoiler, the marketing has already been leaning into the fact that they are going to end up fighting. I guess they could just hold it back anyway, but it doesn't seem like the N1 situation where that ship's existence was a surprise.

2 hours ago, Meadius said:

I feel like they'll probably reveal both of them. As you said the ship seems like a no-brainer, and while I could see them holding back the duel since it could kinda be a spoiler, the marketing has already been leaning into the fact that they are going to end up fighting. I guess they could just hold it back anyway, but it doesn't seem like the N1 situation where that ship's existence was a surprise.

Even though the marketing hasn't been secretive about them fighting in general, I think it's likely they might not want our first actual look at the fight to be a Lego set. They might see it as kind of ruining the big moment if we see the setting of the fight in Lego first.

33 minutes ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

Another "teaser" from LEGO about LEGO Con, specifically Star Wars. If leaks hold true, given we are under a month and some reveals coming later this week, then...any day now? 

Maybe, maybe. We know the full wave won't be revealed at celebration, given legoCON, but it'll be at least a few sets. They've done a good job keeping images locked up so far considering some sets will be revealed literally this week, but then again every day closer to the reveal makes it more likely someone will get ahold of the images.

4 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Maybe, maybe. We know the full wave won't be revealed at celebration, given legoCON, but it'll be at least a few sets. They've done a good job keeping images locked up so far considering some sets will be revealed literally this week, but then again every day closer to the reveal makes it more likely someone will get ahold of the images.

True, I know the game. Just getting cautiously excited. 

Looks like the summer sets are leaking! 

The star fighter looks really great and finally a Taun we!!

This set looks like great value for money!

First images of Obi-Wan's starfighter are circulating. It looks great! Taun We looks a little stubby, and I think Obi Wan would benefit from a physical cape versus a printed one, but all in all looks like a great set

Well this is what, about a week earlier than usual? Not bad, although I doubt the rest of the wave leaks today. 

It looks pretty good. The cockpit is still a little high, but I'll probably get this one if I get the chance, I've always wanted this ship (and the last one was a little large). The figures are nice, Taun We looks good as expected, but I'd like to take a moment and say that that Obi Wan is really quite impressive, a solid figure as a whole. 

Edited by Brickroll

As stated above, this set is  pleasant surprise.  Love having a Kaminoan as well, hopefully a couple more come now.

Hopefully the full wave is not too far behind, I saw the tease for the  AT-TE being shown tomorrow on someone's story.

It looks like obi has fully brown legs with the tan part printed on. Luckily the pic of the actual fig appears to have a solid print that isn’t allowing the brown to show through. I like it a lot more than when they print gigs like ep IV obi or Owen.

Set looks good. I hope that the back has real landing gear. I wasn't and have not been a fan of the chunky back that it rests on. Also, wish the front was a bit more pointed. Looks pretty good though and love the figures!

That cockpit is (still) too damn high...

And wasn't there supposed to be a new hair piece for Obi-Wan? At the very least they could have used this one in dark orange. The Dastan / Snape hair is far from accurate.

3 minutes ago, Graupensuppe said:

That cockpit is (still) too damn high...

And wasn't there supposed to be a new hair piece for Obi-Wan? At the very least they could have used this one in dark orange. The Dastan / Snape hair is far from accurate.

He’s supposed to get a new hairpiece for the Kenobi show sets. I agree though, that hairpiece works better for Episode II Obi-Wan.