MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

I like Cad Bane too (and am lucky I guess to have the two previous versions of him by pure happenstance), and it still doesn't make any sense for them to do such an expensive version of his ship that appeared in one episode. A smaller $100 version I could accept more, but this is a stretch.

It's a nice theory that maybe it plays a bigger role in Bad Batch Season 2 and maybe LEGO "knows something", but it's also just as likely they don't. Lucasfilm sends them what smattering of material they can, and either tells them what to make or LEGO decides themselves. It's like the Rogue One situation where Lucasfilm was pushing them to do the transport shuttle as the big set (which by the way is a much better design than the Justifier). LEGO might have seen it, thought "ok that's a big ship and it's attached to Cad Bane", and put it into development.

Again I feel the irony of complaining when they're actually producing something new, but I still can't help feeling it's a misguided thing to release at this scale and price point, and I doubt seeing the actual set will change that opinion.

Re: The Justifier: I think you guys are looking into it too much… they were probably just looking for a way to get Omega on the shelves, and let’s be honest here there isn’t much else from the show that they could do. The price point justifies this assumption to me, they did the same thing with the light cruiser last year. They probably considered the fact that they haven’t done Cad Bane in a while and it would be an excuse to reuse Fennec (who I’m betting will have her helmet again) and Hunter. Quite frankly I’m surprised we’re not hearing that a Kaminoan will be in this set as well, would be a great way to recoup the cost of the head mould. 

Above all, it’s just a cool ship that would make a good set - that was going through my head while watching the episode it was in and I’m sure the designers would’ve thought the same thing.

I'm surprised they didn't throw Tech into the set to get a bit more mileage out of that helmet mold, whereas Hunter will either use the existing P2 Clone helmet or the new AT-TE one which are/will be more commonplace. 

4 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Re: The Justifier: I think you guys are looking into it too much… they were probably just looking for a way to get Omega on the shelves, and let’s be honest here there isn’t much else from the show that they could do.

A v-wing, Fennec's ship (Which is pretty big too, but you could definately make it for less than $160), a Nu-class shuttle (again, pretty big, but they could probably do it around the $120-130 range), a small Kamino Lab set, a Kamino training facility set, a minifigure pack with a speeder bike, the imperial gunship, probably many more I'm forgetting. Point is, there were a lot of options that were cheaper and less obscure, and even if they had to do the $160 set and decided Omega NEEDED to be in it, they could have done something like the Nu-Shuttle.

10 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Wait, where did you see this? I can't find it on their articles or instagram

He said it in falcons discord.

I honestly think there's a decent chance that the Justifier ends up being an amazing set--I know build quality hasn't been as high as it has in the past, but there is still a possibility it ends up really cool. It's random and on the obscure side, but it is a pretty neat looking ship, and could go well with some of the other builds. On the other hand, it is vastly overpriced to the point of almost being unbuyable, so if I did get it, it would have to be discounted. 

22 hours ago, FoggyFate said:

Oh by the way this might be some bad news, but the way promobricks describes the new helmets the holes aren’t where most think. They aren’t on the side portion like the phase one helmets, it’s actually in the indents above those and Cody uses the original sunvisor piece in orange with the pegs clipping into those holes. So the helmet won’t work for Rex, it’s more catered specifically to Cody and other commanders.

If I'm reading into this correctly, I'm sure that could still work for Rex, as long as the holes are the same diameter. It wouldn't be ideal but as long as the holes are roughly on the side of the helmet I would imagine it will work just fine with all of those accessories. After all, the sunvisor piece is only part of the accessory packs we always get with these sets, they likely won't want a bunch of spare accessories you can't use with the set they're included in. 

Edited by Willsy

I hope you don't mind me asking (since I don't read all the posts here, especially when there're a lot of new posts in a short time) but who's the source of the UCS Razor Crest and what's their reputation? The idea seems a little... weird for a UCS set. Not saying it won't happen but this seems a bit like the UCS Imperial shuttle rumour-type situation form a couple of years back

36 minutes ago, Alpha Draconis said:

I hope you don't mind me asking (since I don't read all the posts here, especially when there're a lot of new posts in a short time) but who's the source of the UCS Razor Crest and what's their reputation? The idea seems a little... weird for a UCS set. Not saying it won't happen but this seems a bit like the UCS Imperial shuttle rumour-type situation form a couple of years back

That I know of, there are two:

The more reliable one is @NoOneOfImportance, who I don't believe has had many major scoops, but he's been pretty accurate with his stuff in the past, not to mention seems fairly credible--you know, keeps track of all upcoming leaks on Instagram, moderately well established, and comes off as an all around nice guy.

The original, but less reliable source is Republic Studs (NOT Republic Bricks, that guy is much worse), who is rather controversial. I don't watch many of his videos, but I pay attention to the major players on Instagram, and he comes off as a bit of a jerk and a bigot. He is sort of MandR taken to the max, plus he uses a lot of the clickbait tactics--just take a look at the thumbnails for his videos. 

Just now, Brickroll said:

That I know of, there are two:

The more reliable one is @NoOneOfImportance, who I don't believe has had many major scoops, but he's been pretty accurate with his stuff in the past, not to mention seems fairly credible--you know, keeps track of all upcoming leaks on Instagram, moderately well established, and comes off as an all around nice guy.

The original, but less reliable source is Republic Studs (NOT Republic Bricks, that guy is much worse), who is rather controversial. I don't watch many of his videos, but I pay attention to the major players on Instagram, and he comes off as a bit of a jerk and a bigot. He is sort of MandR taken to the max, plus he uses a lot of the clickbait tactics--just take a look at the thumbnails for his videos. 

Someone also said a few pages back that Promobricks listed it as a rumor, but that they were more skeptical of it.  

It just seems like a very odd thing, if true to me.  If this is true, it would be the 4th most expensive SW set of all time, behind the second UCS Falcon, the UCS Star Destroyer, and UCS AT-AT, and is $30 more than the original UCS Falcon and the re-released version of the Death Star.  I know the Mandalorian is popular, but is a ship that's only been around for two years and got blown up midway through the second season (and appears to have been replaced by the N-1, rather than the show somehow resurrecting it/giving him a new version of the Razor Crest) really on par with the Falcon and Death Star in terms of popularity and actual viability for a set that expensive?  

Also, that thing would be absolutely massive.  Probably the size of the UCS Gunship but with a full interior, I'd imagine?  I still think it's going to be another version of the Death Star, this just seems way too out of left field, especially considering how it took them almost a decade to go back to making prequel UCS stuff.  I can't see them going from "these are a risk because the older ones didn't sell" to "let's make a $500+ UCS based off of a TV show when we've never done TV-based UCS sets at all!"

I apologize, this is a bit off topic from the current conversation -

Regarding the front cover of the instruction booklet for the Mandalorian's Naboo fighter (75325): The instructions for 41713 Olivia's Space Academy also have the simply posed rendering instead of the full rendering on the front of the box. They also mention that there might be a mix of paper and plastic packaging inside. I wonder if the simplified instruction covers are intended to be excused as an eco-friendly measure (less ink) instead of just the egregious cost-cutting that it looks like.

Has anyone else had issues with their local stores not bringing out new products for at the very least a couple weeks? I live in the PNW is the US and every single Target, Fred Meyer, and Walmart never seem to have any new releases for weeks to even months. Costco and sometimes Amazon have been my only saviors on certain sets here and there. 

Edited by CodeNameGoldMember

7 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

A v-wing, Fennec's ship (Which is pretty big too, but you could definately make it for less than $160), a Nu-class shuttle (again, pretty big, but they could probably do it around the $120-130 range), a small Kamino Lab set, a Kamino training facility set, a minifigure pack with a speeder bike, the imperial gunship, probably many more I'm forgetting. Point is, there were a lot of options that were cheaper and less obscure, and even if they had to do the $160 set and decided Omega NEEDED to be in it, they could have done something like the Nu-Shuttle.

But how many of those options are realistic and could include Omega? If LEGO did any of those she would maybe come in Fennec’s ship or a Kamino set… and they wouldn’t do a Kamino set. I love the show and want more sets but it really doesn’t have a lot going for it that wouldn’t just be Clone Wars stuff again. 

Cad Bane's ship was pretty clearly included for two reasons:

1) They knew Cad Bane would resurface in some important way beyond the cartoons.

2) Omega

That's pretty much it.

1 hour ago, CodeNameGoldMember said:

Has anyone else had issues with their local stores not bringing out new products for at the very least a couple weeks? I live in the PNW is the US and every single Target, Fred Meyer, and Walmart never seem to have any new releases for weeks to even months. Costco and sometimes Amazon have been my only saviors on certain sets here and there. 

I work for Walmart in Canada, and here the new sets generally won’t be put on the shelves until the list of what’s on each shelf is updated. That could happen the day the set releases, or it could be weeks or even a month or two later. (Even if the sets are sitting in the back room, which they usually are after arriving on or shortly after release day.)

You could ask an employee to check the back room for them, but it would be very difficult for someone who isn’t a Lego fan to find them, since for the first month or so the names of the sets in Walmart’s system (and I assume same for the other stores) is just listed by number after the letters LSW to prevent leaking the names of sets ahead of time. 

The thought has suddenly occurred to me that since the 212th troopers have printed hips, then that almost certainly means that the style is pretty solidly getting revamped again. I'm sure many of you already had noticed that, but I just realized it, and I have noticed a lot of people hoping that they are not too different from the old ones. 

Just now, Brickroll said:

The thought has suddenly occurred to me that since the 212th troopers have printed hips, then that almost certainly means that the style is pretty solidly getting revamped again. I'm sure many of you already had noticed that, but I just realized it, and I have noticed a lot of people hoping that they are not too different from the old ones. 

I don't think the current style of Clone Troopers will be changing. The torso and leg designs will probably remain the same. I assume the printed hips are just there to represent the orange paint details beneath the belt. Both Cody and the 212th Clones have it on their armor but the others we've gotten recently (332nd, 501st) do not.

Clone_Commander_Cody_Vintage_Collection_
Clone-Trooper-212th-Battalion-Vintage-Co

28 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

Well, the 212th airborne trooper from Grievous's starfighter had hip printing, as well as the 187th airborne to represent the buckle thing below the belt. As @wesker pointed out, the 212th troopers also have details below the belt, so I think it'll be more or less the same as we have been getting.

5 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

But how many of those options are realistic and could include Omega? If LEGO did any of those she would maybe come in Fennec’s ship or a Kamino set… and they wouldn’t do a Kamino set. I love the show and want more sets but it really doesn’t have a lot going for it that wouldn’t just be Clone Wars stuff again. 

...all of them? They're all at least as realistic as Bane's starfighter, and can pretty easily include Omega.

8 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

Someone also said a few pages back that Promobricks listed it as a rumor, but that they were more skeptical of it.  

It just seems like a very odd thing, if true to me.  If this is true, it would be the 4th most expensive SW set of all time, behind the second UCS Falcon, the UCS Star Destroyer, and UCS AT-AT, and is $30 more than the original UCS Falcon and the re-released version of the Death Star.  I know the Mandalorian is popular, but is a ship that's only been around for two years and got blown up midway through the second season (and appears to have been replaced by the N-1, rather than the show somehow resurrecting it/giving him a new version of the Razor Crest) really on par with the Falcon and Death Star in terms of popularity and actual viability for a set that expensive?  

Also, that thing would be absolutely massive.  Probably the size of the UCS Gunship but with a full interior, I'd imagine?  I still think it's going to be another version of the Death Star, this just seems way too out of left field, especially considering how it took them almost a decade to go back to making prequel UCS stuff.  I can't see them going from "these are a risk because the older ones didn't sell" to "let's make a $500+ UCS based off of a TV show when we've never done TV-based UCS sets at all!"

Agree with all of this. I'm intrigued/excited at the possibility of a UCS Razor Crest, but there are a lot of factors making the whole prospect difficult to believe. That said, if there were any time to release one, it'd be this fall. Season 3 of the Mandalorian releases in November, and I'm not sure the show's popularity will ever match what it is now, which probably translates to decent sales. I don't necessarily think the absence of the ship in season 3 would hurt people's interest.

Thinking about it, the Justifier could potentially appear in Kenobi or Andor as well as BB S2

I mean the Razor Crest is only a type of ship, it isn't unique. It's not impossible that Mando could get a new one in the future. It's an iconic design already and I can't see them leaving it on the table. 

Either way I'd be extremely tempted by a UCS Razor Crest, I liked the play scale set but it's no secret that it doesn't capture some of the ship's angles very well. The potential for the interior as well :wub_drool:

2 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Thinking about it, the Justifier could potentially appear in Kenobi or Andor as well as BB S2

Please no.

21 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Please no.

Why not? :tongue: I would like to see the Justifier pop up in other projects as well. Same goes for Bane himself! I mean, they still need to explain why he wasn‘t active during the OT (in-universe of course, we know why out-of-universe)

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

12 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Why not? :tongue: I would like to see the Justifier pop up in other projects as well. Same goes for Bane himself! I mean, they still need to explain why he wasn‘t active during the OT (in-universe of course, we know why out-of-universe)

I won't stand another series full of pointless cameos, just so Filoni can shove his characters down our throats.

Kenobi needs to focus on Kenobi, his journey, and characters connected to him. We already have Vader, Inquisitors, Jedi etc. No need for other popular characters.