MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Meh, we’re most likely going to see the sets in the next few weeks anyway. I’m not that worried about any more “scoops” or leaks at the moment.

People in the comments were definitely over reacting about them not posting this article, but still, I don’t really understand why they weren’t just transparent and simply communicated that it wasn’t coming yesterday. 

On 5/1/2022 at 10:27 AM, BrickBob Studpants said:

It will 100% ship before that. Those dates are always overestimated :wink:

My republic tanks already shipped. Really interesting that the actual shipping and predicted shipping date (July 22nd) vary so differently - I wouldn't have bated an eye if it was a couple of weeks of difference but this one is huge. Oh well, I'm getting them earlier so I'm happy:classic:

4 minutes ago, Alpha Draconis said:

My republic tanks already shipped. Really interesting that the actual shipping and predicted shipping date (July 22nd) vary so differently - I wouldn't have bated an eye if it was a couple of weeks of difference but this one is huge. Oh well, I'm getting them earlier so I'm happy:classic:

Mine said the 6th of may but I got the email yesterday, but I also got the Mando forge on back order and that said the 22nd of July. Odd

There's a ton of reveals on Insta today. Taun We in the Delta 7, Phase 2 Cody in the AT-TE, Obi Wan set descriptions. All from Promobricks apparently. 

Edited by Bardan_Jusik

Very interesting wave!! 

it’s a very mixed bag and I’m very excited for the AT-TE, the Kenobi sets and the new Jedi star fighter! (Finally a kaminoan!)

The only strange disappointment is the Justifier. Great to finally get omega but strange there are no Kaminoans included. I’m very interested to see pictures as it just sounds insanely overpriced right now! Will keep my opinions until I see the final set as maybe it will make more sense then!

Another dwarf spider droid? Why not include the crab droid that actually appeared on Utapau and hasn't been made before?

Exciting news! I hope all of the Phase II Cody fans are happy, I certainly am. There are only a few sets on the entire list that I'm for sure not picking up; everything else sounds at least interesting enough to wait until the reveal to decide. I'm most hyped for: 1) UCS Razor Crest, 2) AT-TE, 3) Scythe. What are everyone else's top sets in the wave?

I'm mostly curious what the "small gray spaceship with upturned wings" for the Andor series looks like.

Very cool that we are finally getting Cody. I don't personally care about him too much but I am quite happy to hear that we're getting a new phase 2 helmet with attachment points. That could open up a lot of possibilities for other notable clones, so hopefully we see some in the coming years.

Very glad that LEGO came through with the clone count I was very optimistic when the amount of clones for the fighter tank was revealed that they would do the same for a big clone build.Getting three at least.Been impressed with the clone wars/Prequel figs the last 2 years.

Edited by Displayedaction

34 minutes ago, icm said:

I'm mostly curious what the "small gray spaceship with upturned wings" for the Andor series looks like.

I'm surprised that it's not a U-Wing remake. It's close in price to the original, I'm sure the ship will show up in the show and I think there's decent demand for a remake. I'm excited to see how it turns out regardless!

48 minutes ago, Graupensuppe said:

Another dwarf spider droid? Why not include the crab droid that actually appeared on Utapau and hasn't been made before?

If my battle pack idea from the wishlist thread pans out next year (which I think is somewhat possible), we could get the Crab Droid as an enemy to fight in a 212th Battle Pack.

37 minutes ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

Exciting news! I hope all of the Phase II Cody fans are happy, I certainly am. There are only a few sets on the entire list that I'm for sure not picking up; everything else sounds at least interesting enough to wait until the reveal to decide. I'm most hyped for: 1) UCS Razor Crest, 2) AT-TE, 3) Scythe. What are everyone else's top sets in the wave?

It's hard for me to pick between the AT-TE and the two Kenobi sets. On one hand, I've wanted a Lego AT-TE for years and this version in particular sounds like it's great for army building (except for the price obviously). Whereas on the other hand, I'm very excited for Obi-Wan Kenobi, the figures and builds here sound cool and I have also been very focused on collecting every Star Wars/Disney+ set. I'm also somewhat excited for the BD-1 just because I've been wanting Lego to do Fallen Order sets for years, though I'd be more excited if it were The Mantis and came with minifigures though. 

These updated rumors sound very exciting for the most part! The people that have been crying for Commander Cody are finally getting him, and I'm excited too. For so long, I've been wanting a new Phase Two helmet mold that allows for attachments and now we're getting it. I think this greatly increases the chances of getting a new Rex figure in 2023, who is the clone figure I've been wanting more, and maybe an updated Crosshair as well. In that same line of thinking, I think the fact that we're getting an Inquisitor ship with three Inquisitors makes the chances of us getting the Second Sister in a set far more likely, especially because we're going to have Fallen Order represented in Lego form now. The minifigure selection in these Kenobi sets sound very good as well, though it'd be nice to get more than just four figures in that $100 set. There are no repeats as far as we can tell besides Vader possibly, though I do still hope we get a new version of him with the red lenses on the helmet.

I'm also amazed by all the troopers coming with the AT-TE. Three new 212 troopers and a gunner is fantastic. I'm actually pretty surprised that Lego isn't including another named character besides Cody. The minifigure selection for Cad Bane's Ship sounds about how I expected except for the lack of another Kaminoan figure. It's a bit of a bummer as it just seemed like the perfect opportunity to do so and as it stands, the set is seeming more and more steep for the price. Only four figures, two of which are repeats, and a droid for an overpriced spaceship does not sound very good. This will definitely be one I try to get a discount on as I do still want it.

I'm also interested to see Promobricks also mention that they've heard that we're possibly getting a UCS Razor Crest this year. I've been calling it for a while now, so I'd be happy for it to come true, though it'll likely be a while before I get it. All in all, good job Lego!

Edited by The Stud

I'm so excited they finally made a P2 Cody and it'll round out my clone commanders model so I'm overjoyed with the AT-TE. Also, the exclusion of Obi-Wan is perfect cause that means I can pick up 2 AT-TE's launch day and only have one repeat named fig. I'm very interested in what PB means by revamped clone gunner cause I don't see how you could build on the previous one without dual molding or adding a piece for the breastplate. Also, the new P2 helmets that all the troops have is great and hopefully stick for all clones going forward. I guess this means Cody didn't need a new mold just holes in the side of the head so I don't get why it took so long. Nevertheless, it's great that he's coming and all of the other sets sound fantastic, especially the inquisitor ship, I'm looking forward to getting the fifth brother cause it's a fig that I missed out on during my dark ages. I don't think it's that much of a stretch to say this might be the one of greatest Summer SW waves of all time and depending on how some of these look it could be #1.

We Won

The AT TE sounds like the star of the wave. The only thing that could ruin it is if the updated clone helmets have another stormtroopers family guy situation and become unmovable.

The BD 1 set imo is the next best but ive learnt well now that lego busts get cheap quickly

The obi wan sets sounds quite good, but disappointed that the inquisitor ship doesn't come with two purge troopers instead of kenobi. The figure count is a bit low for the price point but can be made up as long as this ship is actually functional.

The duel set sounds like a mashup between the starkiller base and duel on mustafar set which is a good thing imo

Im also excited for the obi wan starfighter, the price is definitely rising on these smaller sets but good to see they're adding figures and extra details to bulk up the package.

The justifier sounds like a decent set honestly but its absolutely massive, why are they going for a minifig scale/oversized scale for a ship that not many people are hyped for. I cant imagine many people care for more than the three new figures. Im interested in it but would only entertain buying it at 50% off (that 80$ still doesn't entice me all that much)

All in all a pretty good wave, not every wave has to be a 10/10 like last year and its quite clear theyre trying to do the synergy thing like last years summer wave.

Also please help me perma delete my account, I'm 100% serious and dont see any option other than an old thread with the mods from there being smug

Edited by SCREDEYE

51 minutes ago, Graupensuppe said:

Because it kind of sounds like this was originally an episode 2 set, and they changed it to far down the line to have a new build. Not confirmed, but that's my guess, given the dwarf spider droid was known early on, and promobricks implies that the set was changed from AOTC to ROTS based.

Just now, kidtheboss611 said:

I'm very interested in what PB means by revamped clone gunner cause I don't see how you could build on the previous one without dual molding 

I guess this means Cody didn't need a new mold just holes in the side of the head so I don't get why it took so long.

I know, it's great we're finally getting cody. The promobricks statement of a revamped gunner could also just mean strongly updated printing, or the different helmet used by AT-TE pilots.

And technically, holes in the side of the head is a new mold :grin:. It's necessarily just the design process that's expensive, it's the actual molds (said to cost hundreds of thousands of dollars), so even minor mold changes are "new molds" in that regard. Though either way, holes for the p2 helmets have been a long time coming, and I'm VERY excited.

Alright, set by set:
I'll probably get the Delta-7, I don't have one yet and the Kaminoan sounds great. 

I'll have to see the diorama build before getting it, as it sounds like a weird mix of 18+ and play features, but hopefully it looks good. Figure selection is nice too, more than just Obi and Vader, and that droid is a cool design.

Not sure what that andor set means at all, but it's at least nice to know it's getting something, even if three figures is pretty low for a $70 set.

Definite pass on the justifier. I don't care about the vehicle at all, already have Fennec and Hunter, don't care about Todo, and I have a purist custom omega, so it doesn't feel worth it to me to spend $160 essentially on Bane and a better Omega.

Inquisitor's ship is nice. I don't think I'll get it unless the show enamors me, but it's great to see that the inquisitor prices will all go down.

And finally, the wallet killer. I'm going to actively try NOT to get this, because of the price, and I JUST spent like $100 on parts for my custom one a month or two ago, but DAMN, that figure selection. P2 Cody, 3 of my favorite clone legion with the helmet change I've always wanted, a CLONE GUNNER, and the battle droids and dwarf spider droid are nice. The feet thing is a nice trick to make it seem larger too, I wish i'd thought of that for my moc. I'm gonna hope that they eventually put at least the 212th troopers into cheaper sets, but if no one shows up as the set nears retirement, I might have to get it and use the parts to update my AT-TE.

The Justifier's price seems unjustified, the Kaminoans would have sweetened deal oh well.

If Cody uses the existing visor part in orange then I can pop a spare on my phase 1 Cody.

Hoping for a Rex with a the new helmet and a range finder at some point, sounds perfect for him.

Well this AT-TE's got me the most interested in a Lego set since the 501st set - I must admit I am surprised that apparently all the clones use a new Phase 2 helmet mould, considering Lego just released a set with brand new 187th figures using the current mould. Whilst points for attaching helmet accessories should have been part of the current mould back when it first came out in 2013, I am nonetheless a big fan of it and when the Cody rumours started I kind of hoped it would just be Cody who'd have a new helmet for consistency's sake, so that the accompanying 212th would match the current 501st troopers. Since supposedly all the troopers use this mould, I imagine this will be used for all Phase 2s in future sets. I suppose ideally it'd be the exact same mould with the same base printing, just with new attachment points - the current mould is pretty much spot-on in my eyes, the rear is ever so slightly inaccurate to the movies but the difference actually makes it look slightly better in my opinion. Hopefully since they've gone through the trouble of changing the mould we'll get plenty more sets with phase 2 troopers - Personally I'd suggest another 501st set so that they can be updated to match :snicker:

The gunner is interesting as well, for a trooper who you can't even see in the film (but art and action figures did exist) for him to get a second figure is pretty surprising. If he looks the part I hope he isn't too expensive on Bricklink as I could see myself needing a lot of him. It'd be perfect if he had a standard plain helmet with an accessory piece fitting on the new attachment points to bulk up his helmet, like the 2005 action figure of him, that way we could make standard phase 2s using his base helmet & the plain phase 1s from the minifig pack, assuming the base body printing style stays the same

As for the build I'm very interested to find out more but for the price I'm surprised it's supposedly very similar to the last one besides the legs - I hope it's not too similar as I never picked up the 2013 one due to considering it too small, I still use a couple of modified 2008 AT-TEs instead so when I saw the price & piece count of the new one I was hopeful of being able to replace them with something in-between size-wise. Though if it's suitably more accurate design-wise I may disregard my size concerns, and I imagine whatever it's like I may pick up at least one anyway simply for the sentimental value of having the set that came with P2 Cody

Color me surprised, I lost hope for P2 Cody, and Lego has gone and made him! Description sounds great At-Te sounds like the best set of the wave for me! Shame we don’t get ep3 Obi-Wan in a set though.

48 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

The Justifier's price seems unjustified, the Kaminoans would have sweetened deal oh well.

If Cody uses the existing visor part in orange then I can pop a spare on my phase 1 Cody.

Hoping for a Rex with a the new helmet and a range finder at some point, sounds perfect for him.

The fact that they new-molded the generic clone helmet instead of a new cody helmet with molded visor makes me think that at the very least, they wanted the door open for Rex.

36 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

Curious which set or sets may end up in Costco in the US for MUCH cheaper...:wub_drool:

I'm always hearing this, I'm going to have to start looking into Costco prices, especially for the AT-TE and Inquisitor ship?

15 minutes ago, Sabre-aN said:

The gunner is interesting as well, for a trooper who you can't even see in the film (but art and action figures did exist) for him to get a second figure is pretty surprising. If he looks the part I hope he isn't too expensive on Bricklink as I could see myself needing a lot of him. It'd be perfect if he had a standard plain helmet with an accessory piece fitting on the new attachment points to bulk up his helmet, like the 2005 action figure of him, that way we could make standard phase 2s using his base helmet & the plain phase 1s from the minifig pack, assuming the base body printing style stays the same

I hope it's not too similar as I never picked up the 2013 one due to considering it too small, 

Sounds like they make the feet smaller to create an illusion of a larger AT-TE, which sounds nice to me, but only if it actually works, of course.

Every single clone is absurdly expensive on bricklink for what similar figures are in terms of appearances, price of the set they were in, and years since release, so I wouldn't hope for him to be cheap, ESPECIALLY if he has a standard P2 helmet in the new style. The helmet ALONE is $11 in the US.

Just now, benderisgreat said:

Color me surprised, I lost hope for P2 Cody, and Lego has gone and made him! Description sounds great At-Te sounds like the best set of the wave for me! Shame we don’t get ep3 Obi-Wan in a set though.

Seeing as we're getting at least 3 obi-wan figures this wave, I'm pretty happy they chose to include another clone instead.

20 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'm always hearing this, I'm going to have to start looking into Costco prices, especially for the AT-TE and Inquisitor ship?

I think, for SW stuff at least, this seems to be a more recent trend.  I know last holiday season, they had the Mandalorian Starfighter for like $50, and then in March they had Boba's Palace for $80 and the Dark Trooper set for like $22 (which is a solid discount, but Target/Walmart will probably drop that to $24 eventually like they do with most $30 sets, so nothing insane).  Unfortunately, about a month after I got Boba's Palace for $80, it is apparently now $60 there :wall:

The tough thing is that it SEEMS like once a set goes out of stock there, that's it.  I'd imagine if the AT-TE were to go on sale there, it probably wouldn't last super long.

Edited by Kit Figsto

7 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Every single clone is absurdly expensive on bricklink for what similar figures are in terms of appearances, price of the set they were in, and years since release, so I wouldn't hope for him to be cheap, ESPECIALLY if he has a standard P2 helmet in the new style. The helmet ALONE is $11 in the US.

Oh for sure it won't be outright cheap like say the current 501st are, I just hope he'll be closer to £10 than £20 due to hopefully the set being common & parted out a lot due to popularity - I never picked up a 2020 212th Airborne because he always stayed around £20 minimum and there were never more than a handful for sale on Bricklink here in the UK whenever I looked, which I figured was because the set was so unpopular from being overpriced no one was buying & parting it out. Admittedly I wasn't religously checking on it or anything. He's not going to get any cheaper now, might have to pick one up if I want one to go with these new standard 212th.

That 2014 standard phase 2 has appreciated a lot but he has been out of production for most of a decade now so that's not a surprise - I army built that figure back when he was new & continued to pick them up for a few years afterwards and did ok price-wise, he was somewhat hard to come by back then too but at least he was in cheap sets & the only unique part was the helmet which helped. I wouldn't army build them again I think, unless they completely revamped the style again.

IMO the 2013 AT-TE is the best looking and has the best stability by far. I'm ok with the size, but the interior really needs some work. I'm excited to see the build, hope they improve the interior, but the figs alone are gonna make he new one an S tier set.

Bloody marvellous wave, I have to say!! :laugh: So much good stuff here :drool: Three of the four Inquisitors being featured in the same set is a fantastic surprise!

After the great JW stuff, the glorious HP summer wave, and all the awesome MCU sets, this further cements 2022 as my official favourite LEGO year ever :thumbup: 

A revamped gunner with the padding on the helmet top to back being a part of the mould instead of a print would be a great revamp ,might open the door to a more accurate phase 1 pilot as well instead of just recoloring the basic helmets.I’m okay if they decide to update the phase 2 design it’s not bad but I think there’s a bridge between the 2014 and 2020 that would look great.

Edited by Displayedaction