MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

The limited 1/5000 UCS Landspeeder print and the ordinary print are both available on the Dutch rewards center now (so a brief heads up to all Dutchies here).

Seems like promobricks is counting down towards some sort of announcement regarding the AT-TE and the possibility it's Utapau based. It does seem like a lot of build up just to announce the details of a single set. So I almost wonder if maybe there's more too it than that? Perhaps lego may actually reveal the set similar to how they revealed the Bad Batch Shuttle from last year. And maybe they're revealing it today instead of May the 4th, cause it's "Revenger of the Fifth," and the AT-TE is from Revenge of the Sith? I guess we'll have to wait and see, but either way their teasers bode well for commander cody.

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Promobricks are teasing the AT-TE :excited:

Looks like we will see pictures in like 2 hours :)

6 minutes ago, codyaner said:

Looks like we will see pictures in like 2 hours :)

I wouldn’t say pictures, info most likely 

Welp, there goes that theory. More info is still super nice! I wonder if it will just be the AT-TE or maybe some of the other summer sets as well.

13 hours ago, CrappyMocMaker said:

Is it possible for the Obi wan vs Vader set to be from episode IV and not Kenobi? It could be a quotes set at 50€.

We’re supposed to be getting two Kenobi-series sets and the Brickheadz which may also be Kenobi-based. The two playsets are supposed to be The Scythe ($100) and a Kenobi vs. Vader set ($50), and we don’t know much about the Brickheadz. The Brickheadz could be based on the show, Episode 4 or maybe even Episode 3, and they were reported to be coming out this month, so hopefully we get a clear answer soon.

I honestly think Promobricks could be teasing confirmation that Cody will be in tbe AT-TE. Why else would they try to build up the hype when the set is otherwise pretty easy to imagine? (The builds probably won’t be mind-blowing and the figures will probably be some battle droids, Obi-Wan and some 212th Troopers if it’s indeed Episode 3-based as they originally teased.)

1 hour ago, The Stud said:

I honestly think Promobricks could be teasing confirmation that Cody will be in tbe AT-TE. Why else would they try to build up the hype when the set is otherwise pretty easy to imagine? (The builds probably won’t be mind-blowing and the figures will probably be some battle droids, Obi-Wan and some 212th Troopers if it’s indeed Episode 3-based as they originally teased.)

I wouldn't say it's guaranteed to be Cody by any means, but I agree that is has to be something (probably someone) relatively big. Otherwise there would really not be much of a reason to hype up a rendition of a vehicle we've already gotten several times.

15 hours ago, CrappyMocMaker said:

Is it possible for the Obi wan vs Vader set to be from episode IV and not Kenobi? It could be a quotes set at 50€.

No. Promobricks and Stone Wars have both confirmed that it's an Obi-Wan Kenobi set.

5 minutes ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

Any word on the alleged news that was coming?  

Promobricks deleted their countdown and haven’t posted since so who knows?

3 minutes ago, The Stud said:

Promobricks deleted their countdown and haven’t posted since so who knows?

Cool, thanks! I am one of the few who do not have instagram (just a personal choice). Thank you!

I recall an occasion recently where Promobricks had a countdown that ended, nothing happened, then they posted some stuff a few hours later (it was for marvel stuff), so hopefully there will still be some info coming later today.

EDIT: According to Falconfan, info is coming later today, so still something to look forward too!

Edited by HatBricks

Same source for the Fighter Tank is confirming a P2 Cody in the AT-TE from what I've gathered. 

Hopefully it‘s more than just „Cody‘s included“, because that‘s not a new rumour :laugh: Good to have it confirmed, if so, but I want MORE :moar:

17 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Hopefully it‘s more than just „Cody‘s included“, because that‘s not a new rumour :laugh: Good to have it confirmed, if so, but I want MORE :moar:

*insert Kylo Ren meme here* 

Falcon Fan's story describes it as an "article" so I'm hoping we might get details on the full wave, and the Cody thing is just a highlight their teasing. We'll find out soon enough!

4 minutes ago, HatBricks said:

Falcon Fan's story describes it as an "article" […]

Sounds promising!! :thumbup: Let‘s hope those are full set descriptions then :excited:

59 minutes ago, Gontron said:

Same source for the Fighter Tank is confirming a P2 Cody in the AT-TE from what I've gathered. 

No not really…promobricks posted a strong hint on their story and people jumped on that

All this hype for news on Cody today and... Promobricks publishes a story on LEGO Classic summer novelties. The vague hints/rumors are getting annoying.

I'm left wondering if the new promobricks was teasing this morning actually ended up being the Marvel news. I don't suppose FalconFan has any insight they could share with us? :innocent2: The mention of an article does seem different than what they ended up posting.

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Sure, but there've been plenty of times rumors didn't pan out, and a confirmation from a reliable source would be awesome.

2 hours ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

All this hype for news on Cody today and... Promobricks publishes a story on LEGO Classic summer novelties. The vague hints/rumors are getting annoying.

Yeah, there's a line leakers have to walk. I'm not one to get mad when, say, Jdubbs does one of his cryptic hints, because he's just doing a post on eurobricks. Likewise, the ocassional vague hint makes sense, since obviously if you give up all the info you have the second you get it, lego can probably figure out who you are. But when Promobricks keeps teasing the same thing, and then just gets rid of the posts... that's starting to feel a little more like clickbaiting.

9 minutes ago, HatBricks said:

I'm left wondering if the new promobricks was teasing this morning actually ended up being the Marvel news. I don't suppose FalconFan has any insight they could share with us? :innocent2: The mention of an article does seem different than what they ended up posting.

If that's true, it's a rather cruel way to tease something

Definitely seems like no news is coming…

As was previously mentioned, this isn’t the first time Promobricks has posted a countdown, teasing information and then we’ve got nothing :hmpf_bad:

Yeah so promobricks had said this morning that they were watching the new Doctor Strange and would post the news after. Somehow I can’t see a 2 hour movie delaying the news this long. Kinda disappointed

56 minutes ago, legopriph said:

Yeah so promobricks had said this morning that they were watching the new Doctor Strange and would post the news after. Somehow I can’t see a 2 hour movie delaying the news this long. Kinda disappointed

They got sucked into the multiverse and ended up in a different universe where P2 cody was more plentiful than Beskar Mando.