MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Maybe I should post this in unpopular opinions but I feel TLG should go back to doing UCS sets with no minifigs. The focus with those sets should be about detail and the build experience, not a vehicle (pun intended) for unique figs, desirable or not. It's kind of ridiculous to have a $350 set on the shelves and 90% of the conversation is about 1 or 2 minifgs. The bulk of UCS sets aren't anywhere close to minifig scale anyway. The helmet series seems to have done ok without including figs (I know some would like to see figs included with helmets, similar to the planets series) as do Technic sets, which are also large scale intricate builds.

Damn. On EU site, the republic tank may perhaps take longer to arrive than Mando's N1. Fighter tank will ship my July 22nd and N1 will ship June 1st

1 hour ago, MaximillianRebo said:

Maybe I should post this in unpopular opinions but I feel TLG should go back to doing UCS sets with no minifigs. The focus with those sets should be about detail and the build experience, not a vehicle (pun intended) for unique figs, desirable or not. It's kind of ridiculous to have a $350 set on the shelves and 90% of the conversation is about 1 or 2 minifgs. The bulk of UCS sets aren't anywhere close to minifig scale anyway. The helmet series seems to have done ok without including figs (I know some would like to see figs included with helmets, similar to the planets series) as do Technic sets, which are also large scale intricate builds.

I agree with this completely, just nip the minifig UCS conversation in the bud so we don't have "people" (children AKA M&R's strongest soldiers) complaining about how a EPISODE 3 version of Cody isn't in an EPISODE 2 gunship model which is first and foremost, A MODEL! Of which they probably don't have funds to buy in the first place.

The double VIP points list (at least in Ireland!) has definitely been updated and now includes more sets, including the upcoming Mandalorian N1 set (although the double points aren't being applied for it correctly), so worth checking out if you were dismayed at the original lists. And for those in the UK / Ireland, Smyth's have a decent sale on quite a few sets which -- depending on how fussed you are about the Lars Homestead promo -- probably work out as better value overall than ordering from S@H. 

8 minutes ago, Alpha Draconis said:

Damn. On EU site, the republic tank may perhaps take longer to arrive than Mando's N1. Fighter tank will ship my July 22nd and N1 will ship June 1st

It will 100% ship before that. Those dates are always overestimated :wink:

1 hour ago, MaximillianRebo said:

Maybe I should post this in unpopular opinions but I feel TLG should go back to doing UCS sets with no minifigs.

I see your point, but not sure that would improve the discussion though. If TLG changed it, people would still complain and long for the good old days of UCS sets including minifigs :tongue: 

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I see your point, but not sure that would improve the discussion though. If TLG changed it, people would still complain and long for the good old days of UCS sets including minifigs :tongue: 

Oh, definitely. Whatever decision TLG makes will have always have its vocal detractors; it's a no win situation. Any way to get people to focus on the build, and only the build (ship it in a plain brown cardboard box if I want to go really unpopular :laugh:)

Wow, the Tank is sold out in the US already. And I can't even order the N1. Says it's been moved to June 1st.

Pics have leaked in the usual places, Din Djarin will finally have a face print in the N1 starfighter.

6 hours ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

I don't know about you, but I bought 75192 just for the mynock!  :wink:

haha

22 minutes ago, 1340cc said:

Pics have leaked in the usual places, Din Djarin will finally have a face print in the N1 starfighter.

There’s a bunch of reviews of the set out there as well. 

1 hour ago, MKJoshA said:

Wow, the Tank is sold out in the US already. And I can't even order the N1. Says it's been moved to June 1st.

I could preorder it, In number of items this will be my record in purchasing most items in a go. 

Imperial Armored Marauder

Mandalorian Starfighter

The Mandalorian’s N-1 Starfighter

and the promotions:

AT-ST™ (30495)

Bride (40383)

The Mandalorian™ beskar keychain (5007403)

Family Lars kitchen (40531)

I really liked the Family Lars promotion, but somehow i hope they dont to this too often, because it gets expensive if one require to purchase for 160 euro to get it. 

All new and recent Star Wars sets other than the Landspeeder were completely cleaned out at my local Lego store. Zero dioramas, no tanks, no Darktroopers, etc. Lots of sets are on backorder or temporarily unavailable on S@H already. Other stuff that released today like the plants and Muppet minifigs was almost sold out as well.

Anyone who really wants all the promos better go get the sets you want asap or they might not be available.

9 hours ago, PhoenixBuilder said:

The double VIP points list (at least in Ireland!) has definitely been updated and now includes more sets, including the upcoming Mandalorian N1 set (although the double points aren't being applied for it correctly), so worth checking out if you were dismayed at the original lists. And for those in the UK / Ireland, Smyth's have a decent sale on quite a few sets which -- depending on how fussed you are about the Lars Homestead promo -- probably work out as better value overall than ordering from S@H. 

Indeed, I checked for the S@H site for Canada and the list is updated here as well.  Most of the retired sets were taken off the list and newer sets added on.

The updated list of Double VIP point items (at least for Canada) is:

40391    First Order Stormtrooper Brick Sketch
40431    BB-8 Brick Sketch
40539    Ahsoka Tano Brickheadz
40557    Defence of Hoth
40558    Clone Trooper Command Station
75255    Yoda
75257    Millennium Falcon
75280    501st Legion Clone Troopers
75283    Armored Assault Tank (AAT)
75288    AT-AT
75292    The Razor Crest
75293    Resistance I-TS Transport
75295    Millennium Falcon Microfighter
75297    4+ Resistance X-Wing Starfighter
75298    AT-AT vs. Tauntaun Microfighters
75299    Trouble on Tatooine
75300    Imperial TIE Fighter
75301    Luke Skywalker’s X-Wing Starfighter
75302    Imperial Shuttle
75310    Duel on Mandalore
75311    Imperial Armoured Marauder
75312    Boba Fett’s Starship
75314    The Bad Batch Attack Shuttle
75315    Imperial Light Cruiser
75316    Mandalorian Starfighter
75317    The Mandalorian Brickheadz
75318    The Child
75319    The Armorer’s Mandalorian Forge
75320    Snowtrooper Battle Pack
75321    The Razor Crest Microfighter
75322    Hoth AT-ST
75324    Dark Trooper Attack
75326    Boba Fett’s Throne Room
75327    Luke Skywalker Red Five Helmet
75328    The Mandalorian Helmet
75342    Republic Fighter Tank
75343    Dark Trooper Helmet

No surprise that the new "Quotes" sets are not on the list since they just released, but 75296 Darth Vader's Meditation Chamber is conspicuously absent.  Also absent is 75306 Imperial Probe Droid and 75308 R2-D2.  So, some statues make it in to the special VIP offer and others do not.

Cheers :)

5 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

I could preorder it, In number of items this will be my record in purchasing most items in a go.

Yeah, that option isn't there for me anymore. It just says "coming soon."

14 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I completely agree. And you know some people will still complain lego doesn't listen to the fans because we don't have captain lock or commander doom or whoever even once cody comes out. I mean, look at SW in general. People begged and whined and demanded more prequel/expanded universe cameos in SW, and now that we saw it in mando, if you go on reddit everyone's talking about how they hope they don't put a ton of cameos in kenobi/andor/etc. Same thing's happening with marvel, where DS2 conversation has gone from demanding that everyone and their mother be included in the film to hoping there's not many cameos to distract from the plot. No matter what decision you make, people will be upset, so you have to make a decision and stick to it.

If/when we get P2 Cody, people will still find a way to complain.  It'll either be 

1) "the set he's in is too expensive!!"

2) "Cody wasn't even in that scene!!"

3) retroactive complaints about how long it took them to make the figure

4) something about the mold or printing being slightly inaccurate (which, in fairness, can be a justified complaint depending on how accurate this is)

I feel like EB tends to be fairly level-headed with complaints, but I legitimately don't know what would appease some Instagram/Reddit commenters.  They could release a set  that costs $20 containing Cody, Rex, Wolffe, and the entire Delta Squad, and people would find an issue with that.

Interestingly, with today's events, I was able to order both more Snowtrooper battle packs and Death Trooper hallways even though I previously hit the limit on my account. Does LEGO reset them every once in awhile normally?

13 minutes ago, AyeMatey said:

Interestingly, with today's events, I was able to order both more Snowtrooper battle packs and Death Trooper hallways even though I previously hit the limit on my account. Does LEGO reset them every once in awhile normally?

Very good question.  I have not heard of this happening before.  Something I always check when I do an online order with S@H because I have heard of so many cases here on the Boards where people have had parts of orders cancelled due to being over the limit for # of copies of a single set.

46 minutes ago, Omand said:

Very good question.  I have not heard of this happening before.  Something I always check when I do an online order with S@H because I have heard of so many cases here on the Boards where people have had parts of orders cancelled due to being over the limit for # of copies of a single set.

Very interesting. They've made to the warehouse phase. We'll see I guess.

Edit:

Dark Troopers order was cancelled but Snowtroopers still good. How odd.

Edited by AyeMatey

17 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Maybe the better idea would've been to not say anything, because the honest answer could be "the UCS Gunship is cool and sells itself to interested consumers. The UCS Landspeeder isn't quite so desirable so we've included a very desirable Minifigure to boost sales" Someone probably isn't going to buy a $350 Gunship unless they really want it - a minifigure won't make much difference. Someone might be influenced to buy a $200 Landspeeder they sort of want or are considering given the cool figure, making the set more enticing.

Find me 2 people who bought the landspeeder that would not have if C-3PO didn't have the silver leg mold. I highly doubt this is even remotely close to a factor for a $200 set. A sub-$30 set? Totally. $30-$50 less likely, but maybe it's something highly desirable like P2 Cody or apparently Beru. $50-70 set? unlikely, but maybe if there's multiple cool figures and the person's financially well off. $200? I don't believe anyone would do that for a slightly better version of an existing character. Maybe if Beru was the exclusive, there'd be some people, but C-3PO's legs?

9 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

I bought the tank and they moved my own tank order to backorder 3 hours after confirming it :/. At least it didn't knock out my promos.

2 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

If/when we get P2 Cody, people will still find a way to complain.  It'll either be 

1) "the set he's in is too expensive!!"

2) "Cody wasn't even in that scene!!"

3) retroactive complaints about how long it took them to make the figure

4) something about the mold or printing being slightly inaccurate (which, in fairness, can be a justified complaint depending on how accurate this is)

I feel like EB tends to be fairly level-headed with complaints, but I legitimately don't know what would appease some Instagram/Reddit commenters.  They could release a set  that costs $20 containing Cody, Rex, Wolffe, and the entire Delta Squad, and people would find an issue with that.

EB tends to be more civil with complaints at least, but there's always at least one person that will complain about anything. Remember when the 501st set came out, and people were talking about how awful the figures were? 

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Find me 2 people who bought the landspeeder that would not have if C-3PO didn't have the silver leg mold. I highly doubt this is even remotely close to a factor for a $200 set. A sub-$30 set? Totally. $30-$50 less likely, but maybe it's something highly desirable like P2 Cody or apparently Beru. $50-70 set? unlikely, but maybe if there's multiple cool figures and the person's financially well off. $200? I don't believe anyone would do that for a slightly better version of an existing character. Maybe if Beru was the exclusive, there'd be some people, but C-3PO's legs?

Really you think Minifigures aren't a very important factor in buying a $50-$70 set? Sorry but that's a bit absurd. LEGO has been locking cool exclusive Minifigures into $100+ sets for decades and it's not like it's a coincidence. Minifigures are part of the package and can totally throw people over the line into buying a set or not. I'm talking about people who are somewhat interested in the set and weighing it up, not people who have no interest and are buying it ONLY for figures, which I agree wouldn't be the case for a $200 set.

LEGO has a massive and growing "very well off" consumer base. Just look at how many expensive sets come out these days. The resale market is also huge and Minifigures from popular themes are commanding ever higher prices on the aftermarket. This is getting off topic, but Instagram and the visibility of collecting and showing off collections has a lot to do with it IMO. It's not just LEGO by any means but many hobbies that were once more niche and had somewhat stable aftermarket values are now skyrocketing for a number of factors.

So while I'm not going to get vox pops from two of the tens or hundreds of thousands of people buying the set or whatever, I absolutely stand by saying that, for someone thinking about buying even a set as expensive as $200 (which isn't even a lot of money to many many many employed adults), a cool exclusive Minifigure could factor into their decision.

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Find me 2 people who bought the landspeeder that would not have if C-3PO didn't have the silver leg mold.

Hello there

I had a great experience going to the Lego Store for May the 4th today. This was only my second time going, and the first time was three years ago and it wasn’t the first day of the event, so it was a neat experience. It was even busier than when I went to the store on January 1st.

I was worried about the Store running out of sets or promos, but they seemed to have plenty of everything. I guess I didn’t need to worry about getting the UCS R2 at midnight lol. The sets that seemed to be selling the most when I was there were the Cantina (one of the sets I was originally planning on getting) and Dagobah Jedi Training. The store was running like a very well-oiled machine and a lot of the employees wore Star Wars costumes which made it even more of a cool experience. I got The Bad Batch Shuttle and the two corresponding Star Wars promos, as well as a Friends flower polybag. They were also giving out a bunch of free stickers, including some Lego Porg and Solo ones that seemed to be from four years ago. Overall, it was a stellar time.

Also, I now officially own every set that is currently out from the Star Wars Disney+ shows.

Edited by The Stud