MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

13 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Yup, I was thinking of Km to M. But still, BD-1 sits on cal's shoulder, and extending his neck out, his head reaches to around the top of Cal's head. You'd have to trash-compact yoda to do that. So I'm thinking the 3d modelers might be a tad off.

He doesn't really sit on Cal's shoulder, though. His feet are hanging on much lower down in the middle of Cal's back, in much the same way Yoda rode on Luke's back. He is quite a bit shorter than Yoda in his usual crouched posture, no question, but not by as much as the LEGO figure size difference suggests.

EDIT: Here's an angle of BD-1 more stretched out. With his legs extended he reaches from Cal's waist to just over his shoulder, which is pretty much exactly what Yoda looked like. He just hunches way over a lot of the time.

Edited by Kdapt-Preacher

24 minutes ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

He doesn't really sit on Cal's shoulder, though. His feet are hanging on much lower down in the middle of Cal's back, in much the same way Yoda rode on Luke's back. He is quite a bit shorter than Yoda in his usual crouched posture, no question, but not by as much as the LEGO figure size difference suggests.

Not that much further down, it's barely halfway to Cal's elbow, and that's him fully extended. That'd be like yoda stretching himself out and flinging his arms over his head. Here are some images of how small BD is, and just imagine Yoda (who is canonically the same size as todo), in these images, who'd be between a third and a half the size of cal if he's 2ft 2".

EDIT: Looking at more images, I think i've got it figured out. If you extended BD-1's legs to have them straight, he'd be near yoda's height. But his legs aren't supposed to be straight. His "crouch" is his default position. The lego version, where he's crouching, has him up to Djin's waist, which I feel like kind of proves my "all the droids are bigger than they're supposed to be, and therefore Todo would be fine brick-built since he's the same size as yoda" position.

Spoiler

SizeMattersNot...Yesitdoes.jpg

Calactionfigure.jpg

And here's a photoshop of yoda on Cal's back, roughly the size of BD, with a 2ish foot tall yoda floating ominously to the left as he plans to murder Cal so his whole "luke is the last living jedi after I die" thing stands true.

Spoiler

Yodashop.jpg

Anyway, we've gotten very off-topic, but I feel that my case of: BD-1 is substantially smaller than yoda/todo-> A brick-build todo is not implausible and I don't know why everyone is vehemently opposed to it rests pretty solidly.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Aaaand I'm calling it. We're off topic now. It's a fair discussion. But let's not clutter this thread with more of the BD/TODO/Yoda comparison for now.

Does anyone know if the Fighter Tank is a retailer exclusive? It's due to release tomorrow and so far in the UK I'm only seeing it listed on S@H. Same with the Trash Compactor actually (though the other two dioramas are up for pre-order elsewhere). I was hoping to grab it from my local Lego store tomorrow morning but I've just come down with Covid so that isn't really an option now, hoping Amazon or Smyths will carry it. 

Edited by Willsy

1 minute ago, Willsy said:

Does anyone know if the Fighter Tank is a retailer exclusive? It's due to release tomorrow and so far in the UK I'm only seeing it listed on S@H. Same with the Trash Compactor actually (though the other two dioramas are up for pre-order elsewhere). I was hoping to grab it from my local Lego store tomorrow morning but I've just come down with Covid so that isn't really an option now, hoping Amazon or Smyths will carry it. 

I’m not even seeing the Fighter Tank on S@H at all

1 hour ago, NeutralNoodle said:

It's there in the UK, was never up for pre-order though. 

17 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:
17 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

No kaminoans have been confirmed for the starfighter. Promobricks made clear that their thought of a kaminoan in the delta 7 was pure speculation. The recent stuff about the justifier is the first time a source has "confirmed" kaminoans as far as I can tell.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZxLHJqrEAs/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Promobricks mentioned Taun We in the Starfighter in February it seems, I thought they just said a Kaminoan but I went back to check cause you said you thought that was just speculation.

Are we 100% sure the Jedi Starfighter is a Delta-7? A blue Eta-2 would also make sense to go alongside the Utapau AT-TE.

Obi-wan's blue Eta-2 is in greater need of a remake. It's what I'm personally hoping for. 

Edited by Zap Rowsdower

10 minutes ago, Zap Rowsdower said:

Are we 100% sure the Jedi Starfighter is a Delta-7? A blue Eta-2 would also make sense to go alongside the Utapau AT-TE.

Obi-wan's blue Eta-2 is in greater need of a remake. It's what I'm personally hoping for. 

All indications point to it being a Jedi Starfighter, not an Interceptor. It’s coming with a Kaminoan too, so definitely not an Episode 3 set.

1 hour ago, The Stud said:

All indications point to it being a Jedi Starfighter, not an Interceptor. It’s coming with a Kaminoan too, so definitely not an Episode 3 set.

But since it was never confirmed that there was a Kaminoan in the starfighter set could it not be an Interceptor. The rumored Kaminoan could then show up in the justifier instead and the reason for the rumor is there was a simple numbers mix up on the part of leakers. I think it makes too much sense to have an EP 3 Obi-Wan Interceptor and an EP 3 AT-TE with the same Obi-Wan on shelves so there won't be an overproduction of the fig cause it can go in both sets. It'd be a very Lego thing to do. 

Space Jesus Theory: A theory I think is more fun is that Lego and Lucasfilm are going absolutely all out for the Kenobi Show and they have planned a crap ton of Obi-Wan sets from both the show (the Inquisitor ship + versus set) and prequels (EP 2 fighter + EP 3 AT-TE). That way there can be multiple generations of Obi-Wan on shelves all at the same time and so as the show gains popularity over the summer buyers of all ages can grab their new favorite character in all of his glorious appearances. Also 

Spoiler

if Cal Kestis does show up in Kenobi like some rumors are saying than BD-1's mold and inclusion make a whole lot more sense. 

Anyway, the chances that this is true are very low but as someone who loves Space Jesus, I hope it is. 

Everyone is talking about how Obi wan is the space jesus of star wars well  now he has some competition : r/StarWarsCantina

Edited by kidtheboss611

1 hour ago, kidtheboss611 said:

But since it was never confirmed that there was a Kaminoan in the starfighter set could it not be an Interceptor. The rumored Kaminoan could then show up in the justifier instead and the reason for the rumor is there was a simple numbers mix up on the part of leakers. I think it makes too much sense to have an EP 3 Obi-Wan Interceptor and an EP 3 AT-TE with the same Obi-Wan on shelves so there won't be an overproduction of the fig cause it can go in both sets. It'd be a very Lego thing to do. 

Space Jesus Theory: A theory I think is more fun is that Lego and Lucasfilm are going absolutely all out for the Kenobi Show and they have planned a crap ton of Obi-Wan sets from both the show (the Inquisitor ship + versus set) and prequels (EP 2 fighter + EP 3 AT-TE). That way there can be multiple generations of Obi-Wan on shelves all at the same time and so as the show gains popularity over the summer buyers of all ages can grab their new favorite character in all of his glorious appearances. Also 

Hide contents

if Cal Kestis does show up in Kenobi like some rumors are saying than BD-1's mold and inclusion make a whole lot more sense. 

Anyway, the chances that this is true are very low but as someone who loves Space Jesus, I hope it is. 

Everyone is talking about how Obi wan is the space jesus of star wars well  now he has some competition : r/StarWarsCantina

Promobricks said on Instagram that Taun We is coming in the Jedi Starfighter and all of our credible sources have been referring to it as a Starfighter, not an Interceptor. We also just got a Jedi Interceptor two years ago, while our last Jedi Starfighter was four years ago.

What you’re saying about Lego having multiple Obi-Wan related sets out at once is what I was thinking though. If the AT-TE is Episode 3 based, then we’ll probably have just about every noteworthy version of Obi-Wan available this summer, except for Episode 1 and TCW figures I guess.

Also:

I don’t think that’s why Lego invested in the BD-1 mold. For starters, there’s no indication that he’ll be in Kenobi. There’s been no actual rumors that he’ll be in it like there were for the Inquisitors; there’s only been speculation. Even if he were supposed to show up, Lego wouldn’t know about it yet. I think it has more to do with Fallen Order 2 coming out in the next year or two and Lego wants to capitalize on it this time around. The same droid model appearing in TBOBF is probably what helped justify Lego’s decision to make a whole new mold. 

Edited by The Stud

28 minutes ago, The Stud said:

Promobricks said on Instagram that Taun We is coming in the Jedi Starfighter and all of our credible sources have been referring to it as a Starfighter, not an Interceptor. We also just got a Jedi Interceptor two years ago, while our last Jedi Starfighter was four years ago.

What you’re saying about Lego having multiple Obi-Wan related sets out at once is what I was thinking though. If the AT-TE is Episode 3 based, then we’ll probably have just about every noteworthy version of Obi-Wan available this summer, except for Episode 1 and TCW figures I guess.

Also:

Reveal hidden contents

I don’t think that’s why Lego invested in the BD-1 mold. For starters, there’s no indication that he’ll be in Kenobi. There’s been no actual rumors that he’ll be in it like there were for the Inquisitors; there’s only been speculation. Even if he were supposed to show up, Lego wouldn’t know about it yet. I think it has more to do with Fallen Order 2 coming out in the next year or two and Lego wants to capitalize on it this time around. The same droid model appearing in TBOBF is probably what helped justify Lego’s decision to make a whole new mold. 

Fairs. I didn't know promobricks had confirmed I thought it was one of those insta rumors.

7 hours ago, NeutralNoodle said:

yeah it disappeared a week or so ago. might be delayed, since apparently the big Doctor Strange 2 set was delayed just now too. If that's the case (and even if it's not I guess) lego really needs to get a handle on this. We're reaching double digits of delayed or cancelled sets for the past 6 months alone.

5 hours ago, Zap Rowsdower said:

Pretty sure. promobricks has apparently said a kaminoan is in it, so it's probably a delta-7. I don't think they'd mistake a pau'un.

2 hours ago, The Stud said:

Also:

Reveal hidden contents

And old ben, right? I feel like that's in the top 2 for kenobi appearances and all. I guess you could count mos eisley.

3 hours ago, kidtheboss611 said:

Reveal hidden contents

I doubt it's intentional, but it is pretty cool nontheless that Obi-wan will probably be in 4 sets this summer (though it's possible he wouldn't be in the AT-TE, I guess)

As for the spoiler, 

Spoiler

definately not. I don't think they would want to use cal in something that takes place 5 years down the line from his last game while the second one's rumored to come out this fall. SW tends to wait to use new characters in other mediums like that until they can narrow down what they were doing in the timeline (KoR not showing up in stuff until after TROS was finished, Qi'ra not returning until the solo sequels were unfortunately buried, etc). Cal has a story ahead of him, and I don't think they want to handicap the game's story designers to give him a cameo.

Plus, even if he did show up, it's not the type of thing lucasfilm would be letting toy companies know about half a year in advance. As others have speculated, it's likely that BD-1 appeared in the TBOBF set because the mold was created for his own set this summer, which we know is coming.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

42 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

yeah it disappeared a week or so ago. might be delayed, since apparently the big Doctor Strange 2 set was delayed just now too. If that's the case (and even if it's not I guess) lego really needs to get a handle on this. We're reaching double digits of delayed or cancelled sets for the past 6 months alone.

The sanctum wasn’t delayed. It was believed to initially be a direct to consumer set and with a retail date of august. It would mean a May/June release. Now it is looking like it is getting a regular retail release same like the Vespa and releasing in august. No delays 

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It’s available already here in Australia. Only at Lego.com so far, no other retailers have it just yet.

4 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

The sanctum wasn’t delayed. It was believed to initially be a direct to consumer set and with a retail date of august. It would mean a May/June release. Now it is looking like it is getting a regular retail release same like the Vespa and releasing in august. No delays 

Good to know.

1 hour ago, Paul11283652 said:

It’s available already here in Australia. Only at Lego.com so far, no other retailers have it just yet.

Ah, so just gone in the US.

2 hours ago, Paul11283652 said:

Legend, thank you for the heads up. Thought it was going on sale on the 4th. 

Out of the sets listed for may the 4th vip points, which do we think will actually be available and in stock during the sales event?

Especially thinking of UK Lego.com as that's likely where'd I'd be buying from, I do now have a Lego Shop in my city, but they always have stock issues, so I've mostly used in for PaB and pre-felt CMFs.

"VIP double points offer applies to selected LEGO® Star Wars™ sets only ( 75268 , 75297 , 40557 , 40558 , 75266 , 75295 , 75298 , 75307 , 75320 , 75321 , 75269 , 75270 , 75271 , 75281 , 75283 , 75299 , 75310 , 75342 , 40391 , 40431 , 75249 , 75254 , 75300 , 75311 , 75319 , 75324 , 75251 , 75257 , 75272 , 75284 , 75286 , 75291 , 75293 , 75301 , 75302 , 75312 , 75314 , 75316 , 40539 , 75255 , 75278 , 75288 , 75292 , 75315 , 75317 , 75318 ). Not the Landspeeder."

23 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Out of the sets listed for may the 4th vip points, which do we think will actually be available and in stock during the sales event?

Especially thinking of UK Lego.com as that's likely where'd I'd be buying from, I do now have a Lego Shop in my city, but they always have stock issues, so I've mostly used in for PaB and pre-felt CMFs.

"VIP double points offer applies to selected LEGO® Star Wars™ sets only ( 75268 , 75297 , 40557 , 40558 , 75266 , 75295 , 75298 , 75307 , 75320 , 75321 , 75269 , 75270 , 75271 , 75281 , 75283 , 75299 , 75310 , 75342 , 40391 , 40431 , 75249 , 75254 , 75300 , 75311 , 75319 , 75324 , 75251 , 75257 , 75272 , 75284 , 75286 , 75291 , 75293 , 75301 , 75302 , 75312 , 75314 , 75316 , 40539 , 75255 , 75278 , 75288 , 75292 , 75315 , 75317 , 75318 ). Not the Landspeeder."

Well as far as I've seen ahsoka has never been in stock, which was on my list to get. I reckon the tank, the dark troopers, the clones and the hoth sets will sell out quick as they are massable.

Had to order the Fighter Tank through S@H as nowhere else currently seems to be stocking it or the Trash Compactor in the UK right now. Very strange...

2 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

My next paycheck is coming in on May the 4th funnily enough, so hopefully The Bad Batch Attack Shuttle is still available then. 

6 hours ago, Willsy said:

Had to order the Fighter Tank through S@H as nowhere else currently seems to be stocking it or the Trash Compactor in the UK right now. Very strange...

Hopefully it'll still be at Shop@Home for the may the 4th event.

6 hours ago, ginja said:

Well as far as I've seen ahsoka has never been in stock, which was on my list to get. I reckon the tank, the dark troopers, the clones and the hoth sets will sell out quick as they are massable.

Yeah I was think some of those sets were retired as well, like if they had Vader's Castle in stock I'd get it but they don't stock anymore do they?

The Mando forge has been in stock any time I've checked but it's not retired where as castle Vader isn't even listed on the website.

5 hours ago, The Stud said:

My next paycheck is coming in on May the 4th funnily enough, so hopefully The Bad Batch Attack Shuttle is still available then. 

Good luck to you there, they had it in stock when I was last at my local Lego shop. Though when I was looking for it they didn't, so I ended up getting it from Argos.

7 hours ago, ginja said:

Same for the imperial marauder and also the tie fighter to a lesser extent.

1 hour ago, 1340cc said:

Same for the imperial marauder and also the tie fighter to a lesser extent.

I've literally got a list set up in case stuff goes out of stock. The way I see it, if I'm already spending $120, I might as well bump it up to the GWP since it'll be worth more than the $60 of extra sets I buy. I'm planning on getting a clone or hoth pack, a microfighter (preferably another razor crest, my beskar mando collection is rivaling my farmboy luke one now), and either the tank or marauder.

Looks like the influencers have been sent Mando’s N-1. No reviews just yet as far as I can tell, just an unboxing video from BrickWiz. 

Also, still no fighter tanks in Australia anywhere besides LSAH, not even physical LEGO stores, which we can usually count on to get sets on release day or rarely before.