MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Wow, the Justifier sounds even more enticing than before! Hopefully the minifig selection is true. This is definitely one of my most anticipated sets for the rest of the year.

7 hours ago, The Stud said:

It’d be great to get two of the three noteworthy Kaminoan characters (Nala Se and Taun We) this summer after having never gotten any in Lego form before. I’m guessing that The Justifier will come with Cad Bane, Todo, Omega and Nala Se as new figures, and then we can probably get reuses of Hunter and Fennec Shand here. It would be a pretty solid figure selection.

That would be the ideal line-up. Other flagship sets over the past couple of years at the same price point have had a similar number of figures (albeit a couple of hundred more pieces) so with this selection for the Justifier, new moulds for Nala Se and Todo, hopefully a number of large/new pieces along with the world-wide trend of shrinkflation, the 160€ price becomes well, not acceptable, but less surprising.

Edited by MaximillianRebo

2 hours ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

I’ll guarantee that Lego won’t ever make any more Force Unleashed sets. If they ever made any Legends sets in the future it’ll be from KOTOR (because of the remake) or maybe another one-off from the Tartakovsky Clone Wars (although that’s still extremely unlikely). 

I don't think there's anything that you can confidently say LEGO won't ever make. Every now and then they put out some set that doesn't make any sense--the droid TIE fighter from Dark Empire back in 2004, the TIE Defender in 2010 (before its modern prominence in more recent media), the Sandspeeder, the 187th Legion, the Azure Angel you mentioned, etc. All stuff that hadn't been relevant to anything in decades and weren't things that the vast majority of fans would have recognized even when they'd appeared recently. Obviously it's silly to speculate about something like that if there isn't any actual reason to think it's happening, but they do pop up on occasion. Even for Force Unleashed specifically, the Shadow Trooper battle pack was just in 2015...

10 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

BTW, the only Kaminoans that I am expecting to get this year are Taun We and Nala Se, since they can share a headpiece (albeit with different printing). Lama Su would need a different part entirely, so I doubt that we will see him for a while. 😕

Maybe I’m a bit too optimistic/greedy here, but it’s possible we could get all three of the prominent Kaminoan characters. One is supposed to be included in Obi-Wan’s Jedi Starfighter and the Justifier is also rumoured to include at least one. Of course the two sets could share the same minifig, but it’s still a possibility :purrr:

Requiring two different parts shouldn’t be that much of an issue, I think.

Well geekbricks said Kaminoans as in plural, so at least 2. And there are 5 options Taun We, Lama Su, Nala SE, the Boro Vio test tube Kaminoans corpse, and the background Kaminoans. Though I doubt it'd be either of those last 2. 

Now can anyone confirm if I was right in saying that it was geekbricks who started the fighter tank rumour?

45 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Well geekbricks said Kaminoans as in plural, so at least 2. And there are 5 options Taun We, Lama Su, Nala SE, the Boro Vio test tube Kaminoans corpse, and the background Kaminoans. Though I doubt it'd be either of those last 2. 

Now can anyone confirm if I was right in saying that it was geekbricks who started the fighter tank rumour?

Yup greekbricks is the original fighter tank rumor source.

50 minutes ago, HatBricks said:

Yup greekbricks is the original fighter tank rumor source.

Ah, thank you I'll take multiple Kaminoans with the Justifier as confirmed then. Maybe we'll even get all 3 in that set.

The Justifier does still seem an odd choice, maybe it's set to reappear in season 2? 

18 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

The Justifier does still seem an odd choice, maybe it's set to reappear in season 2? 

While it might be a weird choice, I expect it to sell very well, especially if the recent rumours are true. Even if they aren‘t, a new Cad Bane minifig is incentive enough, especially in the aftermath of his live-action debut :sweet:

16 hours ago, CodFather1 said:

Well, Codyleaks is dead now. Hopefully. Maybe? I don't know.

Yeah. Account's completely gone. What really irks me is that people in the comments of his posts actually seemed to believe him.

15 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

BTW, the only Kaminoans that I am expecting to get this year are Taun We and Nala Se, since they can share a headpiece (albeit with different printing). Lama Su would need a different part entirely, so I doubt that we will see him for a while.

Not neccesarily. Lego definately isn't stingy on new molds for LSW, I'm sure a $160 set with only 1000-ish pieces could have 2 new molds. Hypothetically, they could also put a stud connection on the top of the kaminoan head mold and use an existing mohawk piece for lama su. Wouldn't be perfect, but it's an option they could take.

2 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Ah, thank you I'll take multiple Kaminoans with the Justifier as confirmed then. Maybe we'll even get all 3 in that set.

Fingers crossed that we get all three since I don’t know when or where else Lego could do a Lama Su figure, whereas the other two seem very likely for some of the sets we’re getting this summer. 

I initially assumed that this was going to be a Season 2 set when the rumor first came out but I’m thinking otherwise now. I believe that Cad Bane, Todo and The Justifier will return and play a bigger role on Season 2, and that may be why Lego’s doing this ship, but I think that the minifigure selection of the set will technically be based on Season 1. I’m more surprised that the biggest non-D2C Star Wars set we’re getting this year is from animation, and is also seemingly the only set we’re getting from the animated properties this year.

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

While it might be a weird choice, I expect it to sell very well, especially if the recent rumours are true. Even if they aren‘t, a new Cad Bane minifig is incentive enough, especially in the aftermath of his live-action debut :sweet:

I know I’ll be getting it regardless. I’m not making the same mistake that I did with Clone Wars and Rebels by not getting any of the sets when those shows were around (though I wasn’t even into Star Wars yet when the first show was running) so I’m definitely getting all the sets from The Bad Batch, as well as the live-action series. You never know if and when Lego will get around to making this stuff again, which is also why I tried to get most of the the Rogue One and Solo sets when those were out.

Edited by The Stud

1 hour ago, The Stud said:

initially assumed that this was going to be a Season 2 set when the rumor first came out but I’m thinking otherwise now. I believe that Cad Bane, Todo and The Justifier will return and play a bigger role on Season 2, and that may be why Lego’s doing this ship, but I think that the minifigure selection of the set will technically be based on Season 1. 

Yeah, I had originally assumed bad batch season 2 would launch on may the 4th, making the idea of a season 2 in the summer wave perfectly logical.

5 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

. And there are 5 options Taun We, Lama Su, Nala SE, the Boro Vio test tube Kaminoans corpse, and the background Kaminoans.

Not that it is going to happen as she never appeared in the bad batch or anything since 2010 but there is another named Kaminoan character from the clone wars, I just remembered, the senator though given what happened in the bad batch I imagine the empire murdered her discreetly. Halle Burtoni , which doesn't fit well with any of the other Kaminoan names but oh well

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Hypothetically, they could also put a stud connection on the top of the kaminoan head mold and use an existing mohawk piece for lama su. Wouldn't be perfect, but it's an option they could take.

Honestly I'd say the collar was a more important difference than the fin, I'd take a printed fin, but I would prefer a moulded one.

1 hour ago, legobagel said:

I'm thinking Lama Su in the starfighter and Taun We & Nala Se in the Justifier.

That would work well but IIRC Taun We was confirmed for the Starfighter?

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Not neccesarily. Lego definately isn't stingy on new molds for LSW, I'm sure a $160 set with only 1000-ish pieces could have 2 new moulds.

I would hope Todo would also have a new mould too if he was included, which he should as one of the ship's 2 crew.

2 hours ago, The Stud said:

I know I’ll be getting it regardless. I’m not making the same mistake that I did with Clone Wars and Rebels by not getting any of the sets when those shows were around (though I wasn’t even into Star Wars yet when the first show was running) so I’m definitely getting all the sets from The Bad Batch, as well as the live-action series. You never know if and when Lego will get around to making this stuff again, which is also why I tried to get most of the the Rogue One and Solo sets when those were out.

Yeah, I do have plenty of CW sets ( including a Cad Bane!) but I do wish I'd gotten the Ghost, it's definitely the highest thing on my Star wars set wishlist. 

And Rogue one really should get more sets, it was definitely the best received of the Disney movies. 

2 hours ago, legobagel said:

I'm thinking Lama Su in the starfighter and Taun We & Nala Se in the Justifier.

If we’re getting all 3, that would be the logical split. It’d be weird to have everyone but Taun We with the Justifier when she’s the only one that was near it, and Nala Se obviously won’t be in an Episode II set.

2 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

That would work well but IIRC Taun We was confirmed for the Starfighter?

I would hope Todo would also have a new mould too if he was included, which he should as one of the ship's 2 crew.

No kaminoans have been confirmed for the starfighter. Promobricks made clear that their thought of a kaminoan in the delta 7 was pure speculation. The recent stuff about the justifier is the first time a source has "confirmed" kaminoans as far as I can tell.

Yeah, I suppose they would do that. I'd prefer a brick-built one, as he's roughly the size of a 13 year old female clone, but they do like their molded droids with a single stud connection at the bottom, and i've long since resigned that everyone else prefers molded creatures and droids to brick-built ones.

9 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

No kaminoans have been confirmed for the starfighter. Promobricks made clear that their thought of a kaminoan in the delta 7 was pure speculation. The recent stuff about the justifier is the first time a source has "confirmed" kaminoans as far as I can tell.

Yeah, I suppose they would do that. I'd prefer a brick-built one, as he's roughly the size of a 13 year old female clone, but they do like their molded droids with a single stud connection at the bottom, and i've long since resigned that everyone else prefers molded creatures and droids to brick-built ones.

Even if you wanted to make Todo as big as a short minifigure (which is still oversized) I don’t know if you could build one that small out of bricks, unless they created a bunch of new moulds for his body parts. His legs and arms are just too small to be represented well with any existing bricks IMO.

9 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZxLHJqrEAs/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Promobricks mentioned Taun We in the Starfighter in February it seems, I thought they just said a Kaminoan but I went back to check cause you said you thought that was just speculation.

12 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'd say he's much smaller than omega, though bigger than BD-1 but it depends on how you look at it as he is an odd shape. As to moulded V brick built, personally I think both work and my preference is dependent on the circumstance, though I think a brickbuilt Todo could work I think a moulded head at very least would be best, though as long as his face is printed I do concede that a fully brick built Todo would probably be fine.

45 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZxLHJqrEAs/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Promobricks mentioned Taun We in the Starfighter in February it seems, I thought they just said a Kaminoan but I went back to check cause you said you thought that was just speculation.

Huh, I must have gotten that confused. The gunship was just speculation from them, right? I thought it was but now I'm not sure.

50 minutes ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

Even if you wanted to make Todo as big as a short minifigure (which is still oversized) I don’t know if you could build one that small out of bricks, unless they created a bunch of new moulds for his body parts. His legs and arms are just too small to be represented well with any existing bricks IMO.

46 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

I'd say he's much smaller than omega, though bigger than BD-1 but it depends on how you look at it as he is an odd shape. As to moulded V brick built, personally I think both work and my preference is dependent on the circumstance, though I think a brickbuilt Todo could work I think a moulded head at very least would be best, though as long as his face is printed I do concede that a fully brick built Todo would probably be fine.

Wookiepedia lists him at the exact same height as yoda, .66 meters. Looking up "lego Todo-360" brings up quite a few mocs, including a quite good one by Somchai Ud, that are all about as tall as the yoda figure. The Somchai one uses antenna for the arms and 1x1 clips with studs underneath for the legs, which I think works pretty well. The only thing it's missing is a good face, which they could do pretty easily with a print or even sticker. I'm not saying they won't do a molded Todo, because I have 0 insider information, I just think that they really can do it if they wanted to.

The Republic Gunship was speculation because seemed a logical guess for something to go with the AT-TE. The Gunship speculation was before that set was said to be the Justifier.

I think the Gunship was originally speculated to be the $140 set, while the $100 set was speculated to be the AT-TE.

I think that if BD-1 is getting a new mold, TODO would be deserving of one. The only problem is that the BD mold is more reusable with their being another droid of the same model in The Book of Boba Fett, whereas we’ve only seen one TODO-style droid.

1 hour ago, The Stud said:

I think that if BD-1 is getting a new mold, TODO would be deserving of one. The only problem is that the BD mold is more reusable with their being another droid of the same model in The Book of Boba Fett, whereas we’ve only seen one TODO-style droid.

I think BD-1's smaller size makes it fine for him to be molded but not todo (again, todo and yoda are the same size). 
Although it is ironic that Todo, who is supposed to be a common utility droid, only appears once, but we've seen multiple of BD-1, a tiny droid that's got:

A motor powerful enough to zip itself and an adult male human up a 45 degree angled cable.

The ability to override all imperial droids

jedi-like agility

Some sort of tardis-like quality, given the size of the stim canisters it carries and the fact it can hold 10 at once.

amnesia, despite being a robot.

(In addition to the mapping, recordings, and all that.)

Edited by Mandalorianknight

25 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I think BD-1's smaller size makes it fine for him to be molded but not todo (again, todo and yoda are the same size).

Yes, but LEGO's Yoda is ridiculously oversized relative to a minifig. He should be around a third the height of an average human, but instead he's about 80% as tall and equally broad, so he's more than twice as tall as he should be and probably ten or twenty times as massive. In some sense I guess it would be consistent of them to hugely inflate Todo's size too, but obviously it would be nicer if he was scaled more accurately. Plus, BD-1 isn't actually all that much smaller. The folks who've 3D printed him put him about 45cm tall in his usual crouched posture and 60-70cm when standing upright, so pretty nearly the same range...

Edited by Kdapt-Preacher

1 hour ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

Yes, but LEGO's Yoda is ridiculously oversized relative to a minifig. He should be around a third the height of an average human, but instead he's about 80% as tall and equally broad, so he's more than twice as tall as he should be and probably ten or twenty times as massive. In some sense I guess it would be consistent of them to hugely inflate Todo's size too, but obviously it would be nicer if he was scaled more accurately. Plus, BD-1 isn't actually all that much smaller. The folks who've 3D printed him put him about 45cm tall in his usual crouched posture and 60-70cm when standing upright, so pretty nearly the same range...

Forgive me if I'm doing my math wrong, EDIT: YES I WAS but: 60-70cm is 1/10th of .66m, meaning BD-1 is about a 10th the height of yoda/todo. And if you've ever played fallen order, BD-1 sits on cal's shoulder, and extending his neck out, his head reaches to around the top of Cal's head. You'd have to trash-compact yoda to do that. Plus, R2, D-0, BB-8, and countless others are sized up from their actual versions. This really wouldn't be inconsistent at all, I'm not sure why everyone is so opposed to the concept of a brick-built todo.

2 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Forgive me if I'm doing my math wrong, but: 60-70cm is 1/10th of .66m, meaning BD-1 is about a 10th the height of yoda/todo. Likewise, R2, D-0, BB-8, and countless others are sized up from their actual versions. This really wouldn't be inconsistent at all, I'm not sure why everyone is so opposed to the concept of a brick-built todo.

You're doing your math wrong. 0.66 m is 66 cm.

You're completely right that a lot of things are sized up, of course, because the whole idea of exact scaling just doesn't make a lot of sense given that minifigures aren't proportioned remotely like humans anyway. But a brick-built Todo would have to be sized up a lot, significantly more than the other examples there, to a degree that I don't think would end up looking right.

Edited by Kdapt-Preacher

3 minutes ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

You're doing your math wrong. 0.66 m is 66 cm.

Yup, I was thinking of kilometers to meters I think. But still, BD-1 sits on cal's shoulder, and extending his neck out, his head reaches to around the top of Cal's head. You'd have to trash-compact yoda to do that. So I'm thinking the 3d modelers might be a tad off. Yoda definately does not fit here:

SizeMattersNot...Yesitdoes.jpg

I will photoshop yoda here momentarily